Curtinho
Valkyrja
FelixMagic
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Cr7 has never been a great dribbler  Empty Cr7 has never been a great dribbler

Post by FelixMagic Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:58 am

As United fan i do not understand when people say that Cr7 was a great dribbler at the time of united and now he has lose that.
Bullshi.T CR7 has never been in any moment of his carrer a great dribbler, i remember him very well at the time of united, and he was great in doing some tricks, most of the time useless because he rarely was able to beat the man and these trick were often done away from the opponent player, because Cr7 is not able to deceive the opponents player moving the ball at the last moment, was never been able to do that constantly. Cr7 even at the times of United, needed a lot of space to beat his opponent, he never was great in tight spaces, he was more about push the ball and run.

Martial a guy like many others is a better dribbler that Cr7 has ever been, his close control and ability to beat the man in the last moment are better.

In Real Madrid Isco, Modric, Benzema, Marcelo all are better dribblers that Cr7, their close control is much better. In the world there are dozon of players who are better dribbler than Cr7.
Cr7 his very average in this aspect and has never been a top dribbler.

Last edited by FelixMagic on Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:05 pm; edited 4 times in total

FelixMagic
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Cr7 has never been a great dribbler  Empty Re: Cr7 has never been a great dribbler

Post by Valkyrja Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:00 am

The last time Benzema dribbled an opponent was in 10-11
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Cr7 has never been a great dribbler  Empty Re: Cr7 has never been a great dribbler

Post by FelixMagic Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:02 am

Valkyrja wrote:The last time Benzema dribbled an opponent was in 10-11

but Benzema is a striker has much less space to dribble and he plays back to the goal.

FelixMagic
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:06 pm

So unbelievably average at dribbling.

This guy is pretty much a dribble pleb. Might as well call him CRFeetOfStone.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:44 pm

FelixMagic wrote:
Valkyrja wrote:The last time Benzema dribbled an opponent was in 10-11

but Benzema is a striker has much less space to dribble and he plays back to the goal.

Benzema dribbles and beat his marker a lot, don't listen to morons just watch his season review on YouTube and make up your own mind.
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:53 pm

@felixmagic

You may have a point but when I see you claim CR don't beat his man then claim Benzema one of the worst real Madrid forward ever at beating his man as better dribbler , it makes me question your player judging ability.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:58 pm

Ronaldo was an elite dribbler at United.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:24 pm

He still pulls nice dribbling runs even now when he has a bit of space but he is marked very tightly and doesn't have the quick feet and agility from his early days to swallow past 3-4 players. 1on1 most of the time he gets the better of his opponent
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by FelixMagic Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:31 pm

Curtinho wrote:

So unbelievably average at dribbling.

This guy is pretty much a dribble pleb. Might as well call him CRFeetOfStone.

well i don't so see so much great dribblers in those videos. Very average.

Last edited by FelixMagic on Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

FelixMagic
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by FelixMagic Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:32 pm

RealGunner wrote:Ronaldo was an elite dribbler at United.

No he was not, decent but not great. A great dribbler is Hazard, Cr7 is worse than Martial, he was just faster

FelixMagic
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:37 pm

You don't have to be beast in tight spaces to be an elite dribbler, just need to beat your marker consistently and cr did that for a while, I know fans now a day think messi, iniesta and xavi dribbling is the gold standard, but that doesn't make cr type of dribbling average either, they're more than one to go about it.
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:46 pm

Ronaldo's 06/07 and 09/10 seasons are some of the best dribblings seasons from a forward I have seen in my lifetime. What you are saying is just not right, i'm not even sure where to begin.

@curtinho
thanks for saving me trouble of attaching a video.

Unbelievable. I mean, a lot of people rightly criticise CR and he has a lot of flaws to his game that I find it baffling that you have to sit there and make stuff up.

CR atm isn't a great dribbler in tight situations, less so than in his dribbling prime but that has never been his game. He was a great dribbler at some point in his career and dribbling into space at his peak, I would take him over anyone, he is the best counter attacking forward i have seen and his dribbling had a lot to do with it. The problem is now people look at him and his game and superimpose it over his past. His game has changed  lot over the years.

Also, there is more than one type of dribbling. CR might not have been on the level of Messi, Maradona, Cruijff and Pele in dribbling, but he wasn't some bum either and i would put him in the 2nd, 3rd tier of dribblers.

You have people that can dribble in tight spaces and use close control to drive the ball forward like Iniesta, Messi, Hazard
you have those that can use feints and are pressure resistant when facing their own goal in a press like Xavi, Gundogan, Veratti, Pogba
You have those that rely on athleticism like CR, Bale etc

Each one is more effective given the situation.

Last edited by jibers on Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:53 pm; edited 3 times in total
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:48 pm

That's why I left the explanation out ffs. Jibers :bow:

Ronaldo's feet were ridiculous. The speed with how he moved the ball was still the best I have ever seen in the PL.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:50 pm

Adit wrote:@felixmagic

You may have a point but when I see you claim CR don't beat his man then claim Benzema one of the worst real Madrid forward ever at beating his man as better dribbler , it makes me question your player judging ability.

You judging other posters ability to judge players? Is this a joke? You just hate benzema because you misjudged him, and have to stick to saying worst ever this and that so pathetic and sad.
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:00 pm

The whole point of dribbling is to create chances or create space. Ronaldo was elite at using feints, tricks and dribbles to do that for a long time. He's a completely different type (or was) of dribbler to that of Messi or Hazard for example as Jibers mentioned. However, the effectiveness of his dribbling was still top notch. Ronaldo was (and still is to an extent) exceptional at using open space to create dangerous shots, passes and crosses, and he used his dribbling often to draw in defenders, get them off balance and then get into that space or find a teammate with a tricky pass or cross.

At his peak his style of dribbling I actually enjoyed more than that of say Messi or Hazard, and it was just as effective. Yes it relied more on athleticism but it was fun to watch. He didn't have the close control of Messi but he had some of the quickest feet I've ever seen, if not the quickest. His transitions over, on and through the ball were just ridiculous.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:16 pm

I wish I had that average dribbling when playing football.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:37 pm

There isn't just one way to be a great dribbler... in his style of power and speed, Ronaldo was an elite dribbler as a winger.

Same style as Bale today.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by FelixMagic Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:51 pm

Has never been a great dribbler not only in tight space but in general he was not able to beat his man in the last moment.

Most of his dribbles were horizontal and useless tricks.

FelixMagic
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by FelixMagic Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:54 pm

Curtinho wrote:The whole point of dribbling is to create chances or create space. Ronaldo was elite at using feints, tricks and dribbles to do that for a long time. He's a completely different type (or was) of dribbler to that of Messi or Hazard for example as Jibers mentioned. However, the effectiveness of his dribbling was still top notch. Ronaldo was (and still is to an extent) exceptional at using open space to create dangerous shots, passes and crosses, and he used his dribbling often to draw in defenders, get them off balance and then get into that space or find a teammate with a tricky pass or cross.

At his peak his style of dribbling I actually enjoyed more than that of say Messi or Hazard, and it was just as effective. Yes it relied more on athleticism but it was fun to watch. He didn't have the close control of Messi but he had some of the quickest feet I've ever seen, if not the quickest. His transitions over, on and through the ball were just ridiculous.

the style of Cr7 is that of R9 and R10, but he was never bean effective in terms of beating his opponent as those guys. I repat he was more about pace and tricks(inefective tricks)

FelixMagic
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:35 pm

Ronaldo was very effective at beating guys and creating space before his knees went.

sportsczy wrote:There isn't just one way to be a great dribbler...  in his style of power and speed, Ronaldo was an elite dribbler as a winger.  

Same style as Bale today.

I'm a huge fan of Bale, but I don't think he's close to as good a dribbler or as effective as Ronaldo was in his prime. He also doesn't have nearly the same level of trickery. His ability to burst into open space though might be even better...hard to say.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Kommander Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:34 pm

Pure jealousy from a scorned bride. Ronaldo's success must eat at a lot of people here. You must need sleeping medication after he won the Euros and Champions from the pure rage you felt from seeing him become the all time king.

The onl player better at dribbling than Ronaldo in his prime was Messi and it was close.
El Kommander
El Kommander
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sat Oct 15, 2016 1:01 pm

Ronaldo was a very good dribbler and much more fun to watch back then than he is now, but don't go overboard. There have been a lot better dribblers than him baesides just Messi. Ronaldinho would embarrass him. It also wasn't close when compared to Messi.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:31 pm

He was a very, very good dribbler in an age where the PL had incredible defenders. But that ManU team wasn't solely dependent on him, which gave him a less direct approach and in a way more freedom to do all those tricks, feints and silly shit which most of the time worked, sometimes didn't.

After his Madrid transfer he transformed himself into a pure inside forward with maximum emphasis on scoring, scoring and scoring. He maintained his explosive pace and acceleration, but limited all of the dribbling and fancy tricks for shooting and shooting and shooting. Which of course, in the end gives you a lot of goals even if your overall game suffers (and your team game, most of all).

Ronaldo was a lot of fun to watch back then, it's like he was Brazilian or something.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:00 pm

I personally think his dribbling ability was at it's peak during the 09-10 season. Mainly, because he limited his showboating and was at it's optimal efficiency in that respect. You're entitled to your opinion, but I honestly don't understand how someone can say that he was never great at it Laughing

Jibs made a great point about people looking at his present game and superimposing it over his past.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:10 pm

El Kommander wrote:Pure jealousy from a scorned  bride. Ronaldo's success must eat at a lot of people here. You must need sleeping medication after he won the Euros and Champions from  the pure rage you felt from seeing him become the all time king.

The onl player better at dribbling than Ronaldo in his prime was Messi and it was close.

I highly disagree. Messi has always been the better dribbler, by quite a substantial margin. I don't know if he's the greatest dribbler of all time, but he's without a doubt the most fantastic dribbler I've ever seen - at least, from an efficiency perspective. People used to argue that C. Ronaldo was the "more complete" player, but that matters little when Messi's dribbling ability was so good that he could almost single-handedly drive the ball to the final third of the pitch.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next