Can we admit that Wenger is a specialist in failure?

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Re: Can we admit that Wenger is a specialist in failure?

Post by footyfan01 on Sat Dec 24, 2016 7:37 am

Specialist in failure is desperate for a new deal

The long-serving Gunners boss may be out of contract next year but will not rush into signing an extension, stating he is ready to wait till the final stages of the season to do so

"I always said that I will judge where I stand in spring and make my decisions then," the 67-year-old told reporters.

"The club is free as well. It's not because I am here a long time that I have any rights. We are both on the same boat."

"There are plenty of managers who arrived at the end of their contract. It happened to me before," Wenger said.

"I signed sometimes in March, April for longer contracts. So I don't think it's a problem."

footyfan01
Starlet
Starlet

Posts : 620
Join date : 2016-01-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Can we admit that Wenger is a specialist in failure?

Post by LuckAndWin on Mon Dec 26, 2016 12:27 pm

I think the failure of the team does not solely lie on the manager. The squad is the most important one.
LuckAndWin
LuckAndWin
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 266
Join date : 2012-12-26
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

Re: Can we admit that Wenger is a specialist in failure?

Post by Katy Perry on Mon Dec 26, 2016 12:50 pm

Why do Arsenal still have Giroud as their main striker?

If we look at the previous PL champions: City had injury free Agüero in '12 and '14, United had prime RVP in '13, Chelsea had Costa in '15 and '17, Leicester '16 had Vardy.
SAF actually completely disregarded glaring defense and midfield issues, bought RVP and walked the league. Leaving Moyes powerless with a poor and ageing squad that in the following years after his sack needed hundreds of milions of purchases to be relevant again.

I'm pretty sure that Arsenal, the one of the last couple of years where they've improved pretty much everywhere except the forward position, would have won at least 1 PL if they had any of the aforementioned players instead of Giroud.
Katy Perry
Katy Perry
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 1807
Join date : 2011-08-19
Age : 12

Back to top Go down

Re: Can we admit that Wenger is a specialist in failure?

Post by Vlad the Impaler on Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:29 pm

@Katy Perry wrote:Why do Arsenal still have Giroud as their main striker?

If we look at the previous PL champions: City had injury free Agüero in '12 and '14, United had prime RVP in '13, Chelsea had Costa in '15 and '17, Leicester '16 had Vardy.
SAF actually completely disregarded glaring defense and midfield issues, bought RVP and walked the league. Leaving Moyes powerless with a poor and ageing squad that in the following years after his sack needed hundreds of milions of purchases to be relevant again.

I'm pretty sure that Arsenal, the one of the last couple of years where they've improved pretty much everywhere except the forward position, would have won at least 1 PL if they had any of the aforementioned players instead of Giroud.


:bow:

_________________

“Football, bloody hell” - Sir Alex Ferguson
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 3697
Join date : 2012-04-11
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: Can we admit that Wenger is a specialist in failure?

Post by Socur Toxanarosa on Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:06 pm

@LuckAndWin wrote:I think the failure of the team does not solely lie on the manager. The squad is the most important one.


No, Arsenal's doesn't have a worse squad than Tottenham or Leicester.

_________________
Socur Toxanarosa
Socur Toxanarosa
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 487
Join date : 2014-07-01
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

Re: Can we admit that Wenger is a specialist in failure?

Post by footyfan01 on Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:39 pm

Bump !

footyfan01
Starlet
Starlet

Posts : 620
Join date : 2016-01-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Can we admit that Wenger is a specialist in failure?

Post by Neutropin on Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:41 pm

@footyfan01 wrote:Bump !


ahahahahahaha

_________________
If Arsenal finish in the top 4 this season ban me

Neutropin
Neutropin
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians
Posts : 160
Join date : 2015-12-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Can we admit that Wenger is a specialist in failure?

Post by BarcaLearning on Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:03 pm

Bored, nothing new here as usual Very Happy
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 5014
Join date : 2011-12-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Can we admit that Wenger is a specialist in failure?

Post by footyfan01 on Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:40 pm

Another bump !

10-2 drubbing over both legs in the CHL !

footyfan01
Starlet
Starlet

Posts : 620
Join date : 2016-01-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Can we admit that Wenger is a specialist in failure?

Post by Winter is Coming on Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:04 pm

I just realized its actually his 3rd straight 5-1 loss to BM Laughing

_________________

"I pass and I move, I help you, I look for you, I stop, I raise my head, I look and, above all, I open up the pitch...The one who has the ball, is the master of the game...That's the school of Joan Vilà, of Albert Benaiges, of Johan Cruijff, of Pep Guardiola" - Xavi

Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 3735
Join date : 2013-05-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Can we admit that Wenger is a specialist in failure?

Post by Mr Nick09 on Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:30 am

oh boy


_________________
Madridista naci.. Vikingo sere y Merengue Moriré
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 29045
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Can we admit that Wenger is a specialist in failure?

Post by Peccadillo on Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:56 am

not a massive showing tbh.
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 1054
Join date : 2012-08-14
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Re: Can we admit that Wenger is a specialist in failure?

Post by BarcaLearning on Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:43 am

If he stays on after this... Arsenal should be ashamed of themselves really.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 5014
Join date : 2011-12-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Can we admit that Wenger is a specialist in failure?

Post by free_cat on Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:51 am

@Mr Nick09 wrote:oh boy



English fans. Even when they are protesting they make elaborate tuneful chants.

_________________
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 8546
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Can we admit that Wenger is a specialist in failure?

Post by Socur Toxanarosa on Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:26 am

"Arsène Wenger feels confident of winning the Arsenal fans over again, citing the example of Barcelona’s Luis Enrique, who has gone from being “an idiot to a hero” in a few weeks."

This guy is such an a**hole, deserves zero respect, doesn't give a damn about Arsenal. Awful professional, no self awareness at all.

_________________
Socur Toxanarosa
Socur Toxanarosa
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 487
Join date : 2014-07-01
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

Re: Can we admit that Wenger is a specialist in failure?

Post by windkick on Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:23 am

Sounds like he's having a hard time accepting reality. It's a bitter pill to swallow.

_________________
Luis Suárez : "Nutmegs were my only option."
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 6138
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 36

Back to top Go down

Re: Can we admit that Wenger is a specialist in failure?

Post by CBarca on Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:25 am

Wenger has been stuck in a different universe for a couple years now to be fair

Sad to see

_________________
Beer and guns
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 17298
Join date : 2011-06-17
Age : 22

Back to top Go down

Re: Can we admit that Wenger is a specialist in failure?

Post by Myesyats on Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:59 am

He got that French loser mentality, it's so obvious. Of course he's a specialist in failure.
Myesyats
Myesyats
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sampdoria
Posts : 9310
Join date : 2015-05-03
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: Can we admit that Wenger is a specialist in failure?

Post by Valkyrja on Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:59 am

He's not a loser lol, he's the third best PL manager of all time after Sir Alex and Mourinho. He's old and past his prime, and a bit senile. A loser doesn't spend 20 years at one of the biggest football clubs in England.

_________________


I play for the best team in the world, I don't fear anything
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 10792
Join date : 2011-11-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Can we admit that Wenger is a specialist in failure?

Post by urbaNRoots on Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:27 am

You would have to be really young or otherwise really dumb to believe that Arsene Wenger is a failure and a loser. You decide which one you are. Most likely it's you who is young, dumb AND a loser.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 16068
Join date : 2011-08-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Can we admit that Wenger is a specialist in failure?

Post by Myesyats on Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:58 am

He did not use to have it but he has developed it as he got older. He's the worst high profile coach out there right now, looking away when things go wrong.

I hope you are stuck with him for a couple more years because you don't deserve better.
Myesyats
Myesyats
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sampdoria
Posts : 9310
Join date : 2015-05-03
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: Can we admit that Wenger is a specialist in failure?

Post by RealGunner on Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:58 am

He is going down in history as a legend. One of the greatest footballing personality of all time. Every top manager, pundit and football figure will attest to that. But some random Harry from Botswana will tell you he is a failure and a loser.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 81464
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Can we admit that Wenger is a specialist in failure?

Post by Hapless_Hans on Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:12 pm

@Valkyrja wrote:He's not a loser lol, he's the third best PL manager of all time after Sir Alex and Mourinho. He's old and past his prime, and a bit senile. A loser doesn't spend 20 years at one of the biggest football clubs in England.

@urbaNRoots wrote:You would have to be really young or otherwise really dumb to believe that Arsene Wenger is a failure and a loser. You decide which one you are. Most likely it's you who is young, dumb AND a loser.

@RealGunner wrote:He is going down in history as a legend. One of the greatest footballing personality of all time. Every top manager, pundit and football figure will attest to that. But some random Harry from Botswana will tell you he is a failure and a loser.



This, this and this.

I'll have him ahead of Mourinho, too.

And I'd point out that IMO some 'random Harry' from Springfield or Chesternorthsoutshire is more likely to say that that one from Botswana


Last edited by Hapless_Hans on Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:16 pm; edited 2 times in total

_________________
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : FC Bayern
Posts : 26052
Join date : 2013-09-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Can we admit that Wenger is a specialist in failure?

Post by Valkyrja on Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:13 pm

@Myesyats wrote:He did not use to have it but he has developed it as he got older. He's the worst high profile coach out there right now, looking away when things go wrong.

I hope you are stuck with him for a couple more years because you don't deserve better.


I guess Ronaldinho si also a failure because later in his career he didn't perform as good as before ? Both players and coaches have ups and downs.

We're talking about a coaching GOAT who knows more about football than this entire forum combined tbh Laughing

_________________


I play for the best team in the world, I don't fear anything
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 10792
Join date : 2011-11-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Can we admit that Wenger is a specialist in failure?

Post by Myesyats on Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:23 pm

Did I ever deny that he will go down as a legend? However, none of what you said changes the fact that he should have retired already, perhaps even a couple seasons ago. But you are fine with 4th place (this season possibly even lower) and going to Munich to lose even before you go out on the pitch. Fam, even Spurs are doing better these days. Not only he developed loser mentality but it seems the fans picked up on it too. He's grown old and weak. And when the coach is weak, the team is weak.
Myesyats
Myesyats
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sampdoria
Posts : 9310
Join date : 2015-05-03
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: Can we admit that Wenger is a specialist in failure?

Post by Myesyats on Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:30 pm

@Valkyrja wrote:
@Myesyats wrote:He did not use to have it but he has developed it as he got older. He's the worst high profile coach out there right now, looking away when things go wrong.

I hope you are stuck with him for a couple more years because you don't deserve better.


I guess Ronaldinho si also a failure because later in his career he didn't perform as good as before ? Both players and coaches have ups and downs.

We're talking about a coaching GOAT who knows more about football than this entire forum combined tbh Laughing

Last time Wenger won the Premier Leauge The Russian Federation was still recognizing Soviet Union passports as legal identification.
Myesyats
Myesyats
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sampdoria
Posts : 9310
Join date : 2015-05-03
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: Can we admit that Wenger is a specialist in failure?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum