halamadrid2
Firenze
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Jay29
Nishankly
57 posters

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

English Premier League '16-'17 Discussion - Part 2 - Page 24 Empty Re: English Premier League '16-'17 Discussion - Part 2

Post by Casciavit Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:15 am

Ryan Gauld rofl

Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

English Premier League '16-'17 Discussion - Part 2 - Page 24 Empty Re: English Premier League '16-'17 Discussion - Part 2

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:19 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Gil wrote:Been scouting Perez for several years. He's the real deal.

Here we go lads, I think we can decipher that he's a scrub imo.

One glance at wikipedia confirms hes a scub and IMO that's more accurate scouting than whatever the f Arsenal's team are doing there
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:30 am

I guess Arsene nevers signs a player without a reason. He definitely sees something in that player. I am sure, you all will proved to be fool during the season !

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:32 am

Isnt he the Spanish Vardy? Seems legit to me if he is a player of similar mold. Probably will suit Arsenal's style more than that lump Girooo ever had. I mean how bad he can be. Even Welbeck managed to turn up decent in the Arsenal setup. He should surely be better than Welbeck. Shouldnt he?!

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:55 am

Helmer wrote:I guess Arsene nevers signs a player without a reason. He definitely sees something in that player. I am sure, you all will proved to be fool during the season !

... we said when Wenger signed Park Sanogo Chamakh Bendtner Perez.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:59 am

Glory wrote:Isnt he the Spanish Vardy? Seems legit to me if he is a player of similar mold. Probably will suit Arsenal's style more than that lump Girooo ever had. I mean how bad he can be. Even Welbeck managed to turn up decent in the Arsenal setup. He should surely be better than Welbeck. Shouldnt he?!
im better than Welbeck.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:02 pm

Unique wrote:
Glory wrote:Isnt he the Spanish Vardy? Seems legit to me if he is a player of similar mold. Probably will suit Arsenal's style more than that lump Girooo ever had. I mean how bad he can be. Even Welbeck managed to turn up decent in the Arsenal setup. He should surely be better than Welbeck. Shouldnt he?!
im better than Welbeck.

No.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:03 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:

One glance at wikipedia confirms hes a scub and IMO that's more accurate scouting than whatever the f Arsenal's team are doing there

Thank you for that deep insight. I thought Gil's post would be the last word on this matter. Maybe not the case.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:08 pm

Sri wrote:
Unique wrote:
im better than Welbeck.

No.

I believe him.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:09 pm

Glory wrote:Isnt he the Spanish Vardy? Seems legit to me if he is a player of similar mold.

Signing Vardy already was a stupid idea, it's even more stupid to then go "we can't get Vardy? Let's get the Spanish Vardy then".

Especially after hapring on forever how it's not enough just to buy players, but players that improve the team.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:13 pm

Not a bad comparison with the Spanish Vardy. Perez scores most of his goals at the counter with tons of space in front of him. And usually after a clearance or a defensive blunder. But he is not as fast as Vardy and he won't have that space at Arsenal. I can't see him succeeding.

Just think that Arsenal could have gotten Higuain or Suarez for much less thatn what they finally went if Wenger wasn't a cheapskate. Perhaps they even would have a PL title with one of them.... well probably not though. Laughing

Last edited by free_cat on Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:27 pm

not sure why arsenal would want a vardy type player. most teams park the bus v arsenal so no space for him to run into.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:35 pm

Unique wrote:not sure why arsenal would want a vardy type player. most teams park the bus v arsenal so no space for him to run into.

Because we don't want to play like that every single time and we don't. Welbeck, Perez, Sanchez even Ozil all play better in a counter attacking enviroment.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:51 pm

free_cat wrote:Not a bad comparison with the Spanish Vardy. Perez scores most of his goals at the counter with tons of space in front of him. And usually after a clearance or a defensive blunder. But he is not as fast as Vardy and he won't have that space at Arsenal. I can't see him succeeding.

Just think that Arsenal could have gotten Higuain or Suarez for much less thatn what they finally went if Wenger wasn't a cheapskate. Perhaps they even would have a PL title with one of them.... well probably not though. Laughing

Suarez? How? Where?
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:16 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:
Unique wrote:not sure why arsenal would want a vardy type player. most teams park the bus v arsenal so no space for him to run into.

Because we don't want to play like that every single time and we don't. Welbeck, Perez, Sanchez even Ozil all play better in a counter attacking enviroment.

How dare you speak sense in GS

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:17 pm

El Gunner wrote:
free_cat wrote:Not a bad comparison with the Spanish Vardy. Perez scores most of his goals at the counter with tons of space in front of him. And usually after a clearance or a defensive blunder. But he is not as fast as Vardy and he won't have that space at Arsenal. I can't see him succeeding.

Suarez? How? Where?

Bidding 40m+1, triggering a release clause which was met with a 'what are you smoking' jibe, indicates that Wenger is Scrooge of course.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:18 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Glory wrote:Isnt he the Spanish Vardy? Seems legit to me if he is a player of similar mold.

Signing Vardy already was a stupid idea, it's even more stupid to then go "we can't get Vardy? Let's get the Spanish Vardy then".

Especially after hapring on forever how it's not enough just to buy players, but players that improve the team.

Exactly. We have so many players who have that same skillset and are so much better than Perez. Like Yaya Sanogo.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:59 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:

We all know that, the question does Wenger lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:00 pm

Top player mate. Plays with a style very reminiscent of Jamie Vardy. Solid technically & has an eye for a pass.

Gives Arsenal a pacy option they haven't had for years.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:06 pm

Is it just me that has been underwhelmed by EPL's supposed spending power ?

The way people were hyping up all that money they get from the TV deal, you would've thought some 4-5 clubs would be having blockbuster windows.

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:13 pm

I don't have a citation for the claim, but I've heard 50% of English clubs have broken their transfer record this transfer window. Meanwhile United and City are having blockbuster windows, Liverpool and Chelsea arguably also. Spurs have a stadium to finance otherwise they probably would too. Middleborough had a blockbuster window for a club of their standing.

Agreed. Underwhelmed. I think every club should be breaking their transfer record or I'm not convinced they even have money.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:21 pm

Well spending money is one thing. Spending it on absolute quality is another. You would've thought this would be an earth shattering window considering EPL clubs' fetish for star players, you would imagine more stars would've been signed than just Pogba and Zlatan. I feel a bit underwhelmed in that regard.

No need to act like such a douche about it though. It's just an opinion.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:31 pm

what star players are out there and obtainable? I can't think of many

which is why you see teams spending 30+m on younger less established players

can't think of a window that's more aptly shown just how much money is in the league than this
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:36 pm

Juventus and Chelsea in advanced talks for Cuadrado (GDM)
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:07 pm

The monopoly of the World's best players outside the PL are mostly at Madrid/Barca/Bayern/Juventus which are all for the most part unbuyable.

The alternatives are overpriced 2nd/3rd tier players which smaller clubs try to make a ransom off of because they know English clubs are wealthy. It's why one season wonder's like Koulibaly get a £60m fee slapped on their heads.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:38 pm

Manchester City striker Sergio Aguero has been charged with violent conduct. 3 match ban including manchester Derby
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next