M99
Great Leader Sprucenuce
31 posters

Page 19 of 32 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 25 ... 32  Next

Go down

Red Dead Redemption 2 - Page 19 Empty Re: Red Dead Redemption 2

Post by Firenze Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:09 pm

is there any way to get rid of bounties without paying then? lol

Really wont want to pay that 115 dollar bounty in the heartlands as im there atm though im gonna have to remove it

May have to see about robbing a bank or something to pay for it. Spent all of my money just before that bounty on upgrading camp.

Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:12 pm

Also, not really a fan of any of the legendary animal related outfits. I get that it's supposed to be kinda wacky in comparison to the regular Cowboy look, with furs etc, that's how it should look, but I hope there are some really really dope looking outfits later that look a little more badass.

Also stumbled across one of the longterm side-missions I guess? like the treasure hunts etc, was genuinely spooky, murder mystery.

Urge to look online where to find things is there but I'm really not trying to break my immersion, treasure hunts etc have been fun so far

enjoying the challenges too, been trying to do those as they come, but now I think I remember some of these from RDR1, not a fan of the ones where you gotta go from point a to point b in under x amount of time lol

Last edited by Firenze on Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:13 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:The hide doesn't actually matter with the bear because you can't lift it anyway lol.

All you really want is the pelt.

Yeah, I meant the pelt. Sorry, I'm sleep deprived lol. The quality of the pelt is determined by how you kill the animal.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:14 pm

Firenze wrote:Also, not really a fan of any of the legendary animal related outfits. I get that it's supposed to be kinda wacky in comparison to the regular Cowboy look, with furs etc, that's how it should look, but I hope there are some really really dope looking outfits later that look a little more badass.

Also stumbled across one of the longterm side-missions I guess? like the treasure hunts etc, was genuinely spooky, murder mystery.

Urge to look online where to find things is there but I'm really not trying to break my immersion, treasure hunts etc have been fun so far

enjoying the challenges too, been trying to do those as they come, but now I think I remember some of these from RDR1, not a fan of the ones where you gotta go from point a to point b in under x amount of time lol

Are you referring to that cult house with a bunch of dead people in it?
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:21 pm

nah

well, maybe that's related, it seems like you'll visit a lot of different locations related to this side-quest

I stumbled across something at night and noticed the music changed and it was pretty bloody, near Valentine
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:47 pm

Rockstar actually did it right, we were just thinking of it too much in a game-like way (i.e, "bandana means im hidden, right?") The bandana isnt bugged, its just not the only item. Heres what you need for a successful robbery without them knowing its you.

Bandana or face mask A set of clothes that the town hasn't seen Arthur wear. A horse that the town hasn't seen Arthur riding. After the robbery, you can't let the lawmen see you.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:52 pm

sure, that makes sense but not in regards to my crime, which was in the middle of nowhere, a place I hadn't been to before and I left no witnesses hmm

I'm gonna try robbing a bank later though like that, see what happens
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:00 pm

I went into Blackwater wearing a face mask, clothes and a horse that no one has seen me wearing. In a matter of seconds, I had 6 law men on my arse Razz
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:14 pm

I can't sell the legendary bear pelt, went to the butcher in camp and town and both don't accept it. What do I do with it
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:19 pm

trapper
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:28 pm

Stumbled into a side mission with some law men carrying a prisoner, it prompted me to free him so I manage to kill the officers and then came more officers out of nowhere so I escaped them as well... only when I returned to the place it turned out that the side mission was gone and I was left with a whooping 75 dollars bounty on me. BS imo.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:29 pm

Those bounty hunters are a bit ridiculous. Decided to travel across the mountains in the north after having been killed in Blackwater. Came across two people attempting to blow up a safe, closer to the bottom of the mountain. I'm guessing they picked that spot since there were no other people around. Figured I'd wait for them to blow it up, then rob them. And I did, but soon after I was done looting them, a dousin bounty hunters show up from out of nowhere and come running towards me from further up the mountain. I don't know how that's supposed to be realistic Razz Lost $55 from getting killed by them.

Those bounties are BS. The main quest gives you a $300 bounty at one point. Being nearby someone who manages to get themselves killed can cause your bounty to go up, and my bounty even suddenly increased at one point, when I was camping out in the forest by myself ffs Laughing
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:34 pm

yeah the omnipresent sherrifs/police is really odd considering the game goes for realism almost everywhere else
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:37 pm

Getting it today or tomorrow it seems hmm
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:47 pm

Firenze wrote:yeah the omnipresent sherrifs/police is really odd considering the game goes for realism almost everywhere else

The law men and, to some extent, bounty hunters remind of the police in the game, Driver. They're just mindless maniacs that seem to be able to track you down from anywhere. Like you say, I find it odd how unrealistic they are, considering how much emphasis they've put on realism in everything else. inb4 Mole thinks everyhing's perfect.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:52 pm

I remember how murdering a lone guy in Mount Chilihad suddenly summoned two cop cars in one minute in GTA 5.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:15 pm

I think we need to talk about more exclusively positive things. I haven't seen a post from Mole since yesterday hmm
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:16 pm

Feel sorry for his eyes.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:26 pm

I feel sorry for his chair.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:27 am

Basically spent the entire day playing the game and barely touched the main mission. Laughing

Exploration is exceptional, in most open world games I get bored pretty quickly exploring without a focus but this world is so dynamic that things are always happening.

Even things that are 100% player agency driven like example today I found a really good horse and some gang I was going up against killed it. Which actually really pissed me off because of how the horse system works and I went on a murderous rampage until I felt better. Laughing

In other game I wouldn't have gave a shit but here i actually cared my horse was killed and that was at least 4 hours of my experience before I moved on.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:30 am

I worried about that with the bounty hunters tbh. And they are a bit annoying. I find it kinda fun to continuously slaughter them though, but it was happening too often so I paid my bounty

Having so much fun exploring, mostly. I still need to do more main quests just to unlock stuff tho lol. I've just spent most of my time roaming around, going on adventures and such. As Mole said, there's always just so much to do.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:43 am

This one stranger mission leads you to put dynamite on hog dung and cause a literal shitstorm Laughing
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:07 pm

Anyone gotten to Saint Denis, yet? It was night time and foggy, and I walk past a kid who is peering through a window. Didn't bump into him. Suddenly, the kid tells me to leave him alone and a notification shows up, stating that there's a witness who saw me disturbing the peace. A few seconds pass, and suddenly "my crime" is being investigated, another few seconds pass and a new message pops up with "wanted, Arthur Morgan". FFS, I hope they tone down the damn policing in a patch. I've spent so much time greeting people to get my honor rating up and then this crap occurs out of nothing drinking
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:46 pm

yeah, I always prefer for the story to take you to big places naturally, but I was doing some of those legendary gunslinger related sidequests and I ran into one of them encounters where they ask you to take them somewhere. Place looks insane, very impressive. I purposefully didn't look around much though, gonna save it for later. Really like the contrast in atmosphere from place to place in the game.

Place has to be the main-hub town surely. I only have the North-East of the map unexplored so far I think. Just random sidequests have taken me from place to place.

Speaking of spooky and atmosphere, genuinely never played a game that nails it like this does. Found myself deeeeeep in the snowy mountains last night for a sidequest and on my journey back down I started to explore randomly, it was night-time and there was a blizzard on, I was just riding through with the lamp in my hand, genuine sense of dread when you get ambushed by a pack of wolves and you can't see 5 feet in front of you or when you stumble across a lonely abandoned cabin in the mountains and that split second as u burst through the door wondering what'll await you inside. The OST so far hasn't had any standout tracks as such, kinda like God of War from this year, but it's very good at kicking in at certain moments and elevating the atmosphere. I guess this is how it'll be for the OST.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:32 pm

There's hardly anything, up in the North-East. Just Annesburg town. I think there's a city in the Blackwater area that might be larger than Saint Denis, but the people down there chase me around like their lives depend on it, so I haven't checked it out.

I agree that most of the music tracks aren't all that impressive. The OST holds a similar standard to that of Fallout 4, which isn't bad at all. They just lack a bit of "oomph!". The tracks fit the setting, but I honestly expected a bit more more quality and atmosphere from the entirety of the soundtrack. I think the bar's been set very high from games I've played in recent years. I really wish they'd gotten Explosions In the Sky to make the soundtrack. That would have been absolutely epic. I would have likely bought that soundtrack, and I never do.

I thought the music created a good atmosphere in this clip, but those moments are few and far between. Most of the songs, while fitting to the setting, are quite simplistic and ordinary for this type of music.

Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:48 pm

I wish the soundtrack had a few songs that dared to be more than ordinary. I'm sure a lot of you don't care as much as I do, though Razz  

That said, I understand that it's hard to find a balance between picking songs that leave an impression, yet doesn't distract or seem overpowering over the actual game. A few of the songs in Nier: Automata, for instance, were so bombastic and over the top, that I almost lost focus of what I was doing. A song like this would create a similar effect, with it's bombastic and upbeat "climax" towards the end of it. That's just too much for a game like this.

Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 32 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 25 ... 32  Next