Manchester United Vs Arsenal

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Manchester United Vs Arsenal

Post by urbaNRoots on Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:29 pm

I'm tired of Wenger shoehorning Ramsey into the team as soon as he comes back, he's treated like a super star but hasn't performed consistently for us in 3 years.

urbaNRoots
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner on Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:42 pm

I just want him to start Xhaka-Ramsey-Ozil and see how that goes
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner on Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:51 pm

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo on Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:41 pm

Lets face it Ozil & Sanchez went missing yesterday and no one stepped up. Except Ox & Giroud when it was damage limitation.

On Xhaka I don't think it was necessarily a bad decision. Elneny & Coq offer a lot more protection for the defence and at OT you need it. Xhaka -v- Pogba could have been disastrous. 

Coq has a very good game as a matter of fact.

The Wenger blaming uncalled for (yet again) - There were a few toss ups up front with Ox, Iwobi & Giroud but I suspect Ramsey was there to offer more protection to a worrisome Jenks. Good idea!

All in all I think the tactics were fine - just our top players didn't show up. We actually played OK in the first half.. second half fell apart until late on.
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 on Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:53 am

Ramsey played on the left, not right. His protection was poor as Valencia had the beating of him every time. Our right hand side was fine as Jenkinson did okay, then United focused their attacks down our left like every team does - and what a shock a goal came from that side yet again.

Wenger said he chose that midfield to better match United physically but Elneny and Coquelin were bouncing off Pogba Laughing Not to mention looked extremely slow moving across the pitch.
Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans on Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:20 am

Elmeny especially looked slow, he wasn't able to keep up with the pace of the game.
Which isn't suprising if you're on the bench most of the time, with no string of games to get into competitive rhythm.

World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Bayern Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ on Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:17 am

In Elneny, Ramsey and Jenkinson, we took three players who haven't consistently started all season and went to Old Trafford looking to match United's intensity and actually overwhelm them physically.

Ramsey offered very little defensively and drifted in, as he always does, making our play more narrow and isolating Monreal when he was behind him or leaving our left flank completely exposed when Monreal was further up the pitch.

MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots on Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:05 am

@RealGunner wrote:

How can you be so angry after a draw at Old Trafford? Yes it was a CRAP performance and yes we have had quite a few of these performances this season but at the end of the day it's a point at Old Trafford. I would've taken that before the game started.

World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner on Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:11 pm

The manager conceded that a draw was a fair result and explained why he chose to field all three of Aaron Ramsey, Mohamed Elneny and Francis Coquelin.
“I knew it would be a bit more of a physical battle so I chose players who have experience and fight,” Wenger told Arsenal.com.

“That’s why my selection was because of that. At the end of the day, everyone gave their maximum and there is a special spirit in the squad. That’s why we came back, because the players who came on made the difference. That’s remarkable.

“Considering the first half, yes [it was a fair result]. We had a lot of possession but in the second half when we came out of the dressing room, we dropped. We offered less going forward, but when we were 1-0 down we found the resources again.

“We want to be about style and steel but today we were more about steel than style. There’s a remarkable resilience in the squad and that’s why we came back to 1-1. We didn’t have the usual fluency in our game. Was that because Manchester United blocked us well? I think it was because we were also not at our best going forward.”

what do you guys make ofthis?
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner on Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:23 am

@urbaNRoots wrote:I'm tired of Wenger shoehorning Ramsey into the team as soon as he comes back, he's treated like a super star but hasn't performed consistently for us in 3 years.

PREACH

World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top