Tomwin Lannister
Kaladin
RealGunner
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Firenze
18 posters

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 31 - Page 4 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 31

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:07 pm

B show which is consistently better than the so called A show, inferior talent which consistently are more entertaining than the so called superior talent.

As if the rating means anything,besides it's still the highest thing on the USA network and consistently brings in more viewers than anything else and without it they'd be *bleep* which is why they pay the WWE so much money. ( you can continue to push this agenda that it's worse than before the split and not doing what they want it to but the facts tell a different story) It's terrible on both sides for a bunch of different reasons. One of them being that unless you are a show with legit buzz like Game of Thrones, Walking Dead and Live Sports nobody actually watches anything live anymore.

Hell i don't watch it live very often and when i do it's on a ad filled stream so i doubt i'm counted as one of the viewers and i watch it every week.

Cena isn't going to turn heel lol, no need to be serious about it and none of what you said should impact any creative decision.

It's actually thinking like that is why they are in a rut creatively, thinking about the financial side instead of the creative side.

For years we got a creatively barren Cena ( and many others) because he sold merch and granted make a wish for millions of kids instead of what made sense creatively for an entertaining tv product.

All because of thinking just like that.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 31 - Page 4 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 31

Post by footyfan01 Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:20 pm

Just to add that ratings in general have been terrible. Raw is doing historic low ratings. They are doing 2.5-2.7-2.9M odd viewers (so deduce rating for that) while SD is doing 2.1-2.3-2.5M odd viewers.

SD has come close to beating RAW a couple of times. This is perhaps the best SD rating any1 expected. SD I remeber used to 1.1-1.2-1.3 odd rating (not Millions of viewers) so 1.5 is okay. This when Raw has crashed. Raw used to be 3-3.5 & now it is 1.5-1.8 odd, they are struggling to get to 2.

A lot of things have changed - Not just the 3 incredibly big 3 hours but that people watch wrestling more on stolen streams for free & youtube & they watched highlights & some on the WWE network etc.

Even considering the wrestling market viewership falling, the viewership has diversified so much that ratings can only be a small part (TV viewership globally is under assault with more internet).

And I agree with the ohh they will improve stuff. We all think like that because we grew up watching this & are attached to it.

Also with next week's SD line-up almost as good as a ppv of sorts, there is a big chance for SD to beat Raw in ratings for the first time in MANY MANy years!

footyfan01
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:38 pm

SD in terms of quality, yeh it's better than RAW. But RAW's still the flagship show. A monumental moment like Cena turning heel belongs on RAW.

Having Cena's heel run on a split roster on SD just doesn't feel right. The company's entire spotlight should be on him once he turns and when you have one roster the moment just feels more significant. It's like winning a world title. It means much more when there's one title and one roster.

Ideally if there is an actual new era in the future, RAW goes back to 2 hours and there's one roster. If it wasn't for the financial side of things, I'd indefinitely cancel SD and just have a 2 hour RAW to begin with. SD was only ever created to compete with WCW's secondary show anyway.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:46 pm

Oh and btw, the discussion is about Cena turning heel against Undertaker at Wrestlemania so i'm pretty sure none of the B show nonsense actually applies lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:49 pm

Onyx wrote:SD in terms of quality, yeh it's better than RAW. But RAW's still the flagship show.

Why because Michael Cole says so? to my eyes it isn't. Also having one show would be terrible, because then there would be no alternative and if it sucked we'd have to deal with it. ( which it would if Vince and Kevin Dunn creative teams history is any indication)

Flagship show stuff is just marketing BS imo, it doesn't actually mean anything while they are both in the 2.5 to 3m viewer range.

Personally from a creative point of view, things won't change until Vince is gone.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:08 pm

At the end of the day all I want is one 2 hour show with one roster. SD, RAW.. doesn't really matter. Just makes sense to keep RAW since it's always been the flagship show. But if they want to get rid of both and start a new 2 hour one, then that's fine imo.

However this is all dependent on whether an actual new era ever happens. And by new era I mean a drastic change like when they switched to the attitude era. Not a kayfabe new era.

A new era would mean a new creative direction, new intro, improved presentation, new rings, sets etc. The whole lot.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:15 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pd6tLWECPBM
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:26 am

Nasri at DM, Clichy at LW. Neville channeling his inner Pep. Proud

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:27 am

Onyx wrote:At the end of the day all I want is one 2 hour show with one roster. SD, RAW.. doesn't really matter. Just makes sense to keep RAW since it's always been the flagship show. But if they want to get rid of both and start a new 2 hour one, then that's fine imo.

However this is all dependent on whether an actual new era ever happens. And by new era I mean a drastic change like when they switched to the attitude era. Not a kayfabe new era.

A new era would mean a new creative direction, new intro, improved presentation, new rings, sets etc. The whole lot.

Fair enough.

We won't know it till that happens, only thing I know is a lot of the issues due to Vince (I.e overscripting talent, last minute changes, lack of long term booking and 50-50 booking) HHH doesn't agree with based on his direction in NXT.

Which would help the product a lot IMO, whether they struggle more financially or if it's not good enough still is debatable though.

What is clear though none of what we want will happen as it is, it will take a change in management imo.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:29 am

Ain't watched the fifa video yet but I'll disappointed if Neville loses considering he's the only brit in the thing lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:47 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Oh and btw, the discussion is about Cena turning heel against Undertaker at Wrestlemania so i'm pretty sure none of the B show nonsense actually applies lol.

Thing is Cena turning heel for one night doesn't make sense though . There needs to be some follow up to it. His heel turn should hold some value.

If he screws Taker at Mania, he obviously owes an explanation.

But we all know none of this is going to happen. Both are going to do this storyline as babyfaces. Cena is probably going to beat Taker with 3 AA's or something and both are going to hug it out in the ring after the match. Predictable wwe Proud

I mean, even in the last Mania, the only sort of surprise element was Stephanie getting speared by Reigns. Everything else was predictable as f
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:57 pm

Who agrees/disagrees with Cena here? (Says the talent pool is as good or even better than it was in '02)
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:28 pm

cba watching the vid, depends on what he means by talent pool, in terms of in ring ability, for sure, probably even better? in terms of personality, charisma, 'larger than life' characters Proud, nope, not in a million years..but I think that's more on WWE not giving everyone the platform to showcase it.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:54 pm

ES wrote:

Who agrees/disagrees with Cena here? (Says the talent pool is as good or even better than it was in '02)

2002 was also the time Rock and Stone cold became part timers and the roster moved into a transition phase so kinda agree but as Firenze said the current product doesn't allow the current roster to show all that talent. It's all down to booking and creative.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:02 pm

https://www.google.co.in/amp/comicbook.com/wwe/amp/2016/12/21/wwe-john-cenas-wrestlemania-plans-to-be-revealed-on-next-weeks-s/?client=ms-android-samsung

Somebody reading my posts ffs. Career Vs Championship match as the stipulation would indeed be a hell of a main event.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:07 pm

Though they need to get some solid storyline angle which will make Taker put his career on the line in this feud. I wonder how they going to do it.
I'm sure none entertains a clean Cena championship victory over Taker.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:29 pm

Writing nowadays is terrible, therefore the stories being told is terrible.

Is it really a surprise very few actually seems that great from a character point of view?

Stone Cold has Said many times he wouldn't get over in this era and if he says that you know the talent is being severely handcuffed.

From what we know about the writing team it's basically a load of failed Hollywood writers who have no idea how to write a wrestler's character and more interested in comedy than anything else.

Not saying there's a huge cross brand Superstar waiting to be unearthed but it's blatantly obvious that the writing and booking is severely holding everything back.

The reason everyone sounds the same it's because they are, they are being written word for word with little to no deviation.

Where as back in the day they were given bullet points of things to hit on and ad lib where the talent saw fit, then you realise why everyone seemed so unique.

But it's beating a dead horse at this point, everyone knows the issues and it won't change until there's a change in management.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:33 pm

Mole, is Bryan Alvarez of Wrestling Observer reliable?

He says Strowman will win the Rumble and face Reigns at Mania. Big facepalm if that happens and I actually wouldn't be surprised they did considering how they are booking Strowman atm.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:38 pm

Nah I'd only listen to Dave Meltzer when it comes to the Observer.

Never seen a piece of news broken by Alvarez which actually happened so he knows nothing imo.

With that said Strowman winning the Rumble wouldn't surprise me tbh although I don't think he should.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:43 pm

Me personally I would build strowman up for another year, legit fan of his now. By far the most intimidating monster in the roster including roid free pot bellied brock, and his limited promo time has been fine.

Should feud with Henry for a bit, then Big Show for a few months and whatever else. As much as I'd like him in a wyatt family angle WWE would ruin it.

Personally I wouldn't book the likes of strowman to appear every week. The less air time the monster characters get the better they do. Your aura dies a horrible death if you turn up every week after a while to either squash people with no development or do a job. Look at big show. Even when he was younger you had a 7 foot 450 pound giant that looked about as credible and legit as a dead hooker.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:44 pm

I'm currently looking at all the potential matchups with the current roster with some matches already been decided. Honestly if they get it right, this Mania has the potential to be as good as Mania 17 if not better imo. They can't possibly *bleep* this up.

Still hoping Balor returns and wins the Rumble. He's going to get a monster pop I'm sure.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:47 pm

Completely agree and if you simply have to do the match with Reigns.

Have him beat him for the US title and then go on a lengthy, dominant run.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:51 pm

S wrote:I'm currently looking at all the potential matchups with the current roster with some matches already been decided. Honestly if they get it right, this Mania has the potential to be as good as Mania 17 if not better imo. They can't possibly *bleep* this up.

Still hoping Balor returns and wins the Rumble. He's going to get a monster pop I'm sure.

Depends on the stories being told imo, I have no doubt the matches will be mostly good.

There's too much in ring talent unlike last year where every *bleep* was injured, although their obsession with making Wrestlemania like 4+ hours long is a worry.

Bigger isn't always better wwe.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:25 pm

It was incredible how they stretched last year's Mania out to five hours (plus two hours of pre-show) with the all the injuries they had. We all suffered horribly that night. Laughing

Now they have even more talent, two show's worth of "stories" being told and all the obligatory celebrity/legend segments to fit in. It's going be a long-ass show again. And if Reigns somehow gets the main event yet again I won't even bother.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:27 pm

Cena vs Taker or Goldberg vs Lesnar will be the main event imo.

Don't see any other scenario, but yeah I'm worried about the show being overly long too.

Not a coincidence that the shortest of the big 4, Survivor Series was the best of the four.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:35 pm

Cena Vs Taker will be the Main event especially if it involves the title imo.

I can't see a Goldberg - Lesnar match with zero implications being the main event.

Wwe is known to create suspense for the last and quite obviously there is expected to be some suspense in Cena- Taker match.  

Although I do fear a Reigns main event though :facepalm:
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next