BarrileteCosmico
McAgger
M99
Freeza
RealGunner
41 posters

Page 4 of 38 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21 ... 38  Next

Go down

The Official Netflix, Disney+, Amazon and HBO Max Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Official Netflix, Disney+, Amazon and HBO Max Thread

Post by Kaladin Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:29 pm

Nishankly wrote:Amazon Prime TV series recommendations please, Just got my new 30 day trial for the second country.

Man in The High Castle

Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

The Official Netflix, Disney+, Amazon and HBO Max Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Official Netflix, Disney+, Amazon and HBO Max Thread

Post by Nishankly Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:47 pm

Its not the same library. Can't find a lot of legendary English shows. Most of the ones on it are the very old.

Will start with the Amazon originals, Any more of them that are worth it? Could only find Justified in that list m69.

Will start with Man on High Castle i guess.

Last edited by Nishankly on Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:45 pm

Kaladin wrote:
Nishankly wrote:Amazon Prime TV series recommendations please, Just got my new 30 day trial for the second country.

Man in The High Castle

Baw gawd she hot
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:22 pm

Stared watching Godless. Will have a judgment on it later this weekend.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:48 pm

Freeza wrote:Stared watching Godless. Will have a judgment on it later this weekend.

2 episodes in. God it’s a good slow burn western so far.

Jack O’Connell
Jeff Daniels
Scoot Mcnairy
Michelle Dockery (really think she’s got superstar potential).
Jojen Reed

Great cast.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:09 pm

Freeza wrote:
Freeza wrote:Stared watching Godless. Will have a judgment on it later this weekend.

2 episodes in. God it’s a good slow burn western so far.

Jack O’Connell
Jeff Daniels
Scoot Mcnairy
Michelle Dockery (really think she’s got superstar potential).
Jojen Reed

Great cast.

Some of these scenes are absolutely incredible and emotional. There was just a 7 minute scene of Jack O'Connell taming a horse and it made me more emotional than almost anything on tv this year, that's not from The Leftovers.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:12 pm

Top Michigan lad Jeff Daniels leading the cast I see.

Will tune in during my time off. Should be great.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:14 pm

McLewis wrote:Top Michigan lad Jeff Daniels leading the cast I see.

Will tune in during my time off. Should be great.

Jeff Daniels is a psychopathic villain with one arm. It's great.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:54 pm

How does it compare to Deadwood?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:59 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:How does it compare to Deadwood?

Never seen it.

I really love this so far though.

Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:08 pm

Freeza wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:How does it compare to Deadwood?

Never seen it.

Freeza pls.

Top 3 HBO show of all time.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by elitedam Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:05 am

It looks like HBO is serious about the Deadwood movie this time around. It might actually happen.
elitedam
elitedam
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:57 am

I'm more than halfway through Godless and it is indeed an awesome watch.

Well shot and well acted. Just the type of simmering, slow burning western I'm happy to binge watch.

As for the Deadwood comparison, I don't think this surpasses Deadwood, but it's damn close. The cast, as a whole is great, though I think Deadwood's had more depth. Jeff Daniels' villain is every bit as good as Powers Boothe's from Deadwood though. He owns every scene he's in and his eyes are simply haunting. Magnetic performance.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:36 am

McLewis wrote:I'm more than halfway through Godless and it is indeed an awesome watch.

Well shot and well acted. Just the type of simmering, slow burning western I'm happy to binge watch.

As for the Deadwood comparison, I don't think this surpasses Deadwood, but it's damn close. The cast, as a whole is great, though I think Deadwood's had more depth. Jeff Daniels' villain is every bit as good as Powers Boothe's from Deadwood though. He owns every scene he's in and his eyes are simply haunting. Magnetic performance.

Jeff Daniels is incredible, yeah. He's gonna get nominated I reckon. Some of his scenes in ep 3 & 4 are absolutely horrific and tense. And also weirdly human.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:50 pm

I'm loving Jeff Daniels renaissance, Newsroom, Looper, The Martian, really happy to see him doing good
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:15 pm

Kaladin wrote:I'm loving Jeff Daniels renaissance, Newsroom, Looper, The Martian, really happy to see him doing good

Barely doing any work though. He’s so incredible. Wish he’d get an Oscar worthy role at some point. Def has the range.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:03 pm

Just finished it. A beautiful, poignant yet brutally visceral miniseries.

I saw elements of the very best westerns at play in this show.

Enjoyed it massively. Time for another Emmy for Jeff Daniels. Was also impressed with Michelle Dockery. Had never seen her in anything before this so I see what the hype's about now. I had just finished watching Tattoo Cardinal in Longmire so I continued to like her characters. Newcomer Samuel Marty was quite good as well. His character had some of the best lines and interactions in the show, I felt. Also really enjoyed Scoot McNairy and Merrit Wever as well. Thomas Brodie-Sangster was clearly channeling Leo Di Caprio's character from the Quick and the Dead. Reminded me of him so much.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:38 pm

Kim Coates must be the most evil, or at least shady, looking guy ever. Would love to see him play a good guy for once tbh.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:20 pm

McLewis wrote:Just finished it. A beautiful, poignant yet brutally visceral miniseries.

I saw elements of the very best westerns at play in this show.

Enjoyed it massively. Time for another Emmy for Jeff Daniels. Was also impressed with Michelle Dockery. Had never seen her in anything before this so I see what the hype's about now. I had just finished watching Tattoo Cardinal in Longmire so I continued to like her characters. Newcomer Samuel Marty was quite good as well. His character had some of the best lines and interactions in the show, I felt. Also really enjoyed Scoot McNairy and Merrit Wever as well. Thomas Brodie-Sangster was clearly channeling Leo Di Caprio's character from the Quick and the Dead. Reminded me of him so much.

rofl that one line in the last episode

Spoiler:
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:21 pm

Haha loved that line. That whole little mini arc was just all kinds of cool.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:22 am

anyone watched Netflix's Bloodline series? been tempted to check it out for a while, may have asked before.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:26 am

Firenze wrote:anyone watched Netflix's Bloodline series? been tempted to check it out for a while, may have asked before.

Watched the first season but it was quite some time ago and I only rememeber it starting really slow but having a great vibe to it and thus having me hooked. Completely forgot about it though in the time I had to wait for the 2nd season. Thanks for reminding me.

It has been getting really good reviews so I'd say it's worth a watch.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:28 pm

Firenze wrote:anyone watched Netflix's Bloodline series? been tempted to check it out for a while, may have asked before.

Yeah I've seen it. Really good overall, but very much a slow paced show.

Ben Mendelsohn and Kyle Chandler were excellent.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:35 am

Been paying for netflix for ages with my parents using my account, seen the prices were getting bumped up again

Convinced my parents to upgrade to a 4K TV for this Christmas whilst I was staying for a few days, they went and got one. Then I told them Netflix has a UHD package. Upgraded to that, and made the case that I don't even have 4K where I am atm so there's no point in my paying for it.

They've taken over the subscription charges.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:05 am

Tomwin Lannister wrote:Been paying for netflix for ages with my parents using my account, seen the prices were getting bumped up again

Convinced my parents to upgrade to a 4K TV for this Christmas whilst I was staying for a few days, they went and got one. Then I told them Netflix has a UHD package. Upgraded to that, and made the case that I don't even have 4K where I am atm so there's no point in my paying for it.

They've taken over the subscription charges.  

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Lmaoo I did the same. I told them I use my friend's account for free anyway (true), then told them to get 4K Netflix because they have a 4K and since there are no 4k channels on cable and they don't by DVDs its going to waste.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:40 pm

Bought a 69inch (no homo) 4k TV recently. Might upgrade dat netflix package too soon.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 38 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21 ... 38  Next