Is Luka Modric the second best footballer in the world ?

+20
Doc
Thimmy
Myesyats
Socur Toxanarosa
80s_Stallone
Harmonica
halamadrid2
jibers
Hapless_Hans
BarcaLearning
Firenze
matpol
rincon
zigra
Freeza
CBarca
Katy Perry
McAgger
RealGunner
Valkyrja
24 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Is Luka Modric the second best footballer in the world ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Luka Modric the second best footballer in the world ?

Post by Valkyrja Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:16 pm

Without a doubt yes

Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Is Luka Modric the second best footballer in the world ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Luka Modric the second best footballer in the world ?

Post by Valkyrja Sat May 26, 2018 9:25 pm

This guy is timeless. Best player in Europe over the past seasons. Always performs on the biggest stage
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by 80s_Stallone Tue May 29, 2018 5:16 pm

Valkyrja wrote:This guy is timeless. Best player in Europe over the past seasons. Always performs on the biggest stage

He was a total monster on saturday. he's never the first name anyone says when talking about consistently great performances but you can be sure he's a legend.

100% won tackles, 95% pass completion
80s_Stallone
80s_Stallone
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Sampdoria

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue May 29, 2018 6:30 pm

Surely among the 3-5 best players in the world during the last few years
Maybe even second best after Messi
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue May 29, 2018 6:58 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Surely among the 3-5 best players in the world during the last few years

But we're gifting the tap in merchant one balloon after the other

Ffs. rofl
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Socur Toxanarosa Tue May 29, 2018 8:59 pm

Agree 100%
Socur Toxanarosa
Socur Toxanarosa
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:52 am

What an absolute monster of a player. Easily in the conversation for the best midfield player of all time
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:54 am

Think most ppl would agree hes been the best midfielder in the world for a few years now. Ever since he joined Real he just got better and better. As much as Ronaldos goals if not more, hes been the main reason reason for their CL runs and now also showing it in the WC.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:07 am

He's surely the best midfielder in the world right now. I just remembered he came to Madrid from Tottenham and now Spurs have another gem midfielder at their hands in Eriksen.... They've been lucky in that department

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:53 am

Remember when he was voted the flop of the season under Mou Laughing terrible coach
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:57 pm

Valkyrja wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:Surely among the 3-5 best players in the world during the last few years

But we're gifting the tap in merchant one balloon after the other

Ffs. rofl

I think I've talked a lot of shit about C.Ronaldo since his arrival from Man United, but you have to give credit where it's due. Those "simple tap-ins" have quite consistently penetrated defenses, regardless of whether or not the rest of the team has been making the job easy or hard for him.

I still remember when RM fans on here referred to Messi as a tap-in merchant, and that was during Barcelona and Messi's most successful period in history. Ironically, they also criticised Messi for not being a prolific freekick taker. At the time, Ronaldo was scoring many of his goals from outside the box, including through his trademark, knuckle ball freekicks at a relatively high frequency. He would often dribble past multiple players inside the box, but fail to score at the end of the run either because his finishing let him down, or because he took on one player too many.

Naturally, he didn't capitalize on the room he created by drawing defenders away from other team mates, he would act like a prick and opt for a dribbling run or a shot instead of passing the ball to Higuaín, Benzema, or the almighty, out of position, El Pirata Granero.

Things have really changed for both Messi and Ronaldo since then, but in terms of individual capability to impact a match, I don't believe I've ever witnessed a more effective player than the current version of Ronaldo. I see people mention Messi being leagues above him in terms of talent all the time, but you can't have the cake and eat it too. As a Real Madrid fan, I genuinely appreciate that he sacrificed entertainment value for effectiveness. We have other players, like Isco, who can provide that now. I just wish he had done so when he still had the stamina to keep up with the young'uns.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:57 pm

No need to take on Valk Thimmy, he is doing his usual anti Ronaldo stuff. Happens every single season.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:27 pm

It's a real shame he bloomed late because he's a joy to watch, wish this version of him had been around for longer.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:34 pm

Ah. I was under the impression that he was one of the hardcore Ronaldo fans on here, so that post surprised me a little bit. Goes to show how little I read threads on here, these days.

I've been on both sides of arguments regarding Ronaldo on these forums, but in hindsight, I really think his eye for goal has been under-appreciated for the longest time. The Messi vs Ronaldo argument never seems to go out of fashion. A lot of people understandably preferred watching Ronaldo when he was flashy and made it all about himself whenever he was in possession of the ball, but I much prefer the version of Ronaldo who does the job with little fuss. Some may call him one-dimensional, or an athletic guy who picked the wrong sport, but I think that's a gross underestimation of his exceptional ability to read the game and use his athletic prowess accordingly - even at the age of 33.

I think Messi is a very different type of player. He's more entertaining to watch, which is probably why people like to emphasise that he's more talented, but he's a bit like a swordsman who can only beat his opponent by doing large, elegant swings that most opponents struggle to deal with. Ronaldo's a stabber.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:00 pm

Shame he wasted half his career at Spurs being dominated by everyone from Fabregas to Lorik Cana

Would have been up there with the likes of Laudrup had he moved to Barca/Madrid earlier.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:03 pm

I don't know why he can't be favorably compared to Laudrup now it's not like Laudrup did not have years where he was unproductive.

There is recency bias with Modric but what he has done for Madrid on the past 5 years specially Champions league is truly phenomenal
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:06 pm

Laudrup is a weird comparison mind, they are nothing alike.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:08 pm

poor mans iniesta imo. but still very good.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:20 pm

As far as I am concerned Modric is up there with the Scholes, Xavi and Iniesta etc..
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:24 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Laudrup is a weird comparison mind, they are nothing alike.

Large noses
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:27 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:I don't know why he can't be favorably compared to Laudrup now it's not like Laudrup did not have years where he was unproductive.

There is recency bias with Modric but what he has done for Madrid on the past 5 years specially Champions league is truly phenomenal

He can be by the likes of you and I. But that's about it. It's actually more to do with nostalgic bias since the past legends are always considered better than the current ones.

He is definitely up there.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:27 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Laudrup is a weird comparison mind, they are nothing alike.

no one is comparing their abilities. It's the status.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:40 am

RealGunner wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:I don't know why he can't be favorably compared to Laudrup now it's not like Laudrup did not have years where he was unproductive.

He can be by the likes of you and I. But that's about it. It's actually more to do with nostalgic bias since the past legends are always considered better than the current ones.

He is definitely up there.
i hear you, recency bias is a terrible thing in footy. We fail to appreciate how great certain players are sometimes
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:32 pm

Best player in Europe

Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum