McAgger
iftikhar
Helmer
Sri
Nishankly
11 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Random Holy lads from the South vs 5 time European Champions - Page 2 Empty Re: Random Holy lads from the South vs 5 time European Champions

Post by McAgger Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:37 pm

Obviously I'm not going to be disappointed if Sturridge starts because he's also quality but I just feel bad for Origi not getting too much game time even though he's been great every minute he's played while Sturridge has had shitty games.

McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Random Holy lads from the South vs 5 time European Champions - Page 2 Empty Re: Random Holy lads from the South vs 5 time European Champions

Post by Art Morte Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:50 pm

lol, 24 posts before the match day and 0 on the match day (until this one 11 minutes before kick-off). And we're one of the most active club sections.

If Cou and Firmino are not tired from their travels, I fancy us winning. Although I don't like the look of our defensive game if we come under pressure, like we probably will at some points.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:52 pm

I'm pumped. We could really put some distance between ourselves and Spurs/United.

Hoping for another magical performance so everyone pisses their pants just thinking about us.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:57 pm

FIFA break, key injuries and away tough fixture, would happily take 0-1.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:51 pm

How good is Van Dijk ffs :bow: Stopped every single one our attacks.

Matip is MOTM on our side.

Mane has been poor today. He's *bleep* up almost every attack with shitty passes, bad touches, or wrong decisions.

Definitely missing Lallana. Neither Can not Gini providing any of the creative or attacking threat he does.

McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:53 pm

People underestimate how important lallana is to this team.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:56 pm

I don't think anybody on this section or any Liverpool fan in general is underestimating Lallana this season. Everybody is praising his importance with every match.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:57 pm

Don't call me James wrote:How good is Van Dijk ffs :bow: Stopped every single one our attacks.

Matip is MOTM on our side.

Mane has been poor today. He's *bleep* up almost every attack with shitty passes, bad touches, or wrong decisions.

Definitely missing Lallana. Neither Can not Gini providing any of the creative or attacking threat he does.

Mané never was technically excellent. I'm more disappointed with Firmino, he's offered nothing against a tough defence like this. Would sub him off for Sturridge, we need more up front than just finishing.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:01 pm

We need Origi more than Sturridge.

Origi can bully Fonte and challenge Virgil better. At the moment Van Dijk is having a laugh at our offense.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:53 pm

I don't know how we can't score one of those chances. Jesus. Frustrating as hell.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:54 pm

Clyne needed to head on target from Sturridge's fantastic cross. Apart from that we created little in the 2nd half. Should have created more with all that possession, but credit to Soton, they still can defend.

A mediocre match all in all, let's take the point and move on.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:56 pm

Don't call me James wrote:I don't know how we can't score one of those chances. Jesus. Frustrating as hell.

"Those" chances, man, we had perhaps one great chance all game.
It was a game full of half-chances or would-be chances, but not exactly chances.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:57 pm

Firmino should have scored his chance when Coutinho put him through on a plate.

Matip should have put his head to Coutinho's fantastic freekick and it was pretty much a goal.

Firmino and Coutinho should have done better when they were 2 on 1 vs Fonte.

Clyne's header chance.

Should have have pen on the Firmino shirt pull.

We had plenty of chances. We just *bleep* around too much. Even in the first Mane should have scored.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:02 pm

Firmino's chance was a great chance, the rest were half-chances or would-be chances. We didn't create enough considering how we dominated them.

Even then, I'm not too disappointed. Soton away isn't an easy game.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:05 pm

I'm just happy we are starting to keep a clean sheet in a game we didn't play well in. I'm happy with the point more than most people because I never thought we could win the title in the first place. but we have a great shot at a top 4 spot.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:55 pm

Unique wrote:I'm just happy we are starting to keep a clean sheet in a game we didn't play well in.

So you rather keep a clean sheet and 0-0 result than win 2-1?
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:01 pm

Don't call me James wrote:
Unique wrote:I'm just happy we are starting to keep a clean sheet in a game we didn't play well in.

So you rather keep a clean sheet and 0-0 result than win 2-1?
not sure where I said that but I must have been drunk at the time. but no my point was last season we would have lost games like that. that's why I spent last season moaning about klopp not fixing it at the back from the very start. you cant win every game 5-1. but if you cant win these games then keep a clean sheet and get out of there with a point.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:17 pm

Unique wrote: a game we didn't play well in.

Maybe our recent form is making us dream too much. See, I thought we did play well. Southampton at home never looked like winning the game. That's pretty good in my book. Karius, again, wasn't really tested at all. Overall we played quite well, just couldn't turn it into clear-cut chances apart from a couple of occasions.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:21 pm

Art Morte wrote:

Maybe our recent form is making us dream too much. See, I thought we did play well. Southampton at home never looked like winning the game. That's pretty good in my book. Karius, again, wasn't really tested at all. Overall we played quite well, just couldn't turn it into clear-cut chances apart from a couple of occasions.
I think we controlled the game but mane coutinho and firmino we a little off the pace today. lost the ball a fair bit and over or under hit that fine pass a bit.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:00 pm

Unique wrote:
Art Morte wrote:

I think we controlled the game but mane coutinho and firmino we a little off the pace today. lost the ball a fair bit and over or under hit that fine pass a bit.

Mané was good, imo, Coutinho all right, but Firmino, well, I was hoping to see Sturridge the first thing in the 2nd half.

But it's no shame drawing Soton down south.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:13 pm

If these are not great chances, I don't know what is.

Firmino chance
Clyne chance
Matip chance from freekick
Coutinho 1v1 chance
Mane chance
Mane throughball chance

And beyond these chances we had more very good half chances like you say. Like the Emre Can chance
Emre Can chance
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:17 am

I'm not really disappointed with the result. The fact that a team like Southampton decided to PtB in their own backyard speaks volumes about us. Also, it's not that we had trouble against such tactic. We had 3-4 very good chances to win the game.

Onward and upward folks.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:57 am

Firmino squanders quite some great chances absolutely inexcusably.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:01 pm

Not disappointed with the result.

Klopp got the line up wrong imo. He should have dropped Coutinho for Sturridge or Origi. Almost the same line up as against Leicester but without Lallana. Without Lallana, it would have been difficult to create chances but we all know Sturridge can convert those half chances into goals. And Wijnladum, Can, Firmino and Hendo would have are no slouch either.

Coutinho in the last 30 minutes would have contributed much more than playing from start. And Klopp waited too long to make subs.

In a way this draw is good that players will be grounded for the all the coming games. So there will be less dreaming and more performances on the pitch.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:12 pm

Helmer wrote:Not disappointed with the result.

Klopp got the line up wrong imo. He should have dropped Coutinho for Sturridge or Origi. Almost the same line up as against Leicester but without Lallana. Without Lallana, it would have been difficult to create chances but we all know Sturridge can convert those half chances into goals. And Wijnladum, Can, Firmino and Hendo would have are no slouch either.

Coutinho in the last 30 minutes would have contributed much more than playing from start. And Klopp waited too long to make subs.

In a way this draw is good that players will be grounded for the all the coming games. So there will be less dreaming and more performances on the pitch.
we missed Lallana big time. he carries the ball from mf into the final 3rd really well something can and Henderson don't do well.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:49 pm

and that is the reason, we should have played differently. But Klopp thought the same style would work and started Coutinho, Mane and Firmino all three who all looked tired. So I dont know how klopp did not notice that in training.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next