Borussia Mönchengladbach vs Barcelona

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Re: Borussia Mönchengladbach vs Barcelona

Post by Donuts on September 28th 2016, 23:05

I'm seeing this alot from different barca fan forums.

what kind of expectations did you guys have from the summer signings

all we did was replace the bench, upgraded the quality. we got people who can potentially replace our aging players but not start this season.. it is so far working out with umtiti with people saying he should be the new starter ahead of mascherano.

we brought in two midfielders hopefully one of the two (or rafinha etc) can step up and displace iniesta as he is also aging.

we only brought in paco mainly as a direct substitute for suarez and a direct replacement to munir/sandro

digne was literally only brought in to replace adriano and give proper competition to alba.

mind you it's barely been a month since the season has started and we have people overreacting that a few players haven't taken the game by themselves...

the players that have been replaced have done fk all either
munir?? barely plays because he can't even start for a terrible valencia team and people still think he can play for barca.
adriano? is he even alive?
verm?
Sandro??
tell me how great they are doing and how they could have done better than the current signings we have lol..or better yet tell me whom we could of boughten that would of done better than our current signings..
i keep seeing free cat bringing up pogba as if he's lighting up the scene now with manchester united Laughing

are you all just complaining to complain?? the money was well spent, i'm much more happier with us risking 120m on five 22 year olds who can potentially be starters AND not complain for minutes than just one player who so far hasn't done anything noteworthy.

Last edited by Donuts on September 28th 2016, 23:08; edited 1 time in total

Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick on September 28th 2016, 23:06

We had a bad game away in UCL group match, what else is new. We got the result though and City dropped points so it's not the end of the world

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr on September 28th 2016, 23:09

@Donuts wrote:what kind of expectations did you guys have from the summer signings

The expectation that they will improve the squad? I think that's why clubs 'strengthen' their teams over transfer period. I mean most clubs but this one Laughing

First Team

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.tk

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts on September 28th 2016, 23:10

yeah who am i kidding adriano, munir, sandro, verm are all so much better rofl

get outta here

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Toronto

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr on September 28th 2016, 23:14

Actually Munir or Sandro would have fared better in this match than a guy who has no idea how to play with his back to the goal in the middle of 4 defenders keeping tight on him. At least Munir and Sandro would give you some width.

First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts on September 28th 2016, 23:16

give me that crystal ball you have so i can make these what if claims you do.

rofl
one preseason and people overrate munir, let alone sandro haha

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats on September 28th 2016, 23:17

Alcacer struggles to settle in but he'll get there. Gomes and Umtiti have strenghtened us greatly. Digne as well, kind of... Denis Suarez and Rafinha have been nothing positive performances too.

Criticism of transfer moves is laughable at this point.

However, the game was awful. We can't be so dependent on Messi. There's so much quality in this team yet without Leo we play like poor man's f^%#ing Malaga.

Myesyats
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Private

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick on September 28th 2016, 23:18

Agree with Danny here, Munir is definitely a better wide option for us than Paco.

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr on September 28th 2016, 23:19

It has nothing to do with preseason Laughing They are better wingers than Alcácer. Period. If you had watched Valencia's matches in the past 3 years you would know that Paco is not a target man striker, he is just a meh poacher. And his style does not suit Barcelona AT ALL.

First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer on September 28th 2016, 23:24

Alcacer was supposed to be direct replacement for Suarez.

Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick on September 28th 2016, 23:32

Why are the reinforcements being brought up when (besides Paco), it was our regular starting 11 that struggled. Not to mention we usually play like ass in the group stages away from home. Plus we aren't gonna play like gods every single game. But if the finger must be pointed at anyone, I would say Lucho is the one not anyone else. But I'm ok with the game...City dropped points and we got all 3.

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts on September 29th 2016, 00:15

@danyjr wrote:It has nothing to do with preseason Laughing They are better wingers than Alcácer. Period. If you had watched Valencia's matches in the past 3 years you would know that Paco is not a target man striker, he is just a meh poacher. And his style does not suit Barcelona AT ALL.

paco is a direct substitute for suarez, that was his purpose on the purchase enrique said he wanted a pure striker we got one.

last season

----------------------------------------Bravo (mats)
alves(vidal/roberto)--Pique(bartra/Verm)---Mascherano(mathieu/verm)-----Alba(adriano)
-------------------------------Buscuit(samper)
-------------Rakitic(turan/rafinha)-----------------Iniesta(turan/rafinha)
Messi(rafinha/munir)-----------Suarez(sandro/munir)-----------------neymar(munir/sandro)

vs this season

-------------------------------------MatS (ciss)
Roberto(vidal)-----Pique(masch)--------Umtiti(mathiue)-----Alba(digne)
------------------------------------Buscuit(gomes)
--------------Rakitic(gomes/rafinha/turan)---------Iniesta(d.suarez/gomes/turan)
messi(rafinha/turan)--------Suarez(paco)--------------Neymar(turan/d.suarez)

it doesn't take a genius to see how much drastically our bench has improved. only downgrades we would have this season compared to last is alves, and the overly reinforced GK position.

munir and sandro better than paco in the wing? fine i'll accept that but even then i would still take this rafinha on the right wing and turan on the left over those two any days.. mind you munir and sandro aren't even natural wingers themselves they mostly their whole barca B / youth careers played strikers.... hell i'd take denis suarez over them in the wing
they both aren't better than paco in the center and that is not even up for debate.

i personally hope lucho keeps experimenting with our very new team as we could use some refreshment
the 3 in the back was nice to see, a two striker formation isn't out of our reach with these buys we have so many more options than before.

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 on September 29th 2016, 12:08

Funny to see me and Alex proven right about munir vs paco on the wings. Stay ignorant donuts

FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats on September 29th 2016, 13:54

@FennecFox7 wrote:Funny to see me and Alex proven right about munir vs paco on the wings. Stay ignorant donuts

Yes but that argument is irrelevant either way because Alcacer wasnt bought to play on the wings... Lucho comitted a mistake yesterday that he should not have but again he'll learn from it.

Don't know what he was thinking when he put up Paco instead of Rafinha on the wing.

Front three should have been Arda-Suarez-Neymar OR Neymar-Suarez-Rafinha with Alcacer eventually replacing Suarez later in the game.

Myesyats
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism on September 29th 2016, 14:45

Munir is so hot right now at Valencia amirite ?
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats on September 29th 2016, 15:13

Paco's gonna get accustomed soon. What's being asked of him at Barca is very different to what he was doing at Valencia.

He is a very well rounded player and he has shown it in his 3 years at Mestalla. He did not suddenly become crap.

Give him a few more games and you'll forget his poor start to the season. It's perfectly normal that he doesn't have a good understanding with players he never played before... No need for overreaction.

Myesyats
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts on September 29th 2016, 15:26

@FennecFox7 wrote:Funny to see me and Alex proven right about munir vs paco on the wings. Stay ignorant donuts

you truly are an idiot learn how to read before commenting
no one here claimed paco would be used on the wing, only idiots like you and casuals thought so.

you'd think munir has been playing like messi at age 21 with all this hype he's getting rofl

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat on September 29th 2016, 15:27

Rafinha has exploded, he looks another footballer. He was very comfortable at the right wing and was very good with his dribling.

Props to Arda Turan too, who was crucial for us (not only for the goal). He is doing well this season!

Paco won't get accustomed to play for us, he just can't play our style. He is a poacher and nothing else, and lacks all the qualities Barça forwards need: Dribling, passing, link up... he just waits there to put the ball in the net. We played with 10 men until he was subbed off.

We traded a player that can play anywhere in the front three, for a player that can only play in the 6 yard box.

Last edited by free_cat on September 29th 2016, 15:32; edited 1 time in total

Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat on September 29th 2016, 15:29

Gladbach sucks. Their main men are headless chicken Traore and the bad Hazard.

Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat on September 29th 2016, 15:32

@Myesyats wrote:Busquets is f***ing shit. He offers next to nothing nowadays.

Andre Gomes needs to come in and replace him.

OK, Busquets isn't good these last 2 games, but please, just shut up with the nonsense!

Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism on September 29th 2016, 15:34

It took 6 months for Arda who was more expensive, older & more experienced to finally shown his worth. Paco should deserve a bit more time before judgement, just like Munir at Valencia.
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat on September 29th 2016, 15:40

@danyjr wrote:Also your signings literally offer nothing. Gomes? French CB guy? Tintin?

Surely Tintin is better than Alba. The guy has zero going for him. No strength, no aerial presence, he even lacks basic defending skills. FHL.

And Alcácer is the worst signing of the season tbh. The guy was never a fit for Barcelona. Absolute waste of money.

Agreed on Alcacer.

Disagreed about Alba. Not a huge fan of Alba, but not any random french left back who can't compete with Maxwell will be better than him. You are talking like Alba is a complete scrub, and he isn't.

Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats on September 29th 2016, 15:40

It was in heat of the moment. Busi kinda redeemed himself looking at how the game went after his horrible mistake.

However, I don't consider him such a key player for us anymore.

Last edited by Myesyats on September 29th 2016, 15:41; edited 1 time in total

Myesyats
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat on September 29th 2016, 15:40

@Twoism wrote:It took 6 months for Arda who was more expensive, older & more experienced to finally shown his worth. Paco should deserve a bit more time before judgement, just like Munir at Valencia.

Arda had the qualities. Alcacer doesn't, never will.

Also, it's not like Arda is setting the world on fire, he is just doing fine now.

Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat on September 29th 2016, 15:46

@Myesyats wrote:

Yes but that argument is irrelevant either way because Alcacer wasnt bought to play on the wings... Lucho comitted a mistake yesterday that he should not have but again he'll learn from it.

Don't know what he was thinking when he put up Paco instead of Rafinha on the wing.

Front three should have been Arda-Suarez-Neymar OR Neymar-Suarez-Rafinha with Alcacer eventually replacing Suarez later in the game.

Which proves Paco is a stupid signing because he will play a total of 8 full games as a striker for us.

Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts on September 29th 2016, 16:00

already has 5 games he's played in out of 10... but sure he'll only play 3 more times with the 40 games remaining Laughing

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next