titosantill
sportsczy
halamadrid2
17 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Espanyol vs Real Madrid - Page 7 Empty Re: Espanyol vs Real Madrid

Post by shadexticos Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:57 am

Kroos and modric can be annoying when they are allowed to play at their own pace. they seem self-absorbed with pass-accuracy statistics and just end up playing loads of backward and sideways pass.

shadexticos
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:01 am

@Doc...  we will always play better in second halves of games because the passing lanes open.  The opposition midfielders and defenders get tired of pressing us high and drop lower.  When passing lanes open, Kroos and Modric are lethal.  The issue we have (and everyone is complaining about) is that our CMs are completely incapable of dribbling themselves out of trouble, running with the ball or breaking pressure.  So when the opposition is effective with its pressing on them, our team is broken in two halves.  There is literally nothing we can do here...  other than bench either Bale or Ronaldo and one of Kroos/Modric to bring on James and Isco.  THEN, we have two guys that can break pressure and their man invidually.

Since that's never going to happen (and shouldn't), we are going to most often play like this.  Namely, play solid defense and keep the opponent from scoring... while we wait for things to inevitably soften and allow for our CMs to make the passes they can.

There's a famous saying: Let success be your guide. We're winning every game. There's no reason to change other than tinkering here and there.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:15 pm

@Sports
Have no qualms with our style. No issues our winning formula either. Just thought the 1st half was poor. I mean, thanks for putting your reasoning behind it and I could live with that. Though from my own view, if it weren't for James putting a lovely goal just before HT, Espanyol's approach would have been totally different.

In any case, I think I've exhausted all my thoughts on this. Go figure a routine win would have so much exchanges of opinions.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7