Glory
Lucifer
Nishankly
CBarca
sportsczy
86 posters

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

The new king of football - Kylian Mbappe - Page 13 Empty Re: The new king of football - Kylian Mbappe

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun May 28, 2017 2:10 pm

firenze is just processing his disappointment in the face of missing out on Mbappe, that's all it is.

Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

The new king of football - Kylian Mbappe - Page 13 Empty Re: The new king of football - Kylian Mbappe

Post by Firenze Sun May 28, 2017 3:03 pm

nah, we still have a better chance of signing him than City who have 0 chances. I've accepted he's Madrid bound ages ago, don't think we were ever seriously in for him. More annoyed at missing out on Silva.

It's just funny that Pep gets beaten by them in the CL and then decides to raid them for half of their starting 11. Struggling to think of another case where that's happened before.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun May 28, 2017 3:07 pm

Maybe not CL, but teams raid teams that beat them for the title ( or threaten to do so)in their own league all the time.

Juventus and Bayern have basically formed a legacy based on it Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun May 28, 2017 3:35 pm

Firenze wrote:nah, we still have a better chance of signing him than City who have 0 chances. I've accepted he's Madrid bound ages ago, don't think we were ever seriously in for him. More annoyed at missing out on Silva.

It's just funny that Pep gets beaten by them in the CL and then decides to raid them for half of their starting 11. Struggling to think of another case where that's happened before.

Chelsea bought Costa and Luis and got back Courtois after losing to Atletico. Wanted Godin too.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sun May 28, 2017 6:35 pm

Not sure why Firenze thinks Mbappe would prefer to play for Mourinho over Pep after seeing the way Martial and co are misused and mistreated.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun May 28, 2017 6:49 pm

Martial hasn't been misused. He's been given ample opportunities to prove he should start on the left or at striker this season and been lazy and meh almost every time.

The reasons why he would rather come to Utd should be obvious. Strong French contingent atm with Pogbito and Martial, the fact that United are a bigger club and guarantee trophies (shout out to the treble) and the fact we could pay him 300K p/w no problem and exceed any offer made by any club for him.

You think every player dreams of playing for Pep or something? esepcially one that just ruined Pep and City in the CL a few months ago?

not that I think we have much of a chance of signing him at all, just more of a chance than City.

right now it seems like a 50-50 split between hims taying another season at Monaco or going to Madrid, don't see anything else happening..

not like Monaco need to sell .
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sun May 28, 2017 7:15 pm

So how did Martial manage to obliterate teams under LVG last season? What changed? You think Martial decided to just not turn up?

Also, the French contingent doesn't really mean much tbh. And City can pay him 300k/week if they want to. They'll just set up some fraud company to sponsor their new canteen toothpicks or something for 500m/year.

I think players like Mbappe (or attacking players in general) would prefer to play for a Pep team than a Mourinho team at this stage. They know there's a higher chance of their attacking potential being milked by Pep than Mourinho.

And "bigger club" doesn't really mean shit these days tbh. Unless you're Madrid or Barca. And you're not.

Not saying United have no chance of signing him. I just don't think you have a better chance than City do.

He'll go to Madrid if he moves anyway so aye...
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sun May 28, 2017 7:34 pm

Pep's teams create the most chances in the league and most players want the ball at their feet rather than chasing it. If both Mou and Pep are after a baller, the baller is going to pick Pep 9/10 times.

United is going to have to settle for the likes of Griezmann who already plays that type of football with Simeone.

Anyhow I still think Mbappe is joining Madrid, or he could stay at Monaco for another season and use the WC to potentially increase his value even more.

Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by chemicalboy99 Sun May 28, 2017 8:02 pm

Mbappe's just not tall enough to play for United.

The attributes that he does have like lightening pace, technical ability, spacial awareness doesn't translate well into a Mourinho system where he'll have to look to the heavens to locate another ball punted out from defence and registering on local air traffic control and thats just 25% of the usual 30% possession they earn against jobbers and farmers as witnessed by their glorious achievement on being crowned 17th best team in Europe.

Now in order to replicate the achievements of Sevilla next season they surely need "system" strikers like the next Nikola Zigic or a perhaps a homegrown Peter Crouch.

And we know it's coming Very Happy
chemicalboy99
chemicalboy99
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun May 28, 2017 8:15 pm

we were 16th in the long ball statistics for the league this season you clueless cretin

step your banter up

you have 0 chance of signing Mbappe anyway, top players don't go to City.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun May 28, 2017 9:25 pm

Martial is being horribly misused... as is Pogba tbh. If I'm a player with any flair or who wants any kind of freedom to express myself offensively on the pitch, I would stay as far away from Mourinho as I possibly could. He was well in his way of ruining Ozil, Di Maria and Benzema too... and was feuding with CR because he wanted him to play more defense.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sun May 28, 2017 9:38 pm

That's rubbish. Ozil and Benzema have played their best seasons yet under him. Higuain and Di Maria as well, were great for Mou. Ronaldo was scoring every other game. That 11/12 team was a machine. The only reason we didn't win the CL that season was because we got the Clasico the weekend between the semi final legs. Otherwise we would have killed Buyern
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun May 28, 2017 9:43 pm

Yeah, i dont think Mourinho ruined Di Maria, Benzema or Ozil. they were all great under him, all those players reached their limits quickly though, mainly due to the type of football mou played in big games, but they were good.

Martial was having problems with his baby mama and got into his feelings for a huge part of the season, he is a kid, not shocking. then he decided to bulk up and lost his speed. Martial is the main culprit for his shitty season.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by chemicalboy99 Sun May 28, 2017 9:55 pm

Firenze wrote:we were 16th in the long ball statistics for the league this season you clueless cretin

step your banter up

you have 0 chance of signing Mbappe anyway, top players don't go to City.

Like i have time to look at long ball statistics you absolute mong... Laughing

chemicalboy99
chemicalboy99
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun May 28, 2017 11:18 pm

Didn't know there actually was a long ball statistic and by that same thought pattern, who is first?
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun May 28, 2017 11:19 pm

Lol at all of you fighting over him.

He is staying at Monaco for another season.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun May 28, 2017 11:23 pm

Doc wrote:Didn't know there actually was a long ball statistic and by that same thought pattern, who is first?

Burnley IIRC

all I remember is that Arsenal, City, Utd and Soton are in the bottom 4
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun May 28, 2017 11:23 pm

Great Jynx RG, but no need we got this
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon May 29, 2017 4:30 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:Yeah, i dont think Mourinho ruined Di Maria, Benzema or Ozil. they were all great under him, all those players reached their limits quickly though, mainly due to the type of football mou played in big games, but they were good.

Martial was having problems with his baby mama and got into his feelings for a huge part of the season, he is a kid, not shocking. then he decided to bulk up and lost his speed. Martial is the main culprit for his shitty season.

Yeah... Di Maria was floundering as a winger and got benched, Ozil was floundering as a CM and was on his way to getting benched, Benzema just wasn't his "type" of CF... etc. I mean, he even benched Marcelo. Feuds with Ramos, Iker, CR and Pepe.

The only players he had a positive impact on were Arbeloa, Callejon, Lass, Khedira and Varane. All the other guys basically told Mourinho to f off in his 3rd season.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon May 29, 2017 9:19 am

The new king of football - Kylian Mbappe - Page 13 Article-0-1911225600000578-970_634x466

Ozil clearly hates him Laughing
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Mon May 29, 2017 11:16 am

sportsczy wrote:Martial is being horribly misused... as is Pogba tbh.  If I'm a player with any flair or who wants any kind of freedom to express myself offensively on the pitch, I would stay as far away from Mourinho as I possibly could.  He was well in his way of ruining Ozil, Di Maria and Benzema too... and was feuding with CR because he wanted him to play more defense.

Same old drivel.
And for the record and for one last time, just no.
If by misuse you mean not playing Martial in his right position then yea.
I dont know how anyone can blame Mourinho for his management of Pogba.
Even when he was playing poor and doing all sorts of stupid shit for his instagram, Mou kept on bigging him up and defending him. Mou altered the lineup multiple times to get the best out of him.
You must be among the ones who believe what the media is saying and think Pog has had a bad season right? No wonder.

And In case of Martial, people need to know Man United is not some kind of charity.
I have defended the kid for like 80% of the season and have criticized Mou too. But you got to see at least an effort from the lad ffs.

Its not like Martial is some proven world class player that he will get the right to play wherever he wants.

Rashford is nowhere near Martial when it comes to pure talent, but the reason he is playing CF where Martial is being shafted out wide or even worse, getting benched for Lingard is because it appears as if he doesnt even care.

And as for claims of being mismanaged, we have glamour dolls like Pep outright throwing kids like Iheanacho out of the team and Ancelotti depriving record signing Sanches of minutes and No one bats an eyelid. Its only when Mourinho 'mismanages' them, people are crying foul totally overlooking the fact these said kids are at least getting ample game time under him.

I am disgusted by what Mou has done with Fosu Mensah this season, but for the rest of our youngsters at least as far as game time's concerned he has done his job.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon May 29, 2017 12:45 pm

The problem isn't effort... he gives 150% effort every time he's been out there.  The issue is that he won't play the defensive winger position.  He won't and Mourinho can't make him.  And I agree with Martial... he shouldn't play defensive winger.  It's his prerogative to refuse a positional change.

Just like Ozil refused to play CM the way Mou wanted him to.

Mourinho has one system and he wants players to sacrifice to play in it as opposed to figuring out the best system for the group.  He's also extremely negative so it it's not like he's preaching this attractive style (as Pep does for example).  So there's no incentive for attacking players.

It's easy for defensive players to buy into Mou's system. But attacking players who are asked to sacrifice won't... at least not for very long... which is why he has a 2-3 year expiration date.

Man U will find out soon enough. It's year 2 next season. I give him 1 more year before the mutiny.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon May 29, 2017 2:05 pm

i give him at least 10.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon May 29, 2017 7:46 pm

Regarding a move:

"You don't choose when the express train decides to stop for you.  When it does, you certainly have to take it."

Deschamps.

Last edited by sportsczy on Mon May 29, 2017 11:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon May 29, 2017 11:42 pm

We signed mbappe yet?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon May 29, 2017 11:51 pm

Even if we have signed him, nothing would get announced until after the NT games so that the kid has some peace.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next