Valkyrja
Firenze
Kaladin
Harmonica
S
31 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Wayne Rooney appreciation thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Wayne Rooney appreciation thread

Post by S Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:34 pm

You think Pogba is any different? Or whoever is the next guy you build a team around ?(which is most likely Pogba)

Man United are a cash cow. Can't blame Rooney for milking the most of what he can for his benefits which anyone in his position would have especially at a club like United. Terry, Gerrard all did the same thing in their primes but it's only Rooney who gets the stick because apparently his playing level too low for United which is obviously BS.

If you think Rooney was bad, wait until Pogba sucks the club dry for his own marketing benefits. He's more of a businessman than Rooney will ever be.

S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Wayne Rooney appreciation thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Wayne Rooney appreciation thread

Post by Lucifer Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:57 pm

S wrote:
Man United are a cash cow.

I prefer to call them Rich Widow of Europe, people either first feck them and take their money like Juve or people first take their money and then feck them like Falcao, Di Maria, Dutch clubs etc.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:27 pm

Never liked him much, but gotta respect the longetivity and consistency through the years. So strange that u always feel he can do better, maybe as a result of being compared with Ronaldo and other United legends.... at his peak he really was a monster, at other times he can disappoint, but overall a top player.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:04 pm

End of an era.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:21 pm

Wayne Rooney appreciation thread - Page 2 DESpft-XYAA2QqL
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:47 pm

RealGunner wrote:Wayne Rooney appreciation thread - Page 2 DESpft-XYAA2QqL
Can I just say that this is possibly the worst kit in the PL this season... Absolutely shocking. Looks like a training top.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:17 pm

RealGunner wrote:End of an era.

He's not retired yet.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:34 pm

He's become so synonymous with United, hard to see him back at Everton, he's been a main player in United's most successful period, a true legend
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:04 pm

Yea, a true legend. One of my favourite players ever in the PL. In his prime he was unbelievably good. Shame it went downhill quite fast. he achieved everythere there was to achieve. Apart from Ballon d'Or of course.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:27 pm

I remember Rooney was the shit back when he begun with Manchester in his first years. So much hype. I'd say he had a fantastic career with Manchester , sure expectations were always extremely high but that's lyf for players like Rooney . Had his ups and downs , but all that trully remains is that he scored and won a lot , the rest are for virgins , Rooney was great for United and for many successful years.

Gonna be weird now watching him play for another club lol
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:45 pm

Legend, emblematic player of the great Man Utd era, now only Carrick remains if i'm not mistaken. Of course he is at the end of his rope, it's more a hit to the image of the club than a hit to its performance.

Welcome to the soulless era of Pogba, Lingard, Lukaku & friends where Man Utd looks like nothing. Only clowns that want to flash on social media.

Anyways, this transfer will look great on the back of my Upper Deck cards. I hope he retires there What a Face
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:51 pm

Didnt expect this, Mou is ruthless... and has the balls for sure to cut such a big namer player quickly.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:52 pm

Now that he's finally left, Feeling a tad bit sad. Hope he does well at Everton eventhough I am finding it hard to know what they see in him still. The man was finished like 3 seasons back.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:56 pm

Warrior wrote:

Welcome to the soulless era of Pogba, Lingard, Lukaku & friends where Man Utd looks like nothing. Only clowns that want to flash on social media.

This is so true and im not even biased when i say this. Right now thankfully the cringe is concentrated in United but its going to happen to the next generation of footballers soon enough.

Which implies we will soon become another generation of older fans who don't accept the norms that occur nowdays Proud
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:22 pm

Well, if the so called clowns match it up with performance on the pitch, then this 'grumpy old fan' in particular won't mind. Its when jobber frauds such as Lingard and co. do it, we start having problem.

And when talking about Pogba its more to do with him enjoying life than being a clown I think (kinda taken straight out of his mentor Evra's way of doing stuff). He is such a nice kid coming from humble background unlike people like Lingard, Memphis and Januzaj for example.

As for United becoming soulless, well we can't have both I guess. If there's wealth and on top of that people who don't know a damn about the game (woodward)  as in our case, galactico stuff will happen.
One thing I take pride though is the fact that unlike some other clubs we give young players at least some opportunity to show what they can do (which ofc can now change with short termist Mou at the helm). Still, that fact I think keeps us connected to our great past in a small yet satisfying way.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:52 pm

He leaves as Man Utd's all time top scorer, multiple league titles, and a Champions League. He is one of PL's all time greats for sure.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:57 am

My favourite player for years, we had our ups and downs but a legend regardless. Wish him all the best back at Everton...so strange he won't be in the squad.
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:21 pm

Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:51 pm

Like Raul who got so much love and lavish praise when he left Madrid, we do tend to forget the amount of verbal and written abuse Rooney got last season. And probably the season before that.

I'll actually miss seeing him in a Utd uniform. Hopefully, not sure how, he'll rediscover that he can actually play football really well at Everton.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:40 am

Legend of the game, too bad he never made it internationally as well.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:41 am

Abramovich wrote:Legend of the game, too bad he never made it internationally as well.

Current England captain, most goals for England, second most capped player, how has he not made it internationally? It's not his fault England can't produce a decent player to save themselves atm.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:02 am

In 2004 I remember he was rated as the new thing and not Cristiano Ronaldo. The English was rated as more talented , but then they took different street. Great career though. Still I remember when in 2010 I preferred Bayern over United because I feared so much Rooney ( then he got injured.. and Bayern passed with an eurogoal by Robben)
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:08 pm

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:14 pm

Laughing Proud
Like how he said a few weeks back Red Devils lack the leaders of his Old Trafford heyday and said "but that’s not my problem any more. I’m just ecstatic to be back" at Goodison , hey guess what, the fat bitch is not our problem anymore :coffee:

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:25 pm

he really on 160K P/W there? lmao

I know we paid him a fat contract but he got it when he wasn't shite
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:34 pm

These posts don't seem very appreciative Sad
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next