Antoine Griezmann transfer speculation

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

Re: Antoine Griezmann transfer speculation

Post by Kaladin on Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:10 pm

He's not going to United, Bale has been booked already and he will take the #11 shirt and succeed Giggs

Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze on Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:10 pm

I disagree tbh, Atletico have been on the decline the last couple of seasons IMO, noticeably. (no denying they have been way more relevant in europe than we have the last decade though)

I think that right now we are better than them, as in this season and I think the future isn't too bright for Atletico, they've had their moment to shine and peaked.

On paper their team isn't amazing, I don't think the majority of their players would start for us. I think it's the opposite in that Simeone elevates a lot of them in his system and Mourinho gimps the majority of our players who aren't suited to his playstyle.

I don't think you can really say that Atletico have been better than us this season based on any real merit.

Not that I think we're far ahead of them or anything. Knocked out of the CL groups. Not looked great in the EL. Knocked out by Sevilla in the Copa over two legs (no shame in that, Sevilla have that 'eritage)

Yes, they're second by a few points in the table and have been all season (I think? kinda mirrors us in that regard)

We're in a cup final, reached the CL knockouts, have strong wins against elite opposition in the PL this season.

This is turning into a rambling rant (good job S) because I felt disrespected by people thinking Atletico are a better team than us this season. At worst Griezmann moving to us would be a sideways step. I think our future is brighter.
Firenze
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by S on Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:15 pm

@Kaladin wrote:He's not going to United, Bale has been booked already and he will take the #11 shirt and succeed Giggs

What's up with that sig hmm
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage on Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:25 pm

@Firenze wrote:I disagree tbh, Atletico have been on the decline the last couple of seasons IMO, noticeably. (no denying they have been way more relevant in europe than we have the last decade though)

I think that right now we are better than them, as in this season and I think the future isn't too bright for Atletico, they've had their moment to shine and peaked.

On paper their team isn't amazing, I don't think the majority of their players would start for us. I think it's the opposite in that Simeone elevates a lot of them in his system and Mourinho gimps the majority of our players who aren't suited to his playstyle.

I don't think you can really say that Atletico have been better than us this season based on any real merit.

Not that I think we're far ahead of them or anything. Knocked out of the CL groups. Not looked great in the EL. Knocked out by Sevilla in the Copa over two legs (no shame in that, Sevilla have that 'eritage)

Yes, they're second by a few points in the table and have been all season (I think? kinda mirrors us in that regard)

We're in a cup final, reached the CL knockouts, have strong wins against elite opposition in the PL this season.

This is turning into a rambling rant (good job S) because I felt disrespected by people thinking Atletico are a better team than us this season. At worst Griezmann moving to us would be a sideways step. I think our future is brighter.

I definitely didn't mean to disrespect you in any way, so if you felt I was, please accept my sincere apologies.

I still stand by my statement though, I truly think you haven't done enough to even be mentioned in the same breathe as Atlético who have been knocking elite teams in Europe year after year, doing the unthinkable and going neck and neck with Madrid and Barcelona - something that is worthy of tremendous respect and shouldn't be overlooked nor taken lightly.

I do agree with you though, the financial power that United has and Atlético lacks makes your future brighter than theirs. I also agree that Simeone's brilliance and Mourinho's incompetence play a huge role in making or breaking the squad. But the manager is also part of the team, right? That's just another area where Atlético beats you.

The Demon of Carthage
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:16 pm

@Firenze wrote:
@Unique wrote:Frenzy is like one of them kids that ask for a PS4 every Christmas but ends up with a Brussel sprout. Laughing

..We've signed a superstar every season since Moyes left at this point. This summer will be no different and Griezmann makes the most sense. So quite the opposite, I expect a PS4 every season and get one. :coffee: although in Sanchez' case it was a PS4 box with a PS2 inside. Laughing
Laughing Laughing

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8