Jay29
RealGunner
McLewis
Tomwin Lannister
Great Leader Sprucenuce
18 posters

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 29 - Page 37 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 29

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:46 pm

Onyx wrote:
Pedram wrote:
Onyx wrote:Meh. Until the current crappy roster produces legit megastars, I'll take 50 year old legends over them.

You do realize that mega stars don't just appear out of the blue ? none of the guys you mentioned were stars from their very first day.

Strength and charisma can only get you so far in wrestling, it's good booking and writing that makes the fans care about a wrestler.

Like I said though, as a fan I don't care about where the stars come from. I don't care about booking or creative. I just want the best product on a weekly basis. If the product sucks, then people won't watch. And the ratings nowadays reflect that.

Back in 1996 Rock/Austin were there, but they weren't legit stars yet. Then the writing/character development improved, they became stars and the ratings gradually went up. But the thing is it's all about now. Fans are tuning out, we haven't got 3-4 years or time for the creative to improve. At this point the easiest solution is to bring back the older stars so there's more of a reason to watch.

Yeah but don't you realize that isn't the talents fault? As i said before that roster was as stacked as any but nobody actually cared.

The blame squarely lies at the fault of the creative and the writing team, blaming the talent for that is silly.

You could bring back The Rock and all those legends back full time and it wouldn't change a damn thing. Hell we have seen it when they do come back, it doesn't impact the ratings at all and when Bryan was on to do the retirement thing the ratings dropped not improved.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 29 - Page 37 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 29

Post by Pedram Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:03 pm

Rock coming out with a flamethrower and wasting 15 minutes of the PPV just to get to the ring or HBK and Stone Cold performing their finishers on the poor mid carders for cheap pop. how does this help WWE ?

It's the legends that have been ruining WWE, if you're too old for wrestling then don't come back every once a year to steal the spotlight from the younger talents.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:06 pm

works for me tbh, will tune in watch the main event and then quit Proud
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:07 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
RealGunner wrote:Oh its because of the presidential debate

Why would that matter? it's on the network lol, people are already paying for it in subscriptions and it's on demand.

Baffling decision to me lol.

So more people can watch it I think. Metzleder just confirmed it it's because of the debate.

Miz-Ziggler most likely to go last with Ziggler winning.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:09 pm

RealGunner wrote:
RealGunner wrote:Oh its because of the presidential debate

Why would that matter? it's on the network lol, people are already paying for it in subscriptions and it's on demand.

Baffling decision to me lol.

So more people can watch it I think. Metzleder just confirmed it it's because of the debate.

Miz-Ziggler most likely to go last with Ziggler winning.

Will people stay after the "main event" though lol? Just seems strange to me because it's on the network, if it was traditional PPV i'd agree though.

Miz and Ziggler would actually fit a main event because of the storyline so i don't mind that so much.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:09 pm

Onyx wrote:
Pedram wrote:

You do realize that mega stars don't just appear out of the blue ? none of the guys you mentioned were stars from their very first day.

Strength and charisma can only get you so far in wrestling, it's good booking and writing that makes the fans care about a wrestler.

Like I said though, as a fan I don't care about where the stars come from. I don't care about booking or creative. I just want the best product on a weekly basis. If the product sucks, then people won't watch. And the ratings nowadays reflect that.

Back in 1996 Rock/Austin were there, but they weren't legit stars yet. Then the writing/character development improved, they became stars and the ratings gradually went up. But the thing is it's all about now. Fans are tuning out, we haven't got 3-4 years or time for the creative to improve. At this point the easiest solution is to bring back the older stars so there's more of a reason to watch.

Yeah but don't you realize that isn't the talents fault? As i said before that roster was as stacked as any but nobody actually cared.

The blame squarely lies at the fault of the creative and the writing team, blaming the talent for that is silly.

You could bring back The Rock and all those legends back full time and it wouldn't change a damn thing. Hell we have seen it when they do come back, it doesn't impact the ratings at all and when Bryan was on to do the retirement thing the ratings dropped not improved.

When I say 'crappy roster', I'm just saying what I see currently. We all know the creative sucks and a lot of it is down to them. Though that doesn't necessarily mean every superstar has some form of megastar gene within them waiting to be unlocked.

But anyway, bring back stars and more people will watch. I certainly will. It's an easy fix imo.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:13 pm

Fair enough.

Although i particularly believe bringing back part time stars works but we'll see because that's obviously going to happen.

As it happens every year.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:13 pm

You rather watch Taker vs Goldberg where two guys who may as well need 20 minutes tea break in between the match in oppose to Ambrose vs AJ Styles?

C'mon MT. I can understand with Punk but all these stars are past it and finished.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:14 pm

RealGunner wrote:You rather watch Taker vs Goldberg where two guys who may as well need 20 minutes tea break in between the match in oppose to Ambrose vs AJ Styles?

Laughing

I can understand MT's point of view when it comes to guys who can talk because at least you get that while the feud is building even if you know the match will be utter shite.

But when it comes to Goldberg, Lesnar and Taker? nah lol, none of these guys are better than the average WWE promo really.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:15 pm

Pedram wrote:Rock coming out with a flamethrower and wasting 15 minutes of the PPV just to get to the ring or HBK and Stone Cold performing their finishers on the poor mid carders for cheap pop. how does this help WWE ?

It's the legends that have been ruining WWE, if you're too old for wrestling then don't come back every once a year to steal the spotlight from the younger talents.

I agree the Austin/Rock spots were meaningless. But if Rock, Goldberg, Lesnar etc returned for actual storylines then I don't see a problem with it.

If an older guy is taking the spot of a potential goat young superstar, then there's a problem. There were rumours of Batista taking Bryan's spot at WM30.

But right now there's no young superstar who's on the verge of being great.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:17 pm

If CM Punk came back it's a different story entirely Laughing

It's not going to happen though sadly, the potential feuds we could have had. Sad
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:19 pm

With me obviously I'm not really fussed about match quality unless it's truly awful. I care more about the hype and star power. All the legends will provide that and hopefully they can put on an acceptable match.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:19 pm

They would have had Punk in RAW and RAW would have been great.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:25 pm

Well for the segments he's out there for anyway Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:33 pm

Goldberg vs Lesnar is happening on Survivor Series anyway.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:35 am

I'm starting to wonder if the title match is going to have a *bleep* finish hmm

Wouldn't put it past them at all to have Cena win his 16th and then have a rematch in the main event where AJ wins it back lol.

They have done it before anyway.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:37 am

Possible and saw few speculate that. Would be something new if there is some massive shittery and Shane arranges another match at the end.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:43 am

WWE's editing team continues to be the real MVPs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWuXyC8L3VM
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:51 am

10 mins yea?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:52 am

Yeah hmm
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:05 am

Cena getting 2004-esque cheers ffs
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:08 am

All 3 got massive pops lol. No one knows who the heel is rofl
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:09 am

I heard boos and John Cena sucks hmm

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:09 am

This promo bah gawd

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:09 am

if cena wins we riot imo
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:11 am

RealGunner wrote:All 3 got massive pops lol. No one knows who the heel is rofl

This doesn't surprise me tbh, it's been the case every week on SmackDown.

Cena is Cena, Ambrose is loved by the kids and AJ is a cool heel kinda Kurt Angle like so he'll get more cheers than boos.

Last edited by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next