PSG Vs Arsenal

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: PSG Vs Arsenal

Post by Sri on Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:30 pm

Who would have thought that playing the best players in their best positions would have an impact? Geez!

Sri
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri on Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:37 pm

rofl rofl rofl rofl

Both down to 10
Sri
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron on Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:38 pm

Giroud is dumb

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master on Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:40 pm

Wenger is either extremely stubborn or just batshit crazy.

Judging from the starting XI, Xhaka has to start next PL match, FFS.
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Bayern Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri on Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:42 pm

Ref didn't have to do that tbh - was a nothing.

Anyway.

Stole a point, thanks to Cavani and Ospina.

Santi :bow:

Özil needs to take a long hard look at the mirror.

Coquelin and Oxlade need to be benched. About *bleep* time.

Elneny making another poverty sub appearence.
Sri
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner on Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:44 pm

LADSSS
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats on Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:46 pm

Cavani :facepalm: should have buried Arsenal alive but unfortunately he's a moron...

Myesyats
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner on Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:47 pm

@sri Elneny was good when he came on hmm

World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 on Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:47 pm

What a mess we are Laughing

Second lucky game in a week. Cavani bottled so many chances and PSG should have been out of sight.

The structure of this team is woeful. Cazorla plays deep because he hasn't got the legs to go box-to-box anymore, but Coquelin plays higher up because he's not good enough in the build-up. But on the flip side to this we're leaving a player who's not good at defending back and a guy with no technique higher up the pitch, and because they're so far apart the protection in midfield suffers. And we don't press to make up for that either.

Wenger honestly can't look at that and think it's okay. No matter what formation you're playing, you can't have midfielders spaced so far apart. Southampton walked their way through our midfield, so of course PSG would too. If we're going to have a midfield push up so high, then don't play with a 10. Otherwise there's no balance and it damages both the attack and the defence.

That second half we had more of the ball but PSG had so many counters. We weren't exactly making chances either. That we somehow got away with a point is amazing.

Elneny and Xhaka are just superior midfielders. Elneny can defend and is much tidier with the ball that Coquelin. Xhaka is as good a passer as Cazorla but can also get around the pitch. Put the two together and you have a functioning midfield.
Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots on Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:50 pm

One of the most undeserving points we achieved in my time as an Arsenal fan.

Wenger doesn't deserve a point after that showing but he'll probably think it was a great tactical move to have Alexis play up front. Saved twice in a week by his players, he should consider himself lucky.

World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner on Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:50 pm

Only Ramsey can save us tbh. He is one player Arsene rates above Coquelin. So Ramsey will have to start

inb4 Coquelin-Cazorla-Ramsey with Ozil RW

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri on Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:55 pm

El Gunner wrote:@sri Elneny was good when he came on hmm

This is what I meant:

Jay29 wrote:
Elneny and Xhaka are just superior midfielders. Elneny can defend and is much tidier with the ball that Coquelin. Xhaka is as good a passer as Cazorla but can also get around the pitch. Put the two together and you have a functioning midfield.
Sri
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri on Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:56 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:One of the most undeserving points we achieved in my time as an Arsenal fan.

Wenger doesn't deserve a point after that showing but he'll probably think it was a great tactical move to have Alexis play up front. Saved twice in a week by his players, he should consider himself lucky.
Can't put it any other way
Sri
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner on Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:59 pm

Ospina was class
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 on Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:00 pm

It's a shame that we have finally have a pretty good squad of players but it's going to be wasted because Wenger apparently wants to prove a point.

His decisions this week have been totally counterintuitive. We want to improve our passing out from the back, so we instruct our midfielders to move away from the ball. We tell Coquelin to run up the pitch when he has no understanding of where to be be, or how to link-up play properly. Do you remember when he actually won his place in the side, because he kept his game simple and stopped trying to be a B2B midfielder? Now Wenger wants to use him as a B2B midfielder. wtf.

We neither press nor do we have keep a deep, compact shape. This is stuff I expect from a manager of a mid-table team.

Nevermind this nonsence of leaving two centre forwards on the bench to play Alexis up front, or giving Chamberlain more chances than he deserves.
Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron on Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:16 pm

The Coquelin thing seems bizarre, he is a good ball winner but in this role as soon as he wins it. He looks lost with the ball at his feet, it was cringe worthy watching him trying to link up with Ozil and Sanchez outside PSG box. In my opinion this role would be perfect for El nenny he might not win as much 50-50 as Coquelin but he presses well, decent passer and he carries a goal threat. Arsene should have given him a chance in this game but he has his two favourites with Ox and Coquelin at the moment. Ox has who was hot garbage again, no impact whatsoever even Iwobi did more  Laughing

The fake number 9 formation doesn't work very well with the players we have in my opinion. We need to stop using this.Everyone wants the ball into their feet. No one is prepared to make any runs into the box so we have no presence, no goal threat. It would work well if Ramsey or Theo are playing or if teams were prepared to come out a bit more but against us but they rarely do so we have to resort to playing little passes in front of their back four or cross the ball to none. It will be interesting to see what he does when Ramsey and Giroud are fit because going forward we are toothless with this formation

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 on Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:20 pm

Passing to Ox litereally yielded nothing Laughing
Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron on Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:36 pm

There was one passage of play where he lost the ball and then worked hard to win it back only to loose it again without any fight . Sums him up at the moment. He is being given plenty of chances but he is not taking them. I just feel like Arsene should just put him on the bench for his own good and use him as an impact sub but Arsene has a history of persevering with off form players so be prepared to see a bit more of Ox and his hopeless showings.

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum on Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:11 am

I wasn't able to watch the match live, so I've only caught up with the highlights & lowlights. I understand it was not a night to remember and we got lucky. That said

1. Cavani. Wow. I saw the compilation of all his missed chances. The one where he chested the ball and then flopped over looked like a fixed match giveaway in some shady lower league. I have long been a big admirer of Cavani's and felt it was too bad that a great talent like had his prime chafed by superior talents overshadowing him in both Suarez & Ibra. I've always loved the guy's workrate and rooted for him as a neutral. But those misses were awful.

2. A point taken from, on paper, the most difficult match in the group. Not bad. If the squad can get whipped into better shape, then 2-3 months from now no one will even care it was a lucky 1-1.
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans on Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:18 am

Huge point. You might make it to the knockouts.

World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Bayern Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism on Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:34 am

Either Xhaka completely shat his bed in training or Wengers again show his favorism for the old guards, Le Coq & Santi. Le Coq & Santi simply got run over time and time again. Monreal form dropping is very worrying, he got crushed down that flank. The positive is obviously the lucky point ( thank you big time Cavani) & Iwobi performance, loving his development, he's showing improvement more than Ox ever could in regular season.
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina on Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:01 am

affraid http://i45.servimg.com/u/f45/16/55/86/86/xowen10.gif

"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending."
Spoiler:
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ on Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:22 pm

We have much better B2Bs than Coquelin. Coquelin is good at exactly one role. Why are we forcing a square peg into a round hole? Laughing

It's not like he was awful when he was pushed further forward, he recovered the ball high up and launched some important attacks but the damage is so much worse than anything he offers. He takes up Özil's spaces, essentially taking our best player out of the game, leaves the back four exposed and sometimes awkwardly contributes to build-up play although he's good enough with the ball at his feet that he doesn't lose it immediately when put under pressure.

But surely this is a role we don't need to force him into with Xhaka and Elneny both fit.

MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ on Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:32 pm

Oh, and another match where our left flank was badly exposed. Nacho was run ragged and Iwobi offered nothing defensively to cover for him.

MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri on Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:10 pm

MJ, if possible please consider changing your picture Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad
Sri
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ on Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:21 pm

Sri wrote:MJ, if possible please consider changing your picture Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

My pics went from Frimpong to Arshavin to Arteta. I'm afraid my dp is GL's version of the #9 shirt and I'm ruining careers Sad

MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top