lucianomoggi
juve_gigi
Andrew
urbaNRoots
S
19 posters

Page 15 of 17 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Go down

Juventus Champions League campaign 2016-17 - Page 15 Empty Re: Juventus Champions League campaign 2016-17

Post by Warrior Thu May 18, 2017 8:27 pm

The juventus section is a very dead forum nowadays, i think it has something to do with the new crest being our avatar What a Face

If we win the treble maybe the owners will reconsider the crest change ?? The current logo will become legendary if it happens, with a CL title attached to it there is no need for a rebranding.
A large part of the real fan base is already against JJ.

Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Juventus Champions League campaign 2016-17 - Page 15 Empty Re: Juventus Champions League campaign 2016-17

Post by Luca Thu May 18, 2017 8:43 pm

The new logo is more than half of the reason we're having such a great season.

There's zero chance they rescind the decision to change it, embrace it brother.

JJ is about to be as recognizable as the Golden Arches for McDonald's

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Thu May 18, 2017 9:13 pm

Luca wrote:The new logo is more than half of the reason we're having such a great season.

only true if our new logo was this imo :coffee:
Spoiler:
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Fri May 19, 2017 2:33 am

He's the other half of the reason :coffee:

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:21 pm

#ItsTime
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Malaga CF

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:49 pm

In 4 hours now...

To say this is the most anticipated football match of my life is an understatement. Absolute pinnacle of a magnificent season.

I thought about it a loooooot and i sincerely think we will win.
Only reason why people rate Real is because they think we have a pussy mentality and we will crumble under pressure. But it's only bullshit, i don't believe that. In terms of personnel we have the best keeper/defense in the world and the rest of the squad is also world class. Everybody will be 100% focused and we will survive the storm.

Juventus is strong, Juventus is confident, Juventus is proud
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:53 pm

Juve, Storia Di Un Grande Amore...

Keep singing our theme song all day long, it's going to be a day of celebration. A game for the ages, and an historic treble waiting for us at the end of the day...

juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by juvealbanian Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:29 pm

We MUST win and we WILL win ! Forza Juve !!!
juvealbanian
juvealbanian
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:42 pm

Warrior wrote:The juventus section is a very dead forum nowadays, i think it has something to do with the new crest being our avatar What a Face

If we win the treble maybe the owners will reconsider the crest change ?? The current logo will become legendary if it happens, with a CL title attached to it there is no need for a rebranding.
A large part of the real fan base is already against JJ.

I have been soo busy these days haha! Easter break then exams now... Sad I have an exam on Monday then Wednesday then Summer starts... So unlucky that The final is today :p
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:43 pm

C'mon do it for Gigi...!!!!!! I'm with winning this the CL this year then loosing the finals in the next 2 years hahahaha Smile like 96-97-98
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:10 pm

Sad What happened in the second half?
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by juvealbanian Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:36 pm

Apart from that spectacular goal from Mandzukic everything is to forget about this match.

Ok, Real got a bit lucky with those deflected shots but we were terribly poor attacking.Higuain by far was the worst player on the pitch and we were unable to create offensive actions.
I'm not pointing anyone as the fault for the loss because no one was a top performer for us either.
We got dominated in our 2 man midfield.

Unfortunately we faced a team that is built for finals , when we were down , I was thinking about who we got to sub on and make an impact, only Cuadrado.
Look at Real bench , James,Bale,Morata,Asensio

Playing defensive does wins Scudetti but you can't win UCL finals defending with oldies.

We wont have any problems dominating Serie A with our current mentality but when it comes to UCL we need to be more confident and not be affraid to show our firepower.But we first need to have a proper one , all our attacking players looked like burned out after 60'. We need more talent and technique on the bench to rotate just like Real does and we need to dominate opponents offensively.

- More quality on bench to rotate all season long.
- Adapt to a offensive mentality in Europe
- Get rid of that lost finals pressure.

Forza!
juvealbanian
juvealbanian
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:57 pm

juvealbanian wrote:Apart from that spectacular goal from Mandzukic everything is to forget about this match.

Ok, Real got a bit lucky with those deflected shots but we were terribly poor attacking.Higuain by far was the worst player on the pitch and we were unable to create offensive actions.
I'm not pointing anyone as the fault for the loss because no one was a top performer for us either.
We got dominated in our 2 man midfield.

Unfortunately we faced a team that is built for finals , when we were down , I was thinking about who we got to sub on and make an impact, only Cuadrado.
Look at Real bench , James,Bale,Morata,Asensio

Playing defensive does wins Scudetti but you can't win UCL finals defending with oldies.

We wont have any problems dominating Serie A with our current mentality but when it comes to UCL we need to be more confident and not be affraid to show our firepower.But we first need to have a proper one , all our attacking players looked like burned out after 60'. We need more talent and technique on the bench to rotate just like Real does and we need to dominate opponents offensively.

- More quality on bench to rotate all season long.
- Adapt to a offensive mentality in Europe
- Get rid of that lost finals pressure.

Forza!

I don't think it has to do with "defending with oldies" bro. These "oldies" are the rock of the team. If they are gone, all at once, we loose almost everything that we once started building. You have to accept the defeat today, especially in the second half, because Juve did really nothing. I have never seen Juve in the Champions League like I did today in the second half. What happened? What did Real Madrid do to disable Juve like this. It is not like we just sat back and defended in the second half. Real Madrid knew what they were doing and they did it well by stopping us. The better team won overall.
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:03 am

made line gaps smaller, moved back 4 slightly up...  and dared Juve to show pace and take advantage of that extra space behind the back 4.

Juve lost control of the ball and never adjusted back. Once Kroos got in the groove with quicker and more passing options, the dynamic in the middle changed.

Only reason Real Madrid didn't start this way i believe is that Zizou wanted the back 4 to get a feel for the movement and the pace of the attackers on Juve.  Once he gauged that he could move the line up, he made the change.

Lack of pace killed Juventus in the end.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by juvealbanian Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:03 am

Salmano don't get me wrong bro.

But you can't play a FINAL with all the play and pressure waving all over our defense as it will crack sooner or later and you have opponents packed with talent upfront.

Look at Real and Barca , they got mediocre defenses especially their CB and they still win ChL trophies for fun.

You know why? Did we ever put Ramos and Varane in trouble? Never. They didn't have to defend at all as we never put a decent final pass there and it looked like our midfield was miles away from our attack.

We were forced to play deep with our 2 man midfield as Madrid had 4 midfielders not to mention all of them being top quality and we having Khedira who doesn't have a chance to create nr. superiority due to his lack of technique.

Our left wing was fairly good and at least Sandro and Mandzukic tried to do something but Barzagli didn't help Dani as expected from e centre back. Barzagli's influence in game was not what Allegri expected as Ronaldo was all the time preying into our box and let Marcelo trouble Barzagli.

You can't win finals defending all the time , that's why on a 2 match run we would have a chance to beat Real but in finals you need firepower and you need to keep the pressure away from your defense.

And finaly , I was surprised we had run more km than Real , it was so ineffectice that in game it looked like Real was running twice. Our attacking duo were dead 50' in game because we have overplayed them.Real had Asensio,Bale and others fresh to make an impact and they did just that.

We had no one worthy for a final in bench apart Cuadrado who should have started to balance our right wing imo. Enough with the ultra defensive game , Real did a 1 shot 1 goal to us in first half. How do you respond to that? Defending? No! You get quality players and go all in as it's the last match ffs.

I got nothing against our defense, they are brilliant but our mid and attack were inexistent.

Now that we finally seem to got rid of 352 we need to adapt our team to 4231 by bringing proper wingers and a top CM as well. Maybe shifting Dybala back to the wing with Cuadrado as his sub and bringing a quality player that is more comfortable playing as AMC , Dybala shows limits.

Idk but Sanchez, Coutinho, Saul, Verratti idk who we should get but to win big you must spend big.
juvealbanian
juvealbanian
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:24 pm

The middle was the problem for me.

Pjanic and Khedira in a double pivot against Kroos, Modric, Casemiro and Isco that can easily drop into the channels.

So once you by pass our midfield, which is slow and lacks on the defensive side, you're right onto the defense right away.

We deserved this L my friends, but take nothing away from a great season.

I'm as disappointed as all of you, especially in some of the players like Dybala, who looked second division worthy, and Pjanic who had a great first half for me but lost his composure.

The overall spirit in the second half was not that of Juventus. We paid a price for not investing into another midfielder this summer and not getting some depth up top (although who could predict a Pjaca injury like that). We ran out of gas and had no options to call upon.

Real was and is the vastly superior side over 90 minutes.

The real question for us is now, what's next?
Can Allegri lead this group after he visibly lost them in this match of all matches?
Is this the end of the cycle or the beginning of another?
What are the objectives for the summer window?

For me,
I love Allegri.
Throw a blank cheque to PSG for Verratti.
Sign one of Berardi/Bernardeschi because we need some goddamn pace and another player to set things up alongside Dybala.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:04 pm

Juventus were unrecognizable in the second half.  The 3 man backline just doesn't work, even in a 3-4-1-2.  Not sure why Allegri went with that foramtion.  When we destroyed Barca 3-0 at home we payed a 4-2-3-1 and had plenty of chances up front.  In the second half and even parts of the first half yesterday we had nothing.

Our problem was the midfield.  They gave zero service to the forwards.  People are blaming Higuain but he literally had zero service all game.  He was trying to create on his own but he is not that type of player.  He had 2 shots on net in the first half and then nothing.  

Dybala is not an attacking midfielder.  He cannot play in the hole.  I noticed a huge difference between him and Isco in terms of link up play and setting up the forwards.  Isco did his job wonderfully while Dybala flopped in the middle.  I am not even sure there is a position for Dybla unless we switch to a 4-3-1-2.  He is not a winger and he is not an AM.  So we either switch to a 4-3-1-2 and get a proper AM (James) or we sell Dybala to the highest bidder and get more midfielders (Verratti, Tolisso, Fabinho).

The 3 man backline is officially dead.  Barzagli may even retire.  We have 4 CB's without him so we should invest in a couple fullbacks (De Sceglio, Conti) to replace Licht and Asamoah to provide enough cover for Alves who will be 34 and Sandro.  Getting Wojciech Szczęsny should help Gigi next year as he looked tired.  We need Gigi to play alot less next year and with a good 1-2 punch he will be well rested for the CL and for the World Cup.  And then Szczesny can be our starter in 2018.

As for up front we need at least one significant player (Berardi, Bernardeschi, even Keita will do). Again it is all dependent on what formation we will play.  Either it is a 4-2-3-1 or a 4-3-1-2.  If the latter then we don't need a bunch of wingers but we need a proper AM.  If it is a 4-2-3-1 then I would seriously look at selling Dybala to fund the purchase of a proper AM and 2 wingers.

I would prefer we just go with a 4-3-1-2 and play Dybala up front with Higuain and get a proper AM. James would be my first choice.  Then get another seconda punta to play behind Dybala.  Keita is probably a better second striker than either Berardi/Bernadeschi and would be cheaper so he may be the guy to get.

As for midfield I like Fabinho and Tolisso, but Paredes will suffice as well.  We do need a revolution of some type here.  I see 7-8 new players for next year.  If we want to play a 4-3-1-2 or 4-2-3-1 permanently then we need several squad changes.  Licht, Asamoah, Neto, Khedira, Rincon, Sturaro, Lemina all have to go.
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by juvealbanian Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:58 pm

No way we should sell our gem Dybala.
But we should definetly consider shifting him to another position. He is one footed and cleary lacks some qualities to be top attacking midfielder.He does pretty good there but by drawing him deep in midfield and far from the goal he losses one of his best qualities which is his terrific left foot which put Barcelona to the sword.He's not very pacey on long runs so he tends to lose the ball often when approaching opponents box.Also he needs to work with his first-touch.

I think him with Higuain upfront (Dybala on the right) can be great and he should stay close to the box, somehow he needs to be put in a similar position as Messi and Robben maybe a bit more advanced so he can cut inside from the right and make full use of his best qualities which are accurate left foot and good explosive bursts of speed in short distances imo.

If we go with a double striker force we won't need a winger , in case if we stay with 4231 with Dybala as AMC (which is not the best idea as we saw it) and we go for wingers then it's Sanchez & Di Maria the only ones who could improve us.

I'd go with a 4312 next season, we need to bury that 3 man defense and only use it to lock the game if we are winning.For that we'll need a top AMC and CM.
Let's say that AMC will cost us around 60 mln € and then we go all in for Verratti 80 mln € and finaly get some energetic and add a bit of muscle to our midfield that we have lacked so much after Vidal and Pogba left and Marchisio has downgraded a bit.
It's quite possible spending 180 mln after making up to 100 mln from CHL revenue and getting rid of some players.
Idk what our management will do but at least we need 2 top WC players to have a chance imo.

I don't think we're ready to spend that much tho.

IN : AMC (James,Coutinho etc.) ~ 60 mln €
Playmaking CM (Verratti) ~ 80 mln €
Box-to-Box/defensive CM (Tolisso,Saul etc.) ~ 40 mln €
Schick (CF/SS) - 25 mln €

Maybe that's a desperate solution i came up with but at least the idea is clear, more speed and tecnique, more attacking football.
juvealbanian
juvealbanian
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:23 pm

I think a 4-3-1-2 is the way to go as well. We just need that AM that can link up play with Dybala and Higuain. James is probably the best option as he will most certainly be sold in the summer.

I like Fabinho as a DM who can replace Khedira. If we switch to a 4-3-1-2 then Verratti will be ideal in the middle as a regista with Fabinho and Pjanic beside him. Not sure Tolisso would be the proper DM to play with Verratti and Pjanic as he is more a Vidal type who can play higher up the pitch.

We also need the fullbacks and Szczęsny so our total budget could approach $200 million. With CL money and the sale of Coman, Zaza, Lemina, Asamoah, Licht, Neto, Rincon and Sturaro we could have enough money to do it all.

In:

James
Keita
Verratti
Fabinho
Bentancur
De Sciglio
Conti
Szczęsny
Schick (loan for a year)

$250M

Out:

Lemina
Sturaro
Rincon
Lichtsteiner
Asamoah
Neto
Barzagli

$50M

(The sale of Coman and Zaza are offset buy the purchase of Cuadrado and Benatia)

Our net cost is $200M and we've pretty much fixed all of our problems and we can play a 4-3-1-2 with top players at all positions. I'm not sure if this is realistic as it calls for another revolution and the changing of 7-8 players and I am not sure if Agnelli will spend all the CL money on new players, but I feel it will be needed if we want to stay on top for several more years.
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:21 pm

if you think PSG will sell Verratti for 80 mil Laughing

think more like 140 mil, enough to break the transfer record. besides they are not even planning to sell and will give you hell if you try to approach him
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by juvealbanian Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:08 pm

Yeah they will sell for 140 lol. Who's gonna pay that money?

Verratti wont stay with PSG for life and if he doesn't go to Barca this summer we could easily afford him with 80 mln or even a bit less imo. He could force his way out of PSG and he wants to return to Italy plus he's a Juve fan. Now that our wages have bordered 8mln per year I don't think it's impossible if he wants to join.
juvealbanian
juvealbanian
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:07 am

who is gonna pay? Man City, Man United, Chelsea, Real Madrid, Barcelona lol, all clubs that can pay over 12 mil net per year for an elite midfielder. it's not impossible, but this summer it's not happening, and when it does happen, you will get priced out because there are bigger clubs in europe like Madrid or Barca that can offer more in every sense possible than you.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:16 am

for god's sake

still talking about this ?

PSG won't do business with us. I know Juverratti is the absolute dream for some of you guys, unfortunately it's not gonna happen until the day cheikh Nasser is not in charge anymore. Lots of trouble for a 18 year old flop who wore our jersey less than 20 times Laughing

Tolisso or Fabinho are the other options in Ligue 1.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:23 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:there are bigger clubs in europe like Madrid or Barca that can offer more in every sense possible than you.

Nonsense, Verratti is a juventino.

The money is not the problem at all, nor is the sporting challenge. You seem to mistake Juve for a provincial club but hey i guess you must be trolling.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:34 am

juventino Laughing remind me again why he went to psg
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:11 am

idk m8, who were our midfielders back then ?

should we buy every Serie B starlet whose favourite club is Juve ?
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 17 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next