+4
Unique
Helmer
iftikhar
Nishankly
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Battle for Stanley Park AKA Merseyside Derby Part I Empty Battle for Stanley Park AKA Merseyside Derby Part I

Post by Nishankly Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:47 pm

MUST WIN

Team news:

Matip is a major doubt.
Sturridge and Can lack match practise but all 3 will be back for the next game!
In other news, Coutinho is off crutches and should begin light training next week (1.5 weeks ahead of schedule) Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

MIGNOLETINANYGOALS
Clyne Klavan Lovren Milner
Wijnaldum Henderson Lallana
Mane Firmino Origi

Huge match regardless of the season.
YNWA
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Battle for Stanley Park AKA Merseyside Derby Part I Empty Re: Battle for Stanley Park AKA Merseyside Derby Part I

Post by iftikhar Sat Dec 17, 2016 4:57 am

Nishankly wrote:MUST WIN

Team news:

Matip is a major doubt.
Sturridge and Can lack match practise but all 3 will be back for the next game!
In other news, Coutinho is off crutches and should begin light training next week (1.5 weeks ahead of schedule) Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

MIGNOLETINANYGOALS
Clyne Klavan Lovren Milner
Wijnaldum Henderson Lallana
Mane Firmino Origi

Huge match regardless of the season.
YNWA
Yes, I too want Firmino to play centrally with Mane and Origi cutting-in from wide.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Battle for Stanley Park AKA Merseyside Derby Part I Empty Re: Battle for Stanley Park AKA Merseyside Derby Part I

Post by Helmer Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:29 am

The world is going to be uprightdoewnleft if we lose this one with Kopp in charge. We need to keep on getting 3 points to make sure we create a considerable gap between 5th and ourselves

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:23 pm

We have to win no questions asked.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:53 am

i can see everton winning this one tbh. Crying or Very sad
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:39 pm

I dont see us losing.

This thread seems a bit dry for a Merseyside derby.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:44 pm

Getting excited but also worried. Lukaku is 100% going to score if we let Everton good spells in the match. On the other hand, their defence isn't great, I fancy us getting a few. A 3 - 2 victory incoming, then.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:21 pm

is matip back for this
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:02 pm

Matip and Can passed fit, No idea if they'll start though. Its at Goodison and they are one of the loudest in the PL. Not sure if Mane, Wijnaldum, Matip and certainly not Karius would understand the intensity.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:09 pm

Why wouldn't they understand the intensity? Mignolet is starting regardless.

Clyne - Matip - Lovren - Milner
Henderson
Lallana - Wijnaldum
Mane - Firmino - Origi

Get it done. This is a massive game for us in many ways and I really hope that Klopp brings the lads ready to take it to Everton.

YNWA
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:13 pm

Funes Mori is the easiest and latest example of a new player getting carried away during the derby.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:16 pm

Everton isn't in good form, but it's a derby and form goes out of the window. If we can keep it sensible at the back, we will win.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:34 pm

Liverpool need to play their natural game and they will win it by flying colours. If however as they did against mounited in first half, get bogged down by occasion we may see some unforced errors which can turn the game upside down

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:16 pm

No Matip, DCMJ rant incoming Wink Razz
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:49 pm

Our players are having a wank out there. It's the *bleep* DERBY WAKE THE *bleep* UP.

Firmino and Hendo again 2 of the worst players on the pitch.

I like Can way more Wijnaldum at the moment. His timidness to do anything himself just does my head in. Always defers to someone else. If Coutinho is playing that wouldn't be a problem but it is a problem right now. At least Can grabs the game by the balls and tries things.

Klavan our MOTM so far.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:53 pm

A very, very boring Merseyside derby so far. We need Coutinho back so bad.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:59 pm

Who cares about the performance. 3 points baby :bow:

We had about 5 clear chances to score. So even if the performance wasn't so good the scoreline flatters Everton who didn't create shit all game (even the first 20 mins).
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:12 pm

Don't call me James wrote:Who cares about the performance. 3 points baby :bow:

We had about 5 clear chances to score. So even if the performance wasn't so good the scoreline flatters Everton who didn't create shit all game (even the first 20 mins).
I think it was a good performance tbh. we dug in and defended well and took the chance when it came. we were under the cosh in the first half but we kept it tight at the back exactly what you should do in games like that. took the sting out of everton then dominated the 2nd half.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:31 pm

HUGE WIN. I can't really blame Origi, He could never get in the game.

Klavan :bow:
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:32 pm

Lovren was very good too.

But Klavan MOTM.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:40 pm

Just happy Lovren survived 90 minutes.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:02 am

That was a wonderful performance, defend...hold on...wait for the right chance and score.

But Why does Kopp wait so long to make a substitution ? It is really seems to be one of his weaknesses.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:14 am

I wouldn't say it was wonderful performance. In a wonderful performance we would have started well and matched their intensity from the beginning which we didn't. We waited until second half to wake up. Origi would have scored his easy chance in the first half. Firmino would have scored his easy one on one. Firmino would also have scored his chance at the death. And the score would have been quite the easy peasy 4-0.

Today we got lucky that our missed chances didn't cost us and we were able to snatch it at the death otherwise we would have paid with 2 points.

The result is wonderful of course and it's much more fun to win in the 95th minute in a derby.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:07 am

What was wonderful about the performance was our dominance after the first 20 minutes. Everton had just one shot on target at home and never looked like consistently threatening. Our own attack wasn't great, but Everton barely had any, very happy with the way we showed our superiority in midfield.

Firmino is a worry, he just doesn't function anywhere else but the penalty area and its close proximity. I'm hoping Sturridge will get more minutes than just late substitute ones in the Xmas and New Year matches.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:12 am

Agree it would have a 3-1 loss under Rodgers imo, We weathered the storm and then settled and then dominated them at such magnitude that everyone forgot Everton started better. That was great character.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next