Possibility of a European Super League by 2021

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: Possibility of a European Super League by 2021

Post by M99 on Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:08 pm

@RealGunner wrote:
@Cruijf wrote:Have no idea how we managed to sneak ourselves into that top 11 list rofl

Prestige i think

That plus TV money. Most watched teams from the top 5 leagues.

M99
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans on Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:01 pm

After the Football Leaks/Spiegel story yesterday that Bayern looked into leaving BuLi and CL for an European Super league, here today was the reaction of Bayern supporters at the home game vs Freiburg

Banner says "We adhere to the Bundesliga, Superleague without us"

Banners say "Never again 'German Champion FCB'? Never again  'honest titles'.."
['the most honest title' is what Hoeneß and Rummenigge like to call the league champonship]

Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : FC Bayern

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 on Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:05 pm

Not gonna lie, I would ditch Arsenal in a heartbeat if they broke away into a Super League.

Any trace of sporting integrity, competition and tradition would be gone as teams just play out for who can get the biggest pot of cash. No thanks.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill on Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:16 pm

Am I missing something?

I read this proposal as an alternative to CL, not that the clubs would be abandoning their own country leagues.

The proposal some years ago was a super league which was these super clubs leaving their country leagues, but this time it is a new tournament proposed in place of CL. perhaps the name is what is misleading!
futbol_bill
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre on Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:21 pm

Everyone agrees Inter should be fix and not Initial guest in Superleague?

Pls, History, derby of Milano, San Siro always sold out by Inter fans etc. Who cares of City

Good banners by Bayern fans, thanks Hans for sharing this
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner on Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:23 pm

@Robespierre wrote:Everyone agrees Inter should be fix and not Initial guest in Superleague?

Pls, History, derby of Milano, San Siro always sold out by Inter fans etc. Who cares of City

inter over City anyday
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill on Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:24 pm

@Robespierre wrote:Everyone agrees Inter should be fix and not Initial guest in Superleague?

Whose everyone?
futbol_bill
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca on Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:48 pm

@sportsczy wrote:Will never fly.

/thread

This will never happen.

NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans on Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:57 pm

Never say never IMO

Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : FC Bayern

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong on Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:07 am

Sounds like franchising tbh which by itself is not terrible. It's all about the money, all these teams have enough prestige to pull in the international viewing numbers and it seems like they're pulling enough numbers to ditch the domestic market. It's not like the rich EPL teams care about it and when the EPL deal expires that's a lot of TV money that has to go somewhere.

Don't forget that every single entertainment industry has realized that China is a market equal in size to EU and NA combined. What domestic fans want is becoming increasingly less important (or even relevant from a business perspective)

Henry wrote:"“Stepovers, tricks, that’s not the game. The game is what Thomas Muller is doing. If I had a son right now, playing, I would say to him ‘look at them, look at [Franck] Ribery, look at Muller.’ What Ronaldo does, and Messi, they’re just freaks. Don’t try to copy those guys. You can copy from Ribery, you can copy from Thomas Muller. What he did at the World Cup, people don’t talk about it. They don’t talk about it, but they should talk about it. He plays the game the right way: he defends, he attacks, he controls the ball when he has to control it, he reverses when he has to reverse it. When he has to finish, he’ll finish. He doesn’t do stepovers, but when he has to perform, he performs. He does what the game asks him to do.”"

Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis on Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:13 am

@Jay29 wrote:Not gonna lie, I would ditch Arsenal in a heartbeat if they broke away into a Super League.

Any trace of sporting integrity, competition and tradition would be gone as teams just play out for who can get the biggest pot of cash. No thanks.

I think this is where I'd probably end up with Roma as well. I didn't become a Romanista to see this club sell its soul for a seat at the big boys table. Some people believe they've done that already, but I don't. Joining something like this would absolutely seal it though.

Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by breva on Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:47 am

Not sure it is a good idea. Giving smaller clubs inside and outside the top 4 leagues is necessary.
breva
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong on Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:48 am

How is it necessary for the purposes of creating a super league and having unrivaled advertising power?

Henry wrote:"“Stepovers, tricks, that’s not the game. The game is what Thomas Muller is doing. If I had a son right now, playing, I would say to him ‘look at them, look at [Franck] Ribery, look at Muller.’ What Ronaldo does, and Messi, they’re just freaks. Don’t try to copy those guys. You can copy from Ribery, you can copy from Thomas Muller. What he did at the World Cup, people don’t talk about it. They don’t talk about it, but they should talk about it. He plays the game the right way: he defends, he attacks, he controls the ball when he has to control it, he reverses when he has to reverse it. When he has to finish, he’ll finish. He doesn’t do stepovers, but when he has to perform, he performs. He does what the game asks him to do.”"

Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2