Nishankly
Art Morte
48 posters

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down

Donald Trump watch - Page 8 Empty Re: Donald Trump watch

Post by DuringTheWar Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:28 am

Betty La Fea wrote:
Don't call me James wrote:What do western women have to protest about? Really, please explain to me. And don't bring the bs and myth about wage discrimination. The western world is practically build for women.

If anybody should be marching it's the men Laughing

I understand if women in third world countries who are really being oppressed and are really the ones who find themselves in need of equal rights stand up and march.

Theres a reason women around the world are protesting today. It would be in your best interest to at least, earnestly, listen to their viewpoint. Every woman is not making things up as they go.

There's a reason 53% of white women voted for Trump, I suggest it would be in your best interest to at least, earnestly, listen to their viewpoint. And most non white women voted against him for different reasons.

It would seriously help to stay in touch with reality, this stuff isn't really about women at its core.

DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:39 am

Obama/Democrats paid an untold price for demeaning and dismissing the Tea Party movement 7-8 years ago (wiped out historic majorities in both Houses that were never regained and effectively neutered the remaining 6 years of his presidency and thus any hope of implementing his agenda). Could see Trump/Republicans paying the same price if they do the same re this one, should this movement take root and grow like its preceding counterpart did, despite starting out considerably smaller.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:48 am

Betty La Fea wrote:
Don't call me James wrote:What do western women have to protest about? Really, please explain to me. And don't bring the bs and myth about wage discrimination. The western world is practically build for women.

I understand if women in third world countries who are really being oppressed and are really the ones who find themselves in need of equal rights stand up and march.

Theres a reason women around the world are protesting today. It would be in your best interest to at least, earnestly, listen to their viewpoint. Every woman is not making things up as they go.

I bet you 90% of the people actually out there marching don't even know why they are marching Laughing They are just brainwashed idiots who listen to everything today's politically correct radical liberalist media will spew.

There's no reason for these women in the western world to be marching for equal rights. They have all kinds of protected equal rights and then some.

If anything they should stand up and march for their counterparts in the 3rd world countries and bend the arms of politician in those countries to give equal rights to those women that really need it and are really suffering.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:58 am

DuringTheWar wrote:
Betty La Fea wrote:

There's a reason 53% of white women voted for Trump, I suggest it would be in your best interest to at least, earnestly, listen to their viewpoint. And most non white women voted against him for different reasons.

It would seriously help to stay in touch with reality, this stuff isn't really about women at its core.

There are women in America,Australia, Germany, Japan, New Zealand, and Canada among others protesting today. There is an issue if all these women are speaking out.

Don't call me James wrote:
Betty La Fea wrote:

I bet you 90% of the people actually out there marching don't even know why they are marching Laughing They are just brainwashed idiots who listen to everything today's politically correct radical liberalist media will spew.

There's no reason for these women in the western world to be marching for equal rights. They have all kinds of protected equal rights and then some.

If anything they should stand up and march for their counterparts in the 3rd world countries and bend the arms of politician in those countries to give equal rights to those women that really need it and are really suffering.

There are women in third world countries(such as Japan and Kenya also having protests today).

You can dismiss it, and you have that right, but there is a reason a lot of women have finally took to the streets to make their voices heard. These things don't exist in a vacuum. My grandfather told me nobody took black folks serious when they started protesting in his area in the 50's, but then the protests started happening in all the cities and people realized there was legitimate criticisms with what was going on. My hypothesis is that if women in New Zealand don't feel like they are equal to men, and women in South Africa/Canada/Japan/Hungary also hit the streets with these ideas that there is something probably going on.

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:58 am

And lmao at bringing up planned parenthood.

It's not the government responsibility to provide free birth control because the population is too horny.

It also doesn't mean abortions or birth controls will be impossible to get or illegal. Get a job, make money, become a productive member of society and you have EVERY option available to you.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:04 am

@Betty

I have a million problems. Should I go protest every single one of my problems?

As I said I understand women in third world countries protesting and they should. It's a matter of real struggle for them to get their voices heard.

Or even if women in the western world get up to protest the rights of those women in Saudi Arabia, Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria etc. But what 'real' struggle do the average women in the western world have that men don't that they feel they need to march.

If they were marching for human's rights everywhere. Sure. But that doesn't really have much to do with Trump.

The slogan they are marching under 'Women's Right's' is totally idiotic. As if today Trump will take away any rights they had yesterday Laughing
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:09 am

Agreed, plenty more to march against like the Women suffering in places around the World where true sexist inequality exists. This has been hijacked and turned largely into a Trump protest Laughing

Plenty of women out there marching for...? They won't even know. I tell you now no women I have crossed paths with here has any less rights or opportunities than I do.

I'm a feminist in the direct sense of the word, equality for women. Everybody should be. But out of these crowds I wonder how many women from standard to privileged backgrounds are out there not in protest for any meaningful reason but for some 'down with the patriarchy' (The one that doesn't exist) bullshit.

Do people think Trump is going to wake up next Week and throw his weight behind sexist laws or something? Laughing
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:12 am

Don't call me James wrote:@Betty

I have a million problems. Should I go protest every single one of my problems?

As I said I understand women in third world countries protesting and they should. It's a matter of real struggle for them to get their voices heard.

Or even if women in the western world get up to protest the rights of those women in Saudi Arabia, Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria etc. But what 'real' struggle do the average women in the western world have that men don't that they feel they need to march.

If they were marching for human's rights everywhere. Sure. But that doesn't really have much to do with Trump.

The slogan they are marching under 'Women's Right's' is totally idiotic. As if today Trump will take away any rights they had yesterday Laughing

Trump said on CNN there should be punishment for women who get abortions. That is directly speaking against women.

Also planned parenthood does a lot of things to help low income women.Its very easy to say they should just get a job, and handle it themselves, but that is not the realities of capitalism. It is also not the realities of our economy.

Your problems, I'd wager, do not exist solely based on the fact you were born with an X and a Y chromosome. Everybody has issues, but that does not take away from the fact that women, worldwide, feel they have a legitimate gripe with the current system.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:19 am

Tomwin Lannister wrote:Agreed, plenty more to march against like the Women suffering in places around the World where true sexist inequality exists. This has been hijacked and turned largely into a Trump protest Laughing

Plenty of women out there marching for...? They won't even know. I tell you now no women I have crossed paths with here has any less rights or opportunities than I do.

I'm a feminist in the direct sense of the word, equality for women. Everybody should be. But out of these crowds I wonder how many women from standard to privileged backgrounds are out there not in protest for any meaningful reason but for some 'down with the patriarchy' (The one that doesn't exist) bullshit.

Do people think Trump is going to wake up next Week and throw his weight behind sexist laws or something? Laughing

There will always be a bigger issue when framed in that way though won't there?

People marching in any Western nation can be shamed with such thinking by showing more suffering elsewhere.

It isnt any solace to tell a woman, who feels she is being wronged, that she has it better than some woman living in a far off land. It seems like it would be much easier to see why she feels like she is being wronged, and to try to find a solution for the problem she faces(or feels she faces)

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:30 am

Betty La Fea wrote:

Trump said on CNN there should be punishment for women who get abortions. That is directly speaking against women.

Also planned parenthood does a lot of things to help low income women.Its very easy to say they should just get a job, and handle it themselves, but that is not the realities of capitalism. It is also not the realities of our economy.

Trump's administration is not even against women's rights. Millions of women voted for this.

And you are wrong. That comment is directly speaking about abortions. Trump is against abortions like half the country is. Like 99% of republicans are. You would be stupid to think any other republican who got into to office instead of him wouldn't have cut Planned Parenthood either.

Let me tell you something about the liberal media and the ultra left wing brain washed idiots, they would be protesting any republican president right now. They got super lucky that it's Trump. They actually have plenty of things on him to complain about.

Anyways, I'm not a Trump supporter. I didn't vote for him. I don't feel the need to speak on his behalf on a football forum.

I do, however, have a huge problem with idiots who take things too far. Like the people who were rioting yesterday and wrecking havoc in DC. Like these women marching for the dumbest reasons I've ever heard.

The collective march is powerful but it's a herd mentality at the moment. More than 90% of the marchers don't even know exactly why they are out there other than the leftist media told them to hate Trump and that Trump is some sort of women hating devil. None of which is true.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:43 am

Don't call me James wrote:Trump's administration is not even against women's rights. Millions of women voted for this.

Abortion is a woman issue, for the most part, because the argument is framed by their choice over their body. Wanting to establish a punishment for this would directly be against a right many women have now.

Don't call me James wrote:And you are wrong. That comment is directly speaking about abortions. Trump is against abortions like half the country is. Like 99% of republicans are. You would be stupid to think any other republican who got into to office instead of him wouldn't have cut Planned Parenthood either.

The republican in office now is Trump though. What an other republican would do is a nonissue since none of them hold the highest office at this point, and he does.

Don't call me James wrote:Let me tell you something about the liberal media and the ultra left wing brain washed idiots, they would be protesting any republican president right now. They got super lucky that it's Trump. They actually have plenty of things on him to complain about.

The Liberal media, during this election, showed an empty trump Podium(CNN,MSNC, and FOX) during primaries where Sanders was speaking and had won states that same night. The idea these people are ultra left, after giving Trump all of the free press he could have ever asked for the past 2 years during his white house run is simply not an idea based in reality. The media serves a corporate interest, and is made mainly for the average American sitting centrist on most issues. Do you really feel an ultra left media would have hired Trump's old campaign managers to speak about political issues during this election?

Don't call me James wrote:Anyways, I'm not a Trump supporter. I didn't vote for him. I don't feel the need to speak on his behalf on a football forum.

I do, however, have a huge problem with idiots who take things too far. Like the people who were rioting yesterday and wrecking havoc in DC. Like these women marching for the dumbest reasons I've ever heard.

This country only exists because of idiots wrecking havoc. The boston tea party was literally a hijacking of british product, and dumping it into a river. From this act of vandalism came a movement which created the nation we both live lives of luxury in.

Don't call me James wrote:The collective march is powerful but it's a herd mentality at the moment. More than 90% of the marchers don't even know exactly why they are out there other than the leftist media told them to hate Trump and that Trump is some sort of women hating devil. None of which is true.

You are right the herd mentality plays a role in this, but surely something is there. Its not like we have a monolithic group of women out here protesting.

If Women in Australia,Asia,Africa,Europe,And the Americas are all protesting today because they feel like they hold a lesser position in society then surely there must be SOMETHING to this don't you think? I mean, we are talking about a vast group of people Do you know how hard it is to get such a vast group of people to agree on anything? Much less agree enough to get out of the house and actually protest in the streets about it. I could submit its just a bunch of followers if it was strictly hashtags on twitter or something, but there are women out here in the streets saying they are unhappy. We have to be ready to listen to their grievances if we are going to advance as a human race honestly.

Back to top Go down

Post by footyfan01 Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:31 am

James is like Ellsworth, a delusional ignoramus.

Anyways good that people protested against Modern Hitler. If you won't protest him whom would you protest. Abortion rights are on the line where overwhelmingly people support & which is massively supported by young people (Roe vs Wade was a 7-2 win many decades back in a Conservative court).

The fact that it is being debated it because lunatic religious freaks & radical extremists have taken over.

People shouldn't have to respond to ignoramuses like James who know absolutely nothing.

John Kasich ad (Amazing ad)

footyfan01
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:44 am

Planned parenthood does a lot more then that. You've never had an STD before have you James. Because they're a godsend when you need it. Trust me
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:16 am

Argue the politics and the media all you like, but going against planned parenthood is the most unnecessary thing in the world. It helps with so many problems and make so much sense; unless, of course,you are a religious nut.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:09 pm

Billionaire George Soros has ties to more than 50 ‘partners’ of the Women’s March on Washington

http://nytlive.nytimes.com/womenintheworld/2017/01/20/billionaire-george-soros-has-ties-to-more-than-50-partners-of-the-womens-march-on-washington/
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:35 pm

footyfan01 wrote:James is like Ellsworth, a delusional ignoramus.

Anyways good that people protested against Modern Hitler. If you won't protest him whom would you protest. Abortion rights are on the line where overwhelmingly people support & which is massively supported by young people (Roe vs Wade was a 7-2 win many decades back in a Conservative court).

The fact that it is being debated it because lunatic religious freaks & radical extremists have taken over.

People shouldn't have to respond to ignoramuses like James who know absolutely nothing.

John Kasich ad (Amazing ad)

You've flown off the deep end bro, Glenn Beck level madness

No one can say paranoid irrationality is exclusively a fringe right phenomenon anymore. These nutbars literally think Trump's a nazi. They are a threat to democracy.

(Also, gallup surveys on abortion show its roughly equal the number of Americans who support it and are against it)
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:12 pm

Trump isn't a Nazi, but am I the only one concerned with the fact that within the last week, he's removed scientifically proven fact on a government website about climate change, as well as then going on the offensive to the media about the numbers at his rally, spitting out complete BS numbers?

The first instance shows a lack of care for the truth. The second instance shows he'll deliberately attempt to skew the truth and attack the truth if it paints him in a negative light. He called CNN fake news the other day as well.

I've had hope he might change if he got in office (mind, I was sure that wouldn't happen but he deserved the chance at least). That hope is fading quickly.

Wouldn't be surprised if Trump was pumping out propaganda for his reelection by the end of his term with the road he's on.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:23 pm

http://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/wh-spokesman-gave-alternative-facts-inauguration-crowd-n710466

Alternative facts rofl Laughing

What even is this

Plagiarism of Bane and admitting lying to the public. This is so surreal
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:06 am

I think we need our resident conservatives to explain to us the definition of "alternative facts".

I can't seem to find anything resembling a coherent explanation of it, which isn't surprising.

Sounds like some shit Walternate would say in a "Fringe" episode.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:37 am

Juve won the CL in 2015
#alternativefacts
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:38 pm

The left continues its descent into madness:

https://archive.is/YxIZR

I think the realisation that conservatives also participate in the democratic process, and can, sometimes, in a free society, win, has caused irreparable psychic trauma after 8 years of stanning for Obama.
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:29 pm

Conway tells the media Trump is never releasing his tax returns, then 180's a day later, saying he'll release them after audit.

My lord, the incompetence. This after the "alternative facts" fiasco rofl
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:02 pm

During the War - Can you explain what "alternative facts" are?
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:00 pm

McLewis wrote:During the War - Can you explain what "alternative facts" are?

I don't know, an example of misspeaking perhaps, or just a stupid phrase. More importantly, can you explain why every innocuous thing, whether this or a spelling mistake in a tweet, garners so much attention and news coverage?
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:10 am

DuringTheWar wrote:

I don't know, an example of misspeaking perhaps, or just a stupid phrase. More importantly, can you explain why every innocuous thing, whether this or a spelling mistake in a tweet, garners so much attention and news coverage?

Trump's Press Secretary throwing a straight up hissy fit over something as stupid and insignificant as crowd numbers iand then his top communications aid trying to spin it using a term as bizarre as "alternative news" is going to draw attention. And rightly so. They have only themselves to blame for any unwanted attention.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:14 am

DuringTheWar wrote:

Because the president of the united states calling a press conference on a Saturday (highly unusual) to have his press secretary explain that the numbers were not bad and how the press' treatment of it made him feel makes a lot of people think that he's unhinged, and that's newsworthy.

I'm with you though, I'd rather him gutting Obamacare or pulling out of NAFTA were getting as much attention as all these side shows, but American media showed this election that they are in it for the entertainment and not to educate and inform their viewership.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next