Nishankly
zigra
Hapless_Hans
31 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Liverpool Flopping - Page 5 Empty Re: Liverpool Flopping

Post by Glory Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:39 am

@RA, dont think Klopp will get the same amount of time he got at BVB with Pool. 3 years is like until the 19-20 season. No way Liverpool board will give him that much time. (If you can attain top 4 at least twice in that period, I dunno, may be).

However I do believe Klopp will get a 80-100m transfer purse window. He must be regretting now not going for better players in the last window and clearly overestimated his credentials slightly. Therefore next summer I can see him being a bit more proactive. And the board themselves must have understood by know theres no way around it and the issue need desperate fixing.

hart(10)
clyne-matip-tah(30)-gaya(20)
henderson
lallana-paredes(20)
firmino-coutinho
jese(20)

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:01 pm

Red Alert wrote:
Don't call me James wrote:

Firmino is the biggest fraud at the club. I would gladly sell him and would love to see the back of his ugly mug.

Do *bleep* off.

He's in the top 3 best players at the club.

Stop it. Firmino is the most overrated player at the club now that Sakho is gone.

Coutinho, Mane, and Matip are our top 3 players. And it's not very close.

Firmino has like 3 goals in the last 20 games playing as a striker most of them.

He hasn't played single good match without Coutinho holding his hand.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by footyfan01 Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:40 pm

Matip is a clown but anyways as I was saying Pool need a CB, LB & LW/RW in the next window. And maybe a CM/DM guy as Wijnaldum clearly isn't that good as a starter (& neither is Lallana).

Firmino is pretty decent as a ST if you can have Mane, Coutinho & another top player behind him. He is not good enough as a winger/10 IMO.

Liverpool have to spend a 100M this season. Ricardo Rodriquez, Tah, Promes, Goretzka are my suggestions!

footyfan01
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:59 pm

I think red alert is right. How can you expect klopp to beat bottom 3 clubs without a squad to match Real Madrid. It's just not possible
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:21 pm

Coutinho is not better than Firmino. He's wildly inconsistent and has been pretty poor in general since returning from injury. Firmino isn't a striker, he's good as a 'false 9' against top clubs that afford us space in which to play but the reality is that Firmino would be perfect as a 10 playing behind a true striker in a different set-up.

Still, Firmino, Mané and Henderson are our best players and our performances without Henderson in the side this season speak for themselves.

Also, for the record, Klopp has been a manager for 16 years and won 3 trophies. He made some quality additions to that Dortmund side, but he also walked into a very nicely set up team and a fairly open league. I like him a lot, and I'm not advocating that he should be out, but please do tone it down on the hyperbole he's not some godsend of a manager that demolishes everything in his path.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:07 pm

Lmao Henderson Laughing

Firmino has 3 goals in the last 20 games playing as a striker. When Coutinho got injured and wasn't there to hold his hand he had the worst patch of form than anyone else in the team.

funny you talk about inconsistency with Phil but Firmino is by far the most inconsistent layer in this current team. He has like 1 good performance in 5.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:35 pm

Red Alert typically of him, sums it up well albeit in a different way then I would. We are all angry at Klopp as of late but no need for him to get sacked unless he truly refuses to change his ways. He showed similar traits at his final days in Dortmund but the man is smart and experienced enough to learn from it, and learn he will. That does not mean our loyalty to him should elevate to the God-status some of our blood thirsty fans do so, but Klopp is not part of the problem as our transfer strategy and highly overrated squad is.

Examples are:

Coutinho is our best player. Our defence bar Clyne and Matip are average as Lovren still starting is unbelievable. Klavan was good once but now past it or just adapting. Whoever says Firmino is trash clearly has not watched how he is supposed to be played or at his best at Hoffenheim. Square pegs round holds etc. Henderson is serviceable but not a true leader and no one can blame him for that. Sturridge is finished. Origi is nowhere near the player McAgger hypes him for and will end up another Niang. Baffling hype.

Moving on from individual analysis this is not an excuse not to be in the Top 4 but our genuine lack of star power and variables developing into constants are concerning and until Klopp does not take the courage to learn from his mistakes, reflect and tweak his promising system, we will not flourish as the players indeed are too spineless, lost and guileless to do so without externalities fuelling their guise.

But keep faith, we're going through hell. Keep going and it will get better.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:03 am

Glory wrote:@RA, dont think Klopp will get the same amount of time he got at BVB with Pool. 3 years is like until the 19-20 season. No way Liverpool board will give him that much time. (If you can attain top 4 at least twice in that period, I dunno, may be).

Why won't he get the time?

FSG wanted him from the very beginning. They wanted him or a like figure since 2010. lol

I highly doubt they'll sack him any time soon.

He hasn't even completed a full season at the club. He came in the middle of a crisis last season. This is initially his first season and apart from the collapse in the passed 2 months we haven't been that bad this season. He just has to be ruthless in regards to what happens this summer. And from the looks of things, we can see a few players out so I think he's had enough of a few of them.

And he literally just signed a 6 year contract or some shit a couple months ago?

Stop it. Firmino is the most overrated player at the club now that Sakho is gone.

Firmino has like 3 goals in the last 20 games playing as a striker most of them.

You calling any player overrated / underrated is hysterical.

You stating who our top 3 players is also hysterical considering your opinion changes every second week.

Firmino hasn't even been playing as a striker in the passed 20 games. Are you that deluded that you have to read stats and stupid tweets? Is that what inspires your amazing contribution to this forum?

Coutinho has been inconsistent himself. He's had two good months of football and than decided to an Ozil. You can't blame them though. Both Coutinho and Firmino have no support.

Unique wrote:I think red alert is right. How can you expect klopp to beat bottom 3 clubs without a squad to match Real Madrid. It's just not possible

I think it was better when you were banned. You spout the same shit over and over, you're boring.

Curtinho wrote:

Also, for the record, Klopp has been a manager for 16 years and won 3 trophies. He made some quality additions to that Dortmund side, but he also walked into a very nicely set up team and a fairly open league. I like him a lot, and I'm not advocating that he should be out, but please do tone it down on the hyperbole he's not some godsend of a manager that demolishes everything in his path.

Are you still trying to downplay his ability to make Rodgers look better? Because lol.

Again, he has his faults, every single person does. But he is the only world class figure at the club. The primmadonas at the club, aka the players, are very very average. They play out of their skin to prove themselves against the "top sides" and are toothless when it comes the bottom half. It's been the biggest problem for many years now. Again, we've finished ONCE in the top 4 since 2010, and that's because we had arguably the best number 9 carrying us to a title challenge in arguably the most open PL in ages (all the top teams had fairly new managers etc).
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:12 am

Arquitescu wrote:Red Alert typically of him, sums it up well albeit in a different way then I would. We are all angry at Klopp as of late but no need for him to get sacked unless he truly refuses to change his ways. He showed similar traits at his final days in Dortmund but the man is smart and experienced enough to learn from it, and learn he will. That does not mean our loyalty to him should elevate to the God-status some of our blood thirsty fans do so, but Klopp is not part of the problem as our transfer strategy and highly overrated squad is.

Even then, was he not the most in form team in the second half of the season when key personnel came back from injury? Not too mention he lost key players year after year to his direct rivals, leaving him to have to tweak / bed in new players. It's not like he's stupid tactically. He had a poor 6 months of football and everyone thinks he's lost the ability to manage. Laughing

Which is hilarious, because certain people defended Rodgers for losing Suarez (aka one player) and wanted to give him many years of patience which in turn made him build such a great current side.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:13 am

Don't call me James wrote:Lmao Henderson Laughing

Why are you laughing at Henderson / what he's said?

He's our best midfielder lmao. I don't personally agree with him playing as the deepest, I think he should moved a little more advanced / as a box to box but we play a lot better when he's on the pitch. He's not a leader, mind. But his presence on the pitch is shown when he's not playing.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:10 am

Whatever happened to Firmino? Wasn't he as good as Sanchez hmm
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:04 pm

Turns out he is not. No

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:23 pm

Red Alert wrote:
Glory wrote:@RA, dont think Klopp will get the same amount of time he got at BVB with Pool. 3 years is like until the 19-20 season. No way Liverpool board will give him that much time. (If you can attain top 4 at least twice in that period, I dunno, may be).

Why won't he get the time?

FSG wanted him from the very beginning. They wanted him or a like figure since 2010. lol

I highly doubt they'll sack him any time soon.

He hasn't even completed a full season at the club. He came in the middle of a crisis last season. This is initially his first season and apart from the collapse in the passed 2 months we haven't been that bad this season. He just has to be ruthless in regards to what happens this summer. And from the looks of things, we can see a few players out so I think he's had enough of a few of them.

And he literally just signed a 6 year contract or some shit a couple months ago?

You calling any player overrated / underrated is hysterical.

You stating who our top 3 players is also hysterical considering your opinion changes every second week.

Firmino hasn't even been playing as a striker in the passed 20 games. Are you that deluded that you have to read stats and stupid tweets? Is that what inspires your amazing contribution to this forum?

Coutinho has been inconsistent himself. He's had two good months of football and than decided to an Ozil. You can't blame them though. Both Coutinho and Firmino have no support.

Unique wrote:I think red alert is right. How can you expect klopp to beat bottom 3 clubs without a squad to match Real Madrid. It's just not possible

I think it was better when you were banned. You spout the same shit over and over, you're boring.

Curtinho wrote:

Are you still trying to downplay his ability to make Rodgers look better? Because lol.

Again, he has his faults, every single person does. But he is the only world class figure at the club. The primmadonas at the club, aka the players, are very very average. They play out of their skin to prove themselves against the "top sides" and are toothless when it comes the bottom half. It's been the biggest problem for many years now. Again, we've finished ONCE in the top 4 since 2010, and that's because we had arguably the best number 9 carrying us to a title challenge in arguably the most open PL in ages (all the top teams had fairly new managers etc).
I tell you who repeats the same shit all the time and that's klopp. Your saying we are getting beat by relegation teams because klopp has a poor squad yet every team in the bottom half of the table would swap squads with us in a heart beat. The only thing that's full of shit is you and klopps defensive tactics they are worst than Rodgers
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:27 pm

We should do a poll. Who thinks klopp wake up one day and have the answers to how to defend. I mean like wow why didn't I think of that before. Or who like me thinks if you are a world class manager like some people think after a year in charge and 3 transfer windows you should at least see a better defence then a donkey like Rodgers put out.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:39 pm

I think that's the problem, you're holding Klopp the standards of a tremendous character-manager like Rodgers. I still maintain you should never have sacked him. Klopp won't achieve the highs that Rodgers hit during his reign,
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:20 pm

Firenze wrote:I think that's the problem, you're holding Klopp the standards of a tremendous character-manager like Rodgers. I still maintain you should never have sacked him. Klopp won't achieve the highs that Rodgers hit during his reign,
football is simple. You get a top class manager and sign top class players. If you do that you will win titles.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:29 pm

well if you think that and Liverpool can't attract either of those what are you whining about
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:38 pm

Firenze wrote:well if you think that and Liverpool can't attract either of those what are you whining about
why. if man u can bribe people to play for you so can we.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:45 pm

Unique wrote:
Firenze wrote:well if you think that and Liverpool can't attract either of those what are you whining about

You don't have as much money as we do nor are you as big as us.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:01 pm

Red Alert wrote:Are you still trying to downplay his ability to make Rodgers look better? Because lol.

I haven't spoken of him in comparison to Rodgers in a while I think. To me this isn't about trying to downplay Klopp -- he's our manager and I want him to succeed. I'm just saying he's not faultless and it's hard to call a manager who has barely won any trophies 'world class' based on one or two seasons where he had some of the best players in the world in his side. I think that he has some really good ideas, but he's not pragmatic enough and I think his approach is a little arrogant. He is still young for a manager and he can learn.

As far as the players go you can say they're average but Klopp is the one that decided he likes them and wants to use them. He's had opportunity to make changes and hasn't. I still think there's plenty of time for him to recover from this poor run and this summer I hope that he recognizes where we need key upgrades and moves on from a few of the players. The knee-jerk contract extension to Lallana was a bit much for me but we'll see.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:16 pm

M99 wrote:
Unique wrote:

I'm not talking about paying 120 mil for pogba or giving a 35yo 400k per week to carry us. But we could get good players if we wanted
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:22 pm

Unique wrote:
M99 wrote:
Unique wrote: why. if man u can bribe people to play for you so can we.

I'm not talking about paying 120 mil for pogba or giving a 35yo 400k per week to carry us. But we could get good players if we wanted

Then why don't you get good players, because you don't want them Laughing
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:45 pm

M99 wrote:Whatever happened to Firmino? Wasn't he as good as Sanchez hmm

Who said he was as good as Sanchez? I thought that the argument was he was as good as/better than Ozil. Which he is. I thought he'd continue to improve this season and be up there with Hazard and Sanchez but he's definitely seen a dip in form (though I compare it more to the whole team struggling ala Hazard's poor form last season).
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:53 pm

Reading the Pool fans comments in this thread rofl rofl Proud Isn't this sweet to watch, Mole?

If only we could beat them this weekend, it would have been brilliant. Would send them straight down a downward spiral for the rest of the season until they beat a few big teams early in the next season and reach their peak, only for them to inevitably fumble again because they're not good enough.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:05 pm

M99 wrote:
Unique wrote:
M99 wrote:

Then why don't you get good players, because you don't want them Laughing
that's a question only our owners can answer. the club makes plenty of money and the owners are worth a few billion so the money is there if they wanted to buy. maybe they are just to tight to spend it.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:06 pm

El Gunner wrote:Reading the Pool fans comments in this thread rofl rofl Proud Isn't this sweet to watch, Mole?

If only we could beat them this weekend, it would have been brilliant. Would send them straight down a downward spiral for the rest of the season until they beat a few big teams early in the next season and reach their peak, only for them to inevitably fumble again because they're not good enough.
I'm not sure if your talking about Liverpool or arsenal tbh. Very Happy
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next