Red Dead Redemption 2

Page 30 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31  Next

Go down

Red Dead Redemption 2 - Page 30 Empty Re: Red Dead Redemption 2

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Thu May 09, 2019 2:46 pm

@Winter is Coming wrote:I have had in on my PS4 for a while (Witcher 3). Do I need to play or know the story of the other ones?


Not really, there's some interactions with established characters you might not get straight away but the story is very self contained in the sense it's mainly about characters which weren't in the first two games.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Posts : 67022
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Red Dead Redemption 2 - Page 30 Empty Re: Red Dead Redemption 2

Post by urbaNRoots on Thu May 09, 2019 3:04 pm

@Lucifer wrote:Completed the story last night, would like to describe my experience in few words. First of all let me start with the fact that I am by no means  a serious gamer. This is my first console and first game besides usual ones like FIFA, Pes or WWE. Used to sporadically play GTA along with my brother (serious gamer), although I would just fool around killing random people and cops in various creative ways. Bottom line is I am a complete novice in this field.
Now regarding the game, to sum it up in one sentence, this game has made me seriously  wanting to play various other games. I started this game with sole objective of fooling around in open world and hunting but the story  is so engrossing that I barely wasted any time doing any of those things. My working hours are little stressful or else I would have completed the story in less than 30 hrs. I absolutely loved the arc of Arthur and Micah was absolutely a legit heel. One complaint, albeit a minor one is I would have liked to end the story with Arthur due to the bond I had developed with the character. John n Marston was good character but there was not enough time for him to grow on me. Gotta admit it felt like a anti climax.
No need for me to highlight how beautiful and realistic the graphics are so won't go into it. Have to mention one funny incident through, I was playing the game and my grandpa sat behind me, he was so hooked  watching it and  after some time asked what is the name of this movie. Laughing
All in all I definitely very much enjoyed the game. Will definitely revisit it in near future. Also going to play The Witcher next so please bear with me when I get excited like a 12 year old girl and post about small things.


So you‘re a new gamer, like myself. Red Dead Redemption 2 is a damn masterpiece and speaking from experience as someone who hasn’t played many video games since PS1/PS2 before playing RDR2, it‘s hard to get into other games immediately but lowering your expectations and understanding that some games are great for different reasons helps.

I also played Witcher 3 immediately after RDR2 and while I did finish it eventually, it’s a slow burn and the story becomes a bit tedious eventually. Still worth playing though.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 16585
Join date : 2011-08-11

Back to top Go down

Red Dead Redemption 2 - Page 30 Empty Re: Red Dead Redemption 2

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Thu May 09, 2019 3:12 pm

I couldn't imagine playing RDR2 and Witcher 3 back to back tbh Laughing

I would definitely burnout.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 67022
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

Red Dead Redemption 2 - Page 30 Empty Re: Red Dead Redemption 2

Post by urbaNRoots on Thu May 09, 2019 3:22 pm

@Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I couldn't imagine playing RDR2 and Witcher 3 back to back tbh Laughing

I would definitely burnout.


It was mostly my fault because I try to be a completionist, did almost everything in White Orchard, Velen, Novigrad and then got to Skellige lol.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 16585
Join date : 2011-08-11

Back to top Go down

Red Dead Redemption 2 - Page 30 Empty Re: Red Dead Redemption 2

Post by BarrileteCosmico on Thu May 09, 2019 3:26 pm

Bought rdr2 when it came out. I still haven't played it as I still haven't finished witcher 3 Laughing (at the end in Toussaint though)

_________________
Red Dead Redemption 2 - Page 30 TRAPOBIELSA
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : River Plate
Posts : 24349
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

Red Dead Redemption 2 - Page 30 Empty Re: Red Dead Redemption 2

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Thu May 09, 2019 3:29 pm

I've played the game like 6 times over and i don't think I've ever done that lol.

I usually just play main story, side quests, witcher gear quests for better gear and sometimes monster contracts.

Game has so much quality content, you don't really need to be exploring points of interest on top of it.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 67022
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

Red Dead Redemption 2 - Page 30 Empty Re: Red Dead Redemption 2

Post by Thimmy on Thu May 09, 2019 3:57 pm

@Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Witcher 3 is only massive if you do everything.

A straight story run through isn't that long, although i do advise anyone who plays that game not to ignore side quests related to main characters as they are in some ways better than the main story and they enhance the main story.




Some of the sidequests add a ton of quality to the game. Playing through the game without doing them, and not playing the DLCs would be a disgrace. You either invest the time, or you settle for a comparatively poor experience. Such an immersive and character-driven game deserves more than a plain run through the main story ffs Laughing There's also Gwent. Yep, it's a time consuming game.

_________________
Red Dead Redemption 2 - Page 30 1200px-Real_Madrid_CF.svg
Thimmy
Thimmy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 9168
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Red Dead Redemption 2 - Page 30 Empty Re: Red Dead Redemption 2

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Thu May 09, 2019 4:03 pm

I don't disagree, I'm just saying that's what makes it massive.

Gwent can be ignored tbh :coffee:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 67022
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

Red Dead Redemption 2 - Page 30 Empty Re: Red Dead Redemption 2

Post by Thimmy on Thu May 09, 2019 5:40 pm

Just like Newcastle FC :coffee:

_________________
Red Dead Redemption 2 - Page 30 1200px-Real_Madrid_CF.svg
Thimmy
Thimmy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 9168
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Red Dead Redemption 2 - Page 30 Empty Re: Red Dead Redemption 2

Post by M99 on Thu May 09, 2019 5:46 pm

I would highly recommend The Last Of Us to both Lucifer and urban. Its a linear story driven game, there are no sidequests or open world, but it is a damn masterpiece.

Also if anyone enjoyed Witcher 3, they really should get the Hearts Of Stone and Blood & Wine DLC. It was the best part of the game for me.

_________________
#JUSTICE4Red Dead Redemption 2 - Page 30 Lulcas11Red Dead Redemption 2 - Page 30 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR1Qm5HNgjLaUFoxTrAByV_TPaXaTm9kcWgsyrtiDOv7FlsWYRBRed Dead Redemption 2 - Page 30 ZidaneRed Dead Redemption 2 - Page 30 SmurffRed Dead Redemption 2 - Page 30 GhelyonRed Dead Redemption 2 - Page 30 Hungry_boyRed Dead Redemption 2 - Page 30 Lol-sign

Invisible Smilies 2012. Join the campaign.
M99
M99
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 27878
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 96

Back to top Go down

Red Dead Redemption 2 - Page 30 Empty Re: Red Dead Redemption 2

Post by Lucifer on Thu May 09, 2019 5:46 pm

@urbaNRoots wrote:
@Lucifer wrote:Completed the story last night, would like to describe my experience in few words. First of all let me start with the fact that I am by no means  a serious gamer. This is my first console and first game besides usual ones like FIFA, Pes or WWE. Used to sporadically play GTA along with my brother (serious gamer), although I would just fool around killing random people and cops in various creative ways. Bottom line is I am a complete novice in this field.
Now regarding the game, to sum it up in one sentence, this game has made me seriously  wanting to play various other games. I started this game with sole objective of fooling around in open world and hunting but the story  is so engrossing that I barely wasted any time doing any of those things. My working hours are little stressful or else I would have completed the story in less than 30 hrs. I absolutely loved the arc of Arthur and Micah was absolutely a legit heel. One complaint, albeit a minor one is I would have liked to end the story with Arthur due to the bond I had developed with the character. John n Marston was good character but there was not enough time for him to grow on me. Gotta admit it felt like a anti climax.
No need for me to highlight how beautiful and realistic the graphics are so won't go into it. Have to mention one funny incident through, I was playing the game and my grandpa sat behind me, he was so hooked  watching it and  after some time asked what is the name of this movie. Laughing
All in all I definitely very much enjoyed the game. Will definitely revisit it in near future. Also going to play The Witcher next so please bear with me when I get excited like a 12 year old girl and post about small things.


So you‘re a new gamer, like myself. Red Dead Redemption 2 is a damn masterpiece and speaking from experience as someone who hasn’t played many video games since PS1/PS2 before playing RDR2, it‘s hard to get into other games immediately but lowering your expectations and understanding that some games are great for different reasons helps.

I also played Witcher 3 immediately after RDR2 and while I did finish it eventually, it’s a slow burn and the story becomes a bit tedious eventually. Still worth playing though.

I'll take that into account Thumbs up like I said I am novice and don't know many games to begin with. Witcher and GoW has made lot of noise so I said might as well start with them. After that uncharted 4 and maybe TLOU before it's sequel comes out.
Lucifer
Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 6873
Join date : 2015-06-16
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

Red Dead Redemption 2 - Page 30 Empty Re: Red Dead Redemption 2

Post by Lucifer on Thu May 09, 2019 5:48 pm

@M99 wrote:I would highly recommend The Last Of Us to both Lucifer and urban. Its a linear story driven game, there are no sidequests or open world, but it is a damn masterpiece.

Also if anyone enjoyed Witcher 3, they really should get the Hearts Of Stone and Blood & Wine DLC. It was the best part of the game for me.

Now I am confused. Laughing
Lucifer
Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 6873
Join date : 2015-06-16
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

Red Dead Redemption 2 - Page 30 Empty Re: Red Dead Redemption 2

Post by Thimmy on Thu May 09, 2019 6:34 pm

I would recommend Bioshock Infinite, as well. You can probably get it for cheap, at this point in time. It's uncomplicated and less time consuming game than the other titles that have been mentioned, but it has a quality storyline and I'm pretty sure you'd enjoy it.

_________________
Red Dead Redemption 2 - Page 30 1200px-Real_Madrid_CF.svg
Thimmy
Thimmy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 9168
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Red Dead Redemption 2 - Page 30 Empty Re: Red Dead Redemption 2

Post by Winter is Coming on Fri May 10, 2019 10:02 pm

@Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
@Winter is Coming wrote:I have had in on my PS4 for a while (Witcher 3). Do I need to play or know the story of the other ones?


Not really, there's some interactions with established characters you might not get straight away but the story is very self contained in the sense it's mainly about characters which weren't in the first two games.


Alright thanks.

I think I'll stay watch a video on the other two games so I kind of know what happened. I did the same with GoW even tho this one was a little different helped me understand Kratos character a little better.

Nevertheless not sure when I'll get too it still playing Skyrim.

I also have to play AC: Odyssey, Spiderman, two of these Tales games I got. I LOUT is coming out.

_________________

"I pass and I move, I help you, I look for you, I stop, I raise my head, I look and, above all, I open up the pitch...The one who has the ball, is the master of the game...That's the school of Joan Vilà, of Albert Benaiges, of Johan Cruijff, of Pep Guardiola" - Xavi
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 3910
Join date : 2013-05-09

Back to top Go down

Red Dead Redemption 2 - Page 30 Empty Re: Red Dead Redemption 2

Post by Thimmy on Fri May 10, 2019 10:08 pm

@Winter is Coming wrote:
@Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
@Winter is Coming wrote:I have had in on my PS4 for a while (Witcher 3). Do I need to play or know the story of the other ones?


Not really, there's some interactions with established characters you might not get straight away but the story is very self contained in the sense it's mainly about characters which weren't in the first two games.


Alright thanks.

I think I'll stay watch a video on the other two games so I kind of know what happened. I did the same with GoW even tho this one was a little different helped me understand Kratos character a little better.

Nevertheless not sure when I'll get too it still playing Skyrim.

I also have to play AC: Odyssey, Spiderman, two of these Tales games I got. I LOUT is coming out.


Which of the Tales of games are they?

_________________
Red Dead Redemption 2 - Page 30 1200px-Real_Madrid_CF.svg
Thimmy
Thimmy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 9168
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Red Dead Redemption 2 - Page 30 Empty Re: Red Dead Redemption 2

Post by Winter is Coming on Sat May 11, 2019 12:21 am

@Thimmy wrote:
@Winter is Coming wrote:
@Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

Not really, there's some interactions with established characters you might not get straight away but the story is very self contained in the sense it's mainly about characters which weren't in the first two games.


Alright thanks.

I think I'll stay watch a video on the other two games so I kind of know what happened. I did the same with GoW even tho this one was a little different helped me understand Kratos character a little better.

Nevertheless not sure when I'll get too it still playing Skyrim.

I also have to play AC: Odyssey, Spiderman, two of these Tales games I got. I LOUT is coming out.


Which of the Tales of games are they?


Zestiria and Berseria. Have you played them?

The first ever one I played was Vesperia and I really loves it saw these and decides to download them.

_________________

"I pass and I move, I help you, I look for you, I stop, I raise my head, I look and, above all, I open up the pitch...The one who has the ball, is the master of the game...That's the school of Joan Vilà, of Albert Benaiges, of Johan Cruijff, of Pep Guardiola" - Xavi
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 3910
Join date : 2013-05-09

Back to top Go down

Red Dead Redemption 2 - Page 30 Empty Re: Red Dead Redemption 2

Post by Thimmy on Sat May 11, 2019 1:38 am

@Winter is Coming wrote:
@Thimmy wrote:
@Winter is Coming wrote:

Alright thanks.

I think I'll stay watch a video on the other two games so I kind of know what happened. I did the same with GoW even tho this one was a little different helped me understand Kratos character a little better.

Nevertheless not sure when I'll get too it still playing Skyrim.

I also have to play AC: Odyssey, Spiderman, two of these Tales games I got. I LOUT is coming out.


Which of the Tales of games are they?


Zestiria and Berseria. Have you played them?

The first ever one I played was Vesperia and I really loves it saw these and decides to download them.


I played Berseria recently. Impulsively decided to get it during a christmas or winter sale or something. I thought it was surprisingly good, so I bought Vesperia remastered. I haven't completed Vesperia, yet, but I'm pretty close to the end. So far, I definitely preferred Berseria, but the internet seem to think Vesperia is top 2 in the series. The combat system in the two games are pretty similar, but Vesperia's just feels a lot more clunky, and even though I'm close to finishing the game, I never quite came to grips with the peculiar combo system and redundant features like, "fatal attacks" where you have to press one of the shoulder buttons as soon as you see a color indicated flash above the enemy. Was that in the original game? I might check out Zestiria, but that one seems to be rated far below both Vesp and Bers by people who have played them all.

_________________
Red Dead Redemption 2 - Page 30 1200px-Real_Madrid_CF.svg
Thimmy
Thimmy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 9168
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Red Dead Redemption 2 - Page 30 Empty Re: Red Dead Redemption 2

Post by Winter is Coming on Sat May 11, 2019 5:00 am

@Thimmy wrote:
@Winter is Coming wrote:
@Thimmy wrote:


Which of the Tales of games are they?


Zestiria and Berseria. Have you played them?

The first ever one I played was Vesperia and I really loves it saw these and decides to download them.


I played Berseria recently. Impulsively decided to get it during a christmas or winter sale or something. I thought it was surprisingly good, so I bought Vesperia remastered. I haven't completed Vesperia, yet, but I'm pretty close to the end. So far, I definitely preferred Berseria, but the internet seem to think Vesperia is top 2 in the series. The combat system in the two games are pretty similar, but Vesperia's just feels a lot more clunky, and even though I'm close to finishing the game, I never quite came to grips with the peculiar combo system and redundant features like, "fatal attacks" where you have to press one of the shoulder buttons as soon as you see a color indicated flash above the enemy. Was that in the original game? I might check out Zestiria, but that one seems to be rated far below both Vesp and Bers by people who have played them all.


Honestly I can't remember I played that game like 7-8 years ago. But yeah it was pretty fun for me as it was my first time encountering a Japanese RPG style game and the whole mechenics were interesting to me, but I enjoyed the story a lot. But yeah I think Vesperia will have some kind of outdated type of fighting in it, as I've heard they've improved on it in some newer games but that just depends some people still prefer Vesperia mechenics.

Am so behind on all these games tho so I probably won't get to it just yet lol

_________________

"I pass and I move, I help you, I look for you, I stop, I raise my head, I look and, above all, I open up the pitch...The one who has the ball, is the master of the game...That's the school of Joan Vilà, of Albert Benaiges, of Johan Cruijff, of Pep Guardiola" - Xavi
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 3910
Join date : 2013-05-09

Back to top Go down

Red Dead Redemption 2 - Page 30 Empty Re: Red Dead Redemption 2

Post by The Madrid One on Tue May 28, 2019 6:19 pm

Bought this game on PS4 and it cannot load online Showdown series to save its life. Any suggestions?
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 4667
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Red Dead Redemption 2 - Page 30 Empty Re: Red Dead Redemption 2

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Tue May 28, 2019 6:21 pm

No idea, i haven't played the player vs player modes.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 67022
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

Red Dead Redemption 2 - Page 30 Empty Re: Red Dead Redemption 2

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:05 pm

Really enjoying the online since the update.

The roles seem quite threadbare at first but once you go through it you notice the depth to it all.

They also added a bunch of random events which makes the world feel much more alive like the single player which makes the free roam much more enjoyable.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 67022
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

Red Dead Redemption 2 - Page 30 Empty Re: Red Dead Redemption 2

Post by Thimmy on Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:27 pm

@Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Really enjoying the online since the update.

The roles seem quite threadbare at first but once you go through it you notice the depth to it all.

They also added a bunch of random events which makes the world feel much more alive like the single player which makes the free roam much more enjoyable.



That would've been pretty cool back in 2018, mate Thumbs up I gave online multiplayer a chance, and it was a very barebones experience. Ain't no one.

_________________
Red Dead Redemption 2 - Page 30 1200px-Real_Madrid_CF.svg
Thimmy
Thimmy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 9168
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Red Dead Redemption 2 - Page 30 Empty Re: Red Dead Redemption 2

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:55 pm

No idea why you and others act like i'm trying to sell a game to you lol when i speak about it positively.

I couldn't care less if you and others want to play it, all i said was is i'm enjoying it since the update.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 67022
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

Red Dead Redemption 2 - Page 30 Empty Re: Red Dead Redemption 2

Post by Thimmy on Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:38 pm

All I’m saying is it’s too late hmm I don’t care if you and others care to care that I care to think it’s too late hmm What are you selling, anyway? hmm

_________________
Red Dead Redemption 2 - Page 30 1200px-Real_Madrid_CF.svg
Thimmy
Thimmy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 9168
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Red Dead Redemption 2 - Page 30 Empty Re: Red Dead Redemption 2

Post by McLewis on Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:55 pm

Been thinking about getting back into this game, especially the online, since there appears to be more to do. I really liked where Rockstar was going with the multiplayer when RDO first launched, but there just wasn't enough content so I stepped away from it. I suppose the hope is that it's eventually filled with a ton of stuff to do like in GTA Online. Seems to be heading in that direction so this fall/winter seems like a good time to check in and see where it's at.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma
Posts : 11192
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Red Dead Redemption 2 - Page 30 Empty Re: Red Dead Redemption 2

Post by M99 on Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:42 am

@Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Really enjoying the online since the update.

The roles seem quite threadbare at first but once you go through it you notice the depth to it all.

They also added a bunch of random events which makes the world feel much more alive like the single player which makes the free roam much more enjoyable.



I got Bounty Hunter and Tradesman licenses for free.

I have not played much but is there anything beyond bounty hunter than...well the bounties? The tradesman gameplay is a complete rehash of Bikers in GTA Online. Don't know much about Collectors but it sounds like the worst out of the three.

The interview with VG 24/7 did sound promising. Obviously disappointed at no SP DLC but their plans for Online sounds good. Heavily hinted at Heists coming. It took a while for GTA Online to find its footing. Will be the same for this game.

_________________
#JUSTICE4Red Dead Redemption 2 - Page 30 Lulcas11Red Dead Redemption 2 - Page 30 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR1Qm5HNgjLaUFoxTrAByV_TPaXaTm9kcWgsyrtiDOv7FlsWYRBRed Dead Redemption 2 - Page 30 ZidaneRed Dead Redemption 2 - Page 30 SmurffRed Dead Redemption 2 - Page 30 GhelyonRed Dead Redemption 2 - Page 30 Hungry_boyRed Dead Redemption 2 - Page 30 Lol-sign

Invisible Smilies 2012. Join the campaign.
M99
M99
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 27878
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 96

Back to top Go down

Red Dead Redemption 2 - Page 30 Empty Re: Red Dead Redemption 2

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum