+3
Valkyrja
sportsczy
halamadrid2
7 posters

Go down

The Lucas Vasquez thread  Empty The Lucas Vasquez thread

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:09 pm

Can't believe that we don't have a Lucas Vasquez thread Shocked Well let me drop this video to start the thread:

The Club has just confirmed on the official website that Lucas' contract has been extended to 2021 with a nice raise for his commitment and effort he has shown since coming back from the glorified loan Thumbs up
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

The Lucas Vasquez thread  Empty Re: The Lucas Vasquez thread

Post by sportsczy Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:38 pm

Well deserved thread and extension. He has far exceeded my expectations. From the time Callejon and Higuain left, we've lacked spark coming from the bench. Vasquez and Morata have provided that and then some.

It creates competition which is good for everyone imo.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:05 pm

Carvajal and Varane are the future captains. Lucas is arbeloa's heir Proud
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:58 pm

i bet lucase would resent that statement about being arbeloa's heir. he wants to get minutes, play well, and have great games. not be known as some sort of cheer-leader on the bench
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:11 pm

titosantill wrote:i bet lucase would resent that statement about being arbeloa's heir. he wants to get minutes, play well, and have great games and be known as an honest, hardworking teammate who gives his all every time he sets foot at the Bernabeu, who realizes what it means to represent the greatest club in the world, and who does that with pride and courage

Thank you

Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:25 pm

lol, valk, you and i know everytime arbeloa set his foot on the bernabeau grass in the last 4 years at that right back slot we were all in panic. i like hardworking players as much as the next fan, but being hardworking/pride/courage and all these wonderful superlatives can't get you that far if you're playing like crap....

arbeloa may be a fantastic individual and great human being (i don't know him personally), but as far as football is concerned, i hope lucas isn't following that blueprint. arbeloa was practically known more for his tweets and interviews than for his performance on the pitch.....i think he might be our version of what oleguer was to our rivals. (oleguer was definitely a worse footballer than arbeloa, i'd give arbeloa that. at his worst he was still better than oleguer)
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:20 pm

Bang average footballer at this level* Like there is nothing about him that truly stands from a technical aspect but I think this has been his best season in his career. Literally took the starting spot from Bale (which isn't particularly hard) and actually has become an (and I can't believe I say this) integral part of our team.

Can easily be replaced with any better winger out there but I doubt any winger out there would do the sled dog work Lucas has done. So, for the record, I totally appreciate him this season regardless of the outcome.

* - It is important to understand that bang average at this level is still a good footballer. Just, not what Madrid usually looks for.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:27 pm

Give him more credit ffs, Bale is a fantastic footballer. But he is injury prone
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:32 pm

I have never and would never think Bale as a fantastic footballer so whatever credit you are looking for you would not find with me. That's all I have to say on Bale in a Lucas thread.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:46 pm

Doc wrote:Bang average footballer at this level* Like there is nothing about him that truly stands from a technical aspect but I think this has been his best season in his career. Literally took the starting spot from Bale (which isn't particularly hard) and actually has become an (and I can't believe I say this) integral part of our team.

Can easily be replaced with any better winger out there but I doubt any winger out there would do the sled dog work Lucas has done. So, for the record, I totally appreciate him this season regardless of the outcome.

* - It is important to understand that bang average at this level is still a good footballer. Just, not what Madrid usually looks for.

Come on Doc, Lucas and Nacho are of the same mold, good futbolers, not starter material, but excellent bench players that are essential to team.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:52 pm

What did I say wrong about Lucas?
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:48 pm

Doc wrote:What did I say wrong about Lucas?

Doc wrote:Bang average footballer at this level* Like there is nothing about him that truly stands from a technical aspect

Can easily be replaced with any better winger out there

It you meant to say replaced as a starter, I accept your comment, but he should not be replaced as a reserve player. I believe most of posters here have no respect for squad players, yet they are an essential integral part of team. In today’s futbol, you can play competitively with only 15 or 16 players.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down