Red Dead Redemption 2

Page 5 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15 ... 26  Next

Go down

Re: Red Dead Redemption 2

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:31 pm

I genuinely think they thought they were going to hit the end of 2017 tbh.

The fact there's a trailer coming in this week makes me believe the current date of Spring is going to be hit though.

If they didn't have any announcements very soon i would have started to worry.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:11 pm

@Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:New trailer on Thursday.

After this i watched the John Marston trailer again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S404bI-pl00

Still one of the best trailers i have seen for a game IMO.

Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca on Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:51 pm

Hype will kill me I'm

Think we're getting a trailer and release date lads :bow:

NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:01 pm

I'm expecting a trailer which sets up the main characters and gives us more ridiculous landscape shots.

Release date I'm not expecting but it wouldn't surprise me, mainly because if it is going to hit spring 2018 then they'll have to announce it soon.

Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:23 pm

@Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I'm expecting a trailer which sets up the main characters and gives us more ridiculous landscape shots.

Yep

Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca on Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:25 pm

Release date stays Spring 2018 so that's relieving. Also looks like we're one character, not multiple.

Trailer looked incredible. A lot of stuff in it that I and others wanted to see--more diverse landscape (including heavy snow, Montana??), a swampy area where the characters were actively walking in the water (finally no insta death). Bow hunting, dual wielding, and connections back to Dutch and the original gang Marston was in.

The description given for the storyline doesn't hype me as much as RDR but it's Rockstar and it's red dead so I'm not worried about the story very much at all. I just don't want it to be too similar to GTA: V story wise since we've done that.

Main character looks like a complete badass

NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:29 pm

Two things I noticed.

It's a prequel and it revolves around Dutch's Gang as predicted.

Hoping the fact they showed off one character means we play as one, didn't particularly like GTA's attempt at multiple characters tbh.

Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 on Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:42 pm

Holy shit completely forgot about this.

Invisible Smilies 2012. Join the campaign.
M99
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:46 pm

I think I already love the new character tbh, he seems like a right asshole.

I gravitate to those type of people tbh. " Maybe when your mother's done mourning your father I'll keep her in the black on your behalf " rofl Instantly sold right there.

Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca on Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:52 pm

It does say you play as Arthur Morgan in the description and it also LOOKS like you play as one character, so I think that's a fair assumption to make. Not 100% sure, but at this point I think it's unlikely that they reveal more characters we get to play as given what's been shown to us so far. Besides, if that was the case, I think they wouldn't wait so long to let us know...they would have revealed it right now.

Which I'm ecstatic about.

NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca on Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:57 pm

That line was incredible @mole

Seeing people complain about his accent but I don't mind it. He seems like an awesome character and a lot different from John who everyone loved but for different reasons

Wouldn't mind being a morally bankrupt outlaw just trying to survive in the harsh weather

Very excited about the kind of landscapes shown. It definitely looks like it's the Eastern front of the Western frontier (Montana, Wyoming, the dakotas, Nebraska/Kansas). Mostly because these areas, so important to the development of the west and and integral part of the lore of the west often get glossed over in favor of the Southwest US that RDR did so well. Also since I've been to all of those places (and they're beautiful) as I've grown up not too far from them

NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:01 pm

I do like how they have translated to Spaghetti Western to something like The Revenant for example.

At least in terms of locations anyway, I imagine the story and tone will be very different.

Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin on Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:20 pm

I'm liking the tone in the trailer, i'm hoping its somewhat serious and not flamboyantly funny like GTA

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:46 pm

ES wrote:I'm liking the tone in the trailer, i'm hoping its somewhat serious and not flamboyantly funny like GTA

I'll be shocked if it isn't tbh, the original Red Dead was a lot more serious in tone and felt like it had more of an emotional hold on the user than GTA usually does.

With GTA 4 being the best example of more serious tone there, it's one of the reasons i personally feel like Red Dead is their magnum opus.

Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 on Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:54 pm

Yeah this character looks like a prime scumbag unlike John. Not exactly Trevor, but Michael like.

Also RDR while serious was still hilarious. Irish, Seth and the Yale professor were funny as fk.

M99
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:56 pm

@M99 wrote:Yeah this character looks like a prime scumbag unlike John. Not exactly Trevor, but Michael like.

Also RDR while serious was still hilarious. Irish, Seth and the Yale professor were funny as fk.

Agree with that, with that said i'd be surprised if that isn't case either.

They'll be some genuinely hilarious characters along the way.

Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza on Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:00 pm

Looks great. Can't wait to buy DLC with my mom's credit card

World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca on Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:15 pm

What do people think of the accent?

Seeing mixed reaction so far. I don't mind it, but we haven't heard him say a whole lot yet. Could go either way yet.

Guy who voiced Marston did an incredible job so he's got a hard act to follow.

NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:21 pm

Got no issue with it tbh, although i rarely get annoyed by accents unless thay are utterly ridiculous.

What matters to me is whether he has an character arc and storyline to go with it.

Accent itself doesn't really matter imo.

Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze on Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:37 pm

looked good, what easter eggs for ppl that played the first? I don't remember much about the story besides the main character and a few bits and pieces, who was Dutch again? the leader of the gang Marston was with back in the day?
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:54 pm

@Firenze wrote:looked good, what easter eggs  for ppl that played the first? I don't remember much about the story besides the main character and a few bits and pieces, who was Dutch again? the leader of the gang Marston was with back in the day?

Dutch was the leader of the gang yeah.

This new lad wasn't mentioned even in passing though, i still think Marston plays a big part in this game but we'll see i suppose.

Last edited by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:08 pm

Speaking of Dutch, easy to forget how amazing a character he was despite the limited on screen role.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S259TF5jSZU

Happy to be see he seems to have a much larger role this time.

Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 on Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:20 am

Potential spoilers. So this guy more than a year ago claimed to have RDR info like hundred others. The thing is, he said protagonist's name is Arthur...he posted a lot of other info too.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/4ex6em/red_dead_redemption_2_game_map_reportedly_leaked/d24idvq/

M99
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitescu on Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:20 am

A lot to comment here on Read Dead. Since I'm only focused on my timed bouts of Witcher 3 I realise the true predecessor to it was more RDR than silly GTAV.

RDR, a game I hold with very fond memories given its a game that has aged well, and was truly revolutionary for its time. Mole and I share similar sentiments in that regard for that game.

Speaking of that, thoughts Mole? Trailer looks to have a far more variable tone and theme than just wild west and has to given it is earlier in the more nascent stage of the era. Graphics look as good as I'd except though you can tell its at a raw stage. The new character looks like everyone's uncle from texas who lost out in his future NFL career via concussion though the Anti-Hero context is interesting. Face does not match his voice though.

Can easily tell Rockstar has reached next gen based on the facial animations alone and its the first time they have added a character (Dutch) transitioning to another generation of console.

But we all know the fan service we want won't be in this typical of Rockstar so I bet my dog on Marston only being mentioned very vaguely but no appearance. But a Metal Gear style appearance him and leaving the audience to guess if its him would be an orgasm.

I loved GTAV character switch but its clear this game needs to be far more character driven and built around the character given its obviously less complex environment map size notwithstanding.

Arquitescu
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Sociedad

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico on Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:45 am

Watched the new trailer HYPED AF.

Admin

Club Supported : River Plate

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:32 am

@Arquitescu wrote:A lot to comment here on Read Dead. Since I'm only focused on my timed bouts of Witcher 3 I realise the true predecessor to it was more RDR than silly GTAV.

RDR, a game I hold with very fond memories given its a game that has aged well, and was truly revolutionary for its time. Mole and I share similar sentiments in that regard for that game.

Speaking of that, thoughts Mole? Trailer looks to have a far more variable tone and theme than just wild west and has to given it is earlier in the more nascent stage of the era. Graphics look as good as I'd except though you can tell its at a raw stage. The new character looks like everyone's uncle from texas who lost out in his future NFL career via concussion though the Anti-Hero context is interesting. Face does not match his voice though.

Can easily tell Rockstar has reached next gen based on the facial animations alone and its the first time they have added a character (Dutch) transitioning to another generation of console.

But we all know the fan service we want won't be in this typical of Rockstar so I bet my dog on Marston only being mentioned very vaguely but no appearance. But a Metal Gear style appearance him and leaving the audience to guess if its him would be an orgasm.

I loved GTAV character switch but its clear this game needs to be far more character driven and built around the character given its obviously less complex environment map size notwithstanding.

My initial thoughts were that i love the tone of the trailer and more specifically i love how much of a dick the main character seems to be.

I imagine like with most Rockstar Games, the character will be a lot deeper than just that but as an initial impression i loved it. He's not as endearing as John Marston but in a lot of ways i think i want that.

Already mentioned it but i loved to see Dutch, thought in his limited role he was a wonderfully written and acted character so the idea it seems he has a much bigger role this time is exciting to me.

I do find it interesting this Arthur Morgan character wasn't even mentioned in passing during the original RDR, so i wonder what happened. I agree with you about John Marston's role, i think it will be limited at best ( if he is in the game which i suspect he is) This is a story as of right now about Morgan, Dutch and the gang and how that leads to the events of RDR1. Having said that i wouldn't be surprised if the events of this game only increase the legend of John Marston but i'm unsure to what that entails.

As much as i think the 3 character setup in GTA V was a good idea, i don't particularly like how it was implemented in terms of mission design and story structure.

I feel like the story and design of the missions you go on is a lot more focused with just one character, so i hope it stays this way. I feel like i can get invested a lot easier when it's just about the journey of one man/woman, by all means have loads of great characters that you interact with ( something Witcher 3 does exceedingly well) but i'd prefer to just focus on the one character. I never particularly felt the same way about Franklin, Michael or even Trevor as i did about John Marston because of the constant back and forth.

As for something a little less relevant, i really liked how populated the world is in terms of wild life. The first game did a great job of this but this looks like it's another level really and i can't wait to see what other animals we can hunt and skin, on that note i was really happy to see the bow and arrow and hope there are many more ways of killing man or beast than just guns and dynamite.

Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15 ... 26  Next