BarrileteCosmico
McAgger
M99
Freeza
RealGunner
41 posters

Page 8 of 38 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 23 ... 38  Next

Go down

The Official Netflix, Disney+, Amazon and HBO Max Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Official Netflix, Disney+, Amazon and HBO Max Thread

Post by Freeza Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:28 pm

Myesyats wrote:In Polish, roach means płotka which is a feminine noun. That's why I said 'she'.

And since the games and books are Polish, I'm in the right. hmm

In English it's cockroach hmm Since it's a woman they could cast Srah Jessica Parker, haven't seen her in a while.

Also. Anson Mount or Jim Caviezel would be great for Geralt. Not huge acting required to have sex and look good.

Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

The Official Netflix, Disney+, Amazon and HBO Max Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Official Netflix, Disney+, Amazon and HBO Max Thread

Post by Myesyats Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:36 pm

I guess in English roach could mean both cockroach and the kind of fish. In Polish, however, it has only one meaning and it's feminine.

I could see Travis Fimmel as a decent Geralt. His Ragnar character from Vikings is kinda similar to Geralt in terms of personality and he's just an insanely good actor.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:49 pm

This show needs to happen before I die... Even if it's bad I'll love it.

Can't wait to see casting news. Curious to see if they'll cast any Polish actors. Only really know Olek Krupa from the ones I can google.

Of Polish heritage there's always Yvonne Strahovski who could be a great Yennefer.

I know Vikings cast a lot of Danish, Swedish and Norwiegian actors. So it would make some sense to give some sort of authenticity.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:52 pm

Roach is a she, they mention it numerous times during the games.

Especially during the hilarious side quest in Blood and Wine.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:58 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Roach is a she, they mention it numerous times during the games.

Just assumed Geralt was training Roach by emasculating him.

Never played the expansions hmm
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:59 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Roach is a she, they mention it numerous times during the games.

Yeah, that quest is sooo hilarious. It's a she but they still gave her a man's voiceover in the Polish version of the game. Is it the same for the English version? Laughing
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:05 pm

Yeah Laughing The actor was very good actually.

BTW i should mention this but Jaskier is Dandelion, that's just what he's called in the non-English translations.

Really excited for Leo Bonhart tbh, his art work and card text in Gwent paints a very vivid picture of how i imagine him now even if i haven't read the books he's involved in.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:07 pm

Freeza wrote:

Just assumed Geralt was training Roach by emasculating him.

Never played the expansions hmm

If you get the time you really should tbh, in some ways they are better than the main game.

HoS has the best story arc full stop IMO.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:15 pm

Yeah... when I first saw the name Dandelion being mentioned I was like who the hell is that guy Laughing But obviously I googled him right away.

I haven't played the English version but I've seen people play it on Youtube and if I'm being honest it feels like you've kinda been robbed in terms of the dubbing. It's SO much better in Polish and the voices are way more fitting for each character. Everyone here made fun of the English voiceover at the time because its just really bad in comparison.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:17 pm

That doesn't surprise me tbh, but it's what we know so to us it's great Laughing

Mean in general anyway, the Dandelion voice is weird regardless but it's what it's always been so i don't know what the alternative is.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:20 pm

The first one is ridiculous in English. Ridiculous game in general. You can literally *bleep* anyone rofl

Hope the movie is like the first game
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:25 pm

Been reading through her twitter feed now. Seems like they’re fully aware that this show could be their biggest hit if done right and they really don’t want to f it up. God I wish they make it. Fantasy is my favourite genre, but outside LOTR and Star Wars it’s hardly ever done right. Mainly because LOTR kind of perfected traditional fantasy and Star Wars used non-fantasy aesthetics in their fantasy film.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:29 pm

I fully expect them to *bleep* it up tbh, that's my base expectation.

That way i can be pleasantly surprised if they actually create a show worthy of the name.

Either way if it sucks i'll still have the games hmm
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:31 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I fully expect them to *bleep* it up tbh, that's my base expectation.

That way i can be pleasantly surprised if they actually create a show worthy of the name.

Either way if it sucks i'll still have the games hmm

Life is too short to be pessimistic, my dear friend.

Then again. It’s hard for me to always expect the best. Then again I liked Warcraft despite it failing
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:33 pm

Amazon got rights rights to Wheel Of Time AND Dark Tower TV series @Kaladin

Not to mention they have LOTR too.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:34 pm

I prefer to consider it realistic tbh hmm

Although i do agree live is too short, tbh i know/love the characters and world so quite frankly even if it was 6/10 worthy i'd probably still enjoy it tbh.

They'd have to do an absolutely horrendous job for me to hate it.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:37 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I prefer to consider it realistic tbh hmm

Although i do agree live is too short, tbh i know/love the characters and world so quite frankly even if it was 6/10 worthy i'd probably still enjoy it tbh.

They'd have to do an absolutely horrendous job for me to hate it.

Exactly how I felt about Warcraft.

Gotta finish the games again.. been lazy. My finger needs to heal first though.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:45 pm

Have you guys played the game many times? I tried to replay it but i just can't get into it. I just can't stand doing the same quests and hearing the same dialouges all over again. The concept of replaying a game several times just seems odd to me.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:47 pm

I don't usually, but with Witcher 3 i have multiple times. I couldn't explain why tbh, it's just a comfort zone for me.

Every time i put it on i enjoy it and i know i will, where as trying new games knowing i might not like it.

Most people all have that one game where they feel that way.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:50 pm

I played it twice and enjoyed it both times. One of the few I loved doing a 2nd playthough. But I mostly enjoyed it because I opted for a different build and also took different decisions and also found a lot of new quests that i missed in my first playthough.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:28 am

Is The Witcher book worth reading? I've heard the translations are quite bad
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:15 pm

Does 'The Good place' gets better after 2 episodes?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:16 pm

RealGunner wrote:Does 'The Good place' gets better after 2 episodes?

Are you trying to kill me today?

It gets better each episode imo. And the season finale is incredible.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:38 pm

Altered Carbon was soooo good. And nice with a Swedish actor
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:22 am

:facepalm:
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:28 am

McLewis wrote:

:facepalm:

Laughing
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 38 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 23 ... 38  Next