windkick
BarrileteCosmico
danyjr
33 posters

Page 23 of 32 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 27 ... 32  Next

Go down

Match Day Thread - Page 23 Empty Re: Match Day Thread

Post by windkick Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:44 pm

Interesting we had issues keeping clean sheets all season, then Sergi gets injured and we have had 4 clean sheets in a row with Semedo.

windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sun Dec 23, 2018 3:55 pm

Semedo is very good defensively and it is very hard to beat him 1 vs 1. Roberto gets destroyed 1 vs 1. Semedo is not great offensively so far. I still think that can change. He has all the tools to be good going forward, good pace, good technique and can combine well. It is just a question of consistent time and confidence. I hope Roberto gets nowhere near the 11.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:48 pm

Yeah it's not a coincidence we get clean sheets when Semedo is on. Roberto leaves that right side wide open. CBs have to cover for him and the whole defence falls apart.

Semedo may not be a dream RB but he's way better than Sergi.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:52 pm

alexjanosik wrote:Semedo is very good defensively and it is very hard to beat him 1 vs 1. Roberto gets destroyed 1 vs 1. Semedo is not great offensively so far. I still think that can change. He has all the tools to be good going forward, good pace, good technique and can combine well. It is just a question of consistent time and confidence. I hope Roberto gets nowhere near the 11.

Except being a wing back isn't just about 1v1 defending. Look at Marcelo, a very poor 1v1 defender but arguably one of the best wing backs of all time.

Unfortunately in Semedo's case he provides zero going forward with some of the poorest final balls I've seen in a wing back and also his positional awareness is just as poor as Sergi Roberto.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:45 pm

Marcelo is one the best offensive wing backs...not one of the best defensive. We already have Alba who can join in on the attack and with his speed can track back on time and defend. Sergi looks good in games we have control of the ball but the second we don't he gets exposed. He's simply not built to be a fullback, he should be in midfield where he has on every chance struggled to deal when getting pressured.

In other words, he's clutch and all that, but he shouldn't have a starting spot locked down in either the midfield nor in defense. Especially when offensively we are scoring a ton of goals already, then we also need to make sure we are keeping clean sheets. Semedo is better at that.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:34 pm

Surprise surprise.
We cant keep a clean sheet once Roberto is back. Why is this piece of garbage in the team? He backs off, backs off and gives all the time in the world to make a cross. Alba didnt cover himself in glory either by casually jogging back allowing a free cut back.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:17 pm

Funny how you keep mentioning Roberto but not Arthur. He doesn't give anything going forward and completely bypassed when he's defending. But yeah let's blame Roberto instead.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:37 pm

Didnt see anything wrong with Arthur's defending and he had some wonderful passes which created openings for us. Arthur is good enough while Roberto is garbage.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:52 pm

Just this one match? Have you forgotten every time Arthur plays you also concede? Just a coincidence? Laughing
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:04 pm

Semedo-Pique-Lenglet-Alba
Rakitic-Busi-Arthur
Messi-Suarez-Dembz

this is our strongest lineup right now no doubt.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:06 pm

Good lord did we get lucky. Btw us Rakatic holiding Valverdes kids hostage or someshit? No matter how bad he play he will continue to play him 90 mins every single match
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:10 am

Interesting tactical match. We played 3 at the back. They didnt press Rakitic in the first half and he was free to pick passes all the time. Dembele kind of roaming. It is a good tactic to mix up things. Not sure we have the personnel for it against top sides.

On to Copa, I really wish we lose. We have won 4 on the trot. I hope we play fringe players and lose. Playing further in it will cost us in CL, as it has last few years.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:06 pm

Levante beat the crap out of Barcelona last season and I get trying to get some B team guys in for this game. But EV started a pairing of CBs that have never really played with us, never played together, and 1 of them is lacking experience at this level and look at that score line. 30 mins in and we are down 2-0.

Also pretty wild playing Dembele as a 9...
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:05 pm

alexjanosik wrote:On to Copa, I really wish we lose. We have won 4 on the trot. I hope we play fringe players and lose. Playing further in it will cost us in CL, as it has last few years.

Your wishes have come true.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:17 am

Glad we rested a bunch of players including Alba, Rakitic, Messi, Suarez and Pique. Hope we dont play them in the return leg too. Play the youngsters who will get the experience.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:26 am

I doubt EV wants to throw away this tie so I expect Alba, Messi, Suarez and Rakitic to start in the return leg.

However, I wouldn't really mind if he fielded youngsters again in order to focus on CL.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:30 pm

There is no need to overdo the "resting" stuff. Spain had a winterbreak, Messi doesn't play for Argentina right now and he was injured for a while. He had the most rest of his life this season, he can easily play against Levante at home. Alba can also play since he doesn't play for Spain. Those 2 changes should be enough to progress, rest of the lineup (that horrible LB + Malcom out for Alba and Messi) should suffice.

Of course no one will cry over the Copa but it's still great to win a domestic double or even treble.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:31 am

futbol wrote:There is no need to overdo the "resting" stuff. Spain had a winterbreak, Messi doesn't play for Argentina right now and he was injured for a while. He had the most rest of his life this season, he can easily play against Levante at home. Alba can also play since he doesn't play for Spain. Those 2 changes should be enough to progress, rest of the lineup (that horrible LB + Malcom out for Alba and Messi) should suffice.

Of course no one will cry over the Copa but it's still great to win a domestic double or even treble.

Point is that it adds up. Assuming that we progress, we will play 4 additional games in the middle of the week over the next couple of months. Right next to internationals.
And I am not talking of Messi. He can play 365 days a year and still not be tired as the guy barely runs.
Talking of the likes of Alba (dont have a backup for him), Raki, Busi, Pique, Suarez, Dembele etc. Playing 6 additional games in Jan, Feb, Mar along with internations will certainly tire them out. Especially since every match against a La Liga team is a dogfight nowadays. Long gone are the days we could blow past teams.

Madrid do the sensible thing and throw it away which means they dont have the 6 additional games.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:12 am

Any big team can win any competition if they throw everything else and concentrate on it. With true football fans there's no glory in it, only with casuals. Treble is the biggest thing in football, that's the ultimate proof that you truly were the best team, by winning all. Now that we are the only team with two trebles, I don't mind semi-throwing Copa away, but I don't mind going for treble of trebles either. But saying that it's sensible throwing Copa away for a big team that has never won the treble, just to be glorified among casuals, is just stupid.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:29 pm

Playing on the backfoot and countering against mighty Eibar at home. And all because one player (who was the worst player on the pitch by a mile) who is bleeding the club dry is a one dimensional old school number 10 who cant adjust to modern football tactics. And the sad part is that the tedious 4-4-2 which Valverde uses to hide said player's tactical deficiencies wont work against big teams in the CL. The 4-4-2 works because of the genius of Suarez but even he cant be a one man army providing all the movement up front against the top teams.
It will never happen but the best team right now is Coutinho left, Suarez central and Dembele right.
And a midfield 3 of Raki, Vidal and Arthur. That team right there is CL material.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:30 pm

At least you didn't blame Roberto this time cheers
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:37 pm

Oh Scruberto got turned inside out by Cucurella. Whats there to say about him?

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:14 pm

alexjanosik wrote:Oh Scruberto got turned inside out by Cucurella. Whats there to say about him?
I trust Linetty upvoted that Laughing

I think Roberto had a good game. He provides much more than Semedo going forward it is not even a contest. I don't think in 2 years I've seen Semedo make a single important pass.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful Football Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:53 pm

We may disqualified from copa del ray for fielding an ineligible player against Levante.

https://www.elmundo.es/deportes/futbol/2019/01/17/5c408c95fdddff33a38b4611.html

I don't mind. Pointless trophy atm.We won it too many times.

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:26 pm

Really good match by Semedo.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:01 am

Hope we are disqualified. That is the midfield and RB I want to see against the big sides. BTW, we struck gold with Arthur.
Seems a steal for 40 mil. Still a little rough but is going to be an excellent player.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 32 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 27 ... 32  Next