Lucifer
McAgger
Kebab
Kick
Valkyrja
80 posters

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club III - Page 13 Empty Re: The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club III

Post by Harmonica Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:34 am

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club III - Page 13 2cch2aT

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club III - Page 13 ZrNzfOM

Has anyone checked jibers?

Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club III - Page 13 Empty Re: The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club III

Post by Myesyats Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:18 pm

The accuracy on that shot was insane... Perfection

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:38 am

And the first freekick Asenjo conceded in 160 Liga games no less.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:18 am

Harmonica wrote:And the first freekick Asenjo conceded in 160 Liga games no less.
Shocked Cool
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:55 am

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club III - Page 13 CGRv7D2

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club III - Page 13 OZnlXV4

Poor jibers.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:40 am

Somehow he still manages to suprise me after so many years.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:51 pm

Myesyats wrote:Somehow he still manages to suprise me after so many years.

The only weakness in his game now bar his walking is penalties. He is by far the most complete attacking player I have seen. Him standing over a FK is almost like a penalty.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:35 pm

Absolutely unreal.

By now I think noone should have a problem with calling Messi the best attacking player ever.

By now I almost hope Argentina win a WC just so that there's no stupid bickering anymore.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Katy Perry Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:46 pm

Is there really someone that saw Messi play in his lifetime that doesn't think he's the best ever because he didn't win a WC? I can understand users of GL in 2200 looking at football in retrospection (wikipedia) and doubting that because he lacks a WC win, but people living nowadays seeing him week after week, year after year? And in 2200 there will have been 4/5 players at least better than him. day. Actually in 2200 we'll be having WW7, fresh water aquifers drying up, oil disappearing, etc and football won't be as relevant as an argument of discussion.
Katy Perry
Katy Perry
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:27 am

Katy Perry wrote:Is there really someone that saw Messi play in his lifetime that doesn't think he's the best ever because he didn't win a WC? I can understand users of GL in 2200 looking at football in retrospection (wikipedia) and doubting that because he lacks a WC win, but people living nowadays seeing him week after week, year after year? And in 2200 there will have been 4/5 players at least better than him. day. Actually in 2200 we'll be having WW7, fresh water aquifers drying up, oil disappearing, etc and football won't be as relevant as an argument of discussion.
Well anyone who actually can logically and fairly relate performances, can already tell Messi WC14 is one of the best ever individual performances in World Cup history, better than Cruyff WC74 and any Pele's performances. So if the reason why someone doesn't rate Messi in best ever perspective, is that he doesn't have a World Cup, it just tells about person illogical thinking, and unfairness. And let me tell you, there's a lot of those in the world.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:56 am

Katy Perry wrote:Is there really someone that saw Messi play in his lifetime that doesn't think he's the best ever because he didn't win a WC? I can understand users of GL in 2200 looking at football in retrospection (wikipedia) and doubting that because he lacks a WC win, but people living nowadays seeing him week after week, year after year? And in 2200 there will have been 4/5 players at least better than him. day. Actually in 2200 we'll be having WW7, fresh water aquifers drying up, oil disappearing, etc and football won't be as relevant as an argument of discussion.

Can't say he is the best ever. The game has changed far too much, it's almost a completely different game to the one played just 10 years ago let alone to the game played in the 80s all the way back to the 50s/40s.

I will say this, the gap between him and the rest is perhaps bigger than there has ever been in any generation. The astounding thing is that he is just so ruthlessly efficient that everyone takes it for granted now.

Ability wise, the closest to me overall is Cruyff.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:43 pm

Very Happy The world is start to have some of those problems u mentioned way before 2200 probably so... looking at the stats we will have 10 billion ppl on this earth in a few years time, just scary... eventually soon something nasty are bound to start to happen unfortunately.

I used to think no doubt hes best ever too, but to see CR7 able to win 4 awards during Messi's time, seems hes not THAT untouchable afterall. And comparing with different eras is difficult as discussed so many times by everyone already. But definitely in my lifetime from what ive seen hes the best by far.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:58 pm

best ever is impossible to determine because there are too many things to take into consideration. he's definitely the best of this generation by a mile and in the first tier of all time greats along with Di Stefano, Pele, Cruyff, Maradona and R9. it's impossible to find one weakness in his game bar defensive work-rate. and when i say weakness i mean that it's not perfect, because his game is as close to perfection as it gets.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:13 pm

10 freekick goals the past year.

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club III - Page 13 6yabsgV

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club III - Page 13 4eUIFpJ

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club III - Page 13 TPn8eaB

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club III - Page 13 QLU8YPn

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club III - Page 13 8eBBf0r

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club III - Page 13 7TkVy4q

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club III - Page 13 4wVwTy4

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club III - Page 13 0qywdgC

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club III - Page 13 2cch2aT

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club III - Page 13 CGRv7D2
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by NeganIsco Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:14 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Absolutely unreal.

By now I think noone should have a problem with calling Messi the best attacking player ever.

By now I almost hope Argentina win a WC just so that there's no stupid bickering anymore.

Um, there is no debate, he is the best ever. He just isn't as driven as he was earlier in his career to produce what is he is capable of...
NeganIsco
NeganIsco
Banned (Temporary)

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by NeganIsco Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:16 pm

Valkyrja wrote:best ever is impossible to determine because there are too many things to take into consideration. he's definitely the best of this generation by a mile and in the first tier of all time greats along with Di Stefano, Pele, Cruyff, Maradona and R9. it's impossible to find one weakness in his game bar defensive work-rate. and when i say weakness i mean that it's not perfect, because his game is as close to perfection as it gets.

Um, no, he is the best ever, and i despise barcelona, that should tell you something.

Football is the most challenging currently than ever in history, If Messi existed at any generation, he would by far be the best, no matter which generation you insert him in.

NeganIsco
NeganIsco
Banned (Temporary)

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:25 pm

The most amazing thing about Messi is that he's essentially three WC players combined into one. Laughing

How many players throughout history were world class goalscorers, playmakers, AND dribblers?

What's even more outstanding is that when it's all said and done, he's definitely a top 10 GOAT in all of those attributes.

Now he's added free kicks to his repertoire. The complete attacker. The GOAT. :bow:
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by NeganIsco Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:43 pm

Casciavit wrote:The most amazing thing about Messi is that he's essentially three WC players combined into one. Laughing

How many players throughout history were world class goalscorers, playmakers, AND dribblers?

What's even more outstanding is that when it's all said and done, he's definitely a top 10 GOAT in all of those attributes.

Now he's added free kicks to his repertoire. The complete attacker. The GOAT. :bow:

Exactly

Pele and maradona can't pull of that vision and passing of messi, even if their life depended on it.
NeganIsco
NeganIsco
Banned (Temporary)

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:06 pm

NeganIsco wrote:
Valkyrja wrote:best ever is impossible to determine because there are too many things to take into consideration. he's definitely the best of this generation by a mile and in the first tier of all time greats along with Di Stefano, Pele, Cruyff, Maradona and R9. it's impossible to find one weakness in his game bar defensive work-rate. and when i say weakness i mean that it's not perfect, because his game is as close to perfection as it gets.

Um, no, he is the best ever, and i despise barcelona, that should tell you something.

Football is the most challenging currently than ever in history, If Messi existed at any generation, he would by far be the best, no matter which generation you insert him in.

If Messi played in the 60s he wouldn't play the same way he does now. What Messi is doing now is due to his unbelieavable talent but also about the conditions which he has at his disposal.

How do you compare a 2016 Ferrari with a 1960 one ?

Imo it's all about the domination of their respective generation. Di Stefano was the best in his time, Pele in his, R9 in his and now we have Messi.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:12 pm

“For the average player, odds against achieving a 21-match goalscoring streak are about a sextillion-to-one!”

(2.75/28)^21≈1/10^21

True dat.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kebab Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:27 pm

he was shaped to be a footballer. if he focuses at something he becomes best at it. like guardiola said if he wanted to be a defender he would be the best. i think his power is brain related.
top 10 goat at playmaking goalscoring and dribbling. You cant show me another player like this in history
Kebab
Kebab
Cant go to the last pages in mobile version. There is no page numbers

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:16 pm

NeganIsco wrote:
Casciavit wrote:The most amazing thing about Messi is that he's essentially three WC players combined into one. Laughing

Exactly

Pele and maradona can't pull of that vision and passing of messi, even if their life depended on it.

rofl rofl rofl

The main difference between this era and past eras of football is that fans all the way down to their pre-teens feel so entitled that they can casually rule out any legacy left behind by players they've only maybe seen random highlights of on Youtube. Hell, I'm sure most of the people on this forum don't care about 90% of the past legends of football. Didn't see it, didn't happen.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:18 pm

Kebab wrote:he was shaped to be a footballer. if he focuses at something he becomes best at it. like guardiola said if he wanted to be a defender he would be the best. i think his power is brain related.
top 10 goat at playmaking goalscoring and dribbling. You cant show me another player like this in history

WORD!

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club III - Page 13 Werd_up
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:53 pm

Why you so mad? Laughing

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:52 am

Sampaoli - "To compare Messi to the rest, is like comparing a good policeman to Batman."
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:56 pm

To Superman Laughing
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next