Hapless_Hans
Great Leader Sprucenuce
rincon
juve_gigi
S
83 posters

Page 32 of 36 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next

Go down

Official: Pogba returns to Manchester United - Page 32 Empty Re: Official: Pogba returns to Manchester United

Post by Lucifer Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:40 pm

Besides United's problem lies with finishing rather than creativity. E.g against pool ibra squandered a beautiful chance made by Pogba, had he scored we would have been fapping over him. Not to mention he has for number of times hit the woodwork.
tl dr give some time to the poor feck.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Official: Pogba returns to Manchester United - Page 32 Empty Re: Official: Pogba returns to Manchester United

Post by titosantill Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:57 pm

@Arquitescu nobody is saying those things are wrong. pogba will walk into any reasonable team and play well. right now utd aren't reasonable. my disagreement with sports is solely limited to the player comparisons he brought up.....not the kid's talent. but as i said, you can't be surprised by people's concerns, comments or criticisms. if he was signed on a free, i doubt the feedback would be this rampant or polarizing

to say he sucked cow dung is a massive stretch, i felt he blended in nicely, and we struggled for a bit when he got injured against marseille. i can't recall many fans going "why did we sign cristiano" after his first couple of games. can't speak on lewandoski, i didn't really follow the bundesliga that much after bayern got lewandowski and gotze...bale was meh, and injured too (i still don't think bale was worth 100 mill, he's a good player though)....players struggle for several reasons, you're arguing that its normal, and i'm not disagreeing with that, happens to the best of them

but people (Some, i know some just look at it as the guy's crap, which to me isn't the case) are looking at it within the context of the transfer fee....and i mentioned this when he just signed. whether fair or not people will scrutinize everything to the last detail. when you pay nine figures for someone, you can't expect them to be treated like any old regular footballer. you can't be surprised when people aren't patient, it comes with the territory....it also doesn't help that his team isn't high up on the table. hence it adds pressure from the fans of his club as well
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:10 am

1) WELCOME BACK ARQQQQQQQQQQ :bow: :bow: :bow:

2) @ Sports: Comparing him to Suarez and Ronaldo, I can't. rofl

sportsczy wrote:
Nivash wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Suarez had 5 or 6 goals come January, which is my point.  Couldn't hit the side of a barn.  He finished great...  But it took him 6 months to get going.

He couldn't hit the side of a barn in his first season at Liverpool either.

Suarez started his Barca career with a huge suspension. He only actually started playing for them at the end of October

And through Feb 21...

19  games all comps
7 goals
52 shots
13.5% efficiency

@tito

Ronaldo in his first season through Jan 16...

15 games
12 goals
92 shots
13% efficiency

But here's the killer...  4 goals were against Xerez and Tenerife.  4 goals were against Marseille, who was dowright awful to start that season (I'm a OM fan; Deschamps almost got fired; second half of season was great though).  Take these 4 games out... and he had 4 goals in the other 11 games.

But I guess stat padding against bad teams has always been CR's thing so you may be right.

Suarez finished with 25 goals and 20 assists. His "slow" start was because of his ban, not because of being out of form. He helped Barcelona to a treble. Laughing

Also you say Ronaldo "stat padded against bad teams", what's Pogba's excuse then? It's not like he's vsing the likes of Madrid and Barcelona every week. He's not exactly helping United win against the "bad teams", way to shoot yourself in the foot

3) Joe Allen has been directly involved in more Premier League goals this season (6) than Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Paul Pogba combined (5).

Does Stoke City have better players than United? I mean, Ibra and Pogba play with useless passengers amIrite? Laughing
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:11 pm

Well Pogba had no preseason and his first game, with one week's training, was in EPL.  How is it different?  Why is it not a justification for Pogba too?

My grandmother would have at least 10 assists playing next to Messi and Neymar to go with 10 goals.

An yes...  My entire point is to let the season finish before handing out these stupid verdicts about players and managers.

And Pogba is rated higher going to Man u compared to when Suarez went to Barca btw.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:23 pm

Are we talking about the same Suarez that levelled the premier league? And you say he was rated lower than Pogba? Come on now, I agreed with your post till I read that flagrant piece of bias lol
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:18 pm

Arquitescu wrote:Why are people using false equivalences to prove their point on Pogba?

Sports is correct. You have an over-the-hill emo coach in Mourinho using Pogba, a player used differently by Conte, Allegri and Deschamps and in what maximises his strengths (what it did for his weaknesses are irrelevant) as Steve McMahon always likes to say; square pegs, round holes.

Don't buy a player for 10000000000000000 pound sterling from where he is already happy and thriving and use him like a Scott Parker.

Yes the silly PogBACK and media campaign with 2Pac and posses was silly yet we have a proven youngster on all levels who simply is being used incorrectly and furthermore needs time to adapt.

Such sample size analysis must be analysed accordingly, not conclusively.

Ffs arq Proud

Clearly the lad I paid to make you disappear was shit at his job. If you want something done etc etc...

Having said that. Welcome back Molenation
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:22 pm

to think United paid more money to this guy's agent than city did for Gundo. man yoo Laughing

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:25 pm

This thread is awfully quite after dat 120m wondergoal.

I wonder why?

Smile

120m well spent. Pogboom Proud
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:26 pm

Where the haters at?

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:26 pm

While Cheapventus are drawing away at Chievo , Pogboom is lighting up the GOAT league
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:38 pm

Valkyrja wrote:While Cheapventus are drawing away at Chievo , Pogboom is lighting up the GOAT league

So much wrong in one post Laughing
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:06 pm

Pogboom is improving. And I am not talking about the goal fyi. His overall game was pretty solid albeit it was against a piss poor opposition, like he was carrying on from that decent showing last week.
Still not close to justifying his fees or anything as of yet, but lately feeling more and more confident that he WILL get there. Its only early days and the lad is settling well.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:02 pm

Thread is awfully quiet

Oh, that's right. PogBACK, POGBOOM, SALON D'OR silencing everyone with a stunner in a difficult away match

Paul :bow:

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:04 pm

Thread is quiet because this is something he's supposed to be doing twice a week you plebs.

Last edited by Nishankly on Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:06 pm

Salon D'or rofl
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:12 pm

Tomwin Lannister wrote:Salon D'or rofl

Fifa will hold a ceremony in January called "The Best". The Salon d'Or is a new feature this year and it will reward the most outstanding player according to a thousand of barbershop owners Thumbs up

The three finalists for 2016 are Cristiano Ronaldo, Marek Hamsik and Paul Pogba.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:00 pm

Class! Proud

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:06 pm

Glory wrote:

Class! Proud
Thumbs up Thumbs up
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:23 pm

We've found the right midfield partners for him in Carrick and Herrera and he's dominating matches as a result of it. Very pleased for him!
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:35 pm

RED wrote:We've found the right midfield partners for him in Carrick and Herrera and he's dominating matches as a result of it. Very pleased for him!
I agree. carrick in the team helps them both out. he has the brain and they have the legs.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:36 pm

RED wrote:We've found the right midfield partners for him in Carrick and Herrera and he's dominating matches as a result of it. Very pleased for him!

If only I could find my post where I recommended that ffs

That's closest to Marchisio-Pirlo-Pogba United will get so it works
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:59 pm

Official: Pogba returns to Manchester United - Page 32 Cz9OYtqXcAACzOv

So far so good.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:16 pm

Yeah that's nothing to write home about because he was pretty dreadful in the first half of last season Laughing
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:18 pm

A central midfielder whose transfer fee in millions is higher than his pass completion percentage lmao
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:28 pm

S wrote:Yeah that's nothing to write home about because he was pretty dreadful in the first half of last season Laughing

^this Laughing
best case of false advertisement ever. Pogba's first half of 2015/16 was the worst time he had in his Juve career.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:00 pm

Paul Pogba is the first Premier League player to complete 1,000 passes in the opposition half this season.

:bow:
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 36 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next