M99
Great Leader Sprucenuce
31 posters

Page 18 of 32 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 25 ... 32  Next

Go down

Red Dead Redemption 2 - Page 18 Empty Re: Red Dead Redemption 2

Post by RealGunner Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:50 pm

Thimmy wrote:
urbaNRoots wrote:The controls sometimes piss me off man, I don‘t get how taking your gun out and interacting with someone is the same button, it‘s happened a few times now that I wanted to talk to someone and instead took out my gun and ended up being chased by law enforcers.

Maybe it's just me, but I've died quite a few times while browsing through the endless amount of provisions in my inventory. I tend to read the descriptions before using anything, because I don't want to waste powerful healing items unnecessarily. Also, it takes a few seconds before he starts consuming them, which has lead to me getting killed a lot already Razz I've encountered quite a few bugs, like Hosea randomly showing up on his horse and starts spinning while inside the wall of a barn in the middle of nowhere. I think the game will have a lot of early patches. I'm enjoying it, though!

That's something us jrpg fans have in common lol

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:54 pm

I haven't felt the gunplay is clunky

I HAVE definitely felt the issue with the controls. There are just so many of them. How did games get so complex?

I actually haven't had much trouble with interacting vs pulling a gun, it's happened once.

I think the problem is I'm really only 4-5 hours into the game and I'm learning it all. I think it will get lot easier as you play more and start to internalize the controls.

Anyone know how to pull back on a bow and then stop pulling back, thus preserving the arrow?
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:10 pm

I don't have an issue with how many controls there are anymore tbh, I did at the beginning but I got used to it so I think you'll be fine.

I'm ridiculously addicted to hunting atm, I can't believe how much stuff there is to do related to hunting.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:47 pm

Love that you can threaten people into silence when committing a crime tbh, finally an option that doesn't involve killing more people
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:50 pm

Got absolutely Revenanted by the legendary bear rofl 10/10 would get raped again
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:51 pm

I've killed too many people. Certain store owners seem to reject me now. Does anyone know how high the wanted rating goes? Mine went up to 300-400 before I became insanely overwhelmed and killed. I love my Pump Action shotgun, but he always reloads it as if he has all the time in the world drinking

I've noticed a lot of people complaining about a lack of fast travel in this game, yet fast travel becomes available after upgrading Dutch's lodging twice.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:08 pm

I don't know if its me or my eyesight, but does anyone else feel the icons on the map are too small/indistinguishable? There was a tutorial telling me about the different icons and i had no idea
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:36 pm

stumbled across some very cool settlements and what I have to imagine is the big city in the game, like how it all has its own uniqueness and aesthetic. Loving the open world so far so much. The gunslinsger mission things, tracking people down has been really cool from the 3 I've done. So much damn content. Also doing a good job with the morality of things so far, felt like a piece of shit a few times for how I've gone about stuff.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:50 am

Really don't understand the police system in the game though.

Bit annoyed now. Did a mission, and I was staying in the area cleaning it out, looting etc, really remote place.

Sheriffs show up. Fine..I'm wearing a mask. I kill everyone at the scene. Somehow they still know my identity though.

I even died when they kept sending ppl at me. Still owe a 115 dollar bounty. some BS. The *bleep* are masks for then if they don't conceal identity? am I doing something wrong? omnipresent police ffs. I murdered them all. No witnesses.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:51 am

I really should explore further down south but I kinda of want the story to take me there first for some reason.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:33 am

Firenze wrote:Really don't understand the police system in the game though.

Bit annoyed now. Did a mission, and I was staying in the area cleaning it out, looting etc, really remote place.

Sheriffs show up. Fine..I'm wearing a mask. I kill everyone at the scene. Somehow they still know my identity though.

I even died when they kept sending ppl at me. Still owe a 115 dollar bounty. some BS. The *bleep* are masks for then if they don't conceal identity? am I doing something wrong? omnipresent police ffs. I murdered them all. No witnesses.

Yeah, certain things seem inconsistent. Or maybe there's a system in place that I don't understand. Once, I killed a patrolling sheriff out in the field, and suddenly a horde of sheriffs arrived out of the blue to avenge him. Other times when I kill them, no one else arrives and I can safely get away with it. Someone got run over by a caravan in Strawberry, and the sherriff blamed me for it, which intiated my mission of getting as high a wanted level as possible Laughing Having a $1000 bounty ain't fun. These pre-order Special Edition weapons are decently powerful, though.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:35 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I really should explore further down south but I kinda of want the story to take me there first for some reason.
Exactly my thoughts. I caressed the border a few times, but killing the annoying Pinkertons in the area, keeps increasing my bounty. Even without any witnessess.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:08 am

Firenze wrote:Really don't understand the police system in the game though.

I think that one was probably scripted because the same happened to me. I just ran away until they stopped searching.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:13 am

Anyone can explain the (!) on the map I see at camp for some things like Guns/Ammo, Medical supplies etc... is it telling me we‘re low on these things and I should donate something? If so, where do I donate? So far all I‘ve donated is cash and meat to the butcher Laughing
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:32 am

urbaNRoots wrote:Anyone can explain the (!) on the map I see at camp for some things like Guns/Ammo, Medical supplies etc... is it telling me we‘re low on these things and I should donate something? If so, where do I donate? So far all I‘ve donated is cash and meat to the butcher Laughing

If you're facing the butcher, turn around 180 degrees and you'll see a chest on top of a barrel, near a tent. There's a chest and a book there. You can donate funds through the chest, upgrade and refill stocks for the camp through the book. You can also upgrade and acquire leather tools here, which allows you to craft a ton of stuff from the desk by the butcher.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:53 am

Thimmy wrote:
urbaNRoots wrote:Anyone can explain the (!) on the map I see at camp for some things like Guns/Ammo, Medical supplies etc... is it telling me we‘re low on these things and I should donate something? If so, where do I donate? So far all I‘ve donated is cash and meat to the butcher Laughing

If you're facing the butcher, turn around 180 degrees and you'll see a chest on top of a barrel, near a tent. There's a chest and a book there. You can donate funds through the chest, upgrade and refill stocks for the camp through the book. You can also upgrade and acquire leather tools here, which allows you to craft a ton of stuff from the desk by the butcher.

Thanks brother, I don‘t think the game explained this for a dummy like me who needs everything laid out.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:18 am

urbaNRoots wrote:
Thimmy wrote:

Thanks brother, I don‘t think the game explained this for a dummy like me who needs everything laid out.

The game doesn't explain a lot of things, but something tells me that is intentional.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:42 am

Downloaded it yesterday before work and played through the deer hunting mission. Gorgeous game. Will have a good deal of time to play later today though and getting a better feel for it. I like (unsurprisingly) what I've seen so far.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:08 am

Also, it took only that first gun battle for me to lose my hat. I feel like that's going to happen a lot.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:14 am

McLewis wrote:Also, it took only that first gun battle for me to lose my hat. I feel like that's going to happen a lot.

It happens all the time, which is why I don't wear a hat unless I'm in areas that are scorching hot. Wish I knew how to use the long scope that I attached to my rifle. Does anyone know?

There's a side-quest where you have to save the brother of one of Arthur's past lovers from a religious cult. It leads to a sequence where you have to chase him by horse. As a special edition, pre-order bonus, I got a "racer"- type horse that's supposed to be really fast, but the brother's horse is like, 3x faster and I eventually had to pick the option to skip the horse chase part. I wonder how they expect you to clear that quest legitimately. Maybe you get access to some insanely fast horses, later on.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:32 am

How do i catch the legendary bear? I tried making a campfire but i dont have the potent bait to lure him
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:38 am

Kaladin wrote:How do i catch the legendary bear? I tried making a campfire but i dont have the potent bait to lure him

You remember the lake you went with Hosea? It's near there.

You don't need the bait necessarily, but a few things should be mentioned... If the area is too busy it won't appear and if you *bleep* up the game will tell you it won't appear for a while.

At which point you either set up camp and sleep or just do other stuff and come back later.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:41 am

Kaladin wrote:How do i catch the legendary bear? I tried making a campfire but i dont have the potent bait to lure him

Hosea gives you a quest where you have to catch him, and you get the bait by default then. I also ran into a sidequest where the bear is tearing a hunter apart. I think you're supposed to save the hunter, but I didn't manage to kill it fast enough. The easiest way of killing it without bait is probably to fire at it from a distance and hope that it starts running towards you, then finishing it off with a powerful shotgun (if you have one). That method will damage it's hide, though. Buy the bait from a general store and finish it off with the Varmint rifle, if you want to preserve it's hide for selling/crafting.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:45 am

Ok im stupid

I just finished that quest with Hosea and told him im gonna stay and catch the bear, ran around couldnt find him, but remembered about L3+R3 and managed to track him down
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:46 am

The hide doesn't actually matter with the bear because you can't lift it anyway lol.

All you really want is the pelt.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:09 pm

is there any way to get rid of bounties without paying then? lol

Really wont want to pay that 115 dollar bounty in the heartlands as im there atm though im gonna have to remove it

May have to see about robbing a bank or something to pay for it. Spent all of my money just before that bounty on upgrading camp.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 32 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 25 ... 32  Next