Lex
RealGunner
BarrileteCosmico
Harmonica
Hapless_Hans
76 posters

Page 25 of 38 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 31 ... 38  Next

Go down

Pogba is the worst 120m € player out there - Page 25 Empty Re: Pogba is the worst 120m € player out there

Post by RealGunner Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:09 pm

0 chance Pogba takes cocaine lol. He is a professional footballer. Not an idiot.

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Pogba is the worst 120m € player out there - Page 25 Empty Re: Pogba is the worst 120m € player out there

Post by Thimmy Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:28 pm

https://www.90min.com/posts/4587139-8-current-former-premier-league-players-who-have-been-charged-for-social-drug-use

That's only in the prems Razz There used to be a guy on the Norwegian national team named Erik Mykland who had a lot of technical talent, but a relatively underwhelming career due to injuries and a cocaine habbit among other things. His urine was tested several times, but he didn't admit to being a long-time addict until he was in the twillight years of his professional career and was caught for playing a part in a drug dealing ring.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:45 am

what a compilation

#pogperformance
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:53 am

That's all from 1 game? Unreal. That's even below Andre Gomes standards.\ lol
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:56 pm

Awful, just awful
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by ronalessi Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:52 pm

The Mou effect post manita.
ronalessi
ronalessi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:39 pm

I think that was against Brighton that happened over the weekend or Paul has been having very similar matches against teams in white and blue stripes. Because I totally remember that cancer pass he tried to give Lukaku.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:52 pm

Yep it's all from this weekend's game at Brighton lol
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:31 pm

see, this is what I mean when I laugh at people just saying it's all because of Mou

Pogba has great games for us and then games like this..far too frequently where he just fails at the basics lol
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:10 pm

RealGunner wrote:0 chance Pogba takes cocaine lol. He is a professional footballer. Not an idiot.

I agree
Uncanny
Uncanny
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:47 pm

Firenze wrote:see, this is what I mean when I laugh at people just saying it's all because of Mou

Pogba has great games for us and then games like this..far too frequently where he just fails at the basics lol

Mourinho is certainly not entirely to blame for Pogba's prolonged dip in form, but I wouldn't blame Pogba for it either.

He's simply a victim of an inflated market that slapped an exorbitant and undeserved price tag on his head, and ended up having more weight than he could possible carry. He never was a world beater or a galactico but his price tag forced him to be treated as one.

Him, just like Dembelé or even Coutinho are forced to perform week in and week out, otherwise they would be labeled as frauds. That's the sort of treatment you get when your price tag is that high.

I'm pretty sure he would've had more leniency had he still been playing with Juventus because he would still be the talented kid who came for free and delivered.

If there's one thing I have noticed ever since the market went crazy, it's that people, including myself, judge the player by their price tag. If they sign you for Galactico money, you'll be treated as one and the level of expectation will rise exponentially.

Pogba is talented, but not as talented as his price tag suggests. He's a decent footballer with scattered moments of brilliance and shit passes.

Last edited by The Demon of Carthage on Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:49 pm

completely agree
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:53 pm

So a souped up Kessie
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:46 pm

I don't accept the whole money ruined Pogba argument, not when he forced a move to United to get the biggest contract possible, has embraced the fact that he was the most expensive players at one point and thought he could become a charismatic leader of United and bring league and CL success. He chose the wrong club for money and he isnot as good as he thinks
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:56 pm

He is absolutely as good as he thinks. The WC showed that.

Messi looked average with NT at the WC because his teammates at NT are average and the manager lost his mind. Pogba looks average at Man U because his manager is psychotic and his teammates are average.

Not comparing Messi to Pogba... but just illustrating how the environment can deeply impact individual performance.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:58 pm

While he may not be as elite as he thinks he is, he still has not given a performance which is better than what he used to do at Juve. Over there he was a difference maker and a game changer. Could dominate the game.

At united i can't remember a single game where he made the match his own. The only great performance I actually remember of his was against Arsenal at Emirates where he was the best player in a poor United side (but efficient).

He certainly looked better under Allegri and Deschamps though.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:28 pm

So basically Pogba needs to be carried and spoonfed to develop into a great player. Him having his head so far up his arse and playing like an unprofessional numpty while being paid millions is also down to the coach and the environment at the club. Not his fault at all.

Some of these new age French players are pure cancer. This is why I won't get sucked into this premature Mbappè hype as some potential GOAT tier player because many of these players coming from France especially tend to get carried away after achieving a little success.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:32 pm

At Juve we put him under the right conditions to succeed, he needs to be surrounded by quality players in a system that allows him to be free in attack (or at least take initiatives) as long as he defends.

I don't think Pogba can be the pillar of a team, he never proved that in his career. But when it comes to "add flesh around the bone" he is one of my top picks Thumbs up
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:39 pm

sportsczy wrote:He is absolutely as good as he thinks.  The WC showed that.  

Messi looked average with NT at the WC because his teammates at NT are average and the manager lost his mind.  Pogba looks average at Man U because his manager is psychotic and his teammates are average.

Not comparing Messi to Pogba... but just illustrating how the environment can deeply impact individual performance.
I am not going to compare Pogba with Messi ever.

France won the world cup with a great collective effort, great.

Was pogba the best midfielder in the world cup? no. top 3? no. top 5? no.

He had a great comp, credit to him, but France winning does not magically make him a better player. So no, i will reiterate what i said, Pogba sees himself better than he is, and this confusion is creating a lot of emo moment.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:50 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:
sportsczy wrote:He is absolutely as good as he thinks.  The WC showed that.  

Messi looked average with NT at the WC because his teammates at NT are average and the manager lost his mind.  Pogba looks average at Man U because his manager is psychotic and his teammates are average.

I am not going to compare Pogba with Messi ever.

France won the world cup with a great collective effort, great.

Was pogba the best midfielder in the world cup? no. top 3? no. top 5? no.

He had a great comp, credit to him, but France winning does not magically make him a better player. So no, i will reiterate what i said, Pogba sees himself better than he is, and this confusion is creating a lot of emo moment.

He was top 3 best midfielder in the WC EASY.  And Modric wasn't the best...  he sucked in the final.  So did Kante.  That leaves Pogba. He put on a masterclass in every single game and got better throughout the whole tournament as the pressure went up.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:59 pm

Yep. It indeed was the collective effort that won France the cup. Their triumph was built on having a strong defensive organization. Pogba was excellent but let's not act like he was some Zidane v2 in the world cup or something.

Talking about the world cup , look at where Germany's stars of their world cup win are there today. Only Kroos really made it to the elite level among their younger generation. You can hype Pogba's performances based on a 1 month tournament all you want but reality is he's had 2 really mediocre seasons at United and thats what really counts at the moment. He's a luxury player if there was ever one.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:00 pm

Did not realise the world started and ended with the final lol

Masterclass...lmao I guess we have a different definition of the word
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:09 pm

There was one person making outlet passes to the fullbacks, Griezmann and Mbappe while also defending his ass off.  

He was the only creative force in the midfield and he was a monster.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:10 pm

world champions
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:12 pm

So the only creative force of a team CHOOSING to play with 4 centerbacks and 3 DMs is automatically elite?

That was their design to be world champs, no one cares if Pogba was the only one that could hit a pass. Better world cup than Modric lmao
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:15 pm

Götze, Draxler, Özil, Schurrle, Hummels etc are also world champions

Can you tell me how they're doing @club level? @Sportsczy
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 38 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 31 ... 38  Next