Arsenal vs Liverpool (16/17)

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Arsenal vs Liverpool (16/17)

Post by LoveSlug on Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:35 pm

Well this certainly was a better start to the season than I expected. I really hope we can continue this sort of attacking threat while we steady up our defence.

Also the talk is Milner is going to be our first choice LB, not sure how I feel about this but he should at least be better than Moreno.

LoveSlug
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:42 am

Wenger on boos: "Of course it's not nice. We were on a 10-game unbeaten run and unfortunately it ended today."

Yes Wenger thats is why Fans booed.Laughing

Man this guy is never running out of excuses...its only going to get worse.

World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman on Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:54 am

As much as I hate to scapegoat any one thing for this loss, I really just can't see how we can blame this defeat on anything other than a lack of transfer activity. Calum Chambers had the absolute worst performance of any defender to wear the Arsenal shirt since Andre Santos or Silvestre; he was constantly terribly out of position and failed in 90% of his attempts to step up and make a tackle to put us on the front foot. Meanwhile up top, Alexis had no impact whatsoever playing as a striker, which is fair enough because he is not a striker.

The thing is, those are the exact positions we should have recruited in already. We knew that we played Liverpool in week 1, and despite the unlucky injuries that popped up just before the season began that couldn't have been planned for, we always knew that we'd be missing several starters for this game and be rushing a few others back a month ago when so many of our players made it far in the Euros.

Given that known information, it should have been vital that we recruited before the season started rather than risk facing one of the best teams in the league at half-strength and playing guys who were not physically ready (see: Ramsey injury). But as we all know, we did nothing to manage this obvious risk.

Now even if we were to sign 2 players tomorrow, you know that they won't be firing on all cylinders by the Leicester game and we're risking that result as well with our inaction. And you can be sure that we will not be signing 2 players tomorrow btw. We need to make our signings *now*, because we needed them weeks ago.

I get that waiting could save the club a few pounds here or there, that's why Wenger's doing it, but how much will it cost us to drop points that we should be picking up and subsequently falling behind in the title race? It doesn't even make financial sense in the long-term to be so conservative and not get what you need to compete. Arsene needs to get his shit together.

First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power on Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:05 am

RealGunner wrote:Xhaka and Cazorla were immaculate with their passing. Both on the bench rofl
As at Gladbach, Xhaka should always start unless suspended ^^

Super Moderator

Club Supported : Rot-Weiß Oberhausen

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism on Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:11 am

Lack of transfer is one thing, starting with that midfield is criminal.
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri on Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:10 am

Wrong midfielders starting, no compactness, shitting our pants at the first sign of intensity from the opponent.
Sri
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri on Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:23 am

Numbers confirming the tactics and system issue:

http://news.arseblog.com/2016/08/arsenal-3-4-liverpool-by-the-numbers/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook
Sri
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by silver on Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:19 am

The worst thing is getting so much stick from Spurs/United/Liverpool fans and realizing most of what they are saying is right...

Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:22 am

Arsenal's way of playing out the back is so weird to me. It's unconventional because every other team will split the centre backs and drop a midfielder between them and that usually works. It takes the pressure off the centre backs who only have to play a simple pass to a midfielder.

Yet we don't do that. We leave our midfielders up the pitch and expect our defenders to find them with more difficult passes. That's why the ball gets stuck at the back so often and why we struggle against pressing teams. Playing around pressure requires angles and shorter distances between players to make the pass easier. But for a team that's meant to be a great passing side (lol) the distances and angles in our team are all wrong.

None of which is a new problem for us, and goes to show that nothing has been worked on in pre-season.
Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans on Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:33 am

The meltdown of you guys is a bit strange.

Every single one of you repeated like a mantra before the game that you would lose this, the problem in defense, the absences, your style vs Klopp's style, not enough players fit enough etc.

Everyone of you knew any signing, like Mustafi, would not arrive in time for this game.

Now it happened, but apparently you hadn't mentally prepared for it?
Maybe the frustration is so big because, once again, you actually played much better than expected for a while there? So the dissapointment stems from the good you delivered, not the bad you expected?
First half you were clearly the better team.
Then you got destroyed for 20 minutes, but let's say you did better than Barca.

Klopp will win a lot of big games this season, it's what he does best, and it's not what Wenger does best.
Nothing about this is surprising.

World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Bayern Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri on Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:57 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:The meltdown of you guys is a bit strange.

Every single one of you repeated like a mantra before the game that you would lose this, the problem in defense, the absences, your style vs Klopp's style, not enough players fit enough etc.

Everyone of you knew any signing, like Mustafi, would not arrive in time for this game.

Now it happened, but apparently you hadn't mentally prepared for it?
Maybe the frustration is so big because, once again, you actually played much better than expected for a while there? So the dissapointment stems from the good you delivered, not the bad you expected?
First half you were clearly the better team.
Then you got destroyed for 20 minutes, but let's say you did better than Barca.

Klopp will win a lot of big games this season, it's what he does best, and it's not what Wenger does best.
Nothing about this is surprising.

Have you been following Wenger's press conferences? Have you noticed how he has backflipped all summer? Be it Theo, be it our spending power, 'new is just new' and all that shit? Do you think that is what loyal fans deserve?

We knew we were going to have a tough game. We all expected to lose. The manner of the loss is what is pissing off. Basics. *bleep* basics. Tactics. What you would expect a sunday league soccer mom to get right. And this old fart has not done that in what, 5 years? It is the same *bleep* shit over and over and over.

How is this guy an elite manager any more? He is a *bleep* dinosaur. That is about it.

Sri
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans on Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:08 pm

Sri wrote:
How is this guy an elite manager any more? He is a *bleep* dinosaur. That is about it.

Still finished ahead of Pochettini, Klopp, Mourinho, van Gaal, Bilic, Koeman and Pellegrini in the league.
All that without signing a single outfield player.

World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri on Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:13 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Sri wrote:

Still finished ahead of Pochettini, Klopp, Mourinho, van Gaal, Bilic, Koeman and Pellegrini in the league.
All that without signing a single outfield player.

See my earlier post about (average) points, instead of repeating your rhetoric on league positions.
Sri
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri on Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:16 pm

Sri
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans on Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:18 pm

sri

you are entitled to complain and vent frustrations

I'm just trying to enlist a few positives so that you don't quit football and stay away from this forum again ffs Sad No

it's not all THAT bad

World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri on Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:23 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:sri

you are entitled to complain and vent frustrations

I'm just trying to enlist a few positives so that you don't quit football and stay away from this forum again ffs Sad No

it's not all THAT bad

Fair enough, but I never really completely quit GL earlier this year - I was still lurking and posting here and there.

Let's not clutch at straws where there are none. Arsenal FC is a sinking ship. It is like that experiment where you have a frog in a pot of water that you gradually heat up to boiling. Before the frog (i.e., us fans) realizes it, it is boiled fleisch. Sad

My positive for this weekend was watching BVB play, even though they lost the game. It felt less gut wrenching that watching Arsenal.
Sri
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by boyzis on Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:46 pm

there was great hunger desire and positivism in the arsenal performance something i haven't seen in quite a time. Yes we did concede but it was avoidable.

1. Alexis should not have started Akpom should have. Wenger had no balls.
2. Substitution was not on time by that i mean Ramsey and Iwobi should have been substituted around the 53rd min mark. Wenger had no balls to call the shots.
3. Team didnot retain possession in the 2nd half despite two defensive center mid in elneny and coqulein. Arsenal did not retain possession for more than 7 passes in a move. When ever they did they created a goal scoring opportunity.
4. First half was poor. Team was all over the place no positional sense. seems like the instruction was to get into the box. Nowadays it leads to counter attacks and INJURIES if players are not 100% fit.
5. Alexis should have taken the penalty? Mad

Meanwhile

Xhaka Cazorla Coquelin/Elneny (seems a real deal) bounce

boyzis
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:05 pm

We actually started well (all things considered, especially this system we play under).

But then we still can't defend as a team, or individuals rofl

World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:24 pm

I can't believe Hans is trying to act like this is some kneejerk reaction from Arsenal fans...... Suspect

This is a damn disgrace. The loss isn't the problem, it is the fact that they expected the loss and that the manager has the same issue for going on 7 years now.

It is quite clear what improvements the team needs yet he seems to be oblivious to it. They bid less for Lacazette than West fcking Ham. He doesn't even give the fans any sort of hope or optimism for the new season (this is about as dead-headed Arsenal I have seen).

Now he may be forced into making panic buys, but this is the same guy who said that the transfer window should close as soon as the season starts.......... now he'll most likely buy players after that defeat.

It's just a clusterfck of issues that Arsenal fans are tired of. Time for a change from the Manager to the board and to the players.
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Rev on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:53 pm

My post-match bad mood usually lasts around 8-12 hours but this time around I generally feel disguisted about life because of Arsenal.

The thing is, these kinds of clusterf*ck defeats(performance wise not result wise) could be so easily averted if Wenger had SOMEONE at the club who would question his decisions (transfers,training,tactics, etc) and make him think twice before choosing the same team game after game after game.
Rev
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by boyzis on Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:16 pm

there are not many defender or strikers who can significantly improve us that being said its best to play with what we currently have. the current arsenal squad is also good enough we have international players from every team. If it was not for injuries we would have selection headache in every position we would have competition.

the real problem is not playing the right tactics and wrong team selection. I think even if we sign messi he will do little to help us if wenger cannot teach the team how to defend. we will score 5 and concede 6 as simple as that.

Even spending doesn't guarantee anything last season was the best example. Its all about resilience team work and unity.

boyzis
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner on Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:43 pm

This man never learns, I love Arsenal but the result wont bother me as long as this delusional man is in charge.

World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots on Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:49 pm

boyzis wrote:there are not many defender or strikers who can significantly improve us that being said its best to play with what we currently have. the current arsenal squad is also good enough we have international players from every team. If it was not for injuries we would have selection headache in every position we would have competition.

the real problem is not playing the right tactics and wrong team selection. I think even if we sign messi he will do little to help us if wenger cannot teach the team how to defend. we will score 5 and concede 6 as simple as that.

Even spending doesn't guarantee anything last season was the best example. Its all about resilience team work and unity.

Agreed but Wenger is not going to suddenly improve his tactical game after all these years. The only way we can improve THIS season, while Wenger is still here is by signing good players who can (at times) hide the tactical deficiency of our team.

World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner on Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:12 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:This man never learns, I love Arsenal but the result wont bother me as long as this delusional man is in charge.

Is this just a coincidental snap, or is Ramsey looking at Arsene with ill-intetions Laughing

Wouldn't be all that beautiful, especially for the reputation of Wenger, but I certainly wouldn't mind a fallout with the players if it means Wenger sees the door.

World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri on Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:31 pm

I thought the exact same thing ffs

He looks murderous
Sri
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor