zigra
guest7
Firenze
Great Leader Sprucenuce
RealGunner
31 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Anything but the PL title should be a failure for Mourinho - Page 6 Empty Re: Anything but the PL title should be a failure for Mourinho

Post by Unique Tue May 16, 2017 3:36 pm

Nishankly wrote:League cup is a legit trophy. Community shield is a glorified pre season friendly.

Thumbs up

Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Anything but the PL title should be a failure for Mourinho - Page 6 Empty Re: Anything but the PL title should be a failure for Mourinho

Post by M99 Tue May 16, 2017 3:51 pm

Pool fans acting like League Cup is a legit trophy because its the last trophy they won Proud
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue May 16, 2017 4:54 pm

M99 wrote:Pool fans acting like League Cup is a legit trophy because its the last trophy they won Proud
we have also won it the most times. Proud
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue May 16, 2017 5:06 pm

These were the expectations.

RealGunner wrote:United delivered all his requests. Pogba, Mkhitariyan, Bailly and Ibrahimovic. Spent over £170m. Built a galacticos team

Anything but the PL title should be considered as a failure

Firenze wrote:Think Arsenal finish ahead of us tbh. Seriously believe this is your year RG.

anything less than a competitive top 3 finish from Mou is a failure though

guest7 wrote:I agree, they have the best team on paper right now... Besides they have Zlatan that's a automatic league title.

M99 wrote:Agreed.

ES wrote:They will comfortably finish top 3

Sushi Master wrote:They are not winning the PL with such changes. A comfortable top 4 finish is what I'm expecting from them.

juve_gigi wrote:They SHOULD finish top 3 at the very least.  Anything below that is a failure tbh.  If they don't qualify for CL after spending close to $200 million pounds then he will probably get sacked...

Nishankly wrote:I brought the same up in the Pogba thread, Mentioned top 2 because City have spent a lot as well.

Unique wrote:they will win the title

Now people are justifying 6th place finishes Laughing
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue May 16, 2017 5:13 pm

winning the EL is a bigger achievement

petition to change the thread title IMO @Realgunner, it's only 1 letter so shouldn't be too much effort for you
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue May 16, 2017 5:18 pm

I'm just way too tempted not to post this as well written by a clown around this time

Clown wrote: You're behind Atleti, Real, Barca and Bayern. On the same level as PSG and Man City in terms of having a shot at winning the CL, so basically very unlikely and actually we are PL contenders this season obviously

Clown wrote:  Utd winning the PL is far more realistic than Juventus winning the CL.      

Anything but the PL title should be a failure for Mourinho - Page 6 0663d2fc
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue May 16, 2017 5:25 pm

nobody could have foreseen unreal goalkeeping and bad luck that struck us this season
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue May 16, 2017 5:27 pm

anyway, much like this thread, anything but the CL for Juve this season should be a failure

spend 90m on some jabroni with 4 CL knockout goals in 25 games

can't wait to make the thread when you get ruined by Madrid
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue May 16, 2017 5:27 pm

Firenze wrote:nobody could have foreseen unreal goalkeeping and bad luck that struck us this season

True but those posts reeked of arrogance from that clown dint it ?! I mean, what a fool that guy turned out to be, whoever it was !
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue May 16, 2017 5:28 pm

being on the cusp of the treble has made me even more arrogant tbh
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue May 16, 2017 5:33 pm

Firenze wrote:anyway, much like this thread, anything but the CL for Juve this season should be a failure

spend 90m on some jabroni with 4 CL knockout goals in 25 games

can't wait to make the thread when you get ruined by Madrid

If we don't wrap up the CL this year, I have no posting career

Anything but the PL title should be a failure for Mourinho - Page 6 Nintchdbpict000311827480
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue May 16, 2017 5:34 pm

Atleti would have given Juve a good (boring) game IMO. Nobody foresaw how much Barca would regress this season IMO, in part due to some of the worst summer signings of all time. Bayern were unlucky that they came against the best team in the world. Same as Atleti.

as always it comes down to the draw, you've had a relatively kind road to the final and will get shown up by Madrid now you're there

but yeah, I was wrong about that in hindsight, but at the time I said it you wouldn't have found many that disagreed
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue May 16, 2017 5:44 pm

Anything but the PL title should be a failure for Mourinho - Page 6 84c6cb77d8158c7dd992251e9b78c60c_tripe-h-nodding-cute-lucu-hhh-nod-gif_200-105

You're talking about lot about us

But what about your final ? What happens if u lose, huh ?

I am hopeful I won't join you in the greatest disappearance act of all time tbh

Confident I'll reclaim my yard tbh whilst back to your basement in Blackpool for you

Last edited by S on Tue May 16, 2017 6:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Tue May 16, 2017 5:46 pm

You listen these things just for Mourinho because he is hated.

If Manchester United gets the EL their season is very good, it's easy to realize the reason.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue May 16, 2017 5:49 pm

robes projecting those Inter-level ambitions onto Manchester United Proud
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Tue May 16, 2017 5:57 pm

rincon wrote:robes projecting those Inter-level ambitions onto Manchester United Proud

Every fan should be satisfied if his club wins an European cup , it is not matter of Inter  , United or Ipswich Town fans.

I still couldn't believe there were Juve fans that preferred winning Scudetto with 102 points ( because 102 are 3 figures, 97 are 2..)  more than winning the Europa League (in addition to Scudetto ) . As it happened in 2014 under Conte , Juve got knocked out from Benfica in EL semi-final under Conte but ppl was glad for an expected Scudetto got with points record Laughing

Shocking mentality imo.

If in modern football ,ppl don't rate an European Cup ( morever, the only European cup never won from United in its history ) because in 2000s  years ppl rate just leagues or CL it's not my problem . It's their problem. And it means the football is dead.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue May 16, 2017 6:08 pm

S wrote:Anything but the PL title should be a failure for Mourinho - Page 6 Giphy

You're talking about lot about us but what about you ?

What about your final ? What happens if u lose, huh ?

Confident I'll reclaim my yard whilst back to your basement in Blackpool for you

the odds of you beating Madrid are at best a toss up, because normally they say in a cup final the odds of you beating the other team are about 50/50

now you look at us and you look at Ajax and you see that statement is not true, because we're Manchester United and we are not normal, so Ajax have got a 25% chance AT BEST of beating us but then you add big game players like Pogba to the mix and our chances of losing, drastic go down, see in the CL final Juve have realistically about a 33 and 1/3 chance of winning but we have a 66 2/3 chance of winning our final, cause Ajax know they can't beat us and I doubt they're even gonna try so now onto the potential supercup clash Juve take their 33 1/3 chance of beating madrid, minus our 25% chance and you have an 8 1/3 chance of winning the supercup against us, but then you take our 75% chance if we was to go 1 on 1 and then add 66% and 2/3 chance % we have 141 and 2/3 chance of winning the EL

See Surag, the numbers don't lie and they spell DISASTER for you in Cardiff

Anything but the PL title should be a failure for Mourinho - Page 6 Scott-steiner-o
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue May 16, 2017 6:10 pm

Its not a matter of rating a cup or not, its a matter of expectations. Being a failure or a success is not absolute, its relative to what you were supposed to do.

Mourinho has his team at 6th place. He took it, he asked for extremely expensive transfers, and he brought them down in the table. That is failure.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue May 16, 2017 6:13 pm

we're only gonna finish 6th because Mou prioritized the EL

it's quite possible we could have beaten Arsenal and Spurs if we fielded our best possible team

but since the CL qualification is the most important, beating Celta Vigo and Ajax are far easier

(in regards to us finishing lower than last season)

exhaustion and injuries have played a large factor in the last few months for us

the league has been a failure this season, that's undeniable, but it won't define our season

I'd much rather win trophies than finish second in the league and finish without any
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue May 16, 2017 6:21 pm

No. You are gonna be finishing 6th because the team has been 6th best the entire season. Don't put this on 2 games when the team has been 6th for like 90% of the season. That is why you are 6th. Banking on the EL for CL qualification is not a choice, its a necessity.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue May 16, 2017 6:23 pm

Firenze wrote:
S wrote:Anything but the PL title should be a failure for Mourinho - Page 6 Giphy

You're talking about lot about us but what about you ?

What about your final ? What happens if u lose, huh ?

Confident I'll reclaim my yard whilst back to your basement in Blackpool for you

the odds of you beating Madrid are at best a toss up, because normally they say in a cup final the odds of you beating the other team are about 50/50

now you look at us and you look at Ajax and you see that statement is not true, because we're Manchester United and we are not normal, so Ajax have got a 25% chance AT BEST of beating us but then you add big game players like Pogba to the mix and our chances of losing, drastic go down, see in the CL final Juve have realistically about a 33 and 1/3 chance of winning but we have a 66 2/3 chance of winning our final, cause Ajax know they can't beat us and I doubt they're even gonna try so now onto the potential supercup clash Juve take their 33 1/3 chance of beating madrid, minus our 25% chance and you have an 8 1/3 chance of winning the supercup against us, but then you take our 75% chance if we was to go 1 on 1 and then add 66% and 2/3 chance % we have 141 and 2/3 chance of winning the EL

See Surag, the numbers don't lie and they spell DISASTER for you in Cardiff

Anything but the PL title should be a failure for Mourinho - Page 6 Scott-steiner-o

Anything but the PL title should be a failure for Mourinho - Page 6 786de3bed1f86697ab32568f6fb3a216

No math will get in the way of destiny , boy. It's destiny for Juve to triumph in Cardiff. The last two times we won the CL, we won it by beating the defending champion so yeah, it was always going to be the hard way for us but victory always tastes sweeter that way.

On June the 3rd, we're going to embarrass Madrid on the biggest stage in the world and shove it down yours and every other non-believer's throat that we're the best team in the world !! We prove it. We claim it. We are IT.

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Tue May 16, 2017 6:42 pm

rincon wrote:Its not a matter of rating a cup or not, its a matter of expectations. Being a failure or a success is not absolute, its relative to what you were supposed to do.

Mourinho has his team at 6th place. He took it, he asked for extremely expensive transfers, and he brought them down in the table. That is failure.

This is why the postmodern society carry to excess on everything and we lose sight of sense of proportion.
We live in a society based on  indignation , where it's easy to talk about failure and shame for everything, but it's a problem because we devalue the real meaning of terms.
Failure.
If United wins Europa League it will get the same results of Spurs ( CL qualification ) in addition to an European Cup that is always an event for a club.
Because United fans will remember that glorious European night, not the Wengertablegif.jpg where they 've been above their rivals winning nothing.
If a season concluded with 3 cups ( an European Cup. Ok El is not CL, but it's not because of Mou if they didn't get the CL place last year. So surely it is not his failure ) we should revise ,as well as the meaning of terms - as adviced - , also the concept  of mathematics.
Language offers us very words, using them instead of talking about " Failure " for everything.

Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue May 16, 2017 7:11 pm

Robespierre wrote:
rincon wrote:Its not a matter of rating a cup or not, its a matter of expectations. Being a failure or a success is not absolute, its relative to what you were supposed to do.

This is why the postmodern society carry to excess on everything and we lose sight of sense of proportion.
We live in a society based on  indignation , where it's easy to talk about failure and shame for everything, but it's a problem because we devalue the real meaning of terms.
Failure.
If United wins Europa League it will get the same results of Spurs ( CL qualification ) in addition to an European Cup that is always an event for a club.
Because United fans will remember that glorious European night, not the Wengertablegif.jpg where they 've been above their rivals winning nothing.
If a season concluded with 3 cups ( an European Cup. Ok El is not CL, but it's not because of Mou if they didn't get the CL place last year. So surely it is not his failure ) we should revise ,as well as the meaning of terms - as adviced - , also the concept  of mathematics.
Language offers us very words, using them instead of talking about " Failure " for everything.

Not everyone has such a low bar for the teams they support as you do.

Its ok if United wants to go down that road, just let Firenze and the others know that 6th place is ok. That scoring less than Bournemouth is ok. Than sliding down the league for the past 3 seasons is ok. That doing so with the second highest paid coach in the world is ok. That breaking the transfer record to lose to Liverpool is ok. That having the worst record among the big teams playing each other in the EPL is ok. That breaking the record for draws at home is ok. That losing to Wenger and finishing below Arsenal during their collapse is ok.

They haven't won EL yet, but if they don't, it'll be ok. They went through Rostov, Saint Etienne and Celta and that's what matters.

We'll say he didn't fail, we are all winners I guess.

Last edited by rincon on Tue May 16, 2017 7:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue May 16, 2017 7:15 pm

put it this way, we are going to have won 3 of 5 possible trophies this season

and we got knocked out of one of the other tournaments NARROWLY, while being a man down, by the eventual league winners and the team that will likely win the entire thing

enough about failure, you should be congratulating us
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue May 16, 2017 7:18 pm

I'm on board, congratulations! cheers
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue May 16, 2017 7:22 pm

I don't think it matters much to me in the end. The fans of Man U are the ones who should care.

So I agree with Rincon here. If Man U fans are alright with this, then that's ok. It's easy for me, I'm just going to choose not to watch Man U because I find them as dull Mourinho himself has become. It's too bad though, I used to like watching Ferguson's teams. Serial winners with an incredible ambition and hunger, and it showed in their exciting attacking play as well.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next