Vlad the Impaler
Katy Perry
jibers
Glory
S
67 posters

Page 1 of 19 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next

Go down

Almost Official : Antoine Griezmann joins Atletico Madrid Empty Almost Official : Antoine Griezmann joins Atletico Madrid

Post by S Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:47 am

Barcelona are now ready to pay Antoine Griezmann's €125m release clause. Personal terms are still ongoing with the player about the 5-year contract. (Source: @FabrizioRomano)

Last edited by S on Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:54 pm; edited 7 times in total
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Almost Official : Antoine Griezmann joins Atletico Madrid Empty Re: Almost Official : Antoine Griezmann joins Atletico Madrid

Post by Glory Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:27 am

Nothing much to see here. Cant see it happening unless Mourinho somehow has decided to give up on the 60 odd million spent on Martial. If Griez arrives, its Anthony who is the most likely to miss out, so no.

Hell, if we miss out on CL again Griezmann himself wouldnt be keen to make such a switch. So, its a pointless discussion as of now in all fairness.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Almost Official : Antoine Griezmann joins Atletico Madrid Empty Re: Almost Official : Antoine Griezmann joins Atletico Madrid

Post by jibers Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:52 pm

@Glory not exactly. Martial is firmly the left interior under Mou. Griezmann is effective as a SS where he can use the #9 to run off and make late runs that can't be picked up. This would hinder Pogba's game the most as we saw in the Euros. It would be as luxury signing rather than a strategic one.

What is the point of breaking the bank on as player then using him as a holder in a double pivote? Signing him would further confirm that the club has no strategy and is a very very poor man's Real madrid.

I don't want him as a wide player as he isn't very good in one vs ones and we already have a problem with lack of dribblers in the team. I suppose Mou can use him as a rw. He is essentially a shorter fast version of Thomas Muller with an exceptional first touch and great heading technique.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:13 pm

Yea. I know man. In fact I posted it with the assumption that we cant allow for disrupting a working system to accommodate another luxury signing. If he is to be put anywhere else rather than on the left wing, there will be a call for the system itself to be changed. Pogba will suffer as he will be pushed further back into a double pivot. So, keeping a 4-3-3 it is Martial who will miss out if Griezmann arrives.

I am with you. United board need to cut out this dik measuring nonsense they have been adopting of late. Why the hell are we acting as if we are the Real Madrid of England. Players who fit the systems needs to be brought in and not the other way around.
I can totally see that clown Woodward shelling another 100m on Griez tho. Hope mou will hold him back. If they have any sense whatsoever they wont waste that money on a player who is not a priority right now. We are crying out for a long term replacement to Carrick and may be more 1 defender. With that kind of money I dont think they would have any trouble attracting the players from the top shelf to fill in those roles.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Katy Perry Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:19 pm

@jibers do you think he would fit at Chelsea? The 2 AMs in our 3421 don't really play wide as that's more of the wingbacks role, and we've seen how Pedro sliced into our starting line-up despite being an average footballer just because he offers a much more direct and vertical playstyle and movement off the ball compared to Hazard and Willian, and has been acting as a secondary goalscorer.

I assume Griezman could work in that role. Would much rather go for him than Sanchez tbh.

Katy Perry
Katy Perry
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:20 pm

Glory wrote:Nothing much to see here. Cant see it happening unless Mourinho somehow has decided to give up on the 60 odd million spent on Martial. If Griez arrives, its Anthony who is the most likely to miss out, so no.

Hell, if we miss out on CL again Griezmann himself wouldnt be keen to make such a switch. So, its a pointless discussion as of now in all fairness.

I bring some positive news about United for once and this is how you treat me ?

How dare you call this a pointless discussion when there are reports everywhere that Simeone in fact won't stand in the way of Griezmann if he wants to leave ? This is as legit as it gets and I reckon deal should be completed before the end of the season.

Tell me were you crying about Kagawa and Welbeck's  playing time when you decided to splash the cash on van Persie? Look how that turned out.

If you are worried about Mourinho giving up on Martial then he sees something that you don't and that he's SHIT. Just dealio with it. You are getting a massive upgrade so instead of moaning about wannabe's playtime just chin up and celebrate the signing. It's a done dealio.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:30 pm

S wrote:
Glory wrote:Nothing much to see here. Cant see it happening unless Mourinho somehow has decided to give up on the 60 odd million spent on Martial. If Griez arrives, its Anthony who is the most likely to miss out, so no.

I bring some positive news about United for once and this is how you treat me ?

How dare you call this a pointless discussion when there are reports everywhere that Simeone in fact won't stand in the way of Griezmann if he wants to leave ? This is as legit as it gets and I reckon deal should be completed before the end of the season.

Tell me were you crying about Kagawa and Welbeck's  playing time when you decided to splash the cash on van Persie? Look how that turned out.

If you are worried about Mourinho giving up on Martial then he sees something that you don't and that he's SHIT. Just dealio with it. You are getting a massive upgrade so instead of moaning about wannabe's playtime just chin up and celebrate the signing. It's a done dealio.

Nah not so much, if we finish outside top 4 (like the way u want Rolling Eyes ). Theres a legit chance of that happening owing to Spurs stunning form of late. I was counting them out before when I was saying that I was confident (of squeezing in). Now it seems Spuds are a challenger for the title itself let alone for a puny CL spot. lol. So, our chances have gone down considerably.

He can go to Chelsea.
@Katy he should fit in well I guess. Like you said, if Pedro can make it there, Griez should very well be able to I reckon.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:58 pm

S, my friend, Martial is actually the only player at Man United who can easily dribble and get past the opponents like a world class player. Mata, Pogba and Mkhy are more like some good runners with the ball when they get past somebody, Martial has great skills for this and it makes me desperate that he is the only one capable in our squad. Rashford is almost useless in the wing if he wants to cut inside in comparison to Martial.

Mourinho likes Martial and he said in an interview that if Martial will listen to him, things will be good for him. Nobody wants Martial to leave, only his agent.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:07 pm

wouldn't mind a strong french contingent at United tbh and if we want him we'll get him, rather sign Dybala though tbh

Almost Official : Antoine Griezmann joins Atletico Madrid I-am-rich-floyd-mayweather-throwing-money
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:15 pm

Firenze wrote:wouldn't mind a strong french contingent at United tbh and if we want him we'll get him, rather sign Dybala though tbh

Almost Official : Antoine Griezmann joins Atletico Madrid I-am-rich-floyd-mayweather-throwing-money

Cut that arrogance u dolt

You'd be lucky to sign someone like Griezmann. Don't come and pretend here like he's not good enough for you or something.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:30 pm

it's not arrogance when you've proven you can sign the biggest, best players in the world on a consistent basis you clown

just stating facts

Griezmann would love to join us even without CL IMO

I don't want him

I don't think he would join PSG but it's possible..not sure he would want to go to Ligue 1

could see him at Chelsea or MAYBE Arsenal as a Sanchez replacement

we are probably the favorites unfortunately
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Socur Toxanarosa Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:50 pm

Chelsea bound obviously. United won't be in CL, Griezmann won't take such a downgrade.
Socur Toxanarosa
Socur Toxanarosa
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:11 pm

Griezmann plays on the right and moves in for France. Payet plays on the left. It morphs into a 442 with Griezmann playing behind the CF.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:49 pm

Glory wrote:Why the hell are we acting as if we are the Real Madrid of England. Players who fit the systems needs to be brought in and not the other way around.

Too much pride to act like the Villareal of England, which would've been more accurate? hmm

Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:46 pm

Firenze wrote:wouldn't mind a strong french contingent at United tbh and if we want him we'll get him, rather sign Dybala though tbh

Laughing

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:16 pm

This looks like it will happen. He's always given subtle hints (some not so subtle) that he'd be open to a move to Utd, and he allegedly was a fan of the club growing up.

It's up to Mou to find a way to fit him at the 1st team, cuz as of now, this seems like a luxury signing.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:23 am

If Simeone moves to Arsenal hmm

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Ion Creanga Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:53 am

Wenger to simeone

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Ion Creanga
Ion Creanga
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:57 am

Diego Simeone insists he will not "tie down" Antoine Griezmann and prevent a Manchester United move. (Source: Independent)

De Gea
Valencia-Bailly-Lindelöf-Evra
Bakoyoko
Herrera-----Pogba
Mkhi-Zlatan-Griezmann

Almost Official : Antoine Griezmann joins Atletico Madrid H8HM0Pw Almost Official : Antoine Griezmann joins Atletico Madrid H8HM0Pw
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:38 pm

Katy Perry wrote:@jibers do you think he would fit at Chelsea? The 2 AMs in our 3421 don't really play wide as that's more of the wingbacks role, and we've seen how Pedro sliced into our starting line-up despite being an average footballer just because he offers a much more direct and vertical playstyle and movement off the ball compared to Hazard and Willian, and has been acting as a secondary goalscorer.

I assume Griezman could work in that role. Would much rather go for him than Sanchez tbh.

He could but is he worth it? I would prefer Sanchez tbh because he is more flexible and more creative. I just think getting the best out of requires too much adjusting the system to his strengths. The only player that deserves such treatment for me is one Lionel Messi.

Both work hard though. Atm, the team is perfectly balanced. Who would Sanchez replace? Pedro isn't average. I think he is like Sterling. He needs his role to be very specified for him to be effective. His role is very similar to the role Pep had him playing at Barcelona
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:26 pm

Griezmann is just very tired because of a long season followed by a long summer. He just didn't recover physically until he got the winter break. He took the Euro loss very very hard. I expect a big second half of the season.

Let's not forget the player he's consistently been just because of 3 months of bad form. Form is coming back btw. He was his old self in the last game.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:06 pm

S wrote:Diego Simeone insists he will not "tie down" Antoine Griezmann and prevent a Manchester United move. (Source: Independent)

De Gea
Valencia-Bailly-Lindelöf-Dybala
Bakoyoko
Herrera-----Pogba
Mkhi-Zlatan-Griezmann

Almost Official : Antoine Griezmann joins Atletico Madrid H8HM0Pw Almost Official : Antoine Griezmann joins Atletico Madrid H8HM0Pw

not gonna lie, this teams looks amazing on paper ffs
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:30 pm

Griezmann would have to be pretty lacking in ambition if he goes from CL contender to english club not even in the CL.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:57 pm

People here talking about Martial when he doesn't even make the bench against Stoke.

Mou Proud
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:23 pm

Agreed. Martial is a goner next summer. Just make sure to snap him up. We have full faith in Juve's player grooming skills. Make him a GOAT by 2020. We will pay 150m and get him back. Thumbs up

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 19 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next