Vlad the Impaler
Katy Perry
jibers
Glory
S
67 posters

Page 8 of 19 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 19  Next

Go down

Almost Official : Antoine Griezmann joins Atletico Madrid - Page 8 Empty Re: Almost Official : Antoine Griezmann joins Atletico Madrid

Post by Kaladin Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:10 pm

He's not going to United, Bale has been booked already and he will take the #11 shirt and succeed Giggs

Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Almost Official : Antoine Griezmann joins Atletico Madrid - Page 8 Empty Re: Almost Official : Antoine Griezmann joins Atletico Madrid

Post by Firenze Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:10 pm

I disagree tbh, Atletico have been on the decline the last couple of seasons IMO, noticeably. (no denying they have been way more relevant in europe than we have the last decade though)

I think that right now we are better than them, as in this season and I think the future isn't too bright for Atletico, they've had their moment to shine and peaked.

On paper their team isn't amazing, I don't think the majority of their players would start for us. I think it's the opposite in that Simeone elevates a lot of them in his system and Mourinho gimps the majority of our players who aren't suited to his playstyle.

I don't think you can really say that Atletico have been better than us this season based on any real merit.

Not that I think we're far ahead of them or anything. Knocked out of the CL groups. Not looked great in the EL. Knocked out by Sevilla in the Copa over two legs (no shame in that, Sevilla have that 'eritage)

Yes, they're second by a few points in the table and have been all season (I think? kinda mirrors us in that regard)

We're in a cup final, reached the CL knockouts, have strong wins against elite opposition in the PL this season.

This is turning into a rambling rant (good job S) because I felt disrespected by people thinking Atletico are a better team than us this season. At worst Griezmann moving to us would be a sideways step. I think our future is brighter.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:15 pm

Kaladin wrote:He's not going to United, Bale has been booked already and he will take the #11 shirt and succeed Giggs

What's up with that sig hmm
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:25 pm

Firenze wrote:I disagree tbh, Atletico have been on the decline the last couple of seasons IMO, noticeably. (no denying they have been way more relevant in europe than we have the last decade though)

I think that right now we are better than them, as in this season and I think the future isn't too bright for Atletico, they've had their moment to shine and peaked.

On paper their team isn't amazing, I don't think the majority of their players would start for us. I think it's the opposite in that Simeone elevates a lot of them in his system and Mourinho gimps the majority of our players who aren't suited to his playstyle.

I don't think you can really say that Atletico have been better than us this season based on any real merit.

Not that I think we're far ahead of them or anything. Knocked out of the CL groups. Not looked great in the EL. Knocked out by Sevilla in the Copa over two legs (no shame in that, Sevilla have that 'eritage)

Yes, they're second by a few points in the table and have been all season (I think? kinda mirrors us in that regard)

We're in a cup final, reached the CL knockouts, have strong wins against elite opposition in the PL this season.

This is turning into a rambling rant (good job S) because I felt disrespected by people thinking Atletico are a better team than us this season. At worst Griezmann moving to us would be a sideways step. I think our future is brighter.

I definitely didn't mean to disrespect you in any way, so if you felt I was, please accept my sincere apologies.

I still stand by my statement though, I truly think you haven't done enough to even be mentioned in the same breathe as Atlético who have been knocking elite teams in Europe year after year, doing the unthinkable and going neck and neck with Madrid and Barcelona - something that is worthy of tremendous respect and shouldn't be overlooked nor taken lightly.

I do agree with you though, the financial power that United has and Atlético lacks makes your future brighter than theirs. I also agree that Simeone's brilliance and Mourinho's incompetence play a huge role in making or breaking the squad. But the manager is also part of the team, right? That's just another area where Atlético beats you.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:16 pm

Firenze wrote:
Unique wrote:Frenzy is like one of them kids that ask for a PS4 every Christmas but ends up with a Brussel sprout. Laughing

..We've signed a superstar every season since Moyes left at this point. This summer will be no different and Griezmann makes the most sense. So quite the opposite, I expect a PS4 every season and get one. :coffee: although in Sanchez' case it was a PS4 box with a PS2 inside. Laughing
Laughing Laughing
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:27 pm

According to LEquipe, Barca want another go at this melt, 120 mil until the summer when the clause goes up to 200 mil.

they want to take advantage of Atletico flopping
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:37 pm

Big fan of his but I still don't see the point of Griezmann at Barcelona.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:39 pm

Doc wrote:Big fan of his but I still don't see the point of Griezmann at Barcelona.

We are desperately searching for Suarez successor for some time now. Given the available sample size, it actually makes sense.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:41 pm

Griezmann is not a center forward, so no it does not make sense
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:50 pm

What Nick wrote and also, Suarez is as complete as a forward as you can get. Griezmann really flourishes with a hold up forward as a focal point and he plays off. Paired together, I could see some legit stress those two can cause but if it is a replacement, um, I guess it can work out.

Still don't see the point but I get it. Sign the talent and let the manager figure that shit out.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:50 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:Griezmann is not a center forward, so no it does not make sense

Meh traditional center forward is not the end all be all of football nowadays. Look at how much Lewandowski stunk up the place against Liverpool. Without proper support traditional number 9s like Lewandowski are nearly useless. Bayern could have used someone like Griezmann or Firmino playing CF instead of Lewandowski in that tie.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:00 pm

Great player, terrible attitude. Would rather pass but it's likely to happen.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:08 pm

Griezmann in the middle is USELESS in the long run. He can play there in very specific situations (park the bus and counter) and in an emergency. But his skillset and physical makeup aren't suited for a central striker role... like not at all.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:02 am

Thought Barca is getting that discount Bundesfodder Piatek, aka Jovic.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:23 am

Don't call me James wrote:

Meh traditional center forward is not the end all be all of football nowadays. Look at how much Lewandowski stunk up the place against Liverpool. Without proper support traditional number 9s like Lewandowski are nearly useless. Bayern could have used someone like Griezmann or Firmino playing CF instead of Lewandowski in that tie.

You honestly dare to go there?

GTFO man
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:29 am

M99 wrote:Thought Barca is getting that discount Bundesfodder Piatek, aka Jovic.

They're being linked to everybody. No idea where all this money is coming from. They have already spent a truckload and from the looks of it, they're going to spend even more next summer.

I just hope they leave somebody for us to sign Laughing
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:35 am

Jovic will join neither Barca nor Real, I can confidently predict.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:48 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:

You honestly dare to go there?

GTFO man

Laughing Besides that wasn't Bayern's issue, more that their was zero urgency or tempo and their pass to Ribery hope he does something tactic.

Wouldn't have made a damn difference who was upfront, they were giving the ball up 30 yards from goal.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:21 pm

http://www.goallegacy.net/t36287-lewandowski-will-win-bayern-the-cl

Proud
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:53 pm

Don't call me James wrote:The guy is a god. Top 3 striker in the world. Bayern will finally have a player who will actually standout on another level individually when they win trophies. There will be games in CL where he will carry them on his own.

If he stays injury free Bayern win CL for me and he will get a top 3 Balon D'or nomination (can easily win it too depending on his season).

rofl
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:17 pm

I will never forgive this
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:33 pm

On the contrary, a traditional CF is still important but the role of the traditional CF has changed. Look at most of the top teams. The role of the traditional CF is now to enable the primary goalscorer.

For Barca, it is Suarez who does all the dirty work and opens up space for Messi to be the primary goalscorer.
For Liverpool, it is Firminho who does all the dirty work and opens up space for Salah to be the primary goalscorer.
For Juve, Mandzukic enables CR who is the primary goalscorer. For Madrid, it used to be Benzema enabling CR. For Atletico, it is Morata or Costa enabling Griezman. Etc

Bayern dont have that and it is not a surprise to me that Lewa struggles in crunch CL games. He is all alone up top with no elite goalscorers around.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:44 pm

alexjanosik wrote:

On the contrary, a traditional CF is still important but the role of the traditional CF has changed. Look at most of the top teams. The role of the traditional CF is now to enable the primary goalscorer.

For Barca, it is Suarez who does all the dirty work and opens up space for Messi to be the primary goalscorer.
For Liverpool, it is Firminho who does all the dirty work and opens up space for Salah to be the primary goalscorer.
For Juve, Mandzukic enables CR who is the primary goalscorer. For Madrid, it used to be Benzema enabling CR. For Atletico, it is Morata or Costa enabling Griezman. Etc

Bayern dont have that and it is not a surprise to me that Lewa struggles in crunch CL games. He is all alone up top with no elite goalscorers around.

This is why we still need Müller, to enable Lewandowski, and he was missing badly vs Liverpool
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu May 09, 2019 5:30 pm

Will join barca this summer
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu May 09, 2019 5:49 pm

Idiotic transfer. Not only does he occupy the exact same spaces as Messi and needs a real #9 infront of him to play off of but he is also left-footed which makes it even more useless as he cannot even be transformed into a David Villa type of "false LW" role. On top of that he will be 29 next season and has played many years in a physically demanding Simeone side, I doubt he will be in his prime beyond 30.

What's the point?

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu May 09, 2019 6:02 pm

Point is that Suarez scored 2 goals in the last 20 champions league game
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 19 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 19  Next