Adit
The Demon of Carthage
sportsczy
24 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Ronaldo needs to go - Page 2 Empty Re: Ronaldo needs to go

Post by Thimmy Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:19 am

futbol_bill wrote:Did these "players more capable for the task" step up and show that capability when Ronaldo wasn't available?

I guess I must have missed those games, lol.

I find the defense  / excuses of Benzema laughable. It's clearly obvious who is the problem with the front line. And of course, according to the "french agenda", there is to be no fault attributable to the coach.

Are you saying that Bale is not a better fit for a player having the team built around over the longer term, because he didn't step it up during the few games where C. Ronaldo didn't play 90 minutes?

Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:32 am

You can easily play bale and Ronaldo together and make bale shine. Bale is best on the wing regardless, because he's a winger.

I don't mind us selling or keeping him. He just needs to score. Even though he hasn't, despite what sports and Chad say, he's had bright moments on the ball, and yes, he's made runs. Something benzema has no idea how to do right now. Actually, does he have any idea how to do anything?

Anyways here's the thing, I think both of them will turn it around. But sports has been talking shit on CR for years. He loves benzema, don't let the false attack on Benz fool you
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:51 am

Thimmy wrote:
futbol_bill wrote:Did these "players more capable for the task" step up and show that capability when Ronaldo wasn't available?

I find the defense  / excuses of Benzema laughable. It's clearly obvious who is the problem with the front line. And of course, according to the "french agenda", there is to be no fault attributable to the coach.

Are you saying that Bale is not a better fit for a player having the team built around over the longer term, because he didn't step it up during the few games where C. Ronaldo didn't play 90 minutes?

I think what Bill is trying to say here is before we start blaming Ronaldo, who, on multiple occasions, saved Z from a certain and embarrassing defeat, we should begin first by criticizing those who have been playing even worse than him and yet for some reason they're being overlooked.

I don't know about you, but I personally find it hypocritical of those who criticize Ronaldo not to criticize Benzema as well even though the Frenchman has been playing even worse than the Portuguese, but for some reason the judge, jury and executioner are deliberately ignoring his horrendous, amateurish performances  

I also don't know about you, but I personally think that Benzema is the most excused player in the history of the club. I mean, if he's not playing well, and let's face it it's 99% of the time he's on the pitch, it's because he's injured, or his confidence is low, or he's trying to uncover the true identity of the Babushka Lady.

Let's be honest here, I'm the furthest thing from being a Ronaldo fan, but at least I give credit where credit is due. Ronaldo saved Z from a draw at home against Sporting with a free-kick at '89. Then he again saved Z's clueless ass from an embarrassing defeat against Dortmund by assisting the first goal and scoring the second.

Meanwhile, Benzema is busy getting injured from the back-breaking task of laying on his sofa all summer. A lazy, injury-prone, apathetic joke for a CF, intellectually, ethically and creatively incapable of playing the way a true CF should.

Do I think Ronaldo is playing bad? Of course he is, I mean, who would even object to that? Do I think he's finished? oh yeah. But do I think he's more useless than Benzema? Hell no. The Frenchman is by far the weakest link of the BBC. Only Bale seems to be playing at a decent level, the rest are a joke, and Benzema is the worst one of them.

I said it and I'm going to say it again, Benzema is the most useless player in the team. And if he's not going to get his act together and stop getting injured every time he takes a breath, he has no business being here.

And please let's stop making excuses as to why we're playing bad. It has nothing to do with injuries. Let me remind you that we also looked clueless, incapable of creating chances from the middle and heavily relying on crosses when everybody was fit.

Injuries may be one of the many causes for our poor form, but the main cause is Z. Watching him week in and week out it clearly shows that the man has no plan and he's not even trying or incapable to get one. It's like our players are just "there", going with the motion and hoping to miraculously crawl to victory...or a draw.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:34 am

1 goal on 20 shots... in 4 La Liga games.  The team scoring about 1 less goal per game although getting the same number shots (not more).  Is this that complicated?

Not saying it will continue all season.  But we are offensively worse so far with Ronaldo and considerably so.  Defensively, Ronaldo is a black hole while Vasquez or Morata are not.

I don't see what the trouble is Laughing
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:40 am

And Benzema is INJURED.  His knee still isn't right.  He had to come off because it got inflamed during the last game.  He shouldn't be playing period right now.

The issue is that ZZ does not trust Morata and, imo, feels that Morata would struggle with Ronaldo as Ronaldo basically pushes into the CF spot constantly.  

We need buildup support and passing support to our midfield.  MSN offer that because all three can pass.  With Bale, Ronaldo and Morata, only Bale can help somewhat.  

We have a team balance issue with Ronaldo if Benzema isn't fit UNLESS we just move him to CF and bring in Vasquez.

You can't have 2 of the 3 forwards in a 433 offer absolutely nothing is support of the midfield, especially given that our midfield lacks both defense and playmaking ability with Modric and Casemiro out.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:02 am

nobody's selling cristiano, not while we have a ban. if cristiano is to be let go we need someone or people who can make up the goal returns or assist. dumping cristiano for morata or lucas is extremely ridiculous. what needs to happen is a slow passing of the torch. he will be 32 at the end of this season, not getting any younger. but if he's putting up the numbers he does, with nobody else looking like they can get similar numbers, a straight toss out like raul iker et al will be difficult

shifting gears towards bale for example (if he is ready for the call) doesn't equate to cristiano sitting on the bench, but he can't always expect the ball everytime he calls for it. and he can't be the first one the other players look for when trying to search for an outlet. he can still get goals, and play a poacher role.

when you move away from someone like cristiano, you only do so when you have the right player or players to replace them. you don't put him on the bench and start people like morata, lucas et al that's a massive step down even for an out of form cristiano....guys like him you let them go in the summer when you have replacements lined up. i don't know what to say about benzema, get well soon or sometime, i guess.

by the time the ban is lifted the club should definitely be looking at a revolution of some sort. guys will be about a year or two older, and with all these injuries they won't be who they once were.....unless someone is desperate i reckon we'll be selling at a loss. but we need to start eyeing potential candidates to take over that can score goals and play in the big matches
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:12 am

I wish Sports was Florentino Perez right now cause I'd gladly take both Ronaldo and Benz for Monaco if I were Monaco sugar daddy without a second thought.

I think he will end up with the Pichichi somehow.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:07 am

The Demon of Carthage wrote:
Thimmy wrote:

I think what Bill is trying to say here is before we start blaming Ronaldo, who, on multiple occasions, saved Z from a certain and embarrassing defeat, we should begin first by criticizing those who have been playing even worse than him and yet for some reason they're being overlooked.

I don't know about you, but I personally find it hypocritical of those who criticize Ronaldo not to criticize Benzema as well even though the Frenchman has been playing even worse than the Portuguese, but for some reason the judge, jury and executioner are deliberately ignoring his horrendous, amateurish performances  

I also don't know about you, but I personally think that Benzema is the most excused player in the history of the club. I mean, if he's not playing well, and let's face it it's 99% of the time he's on the pitch, it's because he's injured, or his confidence is low, or he's trying to uncover the true identity of the Babushka Lady.

Let's be honest here, I'm the furthest thing from being a Ronaldo fan, but at least I give credit where credit is due. Ronaldo saved Z from a draw at home against Sporting with a free-kick at '89. Then he again saved Z's clueless ass from an embarrassing defeat against Dortmund by assisting the first goal and scoring the second.

Meanwhile, Benzema is busy getting injured from the back-breaking task of laying on his sofa all summer. A lazy, injury-prone, apathetic joke for a CF, intellectually, ethically and creatively incapable of playing the way a true CF should.

Do I think Ronaldo is playing bad? Of course he is, I mean, who would even object to that? Do I think he's finished? oh yeah. But do I think he's more useless than Benzema? Hell no. The Frenchman is by far the weakest link of the BBC. Only Bale seems to be playing at a decent level, the rest are a joke, and Benzema is the worst one of them.

I said it and I'm going to say it again, Benzema is the most useless player in the team. And if he's not going to get his act together and stop getting injured every time he takes a breath, he has no business being here.

And please let's stop making excuses as to why we're playing bad. It has nothing to do with injuries. Let me remind you that we also looked clueless, incapable of creating chances from the middle and heavily relying on crosses when everybody was fit.

Injuries may be one of the many causes for our poor form, but the main cause is Z. Watching him week in and week out it clearly shows that the man has no plan and he's not even trying or incapable to get one. It's like our players are just "there", going with the motion and hoping to miraculously crawl to victory...or a draw.

I agree. The team is experiencing several issues at once, right now. I'm not going to focus on Benzema's shortcomings, because I really can't be bothered to argue with his fans ever again. I just wanted to emphasize that the team being built around CR is partly to blame for the lack of movement in the final third, and his authoritative power is a problem that will only become more of a problem as he becomes older and even less mobile/productive.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:53 am

For those who keep saying "Benzema"... I've now said it 10 times since 2 games ago that he shouldn't be playing at all.  He's not healthy and it's obvious.  Until he's physically 100% and has completely rehabbed, he shouldn't even be called up.  

That discussion is completely separate from the main issue with our attack:  Ronaldo.  Benzema never was and never will be the focal point of our attack.  Ronaldo is the one that keys our entire attacking scheme.  So when Ronaldo is not performing and we have a better option in terms of a focal point (Bale)...  a change should be made.  However, because of Ronaldo's standing and incredible ego, it cannot happen.  I don't understand why Ronaldo should have a higher standing than Raul who was quickly moved once he showed the slightest sign of falling off...  and Raul was nowhere near as polarizing a presence on and off the pitch.  
So we will either sink or swim depending on how Ronaldo plays.  That's how it is.  Let's hope he picks it up because our defense is going to leak some goals with the absence of Casemiro or another proper DM.  I highly doubt Ronaldo is going to make room for Bale to take more of a leading role... it won't happen.  As such, Bale is basically moved wide with every little opportunity to score.  Bale has been reduced to being a winger because we already have two strikers in Ronaldo and a CF in the box. Heck, i think Kroos and Bale should be the ones taking all the free kicks with James behind them if he's on the pitch... and we know that won't happen either.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:59 pm

Scores four goals playing as a centre forward for Portugal.

Albeit against Andorra.
Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:08 pm

Cristiano Ronaldo signs new Real Madrid contract until 2021.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:12 pm

Worst kept secret ever. Let's hope he gets his head out of his backside and starts playing for the team. Long gone are the days we relied on him for the goals. The sooner he gets that the sooner we can challenge for LaLiga
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:17 pm

Laughing
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:57 pm

Imagine Ronaldo playing until the end of his contract when he will be 36. Lol

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:05 pm

Absolutely shocking from the club Laughing
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:40 pm

I think you guys are a little harsh on Ronaldo!

The new contract is just an overall movement by the club with upcoming ban to secure and stay with the squad they have. I don't expect him to see out his contract.

Re his play yes it is deterioring and yes age is a factor here as is his selfish personality. However he is recovering from a major injury and at his age it is harder (both to physically and mentally) to recover. Just look at Jese for example at a much younger age.

What we need is for him to recover his form, but also for him to recognize and accept is that Bale now is top dog and Ronaldo is second. IMO, this is a major man management issue for Zidane to handle.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:57 pm

there's nothing shocking about this....a contract to 2021 does NOT mean you will start till 2021, sometimes we overreact to everything. there's a transfer ban, we can't sign anyone over the summer, the last thing you need is letting a player go and not having any one to replace him....worst is letting the player go on the cheap, because he may have only a year left on his deal and not having anyone to replace him, instead sitting there twiddling our thumbs hoping something happens with the fax machine

what this means is we'll have some leverage. if he wants to leave madrid, it will either be after his contract expires or if we sell on our terms. it won't be like rvp to utd, or kagawa to utd where they went on a cheap because they had only a year left on their deals and could leave for nothing if their clubs held back....

raul and iker both signed 'contracts for life', guess where they are now. funny thing is raul left about a year after he signed that deal. he was benched the first season after he signed the deal under pellegrini, then, when mourinho came in, he left....new contract does not equate to being in the starting line up
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:48 pm

Saw some highlights of the last game. Absolutely dreadful. My opinion, he needs to stop obsessing over running the wing, convert into a CF, put more muscle back on and understand he isn't the same player he was back then. Look at Ibra, he's actually bigger now; and he's doing good at 35
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:18 am

Don Balon: Perez wants to sell Ronaldo

Florentino Perez hopes to have sold Cristiano Ronaldo to China before the 2018-19 season. The Portuguese will earn a huge salary in Asia before retiring with an MLS club.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:58 am

posting news of a catalan pro barca media used to make up lies on a madrid forum, great....
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:07 am

Would be great though, a guy can dream of China coming in and paying 100m+ for an aged Ronaldo/

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:32 am

His physical condition is shot. Somethings up because he looks like a pub player
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by NeganIsco Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:43 am

Auba , Reus , Lewa >>>>>>>>>
NeganIsco
NeganIsco
Banned (Temporary)