Glory
Lucifer
Nishankly
CBarca
sportsczy
86 posters

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

The new king of football - Kylian Mbappe - Page 23 Empty Re: The new king of football - Kylian Mbappe

Post by sportsczy Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:46 pm

And Messi was hyped as the next Ronaldinho despite achieving far less than Mbappe at the same age... and CR was hyped as the heir to Figo actually at that age.

And numpties need to realize that Mbappe is playing on the right and is more of a playmaker/winger right now than a scorer. He would have had 3-4 assists in the WC if Giroud wasn't completely useless with his shots. Once he becomes featured as a scorer, which he still won't with Cavani and Neymar, he'll score 30-40 no problem. He did score 24 goals in 23 starts with Monaco the year before... when he was featured as a scorer.

So yeah, he is killing it.

sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

The new king of football - Kylian Mbappe - Page 23 Empty Re: The new king of football - Kylian Mbappe

Post by guest7 Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:54 pm

But both Messi and CR has surpassed both Figo and Ronaldinho. Their level is higher than that.

If you were hyping him as the next Neymar, I'd probably agree with it. But he has a long way to go to reach THAT high of a level. Consistency for 9 seasons would just be the beginning!
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:09 pm

It's embarrassing that Messi is brought into this conversation.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:10 pm

Que surprisa, that Sports is touting a fellow Fenchman as super star before he actually becomes such! He no doubt will be great, but this over blown hype is without limits!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:54 pm

AT THE SAME AGE.  WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE.

lol.  

Of course he's not as good as Messi or Ronaldo in their prime ffs.  He's still 3 years away from even entering his early prime.... that's why everyone is hyping Mbappe.  Is this so hard to understand?  HE'S 19!

The only caveat is that both Messi and CR are starting to drop off. Stats may not show it yet... but they will. Their influence is waning. So while Mbappe is going up, they're going to come down. It's just natural evolution.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:16 pm

Nicknames him the king of football

Gets mad when people question it

Proceeds to defensively backpedal

Just sports things Proud

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:51 pm

The Sports hype machine is just getting started

You ain't seen anything yet Proud
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:59 pm

Sportsy DID need someone in the form of Kylian, to be honest.

Since the fall of Konvict Karim, whom already was a headache to hype due to his obvious memes associated with the footballer, pitfalls and now decline; Kylian represents everything new France is, along with an exciting player to hype and nothing to meme of as of it.

End of the year it'll feel like 2013 Sports all over again
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:59 pm

I really do rate Mbappe highly. I think he has all the potential to be one of the best. But we need to see how he develops and how he reacts to all of this fame, attention, exposure and injuries. Talent alone doesn't get you to the level of Ronaldo or Messi.

Michael Owen at 18 (nevermind 19) was better than Mbappe is now. But we all saw how he ended up.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:12 pm

Michael Owen was not better than Mbappe. Very good though... when he was 19, not 18. Lacked the movement and technique of Mbappe. Had the blazing speed, which is all you needed back in then in the EPL. Good finisher. They just sent the ball in space behind the defenders and Owen had them beat.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:12 pm

Around the same age, yeah, Mbappe is having a more trophy laden season than both, well, definitely Ronaldo. Messi at 19, while Barcelona was winning stuff (I think they won the League+CL double that year), he played more of a bit part role. Don't think he even made the finals' bench, need confirmation on that (and the entire sentence too).

As for talent, no, Mbappe ain't better than Neymar. Not when he was 19, not now. I'm also having a difficult time in putting him on the same pedestal with Messi or Ronaldo at 19 as well. But if the French wanna compare the boy to those 2 legends, sure, hope he doesn't take it on though.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:13 pm

We're world champions.  We have the best young player in the world.  All you haters can eat me Afro

In a WC final, his play created the Pogba goal and he scored one as well.  Against Argentina, he demolished them.  Was very good against both Uruguay and Belgium too.

Not to mention he played huge for Monaco in his first CL season and did well in this one too.

Neymar is all flash.  Shit attitude to boot.  He doesn't make the sacrifices for the team... it has to be about him first and then the team.  Complete opposite of Mbappe.  He's all about winning... whatever it takes.  LW, RW, CF, tracking back... he'll do it.

Last teenager to have this impact in a WC was Pele (he was 17). End of. No more discussion possible.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:10 pm

Sports hype machine at its finest! cheers Thumbs up :coffee:
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kebab Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:56 pm

Messi at 19 vs Mbappe at 19
after watching messi part, mbappe part starts. at that moment you realise how hard mbappe trying to get past defenders, its like he puts all his energy into it. for messi it was like walking in the park, smooth and easy

i predict mbappe's way of dribbling will last only 5 years, after that he must use another his ability to stay on the top

Kebab
Kebab
Cant go to the last pages in mobile version. There is no page numbers

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:03 pm

It's quite simple really. Messi has more natural talent than Mbappe and that's it.
Mbappe might well be more mature or physically more developed than Messi (or Ronaldo) was at the same age but that only means he'll enter his prime earlier than Messi.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:07 pm

We heard the same sort of Hype re Canales and Jesé! One moment an emerging star and the next a torn ACL and literally end of career. Way too early for this type of hype. But then again, this is Sports!!!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:33 pm

zigra wrote:It's quite simple really. Messi has more natural talent than Mbappe and that's it.
Mbappe might well be more mature or physically more developed than Messi (or Ronaldo) was at the same age but that only means he'll enter his prime earlier than Messi.

differently gifted, not more naturally gifted.  Mbappe's comp isn't Messi or CR or Henry.... it's R9.  Watch R9's teenage years and you'll see the similarities.  

Mbappe is not more gifted than R9.  No doubt about that.  But he's close.  And btw, I think R9 was the most naturally gifted player i have ever seen...  moreso than Messi, Ronaldo, Maradonna, etc.  Pace, power, technique, IQ, finishing, etc.  He was unreal.

Mbappe exudes that pace and physical power that R9 did at an early age.  He didn't need anything else like Mbappe...  he just outpaced/outquicked everyone.  The crazy skill level came around at Inter due to how he was being played.

Mbappe has that skill... I've seen it.  But he hasn't had to show it yet.  No need.  Like R9 early on, he's too strong and fast so why complicate your life too much.  It will come though.  Teams will close the space down at some point (i would think lol).
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kebab Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:05 pm

not more gifted? is mbappe's gift enough to dribble 6 players and score like that at 19?
of course messi was more gifted

Kebab
Kebab

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:09 pm

Kebab wrote:not more gifted? is mbappe's gift enough to dribble 6 players and score like that at 19?
of course messi was more gifted

this is a terrible argument because the greatness of a player is not defined by his ability or not to dribble. You dont see CR dribbling 3 or 4 players like messi to get his goals, et he gets them still. Should we go through all the players in history who were dribbling gods but werent that great players?

Mbappe at 19 is great because of his intelligence, decision making, obviously his great athleticism, his ability to perform in big moments. Messi played a world cup final and i would argue, was not as good as Mbappe in his final. what does that say about messi? get off youtube
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kebab Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:41 pm

Decision making and intelligence argument is a bit pointless because you cant compare it, there is almost no video to watch and remember how messi r9 or cr was at 19 at decision making
Kebab
Kebab

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:57 pm

I'm not going inside the insane "king of football" hype train, but people who want to discredit Mbappe saying he is a speed merchant should just shut it lol anyone who has followed PSG last season knows that he has amazing decision making skills. In the final third he is a nasty passer

He is also a really good finisher, just needs to be more consistent. I remember he had a mare vs Monaco
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kebab Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:08 pm

He plays like Henry, watch this.
same playing style, same speed, same look, same nationality, same food

Kebab
Kebab

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:13 pm

Sturaro isn't less gifted than Dybala. Just differently gifted.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:20 pm

sportsczy wrote:
zigra wrote:It's quite simple really. Messi has more natural talent than Mbappe and that's it.

differently gifted, not more naturally gifted.  Mbappe's comp isn't Messi or CR or Henry.... it's R9.  Watch R9's teenage years and you'll see the similarities.  

Mbappe is not more gifted than R9.  No doubt about that.  But he's close.  And btw, I think R9 was the most naturally gifted player i have ever seen...  moreso than Messi, Ronaldo, Maradonna, etc.  Pace, power, technique, IQ, finishing, etc.  He was unreal.

Mbappe exudes that pace and physical power that R9 did at an early age.  He didn't need anything else like Mbappe...  he just outpaced/outquicked everyone.  The crazy skill level came around at Inter due to how he was being played.

Mbappe has that skill... I've seen it.  But he hasn't had to show it yet.  No need.  Like R9 early on, he's too strong and fast so why complicate your life too much.  It will come though.  Teams will close the space down at some point (i would think lol).

I mean I get that you really like the kid but when I said Messi is more gifted than Mbappe that's exactly what I meant Laughing
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:31 pm

michael owen at this age was NOT as good as mbappe. i don't think the argument is that he'll be as good as other greats because we do not know. surely he has earned some of this hype, michael owen wasn't coming off the back of a world cup win, where he scored in the final as a youngster. canales was a product of spanish media hype after a game against sevilla. i don't blame people for hyping mbappe, because other youngsters who have done little else whether individually or team wise have been hyped just as much if not more.

he has a long career ahead and whilst one can't say where he'll end up, the hype he's gotten so far at least up to this point has been earned. i doubt anyone is making an argument that he's better than other established superstars, because that's not the case at least not yet
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:45 pm

Luca wrote:Nicknames him the king of football

Gets mad when people question it

Proceeds to defensively backpedal

Just sports things Proud

Does he wank over anything French? ffs
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next