Great Leader Sprucenuce
RealGunner
urbaNRoots
Sina
Jay29
43 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:04 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:I cant believe you guys falling for his bait...Hans is clearly trolling us. Laughing

This is what he does best. Very Happy

Sushi women never like nice guys, just rich. Wink

I'm not trolling ffs.
Every year the same shit.

I guess it's annual "get out of our section if you're not willing to participate in our doom and gloom" season.
Getting called a troll when I'm having the opinion that not all is terrible Laughing

Only at Arsenal.

Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Sri Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:14 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Raptorgunner wrote:I cant believe you guys falling for his bait...Hans is clearly trolling us. Laughing

I'm not trolling ffs.
Every year the same shit.

I guess it's annual "get out of our section if you're not willing to participate in our doom and gloom" season.
Getting called a troll when I'm having the opinion that not all is terrible Laughing

Only at Arsenal.

The problem was not you having an opinion. The problem was you waltzing in here and shitting on others' opinions here. If you can't empathize, or at least be sympathetic and polite, then spare yourself the 'getting *bleep* depressed just visiting this section ffs'.

Also, 'Why are you incapable of not only seeing the negatives?' is not an opinion, it is a judgement. But lets not get into technicalities.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:17 pm

Outside GL, some of my closest gooner buddies have stopped watching football altogether in the last few years.

Wake up.

Look around.

The most ardent and rational of posters in this section are pissed off, it is not just the usual fickle bunch.

Instead of telling them that they're being pessimistic, take a moment to reflect on the cause for their sorrow.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:20 pm

Still relevant rofl
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:25 pm

#WelcomeEvans
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:28 pm

Heard it might be Jose Fonte as a Mustafi alternative..

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:29 pm

Sri wrote:Outside GL, some of my closest gooner buddies have stopped watching football altogether in the last few years.

Wake up.

Look around.

The most ardent and rational of posters in this section are pissed off, it is not just the usual fickle bunch.

Instead of telling them that they're being pessimistic, take a moment to reflect on the cause for their sorrow.

I do realize all of that, and you obviously have the right to feel whatever the hell you want about your club.

HOWEVER
I was specifically pointing out your post where you actually take an article from the Mirror (via arseblog), which 100% is just BS or speculation, and you used the stuff claimed in that article to reinforce your misery about your club.
Why do you do that? I acknowledge there's lots of reasons to be angry for you guys, but if anyone's trolling anyone, then it's the media trolling Arsenal fans with these made up "Arsenal haggling over 3 million" reports.

No need to feel bad over the few things that are actually not so bad. For example, a CB pair of Koscielny Mustafi would actually be *bleep* awesome and arguably the best in the league.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:30 pm

has to be mahrez
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:34 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Sri wrote:Outside GL, some of my closest gooner buddies have stopped watching football altogether in the last few years.

Wake up.

Look around.

I do realize all of that, and you obviously have the right to feel whatever the hell you want about your club.

HOWEVER
I was specifically pointing out your post where you actually take an article from the Mirror (via arseblog), which 100% is just BS or speculation, and you used the stuff claimed in that article to reinforce your misery about your club.
Why do you do that? I acknowledge there's lots of reasons to be angry for you guys, but if anyone's trolling anyone, then it's the media trolling Arsenal fans with these made up "Arsenal haggling over 3 million" reports.

No need to feel bad over the few things that are actually not so bad. For example, a CB pair of Koscielny Mustafi would actually be *bleep* awesome and arguably the best in the league.

Yes, and we wouldn't see that if Wenger dithers and tries to pennypinch as he usually does.

There was a reason why I referred to Arseblog and not to the Mirror article. This is what Andrew Mangan goes on to say in the post:

Having lost Per Mertesacker and Gabriel to injury, and seen new boy Rob Holding and Calum Chambers anchor a defence which shipped four goals against Liverpool, it’s hard to understand why Arsene Wenger hasn’t pushed to get the deal done as quickly as possible.

Valencia are looking for around €25m for the 24 year old who was part of Germany’s World Cup winning squad. It’s a very reasonable price in the current market, and with a trip to Champions Leicester on Saturday Arsenal’s defensive need is urgent.

Yesterday there were claims the price-tag was too high, forcing Arsenal to explore other targets while they keep money aside for a striker, but there’s no good reason why this would preclude any further purchases given the club’s bank balance.

Given that it’s now Tuesday, and there’s apparent radio silence between the clubs, it might be a case that Holding and Chambers are again pressed into action at the King Power Stadium on Saturday.

That happens to be an opinion I concur with. It is not about the 3m at all. It is about how inefficient Wenger is with his transfers. And the number of points it costs us in August every single year.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:35 pm

If it's fonte :facepalm:

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:47 pm

Sri, how do you or the clown from arseblog know whether Wenger has pushed to get the deal done as quickly as possible or not?
We do not know. In every player acquisition some sort of negotiation has to be involved. You can't just pay what clubs demand, you don't want to be run by Ed Woodward.

Though, by the sound of it, maybe you do want that?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:57 pm

Experience mate. Of having seen this play out 2 times each year for oh so many years.

That's the difference between the guys who know Wenger-bingo and those who don't.

Granted, we don't know what is actually happening behind the scenes at the club. But we can make educated guesses by filtering out the noise in the media and looking at the most probably causes behind the scenes. Here are the facts:

- AW admits at the end of last season that we need more goal threat and we need a FWD after Welbz injury. We tried to get Vardy. Didn't happen. We put in a bid for Lacazette. Rejected. Nothing after that, except AW saying Theo and Sanchez can deputize - both failures as proven many a time in the past. Theo says he wants to play a RW, AW says the next day that he sees Theo as a ST - after a decade of dilly dallying.

- June third week: Per is known to be injured for 5-6 months. We do nothing, though initial Mustafi rumours already surfaced. One week before the PL kicks off, Gabriel gets injured. We do nothing. AW says we have to focus on performance and 'new is just new'. We ship 4 goals at home, playing 3 defenders below the age of 23. 5 days after the defeat, rumours of us considering alternatives like Evans, Fonte, and Kjaer - reeks of desperation. So much for 'top, top, top quality'.

And you really want to defend the coherence here?

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:59 pm

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to claim Wenger's transfer policy doesn't seem to have severe flaws.
No need to go overboard though.

For example this constant "We do nothing". That's BS.

OF COURSE you do stuff behind the scenes. You just don't read about it, because unlike Woodward wenger does not brief the press corps about real and imagined targets daily.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:05 pm

You can do whatever you want, watch 100 hours of youtube videos a week and spend 5 hours facetiming your scouts a day. If you can't sign the player to be available when your team needs him, you should not be in charge of transfers.

That's the bottomline.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:19 pm

Sri wrote:You can do whatever you want, watch 100 hours of youtube videos a week and spend 5 hours facetiming your scouts a day. If you can't sign the player to be available when your team needs him, you should not be in charge of transfers.

That's the bottomline.

You really couldn’t make it up if you tried. rofl
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:35 pm

There have been Jose Fonte links this morning, though I think they came from the Mirror. There's also the Jonny Evans stuff that's gone quiet since the first links, almost as if there was never anything to it or something.

If it's Mahrez then media will be all over it. Interest in him hasn't been recent either.

Just tossing this name out there: Saido Berahino. If only because he's an available striker. Same logic applies to Benteke as I well, I guess.

Could be Fabregas Laughing

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:37 pm

I thought of Benteke, but didn't count it because he wouldn't really improve us imo..

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:50 pm

It's either a Striker or a forward. Fabregas is neither.

Balotelli could be cheap though.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:51 pm

Balotelli Laughing

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:53 pm

Imagine if Wenger brings back RVP? Laughing
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:58 pm

Lets bring back Cesc and Song while we're at it then Laughing

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:39 pm

Like I said, we're going for the meh triple swoop of the summer in Mangala, Bony and Nasri.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:43 pm

Hence why I mentioned you also have to be rich What a Face

Hapless_Hans wrote:

Wake up.

Look around.

HOWEVER
I was specifically pointing out your post where you actually take an article from the Mirror (via arseblog), which 100% is just BS or speculation, and you  used the stuff claimed in that article to reinforce your misery about your club.

I think all the frustration is that we started off the season yet again with numerous unfit players, missing significant transfers etc.

The whole Mustafi saga should have been done weeks ago when it was obvious we were missing a quality CB.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:51 pm

Sri wrote:You can do whatever you want, watch 100 hours of youtube videos a week and spend 5 hours facetiming your scouts a day. If you can't sign the player to be available when your team needs him, you should not be in charge of transfers.

That's the bottomline.

Right on, sir. Proud

Just compare us to the rest of the PL clubs. I mean, the rest of the semi-prestigious clubs. I know West Ham hand out 40m transfer requests like candy, but ManU, ManC, Chelsea and even frakking Spurs get maybe 1 or 2 weeks of rumors before the transfer is all done and wrapped and you get nice pictures of the players in your clubs' shirt.

You know, so they can have a pre-season and actually start the season ready to actually be confident in winning every game you are set against. It's like Arsenal start out every season with a handicap. Oh, we don't have a solid goalkeeper. Oh, our CBs are all injured. Oh, we don't have a backup striker. Oh, our wings ain't good enough. Oh, our players are not yet fit.

It's so bad I can only laugh.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:19 pm

The Xhaka transfer was handled so nicely; it's unfortunate nothing else has appeared to work out on the same level.
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:56 am

Fonte Laughing Evans Laughing Good gawd. Just bring Cygan back out of retirement
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next