Alavés v Real Madrid

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Alavés v Real Madrid

Post by sportsczy on Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:42 pm

I came by this thread around the 75 min mark... you would have thought we were down 5-0 Laughing

sportsczy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 on Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:49 pm

@sport, I don't think it'll stop till the end of this season tbh. Even if we win the treble there are people who are going to say we didn't deserve it Laughing

halamadrid2
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc on Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:00 pm

Well, we weren't exactly all that put together but that was once again due to the front 3 doing odd things. But DoC, Adit and Nick have been consistent with their arguments so it's not like its a new thing.

Spoiler:
The Real Treble:
Under 19 World Cup
ICC Men's T20 World Cup
ICC Women's T20 World Cup
Rally around the West Indies. Now and Forever.
Carlos Braithwaite wrote:I hear English tears taste like reparations

Doc
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 on Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:18 pm

I agree we were dreadful for most of this game but you could take alot of positives with you from this game hmm

There are certain things we should be worried about more than the playing style imo and that's the form of the BBC and Varane which is a cause for concern

halamadrid2
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 on Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:24 pm

Of course we should Hala, Danilo was not good, Varane is making too many mistakes, Benzema looks like he does not belong in the starting 11. there are a bunch of things which are concerning

Madridista naci.. Vikingo sere y Merengue Moriré

Mr Nick09
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Dortmund

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 on Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:35 pm

I agree but I'd rather we sort those out before we start thinking about our playing style. There is no point trying to play a certain way that will not guarantee us wins with the type of players we have at our disposal when half the players who are supposed to implement it are playing like they are on an afternoon kickabout in the park.

We obviously disagree on the whole playing style thing which is normal as evefyone have their own opinions they are entitled to. But to complain that ZZ isn't playing a certain way when the players haven't even kicked into form is a bit narrow minded imo

What did you think of our passing under pressure hmm Even against Celta and Bilbao we were very impressive under pressure. Long gone are the days of clearing the ball PL style. Every single defender passes it out of pressure for us nowadays and I think people would see that if they weren't so focused on other things. ZZ is leaving a print on this team in that department and I am liking what I have seen so far from the midfield in particular. Obviously, it's hard to implement it on a grand scale with a stinking frontline but it's impressive nonetheless

halamadrid2
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy on Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:14 pm

I want to see Morata get a couple of starts to see if he can do the same as a regular... it's worth giving him a look to check.

sportsczy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill on Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:46 am

a good game. when we went down a goal, i said to myself here we go again. we had some slip ups, but that was due to individual errors (varane and danilo), than team set-up or coaching style. cristiano had a good game, reminiscent of the old days, that second goal was nice.....should have put the second pk away but oh well

marcelo's assist- xabi alonso-like. fantastic long ball over the defense, i loved it. and a cool calm finish by morata. i think that's the best pass i've seen from marcelo (he had a good pass to raul in the 08/09 season 6-1 win against betis, but it doesn't compare to this one)

morata's really doing something....i had no confidence in him, but like lucas anytime he comes on he brings a spark. its good to have. he's 24, that's not young in football, a lot of good players have been firmly established by that age (not old neither), so he should at this stage be really trying to hit his peak and force everyone to notice him and take him seriously

the midfield did good, and keylor had a save that shifted the tide in our favor. i'm happy with the game and the three points...some scare here and there, but at least we've got the win and still top the table

titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 on Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:37 am

Marcelo would have never made that long ball had Benzema been on the pitch because he doesn't make that type of runs. I think it is important for him to be able to play off the shoulder of the defenders or he'll be too predictable. It's a reason why Atleti find it so easy to defend against him

Also although Bale was bad and has been for a few games, he is the forward who gets the most involved in our build up compared to the other 2. Bale had 37 touches (84% Pa) yesterday compared to the 26 of Benzema (76% Pa) and 28 of Ronaldo (75% Pa). He just needs to make use of the overlapping run of our RB and improve his crosses which are awful.

halamadrid2
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 on Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:50 pm

Agreed and Morata generally makes more runs than Benzema, with and without the ball and he always trying to drive down the pitch. He just has more energy generally when he is on the pitch and participate more.

I respect the goals Benzema has scored so far but he doesnt look well at all. He looks like he is in his 30s, and i suspect he hasnt recovered form that hip injury well. Zidane insists on playing him but his performances are not up to par.

As for Morata starting, Sports you always say it takes time to adjust no? well, Morata has to learn about CR and Bale's preferences when he plays with them, that takes time. It's worth shaking up a bit

Madridista naci.. Vikingo sere y Merengue Moriré

Mr Nick09
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Dortmund

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy on Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:13 pm

It is Nick... but i followed Juve a lot.  There are specific things that Morata failed at as a regular and I want to see if those same things have changed or has he actually developed.

Namely, when defenders are fresher, he takes too long on the ball to release his shots and his passes.  Second, his runs are predictable... when fresh defenders are there to match his pace, he has no counter moves. His CF game isn't varied/developed and, since the moves he does have aren't dominant, it's not enough.

In short, he basically hits a brick wall when he gives max effort the first 30 mins.  After that, he starts to tire and he fades out of the game.

If this is still a pattern (and it was in the 5 games he started for us this season)...  then time of adjustment isn't going to do anything.  If you have the game/technique and you're just not executing it due to new league/new team, then ok.  

We'll see.

sportsczy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage on Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:56 am

I have to say, I have been really impressed with Kova lately. I never thought in a million years Modric's absence would ever go unnoticed; and how can it not? Modric is a WC midfielder and the team is significantly weaker without him.

So naturally when somebody steps in and does well, you have to congratulate them for succeeding at filling the shoes of one of the best midfielders in the world.

Kova, at first, struck me as an inconsistent and slightly undisciplined midfielder with the potential of becoming a super sub at Madrid. Nothing more. But then, he started to improve, slowly becoming more disciplined and less reckless all while clinging tightly to his god-given talent (pace, acceleration, piercing runs, high work rate,...).

You have to be an extremely talented midfielder to make me forget about Modric for a second or two. This guy has done it on multiple occasions recently, and I couldn't be happier for him.

Now, will he continue to impress me or go back to his inconsistent self? That's a question for the future.

What's important now is that Z gives him enough playing time to continue developing. Even when Modric comes back, it's absolutely vital that Kova continues to get enough playing time to sharpen and hone his skills and eventually turn into the world beater I know he's capable of becoming.

We owe it to the kid. It would be a shame to watch such potential rot between the cold and ruthless walls of Madrid. He must be in the spotlights regularly.

Shout-out to Isco as well; he played really well in the last couple games.

We have players Like Kova and Isco who aren't good enough to be undisputed starters at Madrid, but also too good to be glued to the bench. Z must be fair to them and give them enough playing time to keep their youthful sparkle alive.

It's really unfortunate that Case and Modric fell to injuries. But on the bright side, their replacements have shown they're talented enough to wear the white of Madrid and make us proud. Z must remember that and not pick the same starting eleven when everybody is fit.

The Demon of Carthage
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill on Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:16 pm

I'm awaiting to see the answer to that DoC. On one hand with the way he has played everyone except Mariano, you would think when everyone is healthy he would do a lot of rotations. However on the other hand, I can't understand esp. with Benzema's performances vs Morata's why there isn't some rotation at CF.

And if he doesn't rotate, there are too many decent players to get sufficient sub minutes.

However I do like the improvement of team in past 3 or 4 games.

futbol_bill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 12:18 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top