Winter is Coming
titosantill
Doc
VanDeezNuts
guest7
33 posters

Page 14 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

In my history Zidane's Real Madrid is the worst footballing side I've seen - Page 14 Empty Re: In my history Zidane's Real Madrid is the worst footballing side I've seen

Post by sportsczy Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:27 pm

Every new and young coach gets called out for lacking tactics... a very recent example in France is Leonardo Jardim at Monaco. People were calling for his head a little over a year ago because Monaco was playing so negative (they were unwatchable). His answer to it was that he implemented what was best for his squad.

Now Monaco is probably the most pleasant side in Europe to watch this season. Highest scoring for sure. Why the massive change? Personnel and letting success be his guide. The defense started leaking goals so he shifted to a more attacking game since he couldn't rely on a rock solid defense anymore.

sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

In my history Zidane's Real Madrid is the worst footballing side I've seen - Page 14 Empty Re: In my history Zidane's Real Madrid is the worst footballing side I've seen

Post by Turok_TTZ Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:10 am

There are valid concerns Doc but I will stop here. this thread is awful, the title of the thread is awful, and for what I will explain later on... this thread is ill suited for what I will have to say. I will make a new thread soon. hopefully for those who want to discuss this further pls post in that thread. because in my history of watching football... Juande Ramos, Rafael Benitez, the amazing (insert coaches from 2004-2006) were far worse than this side. and they had more talented players. this has been offtopic long enough.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:12 am

Oh right, you weren't around for that. Ignore the title of the thread, it's actually a really fine place to debate Zidane's tenure so far. Might be a lot to take in but the thread went the right direction.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:49 am

nope. new thread. because for what i will have to say goes beyond zidane. it is with regards to the future. zidane is not guaranteed to be part of that future so no, this thread is not suited for the thread i will make.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:58 am

So you feel entitled to make yourself the mod of this section of forum?

Go ahead and make your own thread, but don't expect everyone to follow your direction.

RG - perhaps you could change title?
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:58 am

futbol_bill wrote:So you feel entitled to make yourself the mod of this section of forum?

Go ahead and make your own thread, but don't expect everyone to follow your direction.

RG - perhaps you could change title?
Please refrain from inventing fiction, I hold no such authority. At least give my thread a read. I just finished.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:38 pm

Now all it takes is a El clasico lose to get the boot.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:42 pm

He is not lacking tactically but rather sucks at man managing coupled with no real experience so he makes some poor decisions at times
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:55 pm

As bad he can be, you cant even wish the club to sack him when you know we lack direction and this club hiring practices are not the most trustworthy.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:33 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:As bad he can be, you cant even wish the club to sack him when you know we lack direction and this club hiring practices are not the most trustworthy.

That has been my point all along. RM do better with a small amount of consistency. Too much of a "grass is always greener" mentality, but no actual plan

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:44 pm

Getting a 1-1 vs. Barca in Camp Nou feels so bad right now
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:50 pm

Yeah, we missed a real opportunity to put Barca to the sword that day but we are still winning the war in La Liga and actually have a do-over sometime this month.

I do remember being actually upset we only drew that match though. Usually, a draw at the Camp Nou is a good result but I really felt we were the better team going into that one.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:31 pm

If we don't trash them in the Bernabeu (a away game) = Zidane is not playing this teams optimal level!
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:56 am

ZZ's big game record is outstanding. That's where we struggled with Carlo.

halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:54 am

halamadrid2 wrote:ZZ's big game record is outstanding. That's where we struggled with Carlo.

and under rafa as well
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:10 am

titosantill wrote:
halamadrid2 wrote:ZZ's big game record is outstanding. That's where we struggled with Carlo.

and under rafa as well

But Benzema scoring record was good (:
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:05 am

I know it's hard for people to keep perspective here...  but Benzema's per appearance goal ratio is better than Raul's and most everyone not named Ronaldo, Di Stefano, RVN, Hugo Sanchez...  basically, other than the truly elite scorers of Real Madrid all time.  He's right there just behind them.    I think he's top 3 or 4 in terms of assists all time by Madrid strikers.

People tend to think that the CF position is just about goals... it was true in the past.  But in the modern game, you play with two, and in Madrid's case, three strikers a lot of times and then the goal responsibility falls on whoever of the 3 is being emphasized.

My only issue with him is his stupidity off the pitch and the fact that he's been ok with a secondary role for his whole career basically.  He's satisfied with what he is when he could have been more.  That said, maybe he's survived in Madrid so long because he's about the best you can get out there that actually would accept such a role...  better strikers would never play second fiddle.

And that's the reason I think he will survive again... I believe Ronaldo will get sold this summer.  Mbappe will be bought.  Benzema is the ideal teammate for a young up-and-coming striker.  He won't get jealous and won't try to freeze him out like any other top striker would... he'll actually play collectively.

Instead of focusing one what Benzema isn't...  why don't you look at what he is and how that's just really unique.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:48 pm

The Ronaldo that is the only one out of 3 starting forwards we have that is scoring relatively consistently, the only one in double figures in La Liga, would be sold to accommodate Mbappe? And Benzema would be the one that stays? Right...

I do like Benzema and do enjoy his contributions, also enjoy making fun of him and his "troubles" but I really don't see such a scenario taking place there.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:55 pm

Yeah but Ronaldo cannibalizes the attack.  It has to focus on him or he doesn't function.  When he was scoring 50 goals, that's fine.  But when you're coming back down to earth and scoring in the 30s... then you need to compromise for the team, which means tracking back, work rate, passing, etc.

He's taken 211 shots to score 28 goals.  That's flat awful. It means that he has to take less shots so that he can reach an acceptable level of efficiency. Do you really see him doing that?
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:12 pm

Ronaldo as a CF and proper wingers like Hazard on the left and Bernardo Silva on the right is the only solution to this problem imo. hmm
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:14 pm

I like Dembele more than like Silva, way more talented. two footed, plays both side of the pitch, dribbling machine, 1v1 beast and even if he lacks in football intelligence, he is improving at dortmund. As a winger he might be the most valuable talent in europe at the moment
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:31 pm

Silva tracks back and defends better than Dembele though. Isn't that one of the main problems with the BBC?
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:35 pm

Madrid lack speed and width farfan. Other than Bale, we have nobody that stretches the pitch. We need someone that brings that danger...
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:40 pm

@Sports
I don't see that happening nor do I see Madrid selling Ronaldo this summer and buying Mbappe. Whatever we do during the transfer window would have Ronaldo in the starting 11. Benzema as well for that matter.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:21 pm

The BBC must be broken, that we can all agree on. But Benzema needs to be the one to go first. Ronaldo is the only one out of the three who's scoring regularly.

The solution is very clear to me: move Ronaldo permanently to CF, sell Benzema and bring a winger with a high work rate.

It would be nice for a change to defend with 9 men instead of 7.

The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:32 pm

You don't want to defend with more than 8 unless you play a high line...  you want your top 2 scoring threats to save their energy for attacking because they need to make runs, etc.

You can only defend with your strikers if you intend on recovering the ball very quickly so that it doesn't burn them out.  We don't play that style.

The other option is to sign a striker like Cavani who never gets tired... but he's about the only one who has that in him.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next