RealGunner
El Gunner
Nishankly
CBarca
BarrileteCosmico
20 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

FIFA council 'rather positive' toward 48-team World Cup - Gianni Infantino Empty FIFA council 'rather positive' toward 48-team World Cup - Gianni Infantino

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:51 pm

http://www.espnfc.com/fifa-world-cup/story/2971707/fifa-council-rather-positive-toward-48-team-world-cup-gianni-infantino

48 countries Laughing

Well at least Argentina will not miss out now
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

FIFA council 'rather positive' toward 48-team World Cup - Gianni Infantino Empty Re: FIFA council 'rather positive' toward 48-team World Cup - Gianni Infantino

Post by CBarca Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:53 pm

football is going down the drain
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

FIFA council 'rather positive' toward 48-team World Cup - Gianni Infantino Empty Re: FIFA council 'rather positive' toward 48-team World Cup - Gianni Infantino

Post by Nishankly Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:54 pm

48?

I hate it, But anything for 2034. GET IN
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:59 pm

nooooooooooo

I didn't read the article. But 48 just sounds bad, bottomline. The current format is peach, why change that.

So what are the probable benefits and reasons behind this?
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:05 am

I, for one, welcome Botswana vs Lesotho (:
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:33 am

not sure the lads from san marino will be able to get time off from work hmm
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sat Oct 15, 2016 1:00 am

As opposed to Infantino, I truly think this would dilute the tournament. Not to mention that 16 teams would have to fly home after just one match.

Assuming the expansion goes through, Tunisia will be eliminated before their plane has the time to cool off.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by breva Sat Oct 15, 2016 1:01 am

24 teams produced, in many people's opinions, the finest World Cup ever, in 1982. With 2 group stages it resulted in Italy, Brazil and Argentina being drawn together in one of the second groups. And West Germany, England and Spain (the hosts) in another of the second groups. Most matches were important and exciting.
breva
breva
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by breva Sat Oct 15, 2016 1:05 am

The Demon of Carthage wrote:As opposed to Infantino, I truly think this would dilute the tournament. Not to mention that 16 teams would have to fly home after just one match.

Assuming the expansion goes through, Tunisia will be eliminated before their plane has the time to cool off.

Many years ago I attended the American Cooperative School of Tunis, not far from where I lived, in Carthage.
breva
breva
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sat Oct 15, 2016 1:19 am

Where did you live in Carthage if I may ask?
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by breva Sat Oct 15, 2016 1:40 am

The Demon of Carthage wrote:Where did you live in Carthage if I may ask?

In the villa next to the U.S. Ambassador's residence at the time. The Cathedral (St. Louis) was on the hill behind us. I think it is a museum now. I could walk to the beach in 5 minutes max.
breva
breva
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:02 am

I know exactly where you used to live, breva. Looks like we were neighbors. My parents' house is in "Carthage Présidence" near the presidential palace.

It's really cool to have had a GL member living within a mile-radius from me.

I hope you enjoyed your stay and that it won't be the last time you come to Tunisia.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by breva Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:09 am

I loved living in Tunisia. It's a wonderful country that not many people know about. Of course, I only learned a little Tunisian Arabic as most people in Carthage spoke French which is the language I used to communicate with Tunisian kids. There was also a big Italian community, and I also speak Italian.
breva
breva
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:17 am

breva wrote:I loved living in Tunisia. It's a wonderful country that not many people know about. Of course, I only learned a little Tunisian Arabic as most people in Carthage spoke French which is the language I used to communicate with Tunisian kids. There was also a big Italian community, and I also speak Italian.

Thumbs up
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:56 am

So you're actually from Tunisia, Demon? Nice.

Here I was thinking you were simply into some kind of fantasy role playing with an ancient Roman theme Razz
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:13 am

Spoiler:
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:15 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Here I was thinking you were simply into some kind of fantasy role playing with an ancient Roman theme Razz

haha I wish  Laughing
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:06 pm

RealGunner wrote:I, for one, welcome Botswana vs Lesotho (:

Swaziland vs Lesotho must actually be a derby hmm
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:36 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
RealGunner wrote:I, for one, welcome Botswana vs Lesotho (:

Swaziland vs Lesotho must actually be a derby hmm

Kosovo vs Montenegro, or Kurdistan vs Mountain-Karabakh. Chechnya vs Dagestan while we're at it.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:37 pm

Think one of my dads is from Montain-Karabakh
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:39 pm

They have a team in EL but they're playing in exile in Baku I think
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:40 pm

Fakenaldo type of fake "money media" slowly but surely destroying football. Uefa qualifications are already a joke.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by breva Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:55 pm

RealGunner wrote:Think one of my dads is from Montain-Karabakh

How many dads do you have?
breva
breva
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:57 pm

getting into technicalities smh

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by terrance511 Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:13 pm

i liked 1 of the post in this thread.

best decision ever.

terrance511
terrance511
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next