windkick
BarrileteCosmico
danyjr
33 posters

Page 21 of 32 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 26 ... 32  Next

Go down

Match Day Thread - Page 21 Empty Re: Match Day Thread

Post by futbol Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:49 pm

danyjr wrote:This team won't win shit. With or without Messi.

We're winning trebles and doubles almost every season, what are you on about?

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:56 pm

Watch the match, you guys were terrible. PSV could have won against you despite not having spent 5% of what you have. The fact that Alba was trying to run the clock down in the end speaks for itself.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:39 am

Since when do we have to peak in November? Players do not take these sort of games seriously anymore, La Liga minnows or group stage games where we are already qualified isn't the place to start 5-0-ing opponents.

Explain why we allowed Atletico, a much better team, only 3 shots in 90 minutes on their home turf but allowed PSV 23 shots, if not for simply taking it easy. Laughing

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:24 am

Psv should be mad at themselves for letting this game get away from them. We were pretty lathargic again.

3 things

1. What a ridiculous goal by Messi
2. Rakitic + Vidal in midfield at the same time doesn’t work
3. We will be lucky to win the league, let alone the Champions.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:13 pm

futbol wrote:Since when do we have to peak in November? Players do not take these sort of games seriously anymore, La Liga minnows or group stage games where we are already qualified isn't the place to start 5-0-ing opponents.

Explain why we allowed Atletico, a much better team, only 3 shots in 90 minutes on their home turf but allowed PSV 23 shots, if not for simply taking it easy. Laughing

Dany just likes to say that we won't win anything, there's hardly any logic behind it.

We comfortably topped the group with Spurs and Inter; style aside, result-wise we're doing very well. Especially in comparison with other big teams who are in the race for the CL trophy.

In the leauge we are also sailing smoothly, Sevilla and Atleti won't keep up with the pace.

I think we are looking at a La Liga and CdR double again, CL always a gamble. We're doing pretty well with what we have, despite Valverde being in charge.

To claim that "we'll win shit" is straight up delusional and I'm not surprised it was Dany who posted that....
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:38 pm

futbol wrote:Since when do we have to peak in November? Players do not take these sort of games seriously anymore, La Liga minnows or group stage games where we are already qualified isn't the place to start 5-0-ing opponents.

You still had your full team minus Suárez. And with the same logic PSV were out too so they didn't take the game seriously either.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:46 pm

Myesyats wrote:Dany just likes to say that we won't win anything, there's hardly any logic behind it.

We comfortably topped the group with Spurs and Inter; style aside, result-wise we're doing very well. Especially in comparison with other big teams who are in the race for the CL trophy.

In the leauge we are also sailing smoothly, Sevilla and Atleti won't keep up with the pace.

I think we are looking at a La Liga and CdR double again, CL always a gamble. We're doing pretty well with what we have, despite Valverde being in charge.

To claim that "we'll win shit" is straight up delusional and I'm not surprised it was Dany who posted that....

Why do you always jump on me brah, am I not allowed to have an opinion Laughing

Barcelona might win La Liga but that is not cause of your merit, it is the fact that all the other teams are playing like crap. Even you say Sevilla and Atlético won't keep up. That's cause they are not good enough, not Barça being good necessarily.

This team is unbalanced and it is not entirely Valverde's fault other than the beta tactics employs. The defence is actually the strongest point of this team (minus RB, both Semedo and Roberto are nowhere near good although for different reasons). But with Busquets being slow, no creative midfielder, Coutinho and Dembélé both being max €40m rated players you paid triple for, Messi walking in the pitch like it is a stroll in Las Ramblas and Suárez obviously having lost his touch, this team ain't going nowhere in CL. I expect another humiliating performance like vs Roma/Juventus in the past couple of years.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:59 pm

We're still the strongest team in the world right now bar Juve so there's that.

We played Real Madrid, Atletico, Inter and Spurs recently and we were (much) better in every one of these games.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:35 am

danyjr wrote:

You still had your full team minus Suárez. And with the same logic PSV were out too so they didn't take the game seriously either.

What are you talking about? Playing against Barca for PSV is a once in a lifetime opportunity. Playing against PSV for Barca is a boring waste of time.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Kebab Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:43 pm

Barca are still best team behind Juventus. and that is debatable too. i feel that Juventus will go into beta mode when they face barca and lose the match
Kebab
Kebab
Cant go to the last pages in mobile version. There is no page numbers

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:03 pm

Please tell me how Barcelona are better than they were two years ago when they got raped by Juventus?

Because I can tell you, Juventus are a much better team than they were 2 years ago. And it is not just Cristiano who has turned them from a good team to a world class team. The additions of Bentancur, Matuidi and Can has given them a lot of depth in midfield while Cancelo at RB allows Cuadrado to play the winger role he excels at.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:32 pm

Solid win although utterly boring match. Busquets and Rakitic stinking the joint again. Great game from Vidal and Pique though.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:26 am

Good first half, rather tepid second half. Interesting formation change from Valverde. I think he has dropped the 4-3-3 experiment, atleast when Messi is playing.
Went 4-4-1-1 with Vidal and Messi up top, with Vidal dropping deep in defense. He made a lot of runs into the box and with luck could have bagged a goal. Really liked his performance. Very lively and energetic. Messi was atrocious yet again. With better movement from him, Dembele would have had a couple of assists more. Alas, his highness cant be bothered to run. How a player who is bleeding the club dry gets away with such an insipid performance I dont know. He is dishonoring the club and the fans by putting in such lacklustre effort.

Dembele was great and showed once more that he needs to be kept. Also liked his link up with Semedo. The right side seems much more secure with Semedo than Roberto. Busquets had another shocker. I think it is time to bench him and try others. I would try Rakitic as the pivot with Vidal and Arthur/Coutinho ahead.

Lenglet still doesnt convince me defensively. Gets caught out of position and beaten far too often. He is a very good passer though.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:21 pm

Messi does need to make more of an effort. What he's doing now is just laughable. I think he had about one sprint all game. Walkessi is back in full force.

The entire team was pretty static though. Valverde dimission.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:28 am

danyjr wrote:Please tell me how Barcelona are better than they were two years ago when they got raped by Juventus?

Because I can tell you, Juventus are a much better team than they were 2 years ago. And it is not just Cristiano who has turned them from a good team to a world class team. The additions of Bentancur, Matuidi and Can has given them a lot of depth in midfield while Cancelo at RB allows Cuadrado to play the winger role he excels at.

I actually think we are the favorites for the CL. We have an elite squad, arguably the best in Europe and we can play multiple tactical formations depending on the situation. I think Valverde is a good tactician and with the team and Messi motivated to do well in Europe, I think we are favorites. The biggest factor is the squad depth. Last few seasons, among other things fatigue has played a part in us getting knocked out early. We foolishly played the starters in the Copa and with little depth looked spent in the quarters. This time, we would have the likes of Vidal, Dembele, Malcolm etc to come off the bench. That is formidable.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:52 pm

Im still hopeful that we win the CL this year, since thats really our mission this season, after watching Real win 4 in 5, and we really should have won more in the past decade, especially the way we lost to Roma which was one in a million game imo, its now or never. The other favourites for it comparatively, I feel we have the biggest chance still despite our weaknesses, overall we have the experience and players more so than any other club. As long as we keep improving and hit our top form towards the end of the season we can do it.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:32 pm

Myesyats wrote:Messi does need to make more of an effort. What he's doing now is just laughable. I think he had about one sprint all game. Walkessi is back in full force.

The entire team was pretty static though.
Valverde dimission.

I agree with this. Messi can do more but the entire team is meh right now. They ALL look to be going through the motions at times, and it ends up being very boring and predictable to the opponent. We have had so many games this season where it looks like we hardly even get any good shots off at all for an entire half. That's not on one player, thats a team effort.

EV is at fault for this. This has been going on all season and that man might know how to handle a team tactically but he can't light in a fire into the team. Everyone needs to be shaken up and we don't see any of it. Every week its the same boring thing
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:33 pm

Great seeing the kiddos get some mins
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:52 pm

Did Malcom get injured ?
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:47 am

Yeah he sprained his ankle, so hopefully nothing too bad
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:49 am

Considering I am going to support Barca more than an ordinary Barca fan on Wednesday against Spurs, I am sincerely worried for it
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:34 pm

Official: Malcom will be out for between 10 and 15 days after suffering an ankle sprain.

I don't think he would have played against Spurs anyway though hmm
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:06 am

Robespierre wrote:Considering I am going to support Barca more than an ordinary Barca fan on Wednesday against Spurs, I am sincerely worried for it

Our home record in the UCL is pretty spectacular
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:07 pm

Nice to see Messi running again.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:01 pm

I hope people who wanted Semedo over Roberto are happy with the gazillion mispasses he makes every match, as well as offering zero in attack other than back passes.

Can't wait for Roberto to bench this pleb again.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:07 pm

Semedo was great defensively, which works with me. Sergi completes those passes Semedo misses but then gets wrekt when we get countered.

Btw it’s a real nuisance having Messi on the team...
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 32 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 26 ... 32  Next