Match Day Thread

Page 32 of 32 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32

Go down

Match Day Thread - Page 32 Empty Re: Match Day Thread

Post by alexjanosik on Sun May 19, 2019 3:08 pm

Surprise again. Busquets and Roberto start.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Posts : 2716
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Match Day Thread - Page 32 Empty Re: Match Day Thread

Post by danyjr on Sun May 19, 2019 3:15 pm

You can get rid of herpes these days but you can't get rid of these two Laughing

_________________
Match Day Thread - Page 32 Xle7g1
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors
Posts : 5706
Join date : 2012-02-24

http://www.tikitakatoom.tk

Back to top Go down

Match Day Thread - Page 32 Empty Re: Match Day Thread

Post by alexjanosik on Sun May 19, 2019 4:05 pm

As usual, game being played in our half. When was the last game when the game was predominantly played in the last third of the pitch? When was the last game when our top passers werent the CB's or FB's?

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Posts : 2716
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Match Day Thread - Page 32 Empty Re: Match Day Thread

Post by Myesyats on Sun May 19, 2019 4:06 pm

Valverde-ball is about the same level as Martino-ball. Awful

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Private
Posts : 10094
Join date : 2015-05-03
Age : 77

Back to top Go down

Match Day Thread - Page 32 Empty Re: Match Day Thread

Post by alexjanosik on Sun May 19, 2019 5:17 pm

It's not his fault.
Look at how Eibar played.
Look at how they pressed. They must have created atleast 5 chances with their press. How many seconds did they allow our players on the ball? Zero. Not one of our players had a second to breathe. Look at the way their forwards ran. I dont think Cucurrella and Orellana stopped running for a single second. How many second balls did they win? A ton. Where did their backline play? At the halfway line.
It's the same story against every team. Every single team has an infinitely better off the ball game than us. And thats the reason why we dont dominate games or play good football. Every single game is played by us on the backfoot with most of the football in our third of the pitch and most of the passes being made by our CB's.

Why dont we play the same way? Quite simple. Messi.
We are condemned to play football that is an eyesore until we get rid of him which is never going to happen. So we just have to wait till he retires which is going to be another 5 years by my reckoning. So enjoy the turgid football till Messi retires. We will go back to playing the Cruyff way once he leaves.

A coaching change will make no difference whatsoever. Doesnt matter if its Setien, Klopp or Pep himself. No difference whatsoever. Suggestions from Barca fans online are hilarious. Klopp. Freaking kidding me. Have you seen how much his teams run and press? Now imagine Klopp trying to implement that game with Messi. Likewise with Pep. Just wont work. We are condemned to watching the boring one dimensional pass to Alba and cutback football till Messi retires.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Posts : 2716
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Match Day Thread - Page 32 Empty Re: Match Day Thread

Post by windkick on Sun May 19, 2019 5:35 pm

I honestly didn’t even realize Rakatic was playing until some one fouled him around the 43rd min

_________________
Luis Suárez : "Nutmegs were my only option."
Match Day Thread - Page 32 1354616707_extras_noticia_foton_7_1
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 6200
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 36

Back to top Go down

Match Day Thread - Page 32 Empty Re: Match Day Thread

Post by danyjr on Sun May 19, 2019 5:37 pm

I remember Guardiola left when Messi started his transformation to Walkessi. I always wondered if that had anything to do with his departure hmm

_________________
Match Day Thread - Page 32 Xle7g1
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors
Posts : 5706
Join date : 2012-02-24

http://www.tikitakatoom.tk

Back to top Go down

Match Day Thread - Page 32 Empty Re: Match Day Thread

Post by BarcaLearning on Sun May 19, 2019 6:59 pm

Im struggling to understand how far Busquets and Rakitic has dropped recently, I mean they both started the season and for big part of it were very good. Is it tiredness? Or recent teams just able to figure us out, or what? Roberto also, hes been good more often than not for a while b4, but recently hes really been exposed, just not enough to be a starter for us, he offers not enough combativeness and control in midfield.

Its really strange, but we need the right players to be around Messi, players who work their ass off to make up as well as able to play with and link up with Messi. Atm apart from Arthur, and hopefully De Jong, and if a few others step up than its not bad. But players like Alena for me just dont look like anything near what we need still....
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 5185
Join date : 2011-12-08

Back to top Go down

Match Day Thread - Page 32 Empty Re: Match Day Thread

Post by Kebab on Sun May 19, 2019 7:36 pm

Before it was Xavi, then Iniesta, then Alves now its Alba that some kids use to downplay Messi. Why its bad when Messi finds new ways to score? What is your point? He can play only to the left side? He cant link up with the player who is on right side of the pitch? Can you open your blind eyes and check Alves - Messi connection? Alves had the most assists to Messi and their link up play was most beautiful one in recent years

This season its not all about Alba either. I dont know from where "cutting back to alba" nonsense comes but if you watch his goals maybe only 10% of them was "cutting back to alba" another 90% were his individual efforts. After watching his goals i can say that most of his goals came from right side of the pitch not the left


_________________
Match Day Thread - Page 32 53581810
Kebab
Kebab
Cant go to the last pages in mobile version. There is no page numbers

Posts : 726
Join date : 2016-02-06

Back to top Go down

Match Day Thread - Page 32 Empty Re: Match Day Thread

Post by Kebab on Sun May 19, 2019 7:53 pm

@alexjanosik wrote:It's not his fault.
Look at how Eibar played.
Look at how they pressed. They must have created atleast 5 chances with their press. How many seconds did they allow our players on the ball? Zero. Not one of our players had a second to breathe. Look at the way their forwards ran. I dont think Cucurrella and Orellana stopped running for a single second. How many second balls did they win? A ton. Where did their backline play? At the halfway line.
It's the same story against every team. Every single team has an infinitely better off the ball game than us. And thats the reason why we dont dominate games or play good football. Every single game is played by us on the backfoot with most of the football in our third of the pitch and most of the passes being made by our CB's.

Why dont we play the same way? Quite simple. Messi.
We are condemned to play football that is an eyesore until we get rid of him which is never going to happen. So we just have to wait till he retires which is going to be another 5 years by my reckoning. So enjoy the turgid football till Messi retires. We will go back to playing the Cruyff way once he leaves.

A coaching change will make no difference whatsoever. Doesnt matter if its Setien, Klopp or Pep himself. No difference whatsoever. Suggestions from Barca fans online are hilarious. Klopp. Freaking kidding me. Have you seen how much his teams run and press? Now imagine Klopp trying to implement that game with Messi. Likewise with Pep. Just wont work. We are condemned to watching the boring one dimensional pass to Alba and cutback football till Messi retires.

You got a chance of your life to bash Messi, congatulations kid.
But for a moment think with your brain and tell me when Messi walked in CL this season? He was running like anyone else. He walked in la liga and he did it right
By your logic Pep can win CL if there is no walking Messi in his team. Pep did nothing with his super teams in CL and when he faced Messi he got destroyed by him.
By your logic any team can win CL without Messi but all big european teams flop in CL, instead Tottenham and Ajax play in semi final. What kind of logic is this?
Which big team dominated CL without walking Messi in the last decade? (other than Madrid)?
By your logic if a big team has no Messi they will win everything?
The truth is you have no logic when you talk about messi. Messi's latest performances in CL made him main conteder for ballon dor, and you say he did nothing in CL. Open your eyes dude

_________________
Match Day Thread - Page 32 53581810
Kebab
Kebab
Cant go to the last pages in mobile version. There is no page numbers

Posts : 726
Join date : 2016-02-06

Back to top Go down

Match Day Thread - Page 32 Empty Re: Match Day Thread

Post by windkick on Sun May 19, 2019 10:10 pm

Messi is definitely the guy we need to sell because he doesn’t track back

https://twitter.com/totalbarca/status/1130217334415609856?s=21

_________________
Luis Suárez : "Nutmegs were my only option."
Match Day Thread - Page 32 1354616707_extras_noticia_foton_7_1
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 6200
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 36

Back to top Go down

Match Day Thread - Page 32 Empty Re: Match Day Thread

Post by windkick on Sun May 19, 2019 10:16 pm

@danyjr wrote:I remember Guardiola left when Messi started his transformation to Walkessi. I always wondered if that had anything to do with his departure hmm


Ha, no chance. Pep is the biggest Messi fanboy out there. He left because Rossell pushed him out. Rossell wanted to separate from the Cruyff/Laporta era and first and foremost he needed to do his own thing with his own people and that meant Pep. The feud Pep had with Rossell was well publicized and it had nothing to do with Messi. Pep speaks nothing but praises for him and owes a lot of his success to him.

I’m sure you know a bit more than the classy dressed Spaniard

_________________
Luis Suárez : "Nutmegs were my only option."
Match Day Thread - Page 32 1354616707_extras_noticia_foton_7_1
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 6200
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 36

Back to top Go down

Match Day Thread - Page 32 Empty Re: Match Day Thread

Post by Myesyats on Sun May 19, 2019 11:24 pm

Theres plenty of blame to go around and Messi is a problem but Valverde also needs to go. I hate how he gets shielded by Bartomeu just because the latter doesnt know a thing about football and just cares about the money.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Private
Posts : 10094
Join date : 2015-05-03
Age : 77

Back to top Go down

Match Day Thread - Page 32 Empty Re: Match Day Thread

Post by alexjanosik on Tue May 21, 2019 2:36 am

@Kebab wrote:
@alexjanosik wrote:It's not his fault.
Look at how Eibar played.
Look at how they pressed. They must have created atleast 5 chances with their press. How many seconds did they allow our players on the ball? Zero. Not one of our players had a second to breathe. Look at the way their forwards ran. I dont think Cucurrella and Orellana stopped running for a single second. How many second balls did they win? A ton. Where did their backline play? At the halfway line.
It's the same story against every team. Every single team has an infinitely better off the ball game than us. And thats the reason why we dont dominate games or play good football. Every single game is played by us on the backfoot with most of the football in our third of the pitch and most of the passes being made by our CB's.

Why dont we play the same way? Quite simple. Messi.
We are condemned to play football that is an eyesore until we get rid of him which is never going to happen. So we just have to wait till he retires which is going to be another 5 years by my reckoning. So enjoy the turgid football till Messi retires. We will go back to playing the Cruyff way once he leaves.

A coaching change will make no difference whatsoever. Doesnt matter if its Setien, Klopp or Pep himself. No difference whatsoever. Suggestions from Barca fans online are hilarious. Klopp. Freaking kidding me. Have you seen how much his teams run and press? Now imagine Klopp trying to implement that game with Messi. Likewise with Pep. Just wont work. We are condemned to watching the boring one dimensional pass to Alba and cutback football till Messi retires.

You got a chance of your life to bash Messi, congatulations kid.
But for a moment think with your brain and tell me when Messi walked in CL this season? He was running like anyone else. He walked in la liga and he did it right
By your logic Pep can win CL if there is no walking Messi in his team. Pep did nothing with his super teams in CL and when he faced Messi he got destroyed by him.
By your logic any team can win CL without Messi but all big european teams flop in CL, instead Tottenham and Ajax play in semi final. What kind of logic is this?
Which big team dominated CL without walking Messi in the last decade? (other than Madrid)?
By your logic if a big team has no Messi they will win everything?
The truth is you have no logic when you talk about messi. Messi's latest performances in CL made him main conteder for ballon dor, and you say he did nothing in CL. Open your eyes dude


Lets have a civil discussion. No need to be combative. The discussion was around how our football has degenerated. It was not at all about CL. I personally dont think that is the fault of the coach. To play a proactive, Cruyff style in the modern game, you need a few things. A great pressing game, a great off the ball game and a 4-3-3.
Its not possible to play the Cruyff way with Messi. He is a number 10 and the Cruyff way doesnt have a number 10. And it certainly wont work in the modern game if the objective is to play front foot attacking beautiful football. I am not talking about CL.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Posts : 2716
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Match Day Thread - Page 32 Empty Re: Match Day Thread

Post by Myesyats on Tue May 21, 2019 8:15 am

Back when we played good football.... Just compare this to the games we have to concur with these days.



When Messi receives the ball, everyone is engaged and creating space. Oh how I miss that

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Private
Posts : 10094
Join date : 2015-05-03
Age : 77

Back to top Go down

Match Day Thread - Page 32 Empty Re: Match Day Thread

Post by Kebab on Tue May 21, 2019 12:25 pm

Valverde is not Cryuff. He coached an average club and his best tactics against big teams was defending. Transformation would take 10 years, in two years he cant think like Cryuff, being defensive is in his DNA.

If Xavi becomes barca coach you can expect to see cryuff football, even with messi. Messi knows when to walk and when to run. He runs if its an important game. But you need to replace half of the squad to play that beautiful football. Players like Alves, Iniesta would make the game beautiful even if messi walks. With vidal, dembele, rakitic, coutinho you cant play a smart football

You want old barca back, but 90% players of that barca left the team and in result the team changed. These are the main reasons why barca look so different. Its not because of messi, when you dream about the past you put all the blame on messi. You tell yourself that "If messi left we would be in old barca level again" which is ridiculous. That barca will never come back again, and there will be no young messi-xavi-iniesta level trio in the same team and at the same time in near future.

At best you can target the level of M.City or Juventus, and they are no better than this current barca with walking messi.
But your target is more than that. You want to be in the level of that old barca which was the result of young messi-xavi-iniesta, not the cryuff football or cryuff system. Wonderkids were born in the same time in the same team and it happens once in a lifetime because they also shared same phylsophy and same academy
Its very rare for youth teams to produce 7 GOAT players in the same time. Their football skills were above anyone else plus their understanding with each other was like mother language. This is the best way to be that old Barca not with other coach or cryuff system. If you want to built that barca using another ways with transfers and buying star players you will be M.city, psg or juventus and those teams are no better than current barca with walking messi

_________________
Match Day Thread - Page 32 53581810
Kebab
Kebab
Cant go to the last pages in mobile version. There is no page numbers

Posts : 726
Join date : 2016-02-06

Back to top Go down

Match Day Thread - Page 32 Empty Re: Match Day Thread

Post by FennecFox7 on Wed May 22, 2019 4:51 am

Manchester city is miles above any team besides liverpool man. What are you even talking about..

And how are you even comparing Man city with Juve.. What am i reading.

You're not getting the point. In modern football, everyone has to run. Period. As someone who knows professional footballers personally and have played semi professional soccer, this is very true. The game is changing. Football was always behind other sports like basketball, rugby in terms of conditioning but they are playing catch up big time. These modern teams such as liverpool, man city, and ajax is due to the evolution of sports science (and PEDs) regarding conditioning. So now even talented players like Mahrez, Bernardo Silva, Ziyech, Salah, Aguero etc are busting a gut to play defense and press as well as making runs in the attack.

Cryuff said himself that off the ball movement is 99% of the game.. this is so true. Even though I'm a madrid fan, I am a big advocate of his football philosophies. If you're not creating options with runs and showing for the ball, pulling defenders out of position, you're useless pretty much and easily marked out of the game until you get the ball.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 6554
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 23

Back to top Go down

Match Day Thread - Page 32 Empty Re: Match Day Thread

Post by Kebab on Wed May 22, 2019 8:45 am

You just repeated what alexjanosik said and i replied to that comment above

@Kebab wrote:Messi knows when to walk and when to run. He runs if its an important game

He ran vs liverpool like any other player



And i didnt understand what you said about M.city. But i repeat what i said. M.City and other super teams have no messi, they run non stop, but they are not achieving more success than this current barcelona. In the last decade every team won CL once except Madrd. Probably it will be Liverpools last in this decade like Chelsea, Inter and B.Munich. But alexjanosik wants CL trophy every 2-3 years, so he wants better team than chelsea inter B.munich and cl flops like M.City, PSG and etc. In short he wants that old Barca who won it every 2 years. And my point was that no team in near future will be in that barca level, building new team by buying star players has no good record in football, except if you buy referees too

_________________
Match Day Thread - Page 32 53581810
Kebab
Kebab
Cant go to the last pages in mobile version. There is no page numbers

Posts : 726
Join date : 2016-02-06

Back to top Go down

Match Day Thread - Page 32 Empty Re: Match Day Thread

Post by FennecFox7 on Wed May 22, 2019 9:00 am

Talking to you is talking to like a brick wall. I respect your opinion but please actually take the time to read people's posts before responding. You are misinterpreting several parts of his and my posts.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 6554
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 23

Back to top Go down

Match Day Thread - Page 32 Empty Re: Match Day Thread

Post by Kebab on Wed May 22, 2019 12:33 pm

Go to the Juventus section pls

_________________
Match Day Thread - Page 32 53581810
Kebab
Kebab
Cant go to the last pages in mobile version. There is no page numbers

Posts : 726
Join date : 2016-02-06

Back to top Go down

Match Day Thread - Page 32 Empty Re: Match Day Thread

Post by FennecFox7 on Wed May 22, 2019 4:51 pm

@Kebab wrote:Go to the Juventus section pls


You are ridiculously immature man. should have put you in my ignore section a long time ago. Have a good day. To the veteran posters of this section, Sorry you guys gotta deal with this dude. He's your chad.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 6554
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 23

Back to top Go down

Match Day Thread - Page 32 Empty Re: Match Day Thread

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 32 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum