Virgil Van Dijk watch: A new Hope?

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Re: Virgil Van Dijk watch: A new Hope?

Post by Nishankly on Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:58 am

Can't when he's individually with his presence made us better. No way we would gotten anywhere with Klavan-Lovren or even Matip in these matches. Man's a tank.

Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:21 am

vvd is a top class defender and the world knows this. :coffee:

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 on Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:28 am

Wow at the negativity. I've watched Liverpool for their last few matches. VVD is a top defender who's actually really damn good on the ball and physically complete. He has his lapses of concentration but Liverpools defense is night and day without him. Reminds me of Ramos tbh, but better defensively with headers.

Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly on Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:24 pm

Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by BusterLfc on Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:32 pm

I love how today he was constantly shouting to players where to pass and run to create space, he is a leader. Future captain imo.
BusterLfc
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots on Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:45 pm

He's clearly an elite player, money well spent.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:49 pm

https://www.empireofthekop.com/2018/08/12/video-lfc-fans-love-van-dijks-frank-and-quite-rude-instructions-to-mane/

Back to top Go down

Post by BusterLfc on Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:06 pm

Liverpool in the PL since Van Dijk's debut:

-10 goals conceded (least conceded goals of all teams in the league)
-11 clean sheets (most clean sheets in the league)
-7 clean sheets in a row at Anfield
BusterLfc
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze on Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:30 pm

I still don't personally believe that besides aerial prowess he's top tier tbh, decent passer of the ball and gives Liverpool some backbone, but it's pretty hard to argue with those stats. Used to call him the Dutch Williams but honestly, I think the standard of quality for CB's in the PL is dire nowadays he's probably top 3 in this era.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:04 pm

@Firenze wrote:I still don't personally believe that besides aerial prowess he's top tier tbh, decent passer of the ball and gives Liverpool some backbone, but it's pretty hard to argue with those stats. Used to call him the Dutch Williams but honestly, I think the standard of quality for CB's in the PL is dire nowadays he's probably top 3 in this era.
he is a world class CB and is easy the best CB in england imo.

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze on Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:08 pm

rofl

no excuses territory then if you have the best CB in the league, the best player in the league in Salah etc eh

will quote you end of the season

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:09 pm

@Firenze wrote:rofl

no excuses territory then if you have the best CB in the league, the best player in the league in Salah etc eh

will quote you end of the season
dont forget the nabster. cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit on Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:05 am

Reminds me of a younger Kompany. VVD is the best CB in the PL. If Liverpool can win some trophies, I'll be the first to make best CB in the world shouts.

He's a complete CB. He's a leader and has a presence at the back. He's athletically dominant. He has size and quickness, and he's good on the ball. He's arguably the best CB when it comes to aerial defending. Not sure what more you could ask for from a CB.

Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:31 am

@Casciavit wrote:Reminds me of a younger Kompany. VVD is the best CB in the PL. If Liverpool can win some trophies, I'll be the first to make best CB in the world shouts.

He's a complete CB. He's a leader and has a presence at the back. He's athletically dominant. He has size and quickness, and he's good on the ball. He's arguably the best CB when it comes to aerial defending. Not sure what more you could ask for from a CB.
Thumbs up

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze on Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:06 pm

I'm not gonna go and say he's the best CB in the world. I think the overall level for CB's is so shit nowadays compared to what it was a decade ago in general, but he's up there currently. I laughed at how much they spent on him, but when you see teams like us drop 30m here, 30m there for players that turn out to be a dud, it makes sense.

Big part of why Pool are formidable nowadays.

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:30 pm

virgil van goat :bow:

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveSlug on Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:07 pm

I love VVD and think that he is right now the best CB in the world. The thing I find crazy about him is how long of his career was spent at Celtic and Southampton.
LoveSlug
LoveSlug
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly on Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:14 pm

Same, I've not seen someone like since quite a while in Football. We've had everyone rotate around him and he's still managed to keep all these clean sheets.

Unbelievable player and clearly a reason why we are again a force in the footballing world.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze on Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:18 pm

Obviously he had the physical gifts and technical ability, but I think a big part of the reason he's so dominant is that he has an alpha male mentality. He thinks he's the best CB in the world and that he can lock down any attacker he's up against. Too often you get a physically imposing CB, like, say, a Pique but they're mentally frail.

VVD goes into every challenge like he can 100% get the ball and take the players woman at the same time.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler on Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:20 pm

Reminds me of Rio Ferdinand in his prime, but even better, lol.

Definitely best Liverpool transfer since Torres if you ask me (not that I don't rate Mane, Salah or others).

“Football, bloody hell” - Sir Alex Ferguson
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly on Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:23 pm

You should see his interview when he and Allison had a communication error, he said he thinks he didn't make a mistake and we won and that's what matters, he isn't ready to accept a fault ffs.

I mean its amazing if you are a top player in a scrub team getting noticed with great individual performances but you have to be a different class to bring out the best of an entire back 5.

No way Allison would have these many clean sheets in a different team, he's not perfect. No way Robertson and ATA would have the freedom to bombard like right now and have the amount of assists they have for a Full back this season had it been Lovren - Matip at the back.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly on Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:24 pm

That being said, unfortunately he's the only WC player at the club right now, not enough for trophies Sad
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:29 pm

@Nishankly wrote:That being said, unfortunately he's the only WC player at the club right now, not enough for trophies Sad
@Nishankly wrote:That being said, unfortunately he's the only WC player at the club right now, not enough for trophies Sad
liverpool are 2nd in the hardest lge in the world. they are runners up in last seasons champions lge and we are in the QF of this seasons champions lge. the top 2 domestic comps in the world trust me we have more than one world class player.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly on Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:30 pm

@Vlad the Impaler wrote:Reminds me of Rio Ferdinand in his prime, but even better, lol.

Definitely best Liverpool transfer since Torres if you ask me (not that I don't rate Mane, Salah or others).

Suarez was a world class signing imo, baggage weighed him down but he got us to challenge for the title single handedly.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler on Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:30 pm

@Nishankly wrote:You should see his interview when he and Allison had a communication error, he said he thinks he didn't make a mistake and we won and that's what matters, he isn't ready to accept a fault ffs.

SAF said in one of his autobiographical books that Beckham was the same. He never admitted any of his mistakes. He always thought he played perfectly. Fergie said that overall he thinks it was probably Beckham's best trait after his incredibly robust body and his cardio capacity. He said that for Man United it helped much more than it did damage that Beckham was over confident in his abilities and always thought he was great. Unfortunately for him, SAF said he started to think he is bigger than the club and he had to leave, never reaching his full potential (we all know the story). So VVD should be just fine.

Forgot about Suarez. I just dislike his personality a lot and I don't like him, it's almost like he never existed for me in one way. But yes, he was world class.

Last edited by Vlad the Impaler on Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

“Football, bloody hell” - Sir Alex Ferguson
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly on Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:32 pm

@Unique wrote:
liverpool are 2nd in the hardest lge in the world. they are runners up in last seasons champions lge and we are in the QF of this seasons champions lge. the top 2 domestic comps in the world trust me we have more than one world class player.

Spanish league is better than the Premier league? There is a reason why they call it La Liga and the English call it PREMIER league hmm
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next