Gil
CBarca
Lucifer
49 posters

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Conte sack watch - Page 4 Empty Re: Conte sack watch

Post by Nishankly Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:26 pm

They'll still top the CL group and finish in top 2 of PL.

Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:28 pm

Nishankly wrote:They'll still top the CL group and finish in top 2 of PL.

no chance on either of those, think they'll finish 4th though
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:35 am

Out by christmas, hopefully he keeps it up
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:44 am

I’ve been trying to frame this more delicately, to be as kind to the past as I can but Conte was poor with Juve in the CL all those years ago. It’s strange because tactically he’s a very good manager, as shown in the Euro which is tournament football at its height.

Roma is a beta team in Europe with a manager that Conte knows. It’s inexcusable really, the defending on some of these goals was really bad too.

Top manager for me though. Will bring Milan from 6th up to 5th

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:47 am

If Conte can't get this club back on its feet, then no one can, might as well liquidate, i'll latch on to Real since we are basically the same club
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:50 am

ES wrote:If Conte can't get this club back on its feet, then no one can, might as well liquidate, i'll latch on to Real since we are basically the same club

I think he can. He made a mockery out of Serie A. Will he have money to spend though? That’s the real concern, the squad still needs work.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:11 am

To an extent he reminds me of Mancini, but better, good domestically, but hasn't really made any noise in Europe.

I think he'll be good for Milan and build a foundation, but he won't take them that much higher, even as a manager he won't have that big of a pull on a lot of players.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:25 am

ES wrote:If Conte can't get this club back on its feet, then no one can, might as well liquidate, i'll latch on to Real since we are basically the same club

We could do with another member since Isco gone and retire Chad.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:13 am

I'm not sure i have the requisite qualifications to assess the Big Baller, but i will try my best
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:27 am

I'm the only one who said this fool is overrated. Nw he getting exposed for the first season where he has cl football to contend with. Granted injuries have not been kind to his team but that's no excuse for losing to Roma whom are Europa league level.

Never hid that I didnt rated this guy at all and now I'm vindicated.

Reminds me of higuain June top kek.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:34 am

^ No offense, but when you're eight points behind in the league to one of the worst Barcelona sides in recent years, the last thing you want to do is criticize other managers for being underwhelming.

I also find it quite ironic that you would go as far as to say there's no excuse to losing to Roma while three days ago you were gathering all the excuses under the sun to justify Madrid's loss to newly promoted Girona.

Say what you want about Conte, but at least he's not losing with one of the most talented squads in world football, and he sure as hell wouldn't keep Benzema and sell Morata only to replace him with Mayoral.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:26 am

Conte did something even dumber, he replaced Matic & Costa with Bakayoko and Morata Laughing
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:43 am

Pretty sure that Matic decision wasnt solely his. May be the board thought getting 40ml for a 29 year was a brilliant idea considering he wasnt that impressive last season. Conte appeared visibly frustrated when asked about it shortly afterwards.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:45 am

Chelsea had a terrible transfer market. Is their team now better than Roma's? I don't think so. The only aspect that they are better on paper is the backline. They have a much worse midfield and a worse attack.

You should never lose 3-0. But if Roma is an "EL side" then so is Chelsea.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:34 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:^ No offense, but when you're eight points behind in the league to one of the worst Barcelona sides in recent years, the last thing you want to do is criticize other managers for being underwhelming.

I also find it quite ironic that you would go as far as to say there's no excuse to losing to Roma while three days ago you were gathering all the excuses under the sun to justify Madrid's loss to newly promoted Girona.

Say what you want about Conte, but at least he's not losing with one of the most talented squads in world football, and he sure as hell wouldn't keep Benzema and sell Morata only to replace him with Mayoral.
This post sounds more like you got issue with Madrid than Chelsea. But I'll indulge this nonsensical post.

Conte's Chelsea is facing his first season with Chelsea with a complete schedule as last season he had the luxury of not having to contend with the UCL. And almost immediately he is getting exposed. It's no mystery he's shit in UCL. His lack of tactical acumen is why he is struggling now.

Real Madrid on the other hand is your reigning, defending, UCL Champion as well as being your current La Liga Champion. But successfully defending the UCL tltitlr has it's drawbacks. It has inflated the players sense of ego and entitlement.  Our players become less hungry and having used to be triumphant now lost a sense of urgency which is needed. No one in recent memory has defended the UCL title before. It is only natural that we become complacent. That and the core of our best players are hitting their 30s.

The Demon of Carthage, there is no irony or mystery in you not understanding the context or circumstances of the differences between Real Madrid and Chelsea.
You and Conte share something in common: lack of comprehension. I understand critical thinking is a difficult concept for the majority of the Madrid fanbase. But it is an exercise worth practicing.

Returning to the topic at hand, I will take this back. Roma are not EL fodder. They are CL group stage minimum.

Chelsea on the other hand...

are legit EL fodder. As expected of conte. Cristiano or Benz would have a field day if given such space and time.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:48 pm

A field day of misses and spurn chances. Benzema didn't even have a field day against fking Girona. That being said, that was some serious clown defending there. All 3 followed Laughing
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:52 pm

Its a real tragedy to say that Conte lacks tactical acumen

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:08 pm

Conte is not a top strategist, he's a motivator.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:30 pm

Luca wrote:Its a real tragedy to say that Conte lacks tactical acumen

Right! He is very good manager (in theory I suppose) that, for some reason, just cannot get it right in Europe.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:35 pm

Didn't even watch it but did Chelsea play like pussies?

Standard Conte European approach. In his head, CL games are on this whole other level of complexity to the point where inferior teams must be given the utmost #respek and taking the game to them is impossible so why bother trying.

Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:44 pm

Doc wrote:

Right! He is very good manager (in theory I suppose) that, for some reason, just cannot get it right in Europe.

It's a myth. Conte had 1 bad CL season. The other we lost to Jupp's Bayern in the QF that went on to win the treble. This season he looks set to qualify to the knockouts again.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:51 pm

So...one bad, one decent and the other not complete (this season). I mean, not so much a myth but I could see we have been a bit exaggerated.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:57 pm

rincon wrote:
Doc wrote:

It's a myth. Conte had 1 bad CL season. The other we lost to Jupp's Bayern in the QF that went on to win the treble. This season he looks set to qualify to the knockouts again.

He had 2 bad seasons, out of 2.
By no means i want to bash on Conte but our european campaigns under him where decent at best. Allegri is a superior tactican, that's why the results are now corresponding with the talent of the group.

EDIT: we also have a better team now than what we had in Conte's era, it helps...
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:02 pm

The issue with Conte in Europe is not tactical but mentally, at Juve he made it abundantly clear that the club could not do well, or even go deep in the CL because we lacked the resources. While, at the time it was true, you don't expect your manager to come out and say it. I mean, Monaco made the Semifinals last season with probably less resources then we had at the time. You just can't say such things, Allegri in his first season made a CL final and in contrast, it was less of a defeatist mentality.

But tactically? Please. Conte won Serie A in each of his first 3 seasons, he went undefeated in his first season, taking a 7th place team with a complete squad overhaul and beating Allegri and Ibrahimovic's Milan in the process. Then he took Italy in the Euro and massively overachieved with one of the weaker teams you'll see Italy field, notable victories against Belgium and Spain before losing to Germany on penalties. Then, as a new manager in the PL, he batters everyone with Chelsea and wins the league.

To talk about him now, in his first "down" period in his career would be the same as talking about Zidane's results lately with Real Madrid. Maybe we can discuss the tactical acumen that saw him lose 2-1 to Girona, but no, we don't because it doesn't encompass his managerial career so far and nor should it. Just like if Conte goes out of the group and even out of Chelsea, will not be indicative of a phenomenal 5 year managerial career at the top flight which has eclipsed the careers of many of his fellow managers. Mourinho, too, lost this group in Chelsea and was sent out. We don't question his managerial credibility, we don't talk about Ancelotti's Bayern either. These figures are not immune to criticism but their credibility far exceeds their flaws.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:17 pm

Zidane and Conte are both motivators to me. Doesn't mean they are shit managers whatsoever... that's not my point. Motivators autority relies on getting their troops in the right mindset. Conte transforms his players into warriors, in his teams hard work is valued more than anything.

Allegri, for example, is superior to them when it comes to tactics. Whilst having poor man-to-man abilities he can change the path of a game without needing the team to go blood, sweat and tears.

Conte is not a clueless tactician, but he is average, that's not the pillar of his qualities.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:28 pm

What were our 2 bad seasons in Europe with Conte? The one were we hadn't been in CL for a couple of years, and then knocked out Chelsea, won our group and lost in the QF to the would-be champions Bayern was bad?
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next