BarrileteCosmico
McAgger
M99
Freeza
RealGunner
41 posters

Page 21 of 38 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 29 ... 38  Next

Go down

The Official Netflix, Disney+, Amazon and HBO Max Thread - Page 21 Empty Re: The Official Netflix, Disney+, Amazon and HBO Max Thread

Post by RealGunner Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:06 pm

Watched 2 episodes of Criminal

It's okay. Nothing special. Line of Duty is miles better tbh.

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Official Netflix, Disney+, Amazon and HBO Max Thread - Page 21 Empty Re: The Official Netflix, Disney+, Amazon and HBO Max Thread

Post by rincon Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:29 pm

Myesyats wrote:
Lucifer wrote:Just watched Bill Burr special Paper Tiger. Man started off where Chappelle stopped Laughing

Burr's was funnier than Chappelle's though. I very much prefer his style.

This Burr special was way funnier for me than Chapelle's latest one. This was sort of what Chapelle was going for.
BarrileteCosmico wrote:
rincon wrote:Chapelle is my top english speaking comedian. Would never call this latest special garbage, it was good, it just wasn't Chapelle-good.

His last one and most if his other ones were better. Nothing to do with controversy, he has the tact and the delivery on point, but just some of it wasn't lough out loud great. Loved the LGBTQ car analogy.

Not his strongest special.
wondering what your top non English speaking comedians are now. Don't think I follow any Spanish speaking comedians, most argentine ones I know of are trash

My favorite is Emilio Lovera, legend in comedy in Venezuela, but probably not so accessible for other countries.

A hit in various countries I always remember is Andres Lopez from Colombia. Blew up like 10 years ago and everyone I know saw his stuff, so you probably have as well. If not, check out his special "la pelota de letras", strongly recommend it and it is not country-exclusive in the topic.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:36 pm

Watched mindhunter and it was fantastic. Now on season 2 of Fargo. Also fantastic Thumbs up
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:06 am

I posted my review in a different thread:

CBarca wrote:While we're on the subject of stand up comedy, anyone find Bill Burr's recent special a bit of a let down?

I enjoyed both his and Chappelle's recent stand up specials, but both were way too obvious at times, in their criticism of outrage culture. It was like low hanging fruit that I expect Dave and Bill to try and take on in more inventive ways.

To the credit of both of them (particularly Burr), they did have some clever bits. I'm not saying the whole set was cheap from both of them, or I'd be here talking both of those specials down as beneath their comedy. They did have a decent amount of clever bits, but in between there was a lot of low hanging fruit they hit that just wasn't up to par with their usual stuff.

The other thing about Burr is that he's gone, IMO, a little too hard at times on the "angry, yelling" thing he does. Listen to him on his podcast and that shows up here and there, but most of his takes are delivered without the constant yelling. He takes it to another level in his recent Netflix stand up specials. Hell, look at his old specials and usually he's outraged about something but in a more thoughtful, less stereotypical/caricaturish way.

I guess I just am not a fan of the way Burr's delivery has evolved over the last two specials. Look at his most recent special and compare it to "I'm Sorry You Feel That Way" or "You People are all the Same" and it's way different.

I will say this though, his bit about his dad and his bit about his dog were both brilliant and not just as comedy, but as commentary about the complex nature of masculinity. Any guy knows exactly what he's talking about, and the way he put it is nothing short of amazing.

For me Bill Burr is still at the top of comedy right now. Like I said though, I find his delivery declining and in his most recent special I found his bits to be inconsistent at times. Still enjoyed the watch though.

Overall it was a bit disappointing I think. I went back amd watched some of his old stuff and I immediately knew my gut reaction was correct. It's still good (it really picks up halfway through) but it's just not as good as past specials. It's too bad because you would think this current climate would result in a lot of good comedy
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:26 pm

man's watching that new Top Boy season

pretty good tbh, don't remember much about the older version burt you can watch this without knowing any of it
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:27 pm

Speaking of stand ups. I've seen limited Carlin, but I consider him one of the GOATs. He's got some great material.

Just came across this clip, and I really became sad, because I feel like his voice would be so needed today

Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:20 pm

Peaky Blinders just came in Netflix France and i've started it. Seems fun.

South Park season 15 onwards also has been uploaded.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:23 pm

Peaky Blinders season 5 is not as action-packed as one would have hoped but it's still a lot of fun. And by "a lot", I mean A LOT. After 4 seasons, they proved they can still pack a punch.

These Birmingham accents is English at its peak. Love it. One of the greatest TV series.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:29 pm

Myesyats wrote:Peaky Blinders season 5 is not as action-packed as one would have hoped but it's still a lot of fun. And by "a lot", I mean A LOT. After 4 seasons, they proved they can still pack a punch.

These Birmingham accents is English at its peak. Love it. One of the greatest TV series.

Im on season 1 right now, binging it on a friday night

Spoiler:
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:19 am

You know what, I fucing hate spoilers.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:18 am

Peaky Blinders S5:
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:47 am

Nishankly wrote:You know what, I fucing hate spoilers.

I stopped watching in S2 because my friends couldn't stop talking about this but I guess Ill push through it, I am very disappointed and not looking forward to

Spoiler:
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:40 pm

The Official Netflix, Disney+, Amazon and HBO Max Thread - Page 21 72394342_1242212052653501_5181539655035650048_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_oc=AQmGPf4oQjoYMce_FeAITszP32DZTqHWdsCNYD74p-rbs0BdcrBIlAusYkv16iT6I8I&_nc_ht=scontent.fbll1-1
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:29 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Peaky Blinders S5:

Season 5:

I recommend watching this @BC and other Peaky fans, best interview from the main actor and the producers I've seen. Explains a lot.

Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:58 pm

I pushed through Peaky Blinders and now im reaching season 4. While I enjoy seeing Churchill in any form of negative light, I do feel the series is kinda out of sorts and they kinda go with the flow rather than having something with a strong foundation?

Spoiler:
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:14 pm

Holyshitee what an end to season 3
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:01 am

Been watching some Amazon stuff lately.

Sneaky Pete = fantastic season 1, mediocire season 2, dogshit season 3

Goliath = very good season 1, meh season 2, quit after that

Currently watching Bosch, which I'd alwys been interested in first season is pretty good.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:46 am

Take the time to watch The Americans on Prime. Its great, one of the best of the decade. Also has a fantastic series finale. FX shows are quality.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:27 am

The End Of The Fucking World season 2 is great. Lovely series. Also had a very good ending, creator said the series is done.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:08 am

M99 wrote:Take the time to watch The Americans on Prime. Its great, one of the best of the decade. Also has a fantastic series finale. FX shows are quality.

The show is average at best, I dropped it after season 3. I gave it a shot in the summer, due to being very crtically acclaimed. The premise was interesting, the characters and storyline didn't do enough to pull me in and invested.

Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:39 am

'Dark' season 2 with 100% at Rotten, totally deserved

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/dark/s02

A must-watch. I dont think its popular in America since its a German show originally
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:28 pm

The EPL on Amazon is so much better than it is on Sky and BT. I think Amazon will eventually get the Pl. They have too much money to play with atm.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:05 pm

Unbelievable is good. Loved Kaitlyn Dever and Merritt Wever performances. Toni Collette was irritating though.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:43 pm

Lucifer wrote:Unbelievable is good. Loved Kaitlyn Dever and Merritt Wever performances. Toni Collette was irritating though.

Yeah, liked it too. Top notch acting all around.

https://www.themarshallproject.org/2015/12/16/an-unbelievable-story-of-rape

Article that the miniseries is based around on.

M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:39 am

A potential third season of Mindhunter has been put on indefinite hold and cast members Jonathan Groff, Holt McCallany and Anna Torv have been released from their contracts. Exec producer David Fincher’s busy schedule precipitated the move.

“David is focused on directing his first Netflix film Mank and on producing the second season of Love, Death and Robots,” a Netflix rep said in a statement to TVLine. “He may revisit Mindhunter again in the future, but in the meantime felt it wasn’t fair to the actors to hold them from seeking other work while he was exploring new work of his own.”

Well that fucking sucks
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:17 am

I’m just happy that Fincher is making films again. TV is mainly a writer’s medium.

Sad it has to be a film starring the worst British actor
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 38 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 29 ... 38  Next