Florentino Perez - man of mystery!

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Re: Florentino Perez - man of mystery!

Post by The Madrid One on Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:00 pm

I think that one reason that many people would like to see past Legends as President and/or in other positions of power is because of the belief that they would have loyal and passionate intentions with the club along with a healthy management of the sporting aspects of the club. Having said this, i understand some of the points stated here and i think that it can at least be said then that legends could be considered for positions in the board of directors.

Here's a link of Madrid's current board

https://www.realmadrid.com/sobre-el-real-madrid/el-club/junta-directiva

and an article from 2011 that talks about Florentino Perez' and Sandro Rosell's board of directors (backgrounds, duties, etc).

http://www.expansion.com/2011/10/28/empresas/1319838285.html

Counting the President, there are 17 board members in Real Madrid so when it comes to the 15% budget thing, if for example that equates to 80 million then that would divide into around 5 million per member.

As described in the article, during Rosell's tenure, Antoni Rossich served as FC Barcelona's general director and was referred to by many in the club as "the boss," whilst Rosell divided specific duties between himself and his board members. In Perez' case our general director is Jose Angel Sanchez and many of the board of directors are friends of Perez for a long time, including childhood friends and his own brother.

The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill on Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:10 am

@themadridone many people want to see past players there because of there name, that's it. and back to vandeez, no i don't want any of them to be even considered as candidates if they don't make the grade. i don't want them to even get a whiff of the position. they can go the butragueno mijatovvic valdano route, there are roles like sporting directors, ambassadorial roles, "adviser to the president", any of those fancy roles. but if they don't meet the criteria plus have never run a company before on such scale NO, i don't even want them considered as candidates. they're actually of major use for the campaign process, it seems socios like that
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by vanDEEZ on Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:09 am

Well it's a good thing you weren't around when Santiago Bernabéu was being elected. The man who basically made the club what it is today was a former player and manager who would likely not have met the regulations today.
vanDEEZ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill on Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:33 am

totally different time between then and now. and for what it's worth, don santiago was a visionary- he's barely even known at all for his football. only a visionary could pull the kind of coup he did to get the players he got. and as i mentioned, totally different time, you can't even compare those scenarios with today. today it's a different ball game. the president isn't just about signing players and wages, the scope is beyond what an ex-footballer who hasn't even run a multimiliion dollar company knows. there are steps to take and the steps cannot and should not be easy....let them take those steps and earn it, is what i'm going for

and btw my opinion wouldn't have mattered either way, i'm just a fan lol. there are other roles for ex-players at the club, plenty of them even
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4