La Liga: Villarreal vs FC Barcelona

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

La Liga: Villarreal vs FC Barcelona

Post by Lucifer on Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:07 pm

TEAM NEWS

BARCELONA:
The only change with respect to the game in Bilbao is Ivan Rakitic being replaced by Denis Suárez

LUCHO:
“Villarreal play well and create attacking opportunities as well as being solid defensively. It will be hard as they want possession just as much as we do. The key factor is having control of the ball against a team like this.”

LIKELY LINE-UPS

Barcelona (4-3-3): ter Stegen; Roberto, Pique, Mascherano, Alba; Busquets, Suarez, Iniesta; Messi, Suarez, Neymar

Villarreal (4-2-2-2): Asenjo; Mario, Ruiz, Musacchio, Costa; Trigueros, dos Santos; Soriano, Samu; Sansone, Pato
Lucifer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Re: La Liga: Villarreal vs FC Barcelona

Post by Myesyats on Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:15 pm

I think a 3 man defence would benefit us more.... Roberto and Alba don't offer anything on the wings anyway.

It's a win or win game. There's no inbetween.
Myesyats
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Private

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer on Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:24 pm

What's ur Twitter handle btw.
Lucifer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr on Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:59 pm

Why does Gomes play instead of Rafinha? :facepalm:

First Team

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.tk

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr on Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:06 pm

He's so bad rofl

First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr on Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:07 pm

It is funny because nobody on his team even passes to him. They have zero confidence in him and I can see why. He either passes back to the RB or just loses it trying to do something stupid.

Probably Valencia's best transfer in the summer Laughing

First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz on Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:29 pm

So this is what barca has become? :facepalm:
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc on Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:41 pm

Villareal clearly is a discipline side though. Was never the easiest match for Barcelona to begin with. That being said, they had 2 excellent chances with Neymar shooting straight to the keeper and not actually shooting well respectfully.

Barcelona still very much in it.

World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming on Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:19 pm

2 denied PK for us and 1 for Vil.

"I pass and I move, I help you, I look for you, I stop, I raise my head, I look and, above all, I open up the pitch...The one who has the ball, is the master of the game...That's the school of Joan Vilà, of Albert Benaiges, of Johan Cruijff, of Pep Guardiola" - Xavi

Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz on Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:26 pm

:facepalm:
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats on Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:53 pm

Awful display. Once again I will repeat that we should switch to a 3 man defence and get rid of those useless full-backs. They bring nothing to the table.

Also, since when does Enrique not believe in Rafinha? I thought the Brazilian was Lurcho's favourite boi...

Neymar still useless, hasn't had a dominant performance in a entire-fecking-year apart from a one-off.

Enrique ran out of ideas so..... Lucho out, Valverde in.
Myesyats
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz on Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:56 pm

Lol, fans looking for the perfect victim. Suarez has been more useless this season.. Neymar has been better, but yeah he has also been pretty useless also infact the whole of barca and coaching staff has been useless bar mehssi tbh..!!!
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats on Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:04 pm

Neymar hasn't scored a goal since October. He's been much worse than Suarez who's been actually scoring and also assisting lately against Asspanyol, Osasuna and even Real Madrid.
Myesyats
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz on Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:11 pm

Isn't suarez a centre forward? Laughing btw 4 odd assists now compares to 13 assists this season now? (The highest in europe) Laughing even griezeman scored his first goal after close to 4 months and hazard didn't score in close to 40 games last season? hmm
Anyway, not to justify anything though as neymar has been largely useless this season tbh and I'm considering avoiding the barca games like a plaque now.

btw it was neymar who gave the assist to suarez against real madrid.
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats on Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:24 pm

So what that he is a centre forward? They get a similar amount of goalscoring opportunities, the difference is Suarez puts them away and Neymar doesn't. It has nothing to do with their position on the pitch because Neymar is not glued to the sideline and so isn't Suarez to the middle.
Myesyats
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kebab on Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:38 pm

neymar flopped today. but for me he is the second most important player for the team. he is faster version of iniesta. dribbling passing ball control great technique great one two skills. both struggle at scoring but neymar gets more hate than iniesta.
Suarez can be replaced. but you will not find another neymar
Kebab
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick on Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:33 am

We need another winger on the team, someone that can come off the bench and provide speed and hopefully a finishing threat. Neymar, even though he isn't scoring, can still set up goals all day. But if Suarez isn't putting them away and neither is Neymar (or Paco off the bench), then we need someone who can come off and get it done. I'm not too crazy about having midfielders come off the bench to replace our forwards. Also, Rafinha is our third highest goal scorer, why not give him a start ahead of Gomes?

I can't stand the fker, but on the left wing Turan has been pretty damn solid for us. I honestly would start him with Suarez/Messi and have Neymar come off the bench. This would hopefully open up Neymar's eyes to step up his game and regain his starting role. Lucho should even mess around with having Messi play the false 9 again until Suarez gets his shooting boots back on (but then again who would start on the right...).

The midfield should be Ivan/Busq/Iniesta and if Ivan is out for whatever reason we need to give Rafinha/Denis a shot. Gomes keeps on getting the start for whatever reason while Lucho ignores our other options.

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat on Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:12 am

Digne, the player who's better than Alba for some here, turned a goalscoring opportunity for us into Vilareals goal.

Awful game.

Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat on Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:12 am

@Myesyats wrote:I think a 3 man defence would benefit us more.... Roberto and Alba don't offer anything on the wings anyway.

It's a win or win game. There's no inbetween.

Alba doesn't offer anything on the wings? Are you insane? He just gave two asists 4 games ago.

Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats on Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:36 am

Alba's/Digne's and Roberto's offensive input is not significant enough to overshadow their awful (non existent) defending.

It would be much better to just play with Mascherano-Pique-Umtiti at the back and overcrowd the midfield with an additional player.
Myesyats
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning on Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:04 pm

What am I reading lol, every time we play a bad game which today actually werent that bad, we say things like sell or drop a player...
BarcaLearning
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer on Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:14 pm

Human psychology mate. Even we are also allowed to have fits.
Lucifer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick on Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:23 pm

@Myesyats wrote:Alba's/Digne's and Roberto's offensive input is not significant enough to overshadow their awful (non existent) defending.

It would be much better to just play with Mascherano-Pique-Umtiti at the back and overcrowd the midfield with an additional player.

I'm sorry but what? I understand the hate on here for Alba, but to say his offense is some turd in the room and doesn't overshadow his defense is ridiculous. Your talking about a left back who's offense has helped us win many titles, including helping Spain win a Euro cup. Digne isn't half the offense player that Alba is, and it's note even close. And you can't argue that Digne is that much better than Alba is on defense either. So really it makes no sense that Alba keeps getting benched for the slower, inferior Digne. If they both suck, then Alba should start ahead just on his offense power alone, given that right now everyone up front is having a hard time scoring.

and BarcaLearning, it isn't about today's dropped points. It's our form over all. It feels like we are getting like 3 draws, a loss, then 2 struggling wins against crap teams since like early December. The team is clearly struggling so discussing that, and trying to pin point our weak areas in that span isn't us hitting some sort of ridiculous discussion just for the sake of it

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by NeganIsco on Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:16 pm

If Madrid didn't have that Anti Barca clause in Di Maria's transfer, Barca would have totally fitted him well, and Barca would have gained so much from him as well.

................Bus............
Di maria........... Iniesta

would have solved this problem with Messi going central, as Di maria, has more than enough pace, dribbling, vision and passing skills to play RCM/RW

Prospect

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 on Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:26 pm

No like Messi ADM would probably cut in as he can't use his right so nothing would be solved. The only CM who could solve Barca's problem is probably Veratti and Barca screwed that relationship as soon as they tried to tap up PSG's CBs
halamadrid2
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next