Glory
Lucifer
Nishankly
CBarca
sportsczy
86 posters

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

The new king of football - Kylian Mbappe - Page 19 Empty Re: The new king of football - Kylian Mbappe

Post by Thimmy Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:57 am

urbaNRoots wrote:Another instance where VAR does the job but you won't see people mention it. Love it.

That's not the issue, though. I'm for VAR, I just think they need to come up with a more efficient way to use it. Before VAR was officially introduced to the sport, I imagined a ref would be watching the monitor constantly with the help of someone who knows how to operate the cameras and whatnot. That ref would communicate with an additional ref who's actually on the pitch. That seemed like a much better solution, but evidently that's not how it works.

Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

The new king of football - Kylian Mbappe - Page 19 Empty Re: The new king of football - Kylian Mbappe

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:02 am

Thimmy wrote:
urbaNRoots wrote:Another instance where VAR does the job but you won't see people mention it. Love it.

That's not the issue, though. I'm for VAR, I just think they need to come up with a more efficient way to use it. Before VAR was officially introduced to the sport, I imagined a ref would be watching the monitor constantly with the help of someone who knows how to operate the cameras and whatnot. That ref would communicate with an additional ref who's actually on the pitch. That seemed like a much better solution, but evidently that's not how it works.

That's fine, I agree with you there. I'm sure with time they'll find a way to make it more efficient but it's good that we've finally embraced technology to help the refereeing.

I was mostly talking the people who don't want VAR at all because bad refereeing is part of the game or some shit. I don't get that at all.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:23 am

Robes, Rincon and myself have been fighting the good fight since August

ProVARErs

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:03 pm

who else can remember when frenzy thought man u was signing mbappe. ended up with scrubs like fellaini eco smile
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:33 pm

Unique wrote:who else can remember when frenzy thought man u was signing mbappe. ended up with scrubs like fellaini eco smile

Mbbape would have been 15 when we signed Fellaini scratch
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:44 pm

Yeah I don't remember any of that either. Sounds very made up.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:21 pm

Firenze wrote:
Unique wrote:who else can remember when frenzy thought man u was signing mbappe. ended up with scrubs like fellaini eco smile

Mbbape would have been 15 when we signed Fellaini scratch

I remember when you thought United was to sign Garrincha but ended up with Marcos Rojo rofl

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:14 pm

Unique just randomly bringing up Firenze and United...lol do you literally have no other topic?
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:26 pm

Thimmy wrote:

That doesn't make sense though. In that case, a red card challenge that a player gets away with for a yellow, play would simply continue. What then, the monitor watching ref says "hey, it's a red card" two minutes later, and the player is sent off?

What if that player injures another player during that time? Scores a goal? Saves a goal? Punches someone in the face?

For offside, let's say they call a goal for team A and the players celebrate, then line up for the kick. They play another 20 seconds and the team B scores. Then they realize that the previous goal was offside. Sure, they can just subtract the goal from team A, but there are some fundamental issues there (instead of being awarded an offside at the spot of the kick, team B progressed forward to the halfway line, changing the course of the game and the next goal that was scored.)

These decisions have to stop the game and cannot be restarted until a decision has been made, because otherwise you're potentially advantaging/disadvantaging a team.

They're long breaks and it's unpleasant, and to my perspective I think it's fantastic to see people actually see what VAR is and the ramifications instead of going on about how it's such a simple fix. With that being said, I'm still in favor. My opinion is that there were always going to be growing pains. It will likely improve and become quicker over time as we figure out exactly how to do that. However, it should also be noted that in the case of red card VAR decisions as well, or penalty decisions, lengthy VAR breaks will always occur and that will not get better.

The fact of the matter is that there are a lot of challenges that are 50/50 and even after seeing it on replay people can have different opinions. VAR was never going to be a simple fix for those decisions.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:55 pm

Hadn't been trolled by France's Mbappé and Dembélé this badly since Gourcuff. Overrated flops Laughing
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:59 pm

Worst post I've ever seen.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:31 pm

Would gladly take those 2 "overrated" players at Madrid over Hazard literally any day.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:33 pm

Martial is a bigger talent than both.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:35 pm

Haven't watched Mbappé so much as I don't watch poverty leagues but Dembélé has been utter shit. Black Deulofeu as futbol called him Laughing Wasteful, unimaginative, terrible final balls, poor attitude, and solely relying on his pace. Worth a fifth of what Barça paid for him and there were people here saying he'll be better than Hazard rofl
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:37 pm

danyjr wrote:Hadn't been trolled by France's Mbappé and Dembélé this badly since Gourcuff. Overrated flops Laughing

The 19-year old " flop " is 4 goals away from reaching Brazilian Ronaldo's champions league tally. Laughing
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:37 pm

danyjr wrote:Haven't watched Mbappé so much as I don't watch poverty leagues but Dembélé has been utter shit. Black Deulofeu as futbol called him Laughing Wasteful, unimaginative, terrible final balls, poor attitude, and solely relying on his pace. Worth a fifth of what Barça paid for him and there were people here saying he'll be better than Hazard rofl
tbf that was only hans Very Happy
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:43 pm

Unique wrote:tbf that was only hans Very Happy

Is that the guy who thinks anyone who has a one hit wonder against Bayern must be the reincarnation of Di Stéfano?
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:42 pm

danyjr wrote:
Unique wrote:tbf that was only hans Very Happy

Is that the guy who thinks anyone who has a one hit wonder against Bayern must be the reincarnation of Di Stéfano?
yup. thats the guy Thumbs up
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:57 pm

what is this obsession with Hazard, he is not even better than Salah
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:36 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:what is this obsession with Hazard, he is not even better than Salah
no body is better than salah Cool
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:53 am

He's coming home for 272 million euros.

Welcome home Mpappe
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:06 am

French journalist Baptiste Ripart - the same one who was ahead of the curve on the contract renewal of Antoine Griezmann at Atlético Madrid and their signing of Lemar - has stated that Real Madrid and PSG have reached an agreement for the transfer of Kylian Mbappé for 272 million euros.

Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:16 am

Valkyrja wrote:French journalist Baptiste Ripart - the same one who was ahead of the curve on the contract renewal of Antoine Griezmann at Atlético Madrid and their signing of Lemar - has stated that Real Madrid and PSG have reached an agreement for the transfer of Kylian Mbappé for 272 million euros.

not gonna happen. :coffee:
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:22 am

Best player at 19 years of age in a long time ffs. Kid needs to stay injury free because this talent can't be wasted

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:02 pm

the club issued a communique to deny it. It's weird, it's the second time we publically deny a transfer rumour in 3 days. I dont remember seeing this. weird
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:08 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:the club issued a communique to deny it. It's weird, it's the second time we publically deny a transfer rumour in 3 days. I dont remember seeing this. weird
i think players are just turning you down tbh. first griz signs a new contract and blows you out then salah signs a new contract and blows you out. looks like mbappe has done the same.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next