Conte sack watch

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Re: Conte sack watch

Post by Myesyats on Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:55 am

@Kaladin wrote:Sacked in the morning

he's not sacked yet, is he?

I thought he was already out

Myesyats
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Posts : 8319
Join date : 2015-05-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Conte sack watch

Post by RealGunner on Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:03 am

If he gets sacked he gets a huge huge compensation package.
avatar
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 78959
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Conte sack watch

Post by Robespierre on Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:55 am

@CBarca wrote:Even if I give that to you, the fact remains that Sarri's Napoli went out with 6 points in a group of Shaktar, City, and Feyenoord. Shaktar in second got 12.

Horrific CL performance

Although I agree there are a lot of similarities between them, and Poch too went out the previous year in the group stages, so when I say what I say, it's not in support of Poch (as I've said, I view them on similar levels as there are indeed many parallels), it's just me pointing out that if they didn't take CL seriously then the results are arguably even more embarrassing for Napoli.


I rate Pochettino above Sarri though
avatar
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan
Posts : 11643
Join date : 2013-11-22
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: Conte sack watch

Post by breva on Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:32 pm

If Sarri had Tottenham's budget (and no. of decent players), his team would get to the CL semifinals every year. Sarri is a far better manager than Pochettino.
avatar
breva
First Team
First Team

Posts : 1705
Join date : 2015-03-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Conte sack watch

Post by Myesyats on Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:36 pm

@RealGunner wrote:If he gets sacked he gets a huge huge compensation package.

But he has a contract till June 2019 so they'll have to sack him at some point anyway, won't they?

Myesyats
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Private
Posts : 8319
Join date : 2015-05-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Conte sack watch

Post by Firenze on Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:39 pm

probably hoping that he will step down over the summer, rather be  rich and not miserable than richer and miserable

I seriously don't think Abramovich cares enough to sack him at this point if he's gonna be paying out stupid compensation
avatar
Firenze
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 26189
Join date : 2012-04-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Conte sack watch

Post by Tomwin Lannister on Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:40 pm

Not if he leaves for another club which would probably happen in the Summer

Although i'm pretty sure Chelsea have spent more on manager compensation pay offs than most clubs have on players in the last decade so if they want him gone they'll get him out whenever. Don't see the point though, season is over for them.

_________________




Luke Harper wrote:We are the ones... the ones that you've been told about. And WE... are walking upright.

Studying about those good ol' days and who shall wear, the starry crown gooood lawd. Show me the waaaaay.

Unbeaten 2011/2012.


:bow: :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:
avatar
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 26801
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 77

Back to top Go down

Re: Conte sack watch

Post by Robespierre on Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:46 pm

@breva wrote:If Sarri had Tottenham's budget (and no. of decent players), his team would get to the CL semifinals every year. Sarri is a far better manager than Pochettino.

He is scrub on knock out games
Such as Conte Antonio
avatar
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan
Posts : 11643
Join date : 2013-11-22
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: Conte sack watch

Post by Tomwin Lannister on Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:48 pm

Agreed with Robes

Seen nothing of Sarri yet that implies he knows wtf he is doing outside of the league.

You don't need a better team than Napoli's to get more than 6 points in a group with two literally irrelevant teams.

_________________




Luke Harper wrote:We are the ones... the ones that you've been told about. And WE... are walking upright.

Studying about those good ol' days and who shall wear, the starry crown gooood lawd. Show me the waaaaay.

Unbeaten 2011/2012.


:bow: :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:
avatar
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 26801
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 77

Back to top Go down

Re: Conte sack watch

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:50 pm

Hilarious.

Higuiain cost more than any striker in Spurs history, but apparently they have some unreal budget which Napoli can't compete with.

_________________
avatar
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 63360
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: Conte sack watch

Post by Tomwin Lannister on Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:52 pm

Just realised who we're replying to actually

_________________




Luke Harper wrote:We are the ones... the ones that you've been told about. And WE... are walking upright.

Studying about those good ol' days and who shall wear, the starry crown gooood lawd. Show me the waaaaay.

Unbeaten 2011/2012.


:bow: :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:
avatar
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 26801
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 77

Back to top Go down

Re: Conte sack watch

Post by breva on Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:57 pm

@Robespierre wrote:
@breva wrote:If Sarri had Tottenham's budget (and no. of decent players), his team would get to the CL semifinals every year. Sarri is a far better manager than Pochettino.

He is scrub on knock out games
Such as Conte Antonio


No, Sarri just lacks sufficient personnel of the necessary calibre to do proper rotation. Not at all like Conte who has had deep squads at Juventus and Chelsea.
avatar
breva
First Team
First Team

Posts : 1705
Join date : 2015-03-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Conte sack watch

Post by S on Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:05 pm

@Tomwin Lannister wrote:Agreed with Robes

Seen nothing of Sarri yet that implies he knows wtf he is doing outside of the league.

You don't need a better team than Napoli's to get more than 6 points in a group with two literally irrelevant teams.


Sarri Boiz taking over this forum too ffs

As overhyped and overrated as Tuchel is

avatar
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 25528
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

Re: Conte sack watch

Post by breva on Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:05 pm

@Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Hilarious.

Higuiain cost more than any striker in Spurs history, but apparently they have some unreal budget which Napoli can't compete with.


Napoli transfer budget ~40M euro, Tottenham transfer budget ~ 90M sterling. Tottenham has nearly 3 times the budget of Napoli. So yes, it is unreal and Naploi cannot compete with it.
avatar
breva
First Team
First Team

Posts : 1705
Join date : 2015-03-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Conte sack watch

Post by Tomwin Lannister on Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:19 pm

@S wrote:
@Tomwin Lannister wrote:Agreed with Robes

Seen nothing of Sarri yet that implies he knows wtf he is doing outside of the league.

You don't need a better team than Napoli's to get more than 6 points in a group with two literally irrelevant teams.


Sarri Boiz taking over this forum too ffs

As overhyped and overrated as Tuchel is



Lmao

Finishes 2nd with 2nd best squad in Italy, finishes 3rd with 2nd best team in CL group, AMGERD BEST MANAGER AROUND

He might turn out to be great but he's done nothing beyond what you'd expect with his squad. His football style is easy on the eye though.

_________________




Luke Harper wrote:We are the ones... the ones that you've been told about. And WE... are walking upright.

Studying about those good ol' days and who shall wear, the starry crown gooood lawd. Show me the waaaaay.

Unbeaten 2011/2012.


:bow: :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:
avatar
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 26801
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 77

Back to top Go down

Re: Conte sack watch

Post by Warrior on Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:23 pm

Napoli didn't bother much about European campaign this year. Only against City they played to save their honor but that was it. It's a strategy chosen as a team and not only down to the coach.

Sarri does a great job with the cards he possess, he is a B+ manager, no need to downgrade him for 2 bad results against Ukraine teams nobody care about. Since when is Napoli expected to be relevant in Champions League ? hmm
avatar
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 3566
Join date : 2016-05-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Conte sack watch

Post by S on Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:38 pm

No. Napoli is a team atleast expected to pass the groups. Roma are in the quarter finals of the Champions league. Napoli with a better squad than them can't even achieve minimum objectives in the CL with a fairly comfortable group.

The excuses for Sarri is really becoming uncreative. Had it been Conte or Allegri managing Napoli and were unable to get their team past the groups , both would've been hammered on here but apparently since Sarri is the flashy fancy coach who plays 'beautiful football',  he gets a pass..

I mean this guy got praised when his team were hammered by Madrid by a tennis scoreline ffs
avatar
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 25528
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

Re: Conte sack watch

Post by rincon on Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:44 pm

Blaming the budget for a knockout game against Feyenoord/Shaktar is ridiculous. The budget comes into play in the league cause we have much more depth but not in a 1 off game against teams Napoli should be beating.
avatar
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 10934
Join date : 2012-06-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Conte sack watch

Post by Luca on Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:49 pm

And last season Roma did not make it past Porto just to make the CL group stage and Napoli made the round of 16

It's not about getting a pass. Sarri is a top 5 Italian manager and top 3 in Serie A. Disputable? Absolutely not. It's something as clear as day and I don't even like the guy, you guys just like to operate in such extremities that we either have to crown him as the best ever or he's the worst, there is a middle, reasonably leveled ground to be shared. Sarri does elevate this Napoli team, they do compete with Juventus with 1/3 of the budget and he does play a nice style. He's a good manager, calma.

Stop acting like Napoli is this monster of a club. People hated on Allegri at Milan and when he left, he was even poorly received by Juventus fans and blamed for at least one of the CL finals losses. Conte has a massive amount of critics and criticism. Sarri scrubbed out in the CL this season and then the EL, I'm pretty sure that's widely accepted too. It's not about receiving a pass, just no one cares because its Sarri and its Napoli. It's not like people don't rate Poch despite losing the league to Leicester and losing a tie from a winning position to Juventus
avatar
Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 13018
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Re: Conte sack watch

Post by Warrior on Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:53 pm

When i watched Napoli-Shakhtar, they were mediocre. But when i watch Napoli in Serie A, they are a good team, they are not mediocre.

So i assume the whole squad didn't give it their best shot (in Champions League) this season.
avatar
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 3566
Join date : 2016-05-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Conte sack watch

Post by Hapless_Hans on Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:20 pm

@Warrior wrote:When i watched Napoli-Shakhtar, they were mediocre. But when i watch Napoli in Serie A, they are a good team, they are not mediocre.

So i assume the whole squad didn't give it their best shot (in Champions League) this season.

It could also mean they are inconsistent.

_________________
avatar
Hapless_Hans
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : FC Bayern
Posts : 23309
Join date : 2013-09-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Conte sack watch

Post by Tomwin Lannister on Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:49 pm

They certainly never went out on the pitch with the intention of losing or 'not trying'

If they did that's a sackable offence for all of them ffs but i'm not buying it

They underachieved, and Sarri is being wanked over for overachieving despite not doing that at all.

_________________




Luke Harper wrote:We are the ones... the ones that you've been told about. And WE... are walking upright.

Studying about those good ol' days and who shall wear, the starry crown gooood lawd. Show me the waaaaay.

Unbeaten 2011/2012.


:bow: :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:
avatar
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 26801
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 77

Back to top Go down

Re: Conte sack watch

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:07 pm

@breva wrote:
@Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Hilarious.

Higuiain cost more than any striker in Spurs history, but apparently they have some unreal budget which Napoli can't compete with.


Napoli transfer budget ~40M euro, Tottenham transfer budget ~ 90M sterling. Tottenham has nearly 3 times the budget of Napoli.  So yes, it is unreal and Naploi cannot compete with it.


Says who?  Spurs didn't spend anywhere near that amount.

Here's actual factual numbers.

Napoli spent over 40m euros on Higuain, Spurs have spent 50m on forwards in total in the last 5 years.

Stop acting like they are City or United, let your boy Sarri beat Shakhtar before you start chatting BS.

_________________
avatar
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 63360
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: Conte sack watch

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:09 pm

Are we actually back to the Napoli didn't try BS rofl

They weren't good enough, simple as.

Deal with it.

_________________
avatar
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 63360
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: Conte sack watch

Post by Uncanny on Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:14 pm

@Myesyats wrote:
@Kaladin wrote:Sacked in the morning

he's not sacked yet, is he?

I thought he was already out


He will see the season thru to the end, there's no point in sacking him now.
avatar
Uncanny
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 1565
Join date : 2012-11-02
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

Re: Conte sack watch

Post by Lord Spencer on Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:14 pm

@Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
@breva wrote:
@Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Hilarious.

Higuiain cost more than any striker in Spurs history, but apparently they have some unreal budget which Napoli can't compete with.


Napoli transfer budget ~40M euro, Tottenham transfer budget ~ 90M sterling. Tottenham has nearly 3 times the budget of Napoli.  So yes, it is unreal and Naploi cannot compete with it.


Says who?  Spurs didn't spend anywhere near that amount.

Here's actual factual numbers.

Napoli spent over 40m euros on Higuain, Spurs have spent 50m on forwards in total in the last 5 years.

Stop acting like they are City or United, let your boy Sarri beat Shakhtar before you start chatting BS.


Last year, Napoli spent 60 Million Euros to Spurs 110 Million Euros. You are intelligent enough to know that one big transfer in Higuain does not make the finances of both teams comparable.
avatar
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 3169
Join date : 2011-06-23

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum