BarrileteCosmico
danyjr
33 posters

Page 16 of 32 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 24 ... 32  Next

Go down

Match Day Thread - Page 16 Empty Re: Match Day Thread

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:18 pm

Who does he think he is Laughing

If true he needs to get his act together or get ready to not play again for the rest of the season

BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:00 pm

Dembouz should have stayed at BVB, he's not ready to play for Barca. The best move for both parties now would be a loan away to a lesser La Liga team but since he's an arrogant French prick I doub't he'd be willing to do that.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:29 pm

yeah if those rumors are true, EV is the type that will straight bench him and be done with him. I like Dembele but I am not sure he is the type of player that fits our playing style. he would shine in a run and gun type team like the way Dortmund or Pool play, but in our possession heavy based style he ends up running into walls because defenders are usually standing against us. They really should start trying out Malcom some more, he was pretty solid in pre-season.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:55 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
alexjanosik wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:Well Messi's injured. Time to test out Alex's dreams and see how beautiful, high pressing, controlling and simple we can play without him.

Ter Stegen with an amazing save!

You cant expect high pressing randomly. It doesnt work like that. It takes a lot of training and practice to implement successfully in games. Compare Sevilles pressing to ours. Night and day. We havent pressed for 7 years. Cant expect to press overnight just because Messi is out. A good pressing game is imperative for the way we play, especially with the slow midfield and center defense we have.

Well sure, I completely agree. But the point I was making was that we can't put the blame on our poor pressing solely on Messi's lack of it, especially when the team as a whole only does it when they care enough to.

I think the Inter game proved conclusively that the blame for our poor pressing lies squarely with Messi.
We pressed aggressively and brilliantly yesterday without Messi. Inter could barely get out of their own half. I counted atleast 10 times when we won the ball back early in their half from pressing.
And no surprise that we looked defensively solid and the midfield and CB's looked great. Because we pressed from the front and defended with 11 players.
How many times were we countered? I dont think even once whereas any random game we are countered multiple times by scrubs.

Pressing is such an important tactic in the modern game. It is both a defensive and an offensive tactic, especially for us. It stops counters and protects the midfield and defense. It enables quick attacks and can lead to chance creation as opposition is on the backfoot. And for a non athletic team like ours, pressing is mandatory.

Besides pressing, we also looked much better in possession. No surprise that all players looked much better and the possession and ball movement was much more fluid without Messi. I liked the fast passing, the wonderful intercahnges in midfield, the constant movement among the front 3. Looked and felt like Cruyffian football.
This is how we should play instead of running everything through Messi and the one dimensional boring pass to Alba football.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:59 pm

thats ridiculous
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:08 pm

Alex you said yourself a few pages back that we pressed well in another recent game. I doubt a CL game changes that, the team is clearly capable of pressing well when they care to (Messi himself has done it plenty of times, and even for Argentina). The issue is to make this a consistent aspect of our game. If the team suddenly starts pressing well against every La Liga scrub then perhaps I could be persuaded Messi is to blame, but I think we would have pressed well vs Inter with or without Messi.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:27 am

Not sure how the logic of pressing stopping counters work because if your pressing fails it results in a counter.

Also as I mentioned doing so against the slow team that is Inter is fine but do that against PSG with Neymar and Mbappé up front and it'll be a disaster. Look at Inter's line up FFS they hardly have a single quick player in midfield or attack.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:18 am

danyjr wrote:Not sure how the logic of pressing stopping counters work because if your pressing fails it results in a counter.

Also as I mentioned doing so against the slow team that is Inter is fine but do that against PSG with Neymar and Mbappé up front and it'll be a disaster. Look at Inter's line up FFS they hardly have a single quick player in midfield or attack.

We attack with a lot of bodies. Normally just Pique, Umtiti and Busi are behind the ball. So when we lose the ball, leaves us open to a counter because we dont press. We press, win back the ball early stopping the counter.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:20 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Alex you said yourself a few pages back that we pressed well in another recent game. I doubt a CL game changes that, the team is clearly capable of pressing well when they care to (Messi himself has done it plenty of times, and even for Argentina). The issue is to make this a consistent aspect of our game. If the team suddenly starts pressing well against every La Liga scrub then perhaps I could be persuaded Messi is to blame, but I think we would have pressed well vs Inter with or without Messi.

I cant think of a game in recent memory where we pressed this well. Maybe we did reasonably well against Tottenham I think. I remember saying that Messi ran and no surprise he looked unplayable. But even that game, it was not as good as against Inter.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:50 am

Tbf this is the best game in recent memory where we played so great as a collective. But I guess thats because when Messi is on the pitch others feel like they can slow down a little because he'll always make up for any deficiencies with a goal out of nothing..... Sergi Roberto's post game comments kinda prove that theory since he said they always give their all every game but when Messi isnt there they give a little extra. So thats why it looks like we are actually better off without Messi but we're clearly not. If anyone is at fault here, it's the only the manager.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kebab Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:07 am

This was the game which Messi would make a hat-trick. many free-kicks in a great position, and tons of missed chances in attack. Inter played like Alaves
but would inter play like alaves if messi was there? he is the biggest motivation for opponents
Kebab
Kebab
Cant go to the last pages in mobile version. There is no page numbers

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:15 pm

What a glorious manita!
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:33 pm

Great match. Dominated them throughout barring 15 minutes at the start of the second half.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:37 pm

Sergio Roberto and Rakitic seem to like Read Madrid more than any other teams. Always put spectacular performances against them especially Roberto.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:19 pm

I thought we played brilliantly first half. Controlled the ball and the game. Excellent movement and exposed Nacho on their right all half. So not sure why we decided to play for the 2-0 in the second half. Granted the tactical switch Madrid made by switching to 3 and bringing on Lucas made a difference but we definitely backed off. It took us 15 minutes to start attacking again. Great sub by Valverde to bring on Semedo. That freed Roberto to go on his runs from deep which is what he is really good at. And then he brings on Dembele to expose Madrid down the left. Good tactical changes by Valverde to respond to Madrid's change. We played on the counter attack after that and destroyed them. It is not my favorite way of play. I would much rather play the way we did first half but fair play. Once more, we prove that we can play well and win well against the best without Messi.

On Madrid, shocking performance especially from the midfield. Once more, Modric and Kroos get owned by our midfield. How may times has Rakitic owned Modric?
And I cant wait for the day Marcelo retires. Outstanding player and the best LB I have seen.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:20 pm

Not a fan of EV's conservative approach to matches, but all of his subs worked out to a T in this match. Got to give him credit where credit is due.

Also Dembele is pretty nasty, too bad he hasn't shown this type of performance consistently. And I am happy for Vidal to get that goal, as it's well documented how much he hates Madrid lol.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:36 pm

Arthur with a solid game. Kid has some nerves. First season in Europe at the age of 22 and playing his first Clasico. Not easy to put in the solid shift he did today. And his passing seems a bit more expansive now. Still think it is thw weakest part of his game. Even he improves it a lot, we would have some player on our hands.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:06 pm

Decent training before next matchday against Vallecano. Everyone did their job and seemed to enjoy the process. Thats what I like to see. Whats up with Coutinho though? I expect much more from him but he seems to be a little off lately. Is this just a regular dip in form or some different issue?

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:08 pm

A shout out to Luis Suarez who in 5 seasons is close to if not already the best 9 in our history. There are contenders Like Kubala (who I have not seen) and Eto'o. Guy seems to love destroying Madrid.
Zubi was not a great technical director but he did land us Suarez, Rakitic and Mats, all of whom have been brilliant for us. Stellar performers all 3 for the past 5 years.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:11 pm

Myesyats wrote:Decent training before next matchday against Vallecano. Everyone did their job and seemed to enjoy the process. Thats what I like to see. Whats up with Coutinho though? I expect much more from him but he seems to be a little off lately. Is this just a regular dip in form or some different issue?

Bit of both I guess. I am not sure LW is his ideal position. I like him much better in midfield. Arthur has the spot now though. So the only position is LW. Is scoring goals though and hopefully game picks up too.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:01 am

You could see Arthur was no Xavi when he was surrounded by Madrid players. His first instinct is to keep the ball hence his first touch is always towards his own goal ie play safe. When he's surrounded from both sides he has to think with his first touch and lost the ball quite a few times when really tested.

Don't have premature orgasms over a mediocre performance against the worst Madrid in recent years.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:57 pm

Not sure if you remember Xavi's first years in the first team but he was very similar. Expecting Arthur to play like prime, World Cup winning 2010 Xavi in his first 5 matches with Barcelona in a Clasico is really not fair.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kebab Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:10 pm

Performance was not as great as result shows. I think against Inter team played better. These goals were like goals in a training match. I have never seen Madrid's defense such relaxed in the last 10 years. something tells me they did it on purpose
Kebab
Kebab
Cant go to the last pages in mobile version. There is no page numbers

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:52 pm

windkick wrote:Not sure if you remember Xavi's first years in the first team but he was very similar. Expecting Arthur to play like prime, World Cup winning 2010 Xavi in his first 5 matches with Barcelona in a Clasico is really not fair.
Also nobody expects Arthur to be EXACTLY like Xavi. We just hope he develops into a player of Xavi's profile, obviously he'll never be as good as Xavi who was a once in a lifetime player.

But obviously Dany always sees the negative side of things.

Arthur is a newcomer from a different continent and so far he's played like a veteran and bossed the pitch against 2 great European powerhouses in Madrid and Inter. Maybe those teams aren't at the peak of their form, but still, it's a big challenge for a South American player who isn't really familiar with playing in CL and the best leauge in the world which is La Liga.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:16 pm

Dembélé :facepalm:

Everything about him is wrong. His turnovers. His intensity.

Literally not worth a penny this guy.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:18 pm

What a pathetic first half from us against a third tier team.

Also gutted for Samper. Injured again
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 32 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 24 ... 32  Next