Nishankly
rincon
Myesyats
26 posters

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Go down

European Refugee Crisis - Page 12 Empty Re: European Refugee Crisis

Post by RealGunner Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:40 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:I did my military service, and still think you're insane, though.

Do you miss the days where Senor Penguin, RedOranje, Rwo, Che, Lord Spencer etc used to regularly educate the mass along with you and have intellectual discussions and debates?

Was just reading one of the old thread and the astonishing difference between posts and their quality then and now is remarkable. Shouldn't have taken those days for granted for sure.

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:13 pm

Do you miss those days when people weren't sensitive and when sheep weren't taking care of the well being of lions? Me too.

BTW I'm currently in England and I love the diversity here. The people are really kind and everyone is so nice to each other.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:17 pm

RealGunner wrote:
VivaStPauli wrote:I did my military service, and still think you're insane, though.

Do you miss the days where Senor Penguin, RedOranje, Rwo, Che, Lord Spencer etc used to regularly educate the mass along with you and have intellectual discussions and debates?

Was just reading one of the old thread and the astonishing difference between posts and their quality then and now is remarkable. Shouldn't have taken those days for granted for sure.

We can still have those days if a certain segment don't want to shut down debates.

The thing is, many people think by shutting down the "opposite" opinion, they are doing well and helping people from "hate speech" or "abuse". I bet when Hitler banned certain books and burning them, his excuse was the same as well. That's why an open discussion is a must.

People want During The War banned, but he's been more than respectful and well-written than 95% of this forum. He doesn't even have the nasty, awful side that I have to my posts sometimes.

I understand that many people in this forum come from countries where a thought/opinion against the overwhelming narrative is considered crime and is punishable by jail or sometimes even more, so they are not used to public back and forth exchange of differing ideas and opinions, but it doesn't mean they should be quick to harass other posters who offer an alternative version of events.

Everything in the world should be open to discussion, even history, (let alone current events). I often talk about alternative history and how world would be different if some events had panned out differently. Do the information we have about the past correct or are they simply the narrative written by the victors (remember, the winners write the history)? Are there any historical gaps? Always question more and seek for knowledge, instead of simply accepting something you've been told.

And RG, I am gonna actually bring you to this. You complain about quality of debate declining, but why are YOU not contributing to the discussion? You've escaped and dodged this for years. Please for once, I am curious as someone who used to talk to you on Skype many years ago, what do you think about certain subjects? You've said you're a marxist....tell us how marxist ideas would help make world a better place?

You are the mod, and should lead with example, if you want the debate to be intellectual and engaging, as opposed to people getting offended, hating on others and retreating to their safe spaces.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:21 pm

Tbh the controversial threads are the only reason I check in on GL semi regularly. There's 2 ways it can go

Get rid. No exceptions

Or let it be relatively no holds barred with the exception of outright banning the back and forth insults and shots. This section is just a microcosm of reality. There are people with political opinions so contrasting that for one, the other side looks insane and vice versa.

Allow it or ban it. But my 2 cents are these discussions should stay. It's nothing that isn't happening on a much larger scale on other forums/news sites and of course in person all around the World. As long as there's no overflow to non political threads then people can read it or not read it at their own leisure.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:50 pm

cleaned it up

@betty, -50% for personal insults. Also sepi has put you on ignore so he can't see your posts anymore.

@Sepi, i'll reply to you at some point. Not ignoring you.

Back on topic now please.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12